Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios Set For Nov.23
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KOpower
Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios is set for November 23rd in China. It will be an exciting fight but I think I will pass on paying $60-$70 for it unless Arum stacks the undercard. This is a pretty marginal fight for Pac, but it's the best he can do with JMM and Bradley fighting each other.
checkleft
Good fight for manny. Easy Target to hit and if he gets caught his chin gets tested, only bad thing is they will be in China so there is no telling what the testing is gonna be like (big deal for these two).

Another good thing about this is that it leaves alvarado and ruslan open to face each other. Arum is making some hood headliners so far. I still wish someone would drop him in a hole somewhere tho
bnoles4life
Smart move by the Bobfather. Confidence-boosting, tailor made opponent, while making a TON of money off the Chinese. Makes perfect sense, business-wise.
Dolimite
And they say Floyd Cherry Picks hand made opponents. He could at least fought Alvarado. This fight will go six rounds.Expect to see the Manny of old. Steroids in all. No testing in China. Bob will gross so much money especially if he has that other Asian cat on the undercard. What a shame.
daprofessor
this fight is going to be the end of rios.
jtiizzle
don't overreact we could see another pac KO.

rios got an iron chin and is throwing bombs and stalking we just don't know how manny will react coming off of a KO. Dangerous fight
JammyJam
I'm taking Rios in this one. I feel like Bob is cashing him out. One large huge payday in China. Plus he gets Rios some worldwide exposure. Idk I don't think Rios will legitimately win though. I expect a gift on the cards.
un01
Mike Alvarado must be loving Top Rank right about now lol
Cshel86
Rios by TKO

Fool's gold for Manny
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 09:41 PM) *
Rios by TKO

Fool's gold for Manny

you lost your mojo! laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2013, 10:05 PM) *
you lost your mojo! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think Rios takes this one. As we've seen from him as of late, his defense a bit underrated and he will pick up where Margarito left off. He's quicker than Margs, he takes a punch just about the same, and his hand speed is better.

I wont say that Rios will walk away from this one unscathed, but Manny will have his work cut out for him. He looked pretty good in the Marquez fight before the knockout, but I think Rios will make him work even harder for it at this stage.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 6 2013, 10:12 PM) *
laugh.gif

I think Rios takes this one. As we've seen from him as of late, his defense a bit underrated and he will pick up where Margarito left off. He's quicker than Margs, he takes a punch just about the same, and his hand speed is better.

I wont say that Rios will walk away from this one unscathed, but Manny will have his work cut out for him. He looked pretty good in the Marquez fight before the knockout, but I think Rios will make him work even harder for it at this stage.

i agree...he'll pick up where margarito left off....getting his ass beat. laugh.gif

i can't see rios lasting more than 5 rounds. even against a depleted version of pac. pac is going to fire on this kid and put him to sleep.

rios defense looked spotty at best against alvarado. rios has gone as high as he's going to go. he's tailor made for a guy like pac. he's a slower, extremely less skilled version of the kind of guys manny was beating to earn the name mexicutioner. this was the fight arum should have made after the bradley loss. we might have still been talking about mayweather/pac as a relevant fight had he done that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 6 2013, 10:19 PM) *
i agree...he'll pick up where margarito left off....getting his ass beat. laugh.gif

i can't see rios lasting more than 5 rounds. even against a depleted version of pac. pac is going to fire on this kid and put him to sleep.

rios defense looked spotty at best against alvarado. rios has gone as high as he's going to go. he's tailor made for a guy like pac. he's a slower, extremely less skilled version of the kind of guys manny was beating to earn the name mexicutioner. this was the fight arum should have made after the bradley loss. we might have still been talking about mayweather/pac as a relevant fight had he done that.

It remains to be seen. As much as I want to say that he's tailor made for Manny, I wanted him to stay as far away from a fight of this nature after the Marquez loss.
klonopinz
No way bradon rios can knock out manny pacquiao. manny aint gonna make that mistake again trust me he learned from that. Not to mention brandon rios doesnt have 1% of the aquired skill and experience that marquez had that allowed him to KO pacquiao. Rios is the guy that looks for the knockout all night and gets tagged up in the process, Marquez is the guy who sets up the knockout and then gets it. It took marquez 4 fights to do that. You think dumbass rios can pull that off? hell no. That kid doesnt have one ounce of ring IQ in him. Hes gonna try to come forward and get his head bashed in all nite like margarito. Pacquiao is an elusive target for the most part, the only way to catch him is to lure him in, and it takes a counter puncher who knows his habits to do that. Brandon rios is gonna get beat up.
Jack 1000
I think I am taking Rios here! Bob could be cashing Manny out and we don't know how Manny is going to react after being KO'd cold. He may not be the same fighter ever again. In fact he may box more and be more cautions. Rios only knows one way to fight. The winner could fight Alverado. Rios-Pacquiao will be a war! If Manny can't get past Rios, he's done.

Jack
jtiizzle
it's wrong how they are doing alvarado
KOpower
Rios has never faced a fighter with Pac's offensive ability, so we don't know how his chin will stand up.

Manny finishes this fight in the middle rounds if he is right. If he loses to Rios, he may never get back to that elite level. The big question is how Pac's chin holds up after the JMM fight. If it is still ok and Pac isn't a different fighter, he smokes Rios and looks great doing so.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 6 2013, 10:16 PM) *
it's wrong how they are doing alvarado

Unless of course Mike is lined up for the winner as should be the case. Yea, I would like to see Pacquiao-Alverado instead , but Pacquiao-Rios is still pretty cool!

This ends within six rounds either way.

Jack
mgrover
I wonder at what weight this fight will be at? If its at 147 Rios will come out swinging again, get gassed quickly, nighty night
daprofessor
QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 6 2013, 10:52 PM) *
No way bradon rios can knock out manny pacquiao. manny aint gonna make that mistake again trust me he learned from that. Not to mention brandon rios doesnt have 1% of the aquired skill and experience that marquez had that allowed him to KO pacquiao. Rios is the guy that looks for the knockout all night and gets tagged up in the process, Marquez is the guy who sets up the knockout and then gets it. It took marquez 4 fights to do that. You think dumbass rios can pull that off? hell no. That kid doesnt have one ounce of ring IQ in him. Hes gonna try to come forward and get his head bashed in all nite like margarito. Pacquiao is an elusive target for the most part, the only way to catch him is to lure him in, and it takes a counter puncher who knows his habits to do that. Brandon rios is gonna get beat up.

very good assessment. pretty much how i see it too.
mrchitown
This is going to be a good one for as long as it lasts but somebody getting sleeped. I want to go with Manny in this one but that KO was so brutal it may have lingering effects, IDK, I can't really call it right now, but it should be a good one
Hotsauce
pacquiao vs margarito 2.0
sduck
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 6 2013, 06:13 PM) *
Smart move by the Bobfather. Confidence-boosting, tailor made opponent, while making a TON of money off the Chinese. Makes perfect sense, business-wise.

This^
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 6 2013, 07:13 PM) *

As if we dont make enough money off of the Chinese anyway, lol. Gotta love good ol' Bob for finding another cow to milk. Trust me, all of my "made in China" products are serving their purpose and giving me my money's worth, while my "made in USA" products are abandoned...sorta like those packs of socks that kids get on Christmas...they unwrap the gift, look at it, throws it over their shoulder, and commence to unwrapping the action figures.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 6 2013, 11:45 PM) *
Unless of course Mike is lined up for the winner as should be the case. Yea, I would like to see Pacquiao-Alverado instead , but Pacquiao-Rios is still pretty cool!

This ends within six rounds either way.

Jack

Mike is in a tight space here, kinda weird. He does need time for his body to heal, but what if Bob wants him to fight before the end of the year? Who will it be? Provodnikov? At 147? What if Rios loses? Will he and Mike fight again at 140? Sounds like some wearing & tearing of the body will be in progress.

If he gets to fight the winner without having to take a stay busy fight, then cool. I sincerely hope that the stay-busy fight is a soft touch though. I dont know though...feels like Im confusing myself and it's still early over here, so my thoughts hold no weight until after noon. Lol
checkleft
Mike and ruslan should fight on the undercard.

And if manny fights like manny this will be a blood bath. Let's hope his wiskers are still there
pimpfighterROQ
As expected. Arum has been salivating on making this fight long ago and the stage is set finally. If the hungry Pacquiao that fought Marquez before the knockout shows up, it will be a very short fight in favor of Pacquiao. We've seen Pac handle pressure fighters like Margarito and Rios does not have the height advantage that Margarito had. Rios will be Rios but the question will be how much of Pacquiao is left after that brutal knock out. How would his mentality be like when he feels the power of Rios.

Before the knockout, Pacquiao would eat Rios alive but that was before. Now it's a toss up. I'd say it's a 50/50 fight. I wouldn't bet on Rios either, he's not undefeated anymore so no use in preserving that. And win or lose, Rios will still make headlines rematching with Alvarado, a fight with Bradley or Provodnikov. A Pacquiao win on the other hand would net Arum a Marquez fight, a Bradley rematch and throw Pacquiao back in the Mayweather talks again.

Not betting on either fighter a sure win. I just know this will be a short fight with fans winning and Arum winning. Can't wait.
Hotsauce
i heard they doing random drug testing
neophyte7
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ May 7 2013, 12:24 PM) *
As expected. Arum has been salivating on making this fight long ago and the stage is set finally. If the hungry Pacquiao that fought Marquez before the knockout shows up, it will be a very short fight in favor of Pacquiao. We've seen Pac handle pressure fighters like Margarito and Rios does not have the height advantage that Margarito had. Rios will be Rios but the question will be how much of Pacquiao is left after that brutal knock out. How would his mentality be like when he feels the power of Rios.

Before the knockout, Pacquiao would eat Rios alive but that was before. Now it's a toss up. I'd say it's a 50/50 fight. I wouldn't bet on Rios either, he's not undefeated anymore so no use in preserving that. And win or lose, Rios will still make headlines rematching with Alvarado, a fight with Bradley or Provodnikov. A Pacquiao win on the other hand would net Arum a Marquez fight, a Bradley rematch and throw Pacquiao back in the Mayweather talks again.

Not betting on either fighter a sure win. I just know this will be a short fight with fans winning and Arum winning. Can't wait.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 9 2013, 05:19 PM) *
i heard they doing random drug testing

LMAO... expect a sub par pac.. the boxing community has been on to him and cannot take his jungle juice... he will never look the same without his juice ... it is obvious. pAC MAY be laying face first again sooner than later. He better get as many HENNESY COMMERICial royalties as he can. He is headed for a bad ending with his Kamikaze style!!!
mgrover
Now expect Pac to get full credit for it tongue.gif
Cshel86
Will Pacquiao undergo random drug testing, or just Rios???
Jack 1000
Just saw on the Fight Nights Boxing Schedule that the show will be on REGULAR HBO and NOT HBO PPV!

So this is great!

Jack

daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 9 2013, 06:01 PM) *
Now expect Pac to get full credit for it tongue.gif

props to the filipino champions for taking up the initiative and cleaning up boxing! laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 12:04 PM) *
props to the filipino champions for taking up the initiative and cleaning up boxing! laugh.gif

This is what the sport of boxing needed a superstar to stand up against steroids in the sport of boxing. He really cares about cleaning up the sport unlike that bitch Mayweather.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 10 2013, 03:42 PM) *
This is what the sport of boxing needed a superstar to stand up against steroids in the sport of boxing. He really cares about cleaning up the sport unlike that bitch Mayweather.

between nonito and manny....where would boxing be without these stand up guys?
mgrover
I think the move was made because Heradia is now working with Rios. Expect Rios to come in looking similar to Marquez.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 10 2013, 05:14 PM) *
I think the move was made because Heradia is now working with Rios. Expect Rios to come in looking similar to Marquez.

Lmao. I doubt Rios could ever look as hulked out as marquez, he's a chunky monkey lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 10 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Lmao. I doubt Rios could ever look as hulked out as marquez, he's a chunky monkey lol

don't be shocked when he comes in against pac jacked to the gills. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.