Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather-Guerrero Viewing Poll
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I want to ask the community, what are your viewing plans for Mayweather-Guerrero? Note the following generalizations:

Closed circuit theater Prices around the country will be $15-$25 per ticket
I understand Live Seats at Vegas are $200-$1500
The PPV telecast is averaging $60 for the standard definition feed and $70 for the high definition feed

This is to get a statistical profile of how we think the fight will do based on the type of media on which it is viewed. NOTE THAT IF YOU VOTE FOR WATCHING ON-LINE, PLEASE DO NOT INDICATE ANY PUBLIC STREAMS IN THIS THREAD! Only PM's will be allowed for this on fight night.

I think it will be an interesting poll! (Please keep fight predictions in the pinned up thread provided.)

Jack

Administrator
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 2 2013, 01:57 AM) *
I want to ask the community, what are your viewing plans for Mayweather-Guerrero? Note the following generalizations:

Closed circuit theater Prices around the country will be $15-$25 per ticket
I understand Live Seats at Vegas are $200-$1500
The PPV telecast is averaging $60 for the standard definition feed and $70 for the high definition feed

This is to get a statistical profile of how we think the fight will do based on the type of media on which it is viewed. NOTE THAT IF YOU VOTE FOR WATCHING ON-LINE, PLEASE DO NOT INDICATE ANY PUBLIC STREAMS IN THIS THREAD! Only PM's will be allowed for this on fight night.

I think it will be an interesting poll! (Please keep fight predictions in the pinned up thread provided.)

Jack

Administrator

I just hope i'll stay up till 4 am when the fight actually starts in Europe. The poll is a good idea, hope everyone will participate. It can show nice rough estimate.
Cshel86
HD PPV over here, nothing less.

I hope and pray that nobody on here is still ordering standard definition PPVs. If so, then chances are, you're still working from a dial-up internet connection as well.

laugh.gif

I'll be at home watching it. I cant deal with loud sports bars and bunch of bullshit "oohs and ahhhs", along with the contact sports "experts" trying to speak their piece. Streams are okay for international fights, but they just skip too much for my liking...maybe I need to get MY internet connection checked on. Lol

I've never saw a fight via movie theater, so I cant speak on it. Anybody gone this route before? How was it?
mitukczuk
Sometimes I just envy you guys for living in the great US ! HD PPV...dream !
mgrover
I have a terrible stream where I can guess from the pixalated footage if a punch landed or not lol
Jovi
I've come accustomed to streaming, since Mayweather vs Ortiz. It takes awhile to find the right site for me. I witnessed Marquez knocking Pacquiao out via streaming, one of the marvels of the digital age, it was looking pretty good, its gotten better. I was watching Jon jones last week through stream and the quality since Mayweather ortiz had improved dramatically.
leonthegee
HD all day everyday. You forgot to add watching it at the movie theaters.
JammyJam
Probably gonna get that HD PPV. I watched Mayweather vs Mosley in theaters CShel, surprisingly a prettt awesome experience. I expected to be the only one there ended up being like 50 people there. Mostly rooting against Floyd. The place erupted when he stoned Mayweather and almost finished him. Then Floyd went to work and everybody was just amazed.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 2 2013, 02:09 PM) *
HD all day everyday. You forgot to add watching it at the movie theaters.

No, the Closed Circuit option is for the movie theater.

Jack
Jovi
QUOTE (JammyJam @ May 2 2013, 03:43 PM) *
Probably gonna get that HD PPV. I watched Mayweather vs Mosley in theaters CShel, surprisingly a prettt awesome experience. I expected to be the only one there ended up being like 50 people there. Mostly rooting against Floyd. The place erupted when he stoned Mayweather and almost finished him. Then Floyd went to work and everybody was just amazed.

Actually sounds like it would be a pretty fun experience. Movie screen would be way cooler than tv. I want to do this soon! how much is it usually?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jovi @ May 2 2013, 05:07 PM) *
Actually sounds like it would be a pretty fun experience. Movie screen would be way cooler than tv. I want to do this soon! how much is it usually?

Here's the website for ticket information and options to order:

http://www.fathomevents.com/#!may-day-...e-info/theaters

After going there, you can click on the tabs for what you want to know. The tickets are between $15-$20 per person.

Jack
JammyJam
It was 20 when I went. All the homies didn't want to pitch in on the ppv and I wasnt about to put out 70 for them to mooch off lol. Getting a keg was more important to them smh.
The Original MrFactor
I didnt see a choice for, seeing it next week either on demand or on the showtime broadcast next weekend.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 2 2013, 07:38 PM) *
I didnt see a choice for, seeing it next week either on demand or on the showtime broadcast next weekend.

Fixed that option to say.

"Won't Watch live. Will read results and wait for Showtime Replay."

Jack
dre98
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 10:25 AM) *

I hope and pray that nobody on here is still ordering standard definition PPVs. If so, then chances are, you're still working from a dial-up internet connection as well.

laugh.gif

I'll be at home watching it. I cant deal with loud sports bars and bunch of bullshit "oohs and ahhhs", along with the contact sports "experts" trying to speak their piece. Streams are okay for international fights, but they just skip too much for my liking...maybe I need to get MY internet connection checked on. Lol

I've never saw a fight via movie theater, so I cant speak on it. Anybody gone this route before? How was it?

I will be watching the PPV.......I have seen floyd's last two fights in the movie theater. It is definitely a good experience. I just recently went to my first live boxing event at the barclay's with Judah vs Garcia. I would say movies is like a cross between live boxing and home experiences. You dont have people standing in front of you but you might have some people yelling stuff out interacting with the action which is kool. I know the barclays was live. There was a few fights in the stances during the main event. You know you cant have nothing in the hood lol.
dre98
QUOTE (JammyJam @ May 2 2013, 03:43 PM) *

I remember I went the bar during that fight people was going nuts and then when Mayweather kept his composure they was hella quite.
Franchize
I'm thinking about doing the movie theatre thing for the 1st time. Never watched a fight in the movie theatre but it seems like a cool idea. My only fear is that the other people there will annoy me. Casual fans who spew out shit and don't know what they're talking about is a HUGE pet peeve for me when I'm watching a big time fight.
dre98
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 3 2013, 10:39 AM) *
I'm thinking about doing the movie theatre thing for the 1st time. Never watched a fight in the movie theatre but it seems like a cool idea. My only fear is that the other people there will annoy me. Casual fans who spew out shit and don't know what they're talking about is a HUGE pet peeve for me when I'm watching a big time fight.

Go head its way better than a bar
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 09:25 AM) *

laugh.gif

I agree about the SD thing. But the point being that you will save $10 that way, might be seen by some as a nice discount. However, as a cable guy for decades of helping people, it is very annoying when I find out people have invested $1000+ for an HD TV and they are watching through Composite Cables, or they are watching the SD version of the channel and don't know the difference. We get people like that all the time.

$70 is really high though. It's good there are other viewing options for the fight.

Jack
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Jovi @ May 2 2013, 05:07 PM) *

Around my way it was 15....but.most.importantly Beer is allowed.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2013, 12:08 PM) *
I agree about the SD thing. But the point being that you will save $10 that way, might be seen by some as a nice discount. However, as a cable guy for decades of helping people, it is very annoying when I find out people have invested $1000+ for an HD TV and they are watching through Composite Cables, or they are watching the SD version of the channel and don't know the difference. We get people like that all the time.

$70 is really high though. It's good there are other viewing options for the fight.

Jack

Sounds like my wife. Got a big HD tv...HD service....and she's watching them regular channels that look all damn nasty.and she talk about...what's the difference....

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE....GIT OFF.THE DAMN HD.TV!!!!
Jack 1000
The viewing public's knowledge or lack of it can influence how and where one views the fight. Funniest is that I have heard Floyd mentioned as:

"Oh, that dude that everyone hates is fighting!" Than, it seems casual viewers know who you are talking about. LOL!

I have heard Floyd's name mentioned as "Floyd Merriweather" and once, "Floyd Mayflower" hahaha The name Meriweather was a actress named Lee Merriweather back in the 70's..

The closed-circuit option years ago was packed with several hundred people who would pay $20 to $30 a ticket. In contrast, PPV back than was about $30. The first known forty dollar PPV was Holyfield-Foreman in 1991 Tyson was the main draw at the time, and he was still fighting on HBO. The Tyson-McNeeley sham was like $40-$50 and many cable systems refused to carry it until the last minute because of the thought of Tyson fighting an untested bum. However, according to writer quotes, "Over a million suckers paid to see a sham." You had smaller cards at the $20-$30 level and little nothing shit like Cedric Kershner's "Heavyweight Explosion" cards for those fights that couldn't find a home elsewhere for $9.95.

There is no sliding price scale for PPV anymore. You will pay on average $55+ per fight. The viewing options for Closed-Circuit at $15-20 a shot provide a money saver if you are going by yourself. The downsides that I have heard is the following:

*You don't know who is going to be next to you.
*Most Theaters don't have liquor licenses, so you can't bring beer, (at least not legally.)
*Risk of a no clean bathroom. (I know so many people where this drives them to stay home, seriously)
*If your going with a group and get food there, you get up to the $60-$70 price quicker than many people realize

Jack

daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2013, 01:28 PM) *
The viewing public's knowledge or lack of it can influence how and where one views the fight. Funniest is that I have heard Floyd mentioned as:

"Oh, that dude that everyone hates is fighting!" Than, it seems casual viewers know who you are talking about. LOL!

I have heard Floyd's name mentioned as "Floyd Merriweather" and once, "Floyd Mayflower" hahaha The name Meriweather was a actress named Lee Merriweather back in the 70's..

The closed-circuit option years ago was packed with several hundred people who would pay $20 to $30 a ticket. In contrast, PPV back than was about $30. The first known forty dollar PPV was Holyfield-Foreman in 1991 Tyson was the main draw at the time, and he was still fighting on HBO. The Tyson-McNeeley sham was like $40-$50 and many cable systems refused to carry it until the last minute because of the thought of Tyson fighting an untested bum. However, according to writer quotes, "Over a million suckers paid to see a sham." You had smaller cards at the $20-$30 level and little nothing shit like Cedric Kershner's "Heavyweight Explosion" cards for those fights that couldn't find a home elsewhere for $9.95.

There is no sliding price scale for PPV anymore. You will pay on average $55+ per fight. The viewing options for Closed-Circuit at $15-20 a shot provide a money saver if you are going by yourself. The downsides that I have heard is the following:

*You don't know who is going to be next to you.
*Most Theaters don't have liquor licenses, so you can't bring beer, (at least not legally.)
*Risk of a no clean bathroom. (I know so many people where this drives them to stay home, seriously)
*If your going with a group and get food there, you get up to the $60-$70 price quicker than many people realize

Jack

yeah...i hear that a lot. merriweather. smh. don't get me wrong...i love floyd and i've always been a fan. skillwise, i think he's one of the best ever. popularity is no where near the level past champions like ali, leonard, tyson or delahoya. he has made some serious cheddar...but he's alienated himself in the process.
Franchize
I'm really debating this whole theatre vs HD PPV thing. On the one hand, $18 is a hell of a lot cheaper than $70. On the other hand, I'm worried about being around a bunch of idiots and casual boxing fans yelling stupidity. I especially hate the motherfuckers that don't know shit that all of a sudden become experts/ The ones going around saying what should have been done and what they would have done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.