Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lucas Matthysse joins the Al Haymon stable
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Check this out:
http://www.boxingscene.com/sources-lucas-m...l-haymon--65057
http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-confir...l-haymon--65064

Seeing what Haymon has done with his fighters, it's only right to assume and say, finally Matthysse will get that exposure he deserves. Potential in house clashes with either Garcia or Broner on the horizon. Or, the partner ship with GPB can bring on a Khan or Maidana showdown, either way it should be seen as a win, win for him and us fans, but first and for most, it's Matthysse-Peterson and that in it self is an event "fan friendly".
checkleft
Awesome move. He will be getting better checks now if he keeps winning and higher profile fights
Hotsauce
get that money!!!
Cshel86
Good

It's also been said that Garcia will face the winner of Matthysse/Peterson on Sept 7th., so people can stop whining about Danny and everybody else ducking Lucas Matthysse like he's the end all be all.

Another thing that sticks out is, Lucas will possibly be getting two high profile fights in a row, one of which he has to win against Lamont, then he gets Garcia. Two consecutive big fights like that, are hard to land nowadays, so I'm not sure how he fairs in them.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 09:16 AM) *
Good

It's also been said that Garcia will face the winner of Matthysse/Peterson on Sept 7th., so people can stop whining about Danny and everybody else ducking Lucas Matthysse like he's the end all be all.

Another thing that sticks out is, Lucas will possibly be getting two high profile fights in a row, one of which he has to win against Lamont, then he gets Garcia. Two consecutive big fights like that, are hard to land nowadays, so I'm not sure how he fairs in them.

matthysse/peterson is going to be a good fight!

i already think garcia is the man to beat at 140....but when the winner faces him, that winner will be undeniably the best at 140.
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 03:13 PM) *

i already think garcia is the man to beat at 140....but when the winner faces him, that winner will be undeniably the best at 140.

Who you got winning that one? I'm so on the fence about that bout. The way Peterson crouches down, It looks like he's going to get KO'd at any minute. Then, all of a sudden, he starts letting off some vicious hooks to the body and brings em up to the temple.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 2 2013, 03:17 PM) *
Who you got winning that one? I'm so on the fence about that bout. The way Peterson crouches down, It looks like he's going to get KO'd at any minute. Then, all of a sudden, he starts letting off some vicious hooks to the body and brings em up to the temple.

the thing with matthysse...to beat him u need to box/stick and move. peterson likes to stand in the pocket and trade. he blocks most of the incoming fire. if he does that, i think he's going to lose. but if he boxes with movement and picks his spots...he'll have a better shot at winning. i'm leaning towards matthysse on this one.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 02:13 PM) *

That fight could be fight of the year while it lasts.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 02:21 PM) *
the thing with matthysse...to beat him u need to box/stick and move. peterson likes to stand in the pocket and trade. he blocks most of the incoming fire. if he does that, i think he's going to lose. but if he boxes with movement and picks his spots...he'll have a better shot at winning. i'm leaning towards matthysse on this one.

I think lamont can definitely box, he just chooses not too because he can be put on his ass. But in the ortiz fight he was doing a beautiful job. His greatest asset is his iq and his heart because in every fight he's been in lately it seems he has no advantage so he has to make it gritty
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 2 2013, 04:05 PM) *
That fight could be fight of the year while it lasts.

I think lamont can definitely box, he just chooses not too because he can be put on his ass. But in the ortiz fight he was doing a beautiful job. His greatest asset is his iq and his heart because in every fight he's been in lately it seems he has no advantage so he has to make it gritty

i don't remember where i read it...or heard it...but the training regimen the peterson brothers go thru seems like over kill to me. couple that with the fact that lamont has had TRT and it's clearly evident. i'm sure he's going to train harder than he ever has for this fight with matthysse which is why i think he's going to lose.

smarter > harder.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 03:08 PM) *
i don't remember where i read it...or heard it...but the training regimen the peterson brothers go thru seems like over kill to me. couple that with the fact that lamont has had TRT and it's clearly evident. i'm sure he's going to train harder than he ever has for this fight with matthysse which is why i think he's going to lose.

smarter > harder.

Trt?
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 2 2013, 04:23 PM) *
Trt?

testosteron replacement therapy
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 04:32 PM) *
testosteron replacement therapy

He did look a little more... Dare I say it a lot more heavy handed his last fight. But the dude is suppose to have some low test. condition, could it really be helping him in the ring
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 2 2013, 09:44 PM) *
He did look a little more... Dare I say it a lot more heavy handed his last fight. But the dude is suppose to have some low test. condition, could it really be helping him in the ring

why would a guy age 28...or so, have low testosterone levels?

over training? or maybe he's been using them for a while so his body isn't producing it the way it should? i'd like to hear a doctors take on this.
Hotsauce
who is peterson promoter?
mgrover
golden boy
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 03:21 PM) *

+1. I think Matthysse isnt' a good look for Lamont's penchant for trying to stand and trade. Matthysse in this one
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 10:12 PM) *
why would a guy age 28...or so, have low testosterone levels?

over training? or maybe he's been using them for a while so his body isn't producing it the way it should? i'd like to hear a doctors take on this.

Is Peterson supposedly suffering from hypogonadism? It can be due to many different reasons: infections, prescribed medications, genetics. The problem isn't that a fighter/athlete takes any testosterone, but rather the levels in which they seemingly ALWAYS exceed accepted avg. human levels.

Yes, consistent, hard training can lower levels of testosterone, but usually not to the degree one would need TRT treatment.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 3 2013, 12:44 PM) *
Is Peterson supposedly suffering from hypogonadism? It can be due to many different reasons: infections, prescribed medications, genetics. The problem isn't that a fighter/athlete takes any testosterone, but rather the levels in which they seemingly ALWAYS exceed accepted avg. human levels.

Yes, consistent, hard training can lower levels of testosterone, but usually not to the degree one would need TRT treatment.

not sure. i'll have to look it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.