Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who got it worse?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Franchize
Floyd is undefeated, so at some point, everyone he's fought has gotten their ass whooped to an extent. However, the fighters in this poll really didn't do anything to even hang your hat on. It was pretty much an outclassing of monumental proportions in all of these fights in my opinion. That being said, who do YOU think got the worse ass whooping/ boxing lesson out of these clearly outmatched opponents?
I know other guys have gotten it worse (ex. Arturo Gatti) I just wanted to gauge these 4 particular fights.
checkleft
[code][/code]Out of these four I picked guerrero. But corralles got it way worse
mitukczuk
I don't know why, but I don't think the Guerrero fight was such an asswhoopin. Floyd DOMINATED but there were no moments where I would sit in disbelief. From your list i'd choose Baldomir or Marquez.

Baldomir..that was just NASTY! But he was so slow it wasn't even funny. In case of Marquez, that to me was the fight where Floyd looked the best ever imo (tied with his performance against Corrales). Again, I am not saying anything about the weight. I thoroughly enjoyed that fight and with every pull counter Floyd exercised I was more and more quiet in admiration.
daprofessor
i can't call any of those victories "ass whoopins" but the guy who got it the worst was clearly ortiz. he got ktfo. then 2nd is probably marquez. he got dropped.
sduck
Guerrero did imo. My initial reaction to the fight when it was coming up is that it'd be an easy fight, but some people were making some sense when trying to establish Guerrero's chances. Floyd came in as sharp as ever and made Guerrero look like he didn't deserve any kind of business in the same ring. People can argue Guerrero's worth of opposition, but that was outclassing at its finest. When you got guys like Ortiz, Baldomir, and Marquez with noticeable flaws that you can see Floyd getting full advantage of, but with Guerrero it was kind of difficult to see that, especially fighting the oldest version of FMJ coming off a layoff. Ortiz has a huge mental flaw, Marquez had a style and size flaw, and Baldomir had a style and physical flaw. With Guerrero you just didn't see that when coming in to the fight, especially him being a rough em up, come forward like Castillo, and being a southpaw, and we all know the saying "Floyd struggles against southpaws" but he just made Guerrero look so easy, that it was embarrassing for Guerrero, with all those possible chances laid out for him.
mgrover
If Ortiz didn't snap it would of been him, I think he was lucky Mayweather put him out in the 4th, because I could see him getting brutally stopped later.
Jovi
I think Mayweather hurt his hands in both the Guerrero and the Baldomir fights. But Guerrero was let off easy compared to Baldomir haha. Guerrero was just getting Right Hands ALL DAY. Very embarrassing because he also couldn't hit him. But Baldomir just got his ass whooped, couldn't hit Floyd, was getting countered muliple times a minute, was taking body shots, pot shots, hooks, uppercuts, just a horrible night for him.

Mayweather vs Marquez- The first Mayweather fight i actually watched, truly was amazing. I couldn't believe he could actually make it look that easy. It looked a fighting game against a CPU on the highest difficulty. He beat Marquez in everyround. Utter Domination. The countering looked like some Bruce lee stuff, Mayweather had Ninja focus that fight. He was inside Marquez's head and knew what punch he was going to do before he did it. Marquez got shut out that fight, and now he wants no part of a rematch because of it haha. That's Idk why people keep mentioning Mayweather/Marquez 2. Marquez actually has pride, he aint gonna take the check just to take an asswhoopin.

Ortiz really didn't deserve to be in that ring with him. Just mad dirty, he deserved to get KOd the way he did on that night. That's just Karma.
Franchize
End of the day, the worst BEATING was clearly what he did to Arturo Gatti in front of his hometown fans. To date, that is still my favorite fight to re-watch only because I think it was the best boxing exhibition I've ever seen a fighter display. Out of the fights I listed, I think I'll go with Marquez. Damn the weight. At no weight would Marquez have won that fight. Given the fact that Floyd was coming off a 2 year layoff and Marquez was P4P #2 in the world, for him to completely embarrass a Hall of Fame fighter like that...I'd have to say he got it the worst. I have to rewatch the fights again but I think, out of all these guys, Guerrero probably put up the worst fight. Between him and Ortiz, I had no idea what they were even trying to accomplish after a while. At least I kinda knew what Baldomir and Marquez were trying to do.
Cshel86
Out of these 4, I'd have to go with Guerrero. Not because it was an ass-whoopin', but because he had more to offer, than the other 3 fighters.

Marquez - Im not sure why people are giving Floyd props for that fight...it shouldn't have happened in the first place. ANYBODY can look that good against a smaller fighter that obviously cant hurt you. I still give Floyd the side eye for that fight, but considering how Marquez's career didn't crumble after that fight, shows just how skilled he really is.

Baldomir - I nod off, when I even think of that fight. Lol. Dude had cement boots on and had NO speed...laugh.gif

Ortiz - I was proud of the work that he did do in the fight...until of course his famous mental lapse came knocking.

Guerrero - Of all 4 fighters, he had the most to offer. He was the right size, he wasn't intimidated, and countered Floyd pretty good in the first couple of rounds, but again, Floyd took some of his weapons away and Guerrero did himself an injustice by trying to box so early.

He didn't do much wrong, but he just started to step off of the gas, and Floyd stepped on it. With that in mind, he got the worse boxing lesson of the 4.
Dolimite
I said Marquez. He beat that dude's ass like he owed him money. Gatti was an ass beating but so was Diego Corrales and Hatton was an ass beating as well. But I think Chico was an ass beating.

Guerrero talked so much shit i thought he would back some of it up. Ortiz was a joke, Baldomir showed spirit.
Thebruntje
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Out of these 4, I'd have to go with Guerrero. Not because it was an ass-whoopin', but because he had more to offer, than the other 3 fighters.

Marquez - Im not sure why people are giving Floyd props for that fight...it shouldn't have happened in the first place. ANYBODY can look that good against a smaller fighter that obviously cant hurt you. I still give Floyd the side eye for that fight, but considering how Marquez's career didn't crumble after that fight, shows just how skilled he really is.

Baldomir - I nod off, when I even think of that fight. Lol. Dude had cement boots on and had NO speed...laugh.gif

Ortiz - I was proud of the work that he did do in the fight...until of course his famous mental lapse came knocking.

Guerrero - Of all 4 fighters, he had the most to offer. He was the right size, he wasn't intimidated, and countered Floyd pretty good in the first couple of rounds, but again, Floyd took some of his weapons away and Guerrero did himself an injustice by trying to box so early.

He didn't do much wrong, but he just started to step off of the gas, and Floyd stepped on it. With that in mind, he got the worse boxing lesson of the 4.

It is ironic to me for you to choose Guerrero as the guy who got the worst beating! Before the Guerrero fight i said that it would look like Mayweather-Gatti ! Even though Guerrero wasn't stopped Mayweather whooped him almost as bad as he did to gatti i wish he would have put his foot on the gas in the last 2 rounds! I actually thought Mayweather was way to defensive in the last rounds but at the same time i understood him, there's no need in taking risks when you already won the fight and you're planning on fighting again in september!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 6 2013, 07:26 AM) *
If Ortiz didn't snap it would of been him, I think he was lucky Mayweather put him out in the 4th, because I could see him getting brutally stopped later.

Ha ha ha ha....+1.
BrutUalBK
Baldo got totally outclassed, he seemed like he was trying harder than all the rest of them combined, he is naturally bigger than all of the others too and being the Lineal Champ at the time we all expected more from him especially since he beatdown Zab prior to. I didn't expect as much from JMM though he was #2 P4P at the time because of his lack of height and his lack of speed, and i felt that RG was more talking himself up because of all the crap his dad was spewing but I figured Floyd would beat him by UD.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Thebruntje @ May 6 2013, 04:49 PM) *
It is ironic to me for you to choose Guerrero as the guy who got the worst beating! Before the Guerrero fight i said that it would look like Mayweather-Gatti ! Even though Guerrero wasn't stopped Mayweather whooped him almost as bad as he did to gatti i wish he would have put his foot on the gas in the last 2 rounds! I actually thought Mayweather was way to defensive in the last rounds but at the same time i understood him, there's no need in taking risks when you already won the fight and you're planning on fighting again in september!

I see that you're still hyped about the fight on Saturday, but there's no way in the world Mayweather has beaten anybody worse than he beat Gatti...not even close. Again, I know you're excited about Floyd's victory, but let's not get outta hand here.

daprofessor
QUOTE (Thebruntje @ May 6 2013, 04:49 PM) *

huh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 08:50 PM) *
I see that you're still hyped about the fight on Saturday, but there's no way in the world Mayweather has beaten anybody worse than he beat Gatti...not even close. Again, I know you're excited about Floyd's victory, but let's not get outta hand here.

Yeah that Gatti fight was something I like to call one of Boxing's brutal masterpieces. But out of these 4 that's in the poll I'm torn between Baldomir and Guerrero. Baldomir was throwing punches that to even call them slow is being generous, and Guerrero, I just find it funny how God was on his side and he lost. I guess the good Lord wanted Robert's eye busted open. I wouldn't call what Floyd did to him this past Saturday an ass whoopin but he definitely made a statement and Guerrero got the message loud and clear
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 03:29 AM) *
Yeah that Gatti fight was something I like to call one of Boxing's brutal masterpieces. But out of these 4 that's in the poll I'm torn between Baldomir and Guerrero. Baldomir was throwing punches that to even call them slow is being generous, and Guerrero, I just find it funny how God was on his side and he lost. I guess the good Lord wanted Robert's eye busted open. I wouldn't call what Floyd did to him this past Saturday an ass whoopin but he definitely made a statement and Guerrero got the message loud and clear

I disagree that Baldo's punches was slow, it was just that Floyd was so much faster in order to get out of the way of them; those are the same punches that beat the superfast Judah at that time.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 7 2013, 04:29 AM) *

Right, and you worded it correctly...a "brutal masterpiece".

As for Guerrero, smh...that's all I can do is shake my head. He appeared to have all of the tools, but couldn't do anything with it after talking all of that trash. Smh.

He got a boxing lesson from a 36-year old fighter who was sold to the public as possibly past it.
Franchize
Nobody got whooped worse than Gatti. That's why I didn't even add him to the list lol
hitman
I don't think Baldomir or Marquez got it really bad. Guerrero ate more harder shots than both of them. Ortiz got it the worst though cause he got KTFO. I don't think Floyd ever really hurt the other guys. JMM got dropped but I don't think he was really hurt.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 04:36 PM) *
I don't think Baldomir or Marquez got it really bad. Guerrero ate more harder shots than both of them. Ortiz got it the worst though cause he got KTFO. I don't think Floyd ever really hurt the other guys. JMM got dropped but I don't think he was really hurt.

It wasn't necessarily about whether he hurt them or not but rather how badly he embarrassed them with his display of boxing skills.
hitman
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 06:31 PM) *
It wasn't necessarily about whether he hurt them or not but rather how badly he embarrassed them with his display of boxing skills.

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 5 2013, 11:55 PM) *
That being said, who do YOU think got the worse ass whooping/ boxing lesson out of these clearly outmatched opponents?

what does ass whooping mean then? rolleyes_anim.gif

ortiz lost every round and got knocked out in humiliating fashion. i'd rather be any of the other 3 than him.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (hitman @ May 7 2013, 06:49 PM) *
what does ass whooping mean then? rolleyes_anim.gif

ortiz lost every round and got knocked out in humiliating fashion. i'd rather be any of the other 3 than him.

I believe he was focusing more on how easily they were embarrassed, which is why he left out the Gatti beatdown. Everybody knows he got it worse.
daprofessor
ass whoopin must mean something different these days. laugh.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 7 2013, 07:01 PM) *
ass whoopin must mean something different these days. laugh.gif

Floyd showed more offense vs Gatti, he didn't even have to use his defense all that much but in the fights vs Baldo and JMM he displayed an equal amount of both which totally embarrassed his competitors vs Gatti it was a clean and simple ass whuppin.

Floyd moved brilliantly vs Baldo (who brought more pressure and threw more in volume of punches than JMM) and he made it look as though he was Usain Bolt and Baldo was a giant Sloth.
xxxxxx
It's Ortiz. He taught him the most important Boxing lesson of all. "Protect yourself at all times".
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 06:15 AM) *
I disagree that Baldo's punches was slow, it was just that Floyd was so much faster in order to get out of the way of them; those are the same punches that beat the superfast Judah at that time.

That Judah fight was a mirage, the highlight of his career.So I give him credit for that win but we all know how Judah was at that particular time so it is what it is. Those punches beat the after 6 round Judah. Yeah Mayweather was much faster but it's rare occurence when he's not, I stand on my comments that Baldomir's punches were slow
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 7 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Right, and you worded it correctly...a "brutal masterpiece".

As for Guerrero, smh...that's all I can do is shake my head. He appeared to have all of the tools, but couldn't do anything with it after talking all of that trash. Smh.

He got a boxing lesson from a 36-year old fighter who was sold to the public as possibly past it.

And to think they sold this lemon to the American public laugh.gif

The stuff that Guerrero did in the earlier rounds was working, somewhere into the fight he just lost something, what that something is IDK but he just couldn't do what he needed to do and I am of the belief that he knew what adjustments to make, he just couldn't execute them. Maybe that's more Mayweather's doing then his own
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2013, 01:04 AM) *

The stuff that Guerrero did in the earlier rounds was working, somewhere into the fight he just lost something, what that something is IDK but he just couldn't do what he needed to do and I am of the belief that he knew what adjustments to make, he just couldn't execute them. Maybe that's more Mayweather's doing then his own

Right

I was in the living room like, "WTF???". After the 3rd round, I just started posting, and knew that I didn't even have to look at the tv anymore...the pace was already set. Smh
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2013, 12:04 AM) *

It's called Floyd making the necessary adjustments, it usually takes Money 4 rounds to figure out what his opponent is doing and the timing to make him pay; once he does he takes over and dominates which is exactly what happened.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Floyd showed more offense vs Gatti, he didn't even have to use his defense all that much but in the fights vs Baldo and JMM he displayed an equal amount of both which totally embarrassed his competitors vs Gatti it was a clean and simple ass whuppin.

Floyd moved brilliantly vs Baldo (who brought more pressure and threw more in volume of punches than JMM) and he made it look as though he was Usain Bolt and Baldo was a giant Sloth.

ok...first...never, ever mention baldomir and jmm in the same sentence again! laugh.gif

so whoopin is the wrong word. 'defensive display' is more fitting.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 8 2013, 03:23 PM) *
It's called Floyd making the necessary adjustments, it usually takes Money 4 rounds to figure out what his opponent is doing and the timing to make him pay; once he does he takes over and dominates which is exactly what happened.

Agreed
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2013, 12:49 PM) *
Right

I was in the living room like, "WTF???". After the 3rd round, I just started posting, and knew that I didn't even have to look at the tv anymore...the pace was already set. Smh

He's going to be thinking about the way he fought for a long time, he had some success and it just stopped. Some of that was Mayweather because he adjusted and started picking Guerrero apart, but Guerrero is also good at adjustments but he didn't do it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.