Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Boxing Quotes
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Gambit808
I'm watching Million Dollar Baby and Morgan Freeman's character had a nice quote in there that said "To make a fighter you gotta strip them down to bare wood: you can't just tell 'em to forget everything you know if you gotta make 'em forget even their bones... make 'em so tired they only listen to you, only hear your voice, only do what you say and nothing else... show 'em how to keep their balance and take it away from the other guy... how to generate momentum off their right toe and how to flex your knees when you fire a jab... how to fight backin' up so that the other guy doesn't want to come after you. Then you gotta show 'em all over again. Over and over and over... till they think they're born that way." In fact there are a handful of them in this that I like which gave me the idea to post this.

I want to read some good ones from FH Community, rather it be from movies, real fights, or personal encounters. What's some good fight Quotes you've herd.
checkleft
"A pretty man should be heavyweight champion of the world, look at me! I'm pretty as a girl!" Ali
mitukczuk
"Hi I'm Oscar I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that.....You ain't gonna do shit" - Mayweather

That's my absolute favorite. The delivery was awesome...

Ali deserves the top spot though...
mrchitown
Ali and Tyson have the best quoatables
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 9 2013, 02:29 AM) *
Ali and Tyson have the best quoatables

"I broke my back"

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - this one is just out of this world!
mgrover
"Last night I had a dream, When I got to Africa,

I had one hell of a rumble.
I had to beat Tarzanís behind first,
For claiming to be King of the Jungle.
For this fight, Iíve wrestled with alligators,
Iíve tussled with a whale.
I done handcuffed lightning
And throw thunder in jail.
You know Iím bad.
just last week, I murdered a rock,
Injured a stone, Hospitalized a brick.
Iím so mean, I make medicine sick.
Iím so fast, man,
I can run through a hurricane and donít get wet.
When George Foreman meets me,
Heíll pay his debt.
I can drown the drink of water, and kill a dead tree.
Wait till you see Muhammad Ali."

Now that was something else lol
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 9 2013, 05:32 AM) *
"Last night I had a dream, When I got to Africa,

I had one hell of a rumble.
I had to beat Tarzan’s behind first,
For claiming to be King of the Jungle.
For this fight, I’ve wrestled with alligators,
I’ve tussled with a whale.
I done handcuffed lightning
And throw thunder in jail.
You know I’m bad.
just last week, I murdered a rock,
Injured a stone, Hospitalized a brick.
I’m so mean, I make medicine sick.
I’m so fast, man,
I can run through a hurricane and don’t get wet.
When George Foreman meets me,
He’ll pay his debt.
I can drown the drink of water, and kill a dead tree.
Wait till you see Muhammad Ali."

Now that was something else lol

THIS times infinity!
Jovi
Dammm you guys already mentioned all the ones i would

Mayweather at Dela Hoya. Muhammed Alil at George foreman. And Tyson at Lennox Lewis.

As for Ali and Tyson, aint nobody about that life no more. haha even Floyd aint about that no more
neophyte7
Referee: Any Questions?

ANTONIO TARVER: YEAH, I GOT A QUESTION, GOT ANY EXCUSES TONIGHT ROY??? lmao... laugh.gif
Franchize
"Last night I cut the light out in my bedroom, I hit the switch and was in the bed before the room was dark."

Cshel86

My favorite part and lines from Mr. T!

How many times did he tell Mickey to "shut up"??? Then he went at Rocky's old lady like it was nothin'!

laugh.gif
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 9 2013, 11:22 AM) *

My favorite part and lines from Mr. T!

How many times did he tell Mickey to "shut up"??? Then he went at Rocky's old lady like it was nothin'!

laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJSJc2hTTgs

But he had some pretty awesome lines thats for sure!
happygocampy
One of Bernard Hopkins fights about a decade ago, he fought and demolished some no named mandatory from france, after the fight, Merchant interviewed him and hassled him about the quality of his opponent, told him he got paid for not doing much of anything. Trying to get that last word in Larry sais back to you Jim, then that 3 second pause you hear Hopkins say something like, "Yeah well Larry you get paid for not doing much of anything everyday" before they cut his mic, was hilarious, wish i could find video on it.
Dolimite
"Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee." The GREAT Ali

"My balls, he hit me in my balls." Judah, it was funny and tragic at the shame time

"Only in America!"Don King

"uhhh...uhhhh.... its up to my promoter." Manny P.

"There is only one Ricky Hatton, walking along singing his song walking in a Hatton wonderland." British fight fans. I loved that song and the energy they bought to Vegas!

"I looked up to Oscar De La Hoya like he was God." Ortiz... we say silly shit sometimes. His god does coke and dresses in drag...

"He said I took his bag... okay I took your shit...now whatcha going to do about it?"? Mayweather. I just liked this quote.

"Down goes FRAZIER! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!" Costello. That is how you announce a fight!

Franchize
How could I forget the most epic two word quote ever?

"That Dress!"
hitman
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't. - Jack Dempsey

I'm not god but I am something similar - Roberto Duran

To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragedy. - Cus D'Amato
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 9 2013, 01:42 PM) *
How could I forget the most epic two word quote ever?

"That Dress!"

+1

Man, dat dress really was something else biggrin.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 9 2013, 03:13 AM) *
"I broke my back"

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" - this one is just out of this world!

Remember when they asked Tyson in a post fight about a KO and he said the guy made noises like a woman and he preceded to mimic the said noises. Tyson should do pre fight speeches, he'd be out of debt in no time laugh.gif
BigDDatHomey
If he dies.....he dies....

And

Thow da towel.......thow da damn towel!!!!!

ROCKY 4
neophyte7
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 9 2013, 03:45 PM) *
Remember when they asked Tyson in a post fight about a KO and he said the guy made noises like a woman and he preceded to mimic the said noises. Tyson should do pre fight speeches, he'd be out of debt in no time laugh.gif

Tyson was hilarious.. I recall him commenting after he knocked out M. Spinks... he said something about him not looking good physically he said he looked "EMACIATED" .. LMAO..
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 9 2013, 02:45 PM) *

Of course I remember! biggrin.gif memorable!

I think he doesn't have it anymore....hes like a fawn nowadays.
mgrover
“Boxing is the only sport you can get your brain shook, your money took and your name in the undertaker book.” Smoking Joe

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Ali

If people are doing movies this was out of Ali
"
Ali comes out to meet Frazier, but Frazier starts to retreat.
If Joe goes back an inch farther, he'll wind up in a ringside seat.
Ali swings with his left, Ali swings with his right.
Just look at the kid carry the fight.
Frazier keeps backin', but there's not enough room.
It's only a matter of time before Ali lowers the boom.
Ali swings with his right. What a beautiful swing.
But the punch lifts Frazier clean out of the ring.
Frazier's still risin', and the referee wears a frown...
'cause he can't start countin' till Frazier comes down.
Frazier's disappeared from view. The crowd is getting frantic.
But our radar stations picked him up. He's somewhere over the Atlantic.
Now, who would've thought when they came to the fight...
they was gonna witness the launchin' of a black satellite.
But don't wait for that fight.
It ain't never gonna happen.
Only thing you could do...
is wonder and imagine. "

"The three toughest fighters I ever fought were Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Robinson. I fought Sugar so many times, I'm surprised I'm not diabetic."

—Jake LaMotta
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2013, 10:13 AM) *
Referee: Any Questions?

ANTONIO TARVER: YEAH, I GOT A QUESTION, GOT ANY EXCUSES TONIGHT ROY??? lmao... laugh.gif

by far...the greatest quote in modern times.
daprofessor
QUOTE (happygocampy @ May 9 2013, 12:43 PM) *
One of Bernard Hopkins fights about a decade ago, he fought and demolished some no named mandatory from france, after the fight, Merchant interviewed him and hassled him about the quality of his opponent, told him he got paid for not doing much of anything. Trying to get that last word in Larry sais back to you Jim, then that 3 second pause you hear Hopkins say something like, "Yeah well Larry you get paid for not doing much of anything everyday" before they cut his mic, was hilarious, wish i could find video on it.

i remember that beautiful moment! it was after the hakkar fight. with that as inspiration....

"you never give me a fair shake...hbo should fire you...you don't know shit about boxing!!! you ain't shit!!!" f. mayweather jr. to larry merchant

neophyte7
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2013, 07:32 PM) *
by far...the greatest quote in modern times.

Yeah. and the KO following... Definitely the greatest quote in modern times. alot of people hate him but Tarver gets props from me on this one...
mgrover
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 10 2013, 12:48 AM) *
Yeah. and the KO following... Definitely the greatest quote in modern times. alot of people hate him but Tarver gets props from me on this one...

he was on peds.
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2013, 07:48 PM) *

me too.
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2013, 04:09 PM) *
Tyson was hilarious.. I recall him commenting after he knocked out M. Spinks... he said something about him not looking good physically he said he looked "EMACIATED" .. LMAO..

My insides hurt laugh.gif

That man never met a microphone he didn't like
mrchitown
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 9 2013, 04:39 PM) *
Of course I remember! biggrin.gif memorable!

I think he doesn't have it anymore....hes like a fawn nowadays.

He's toned down now, I guess that's a good thing
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 10 2013, 12:07 AM) *
He's toned down now, I guess that's a good thing

No doubt about that !
Franchize
Floyd Quotes:
"Vernon Forrest fucked you up. Winky Wright fucked you up. Miguel Cotto fucked you up. May 1st....I'ma fuck you up some more." -Floyd
"He said he looks to De La Hoya like a god. This is old news. I already kicked his ass. He's no longer relevant." -Floyd
"The blood was coming out of him so quick it came out blue before it turned red." -Floyd after sparring
"When you talk about 24/7, they wanna see me. Who the fuck wanna hear about some cappuccino and your punk ass dogs. This is America. They wanna see controversy." - Floyd
"I told Shane, we'll give you a job. I'll let you hold my feet while I do sit ups. Somethin light like that." Floyd
Franchize
"Take off that Janet Jackson hat!" Angel Garcia
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2013, 01:37 PM) *
"Take off that Janet Jackson hat!" Angel Garcia

"i speak the troof! the sky is too big for me to cover." laugh.gif
Franchize
After talking all that trash about every fighter rumored to possibly face Danny Garcia, when asked about Danny fighting Floyd, Angel said "It's going to be a spiritual fight." lmaoooo In other words... I'm not going to talk shit because my son is going to get his ass handed to him if I do.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 9 2013, 01:44 AM) *
"Hi I'm Oscar I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that.....You ain't gonna do shit" - Mayweather

That's my absolute favorite. The delivery was awesome...

Ali deserves the top spot though...

I remember that.....I laughed like a mug when he said it.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 9 2013, 07:53 PM) *
he was on peds.

AND his eyes were completely shut.....don't believe me, check the tape. **still hates Tarver for doing that to my boy Roy**
mgrover
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 10 2013, 10:29 PM) *
AND his eyes were completely shut.....don't believe me, check the tape. **still hates Tarver for doing that to my boy Roy**

Well Tarver was recently found to be on PEDs for that fight, so why couldn't he be then.

I mean you would be more likely to accuse someone thats been caught with PEDs than someone thats tested clean there entire career wouldn't you?
neophyte7
SOOO WHAT... ROID Jones Jr got KTFO and the quote (question) was classic....
mgrover
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 10 2013, 10:38 PM) *
SOOO WHAT... ROID Jones Jr got KTFO and the quote (question) was classic....

No I was stating that Tarver could of been on PEDs
klonopinz
Jim Lampley "Manny pacquiao is gradually reconfiguering de la hoya's, beautiful face."

Larry merchant "this is getting embarrassing"

Classicly hilarious IMHO
neophyte7
Larry Merchant on ANTWUN (KID DYNAMITE ECHOLS) fighting Hopkins in bout 2 when Hopkins started whooping that ass

"KID DYNAMITE IS GETTING BLOWN UP" lmao

mrwigi
Another quote from million dollar baby:

"The body knows what fighters don't: how to protect itself. A neck can only twist so far. Twist it just a hair more and the body says, "Hey, I'll take it from here because you obviously don't know what you're doing... Lie down now, rest, and we'll talk about this when you regain your senses." It's called the knockout mechanism."

And of course, brother Nazim...

"Swim without getting wet"
Col Reb
Two Tyson favorites:

"I don't know, man, I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian."

ďMy power is discombobulatingly devastating. I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.Ē

Favorite Arum quote:

"Yesterday I was lying. Today I'm telling the truth"

Amandla
"In some ways that fight gave me more respect around the world and helped me be even more popular because so many people felt my pain and saw that I was robbed."
Marvin Hagler
Franchize
"Ahhhhhh Mah Gaaawwwd"
Manny Steward
Franchize
"Shane said all I care about is fighting for money. Motherfucker. I'm a prize fighter. That's what I'm supposed to fight for. A prize...dummy."

"You got that big shot and got happy. I wish you didn't land that big shot. That big shot come down the road. You gotta work for that." Brother Naz

"Most people who aren't Mayweather fans consider him to be a pure punk, he's a talented coward the way they see it, and I disagree with that. I think this kid can rumble. I think he can stand in there and rumble a little bit. My impression of the fight? Shane's gonna come out and hit Floyd in the mouth, and Floyd is gonna sprout a tail, grow wings, draw fangs and claws and turn into a Dragon in the ring and start spittin fire balls." Brother Naz
Gambit808
YOU GOIN TO JAIL NOW! YOU GOIN TO JAIL NOW!!!

Lol
neophyte7
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 13 2013, 04:54 AM) *
YOU GOIN TO JAIL NOW! YOU GOIN TO JAIL NOW!!!

Lol

THAT IS A CLEVELAND BUS CLASSIC .. that bus driver had to be former boxer-- LMAO
Gambit808
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 13 2013, 12:00 PM) *
THAT IS A CLEVELAND BUS CLASSIC .. that bus driver had to be former boxer-- LMAO

I couldn't resist throwing that one in here, shit is still funny to me... Wrong... But funny lol
Gambit808
"This makes Cinderella look like a sad story"- Larry Merchant

Mike Tyson vs. Buster Douglas

Jim Lampley: "And if he loses, it's because it's been written by Allah. The 12 rounds that you see here, suggest that Allah knows how to spell BARRERA.. B-A-R-R-E-R-A!"

George Foreman: "You should be cool on that"

Marco Barrera vs Naseem Hamed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.