Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prediction Thread: Who is next for Mayweather?(Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
logicalThinker
I seen on Amirs twitter that he said he wants Floyd before he retires, Pac and his advisor said Pacquiao is the only one who cam really test mayweather, ans Canelo said he will tell GB he wants floyd next and that he wamts floyd to come to him (154) so for Sept 14 who makes the most sense. Or is there someone else that will be in that other corner on Sept 14
daprofessor
QUOTE (logicalThinker @ May 8 2013, 07:48 PM) *
I seen on Amirs twitter that he said he wants Floyd before he retires, Pac and his advisor said Pacquiao is the only one who cam really test mayweather, ans Canelo said he will tell GB he wants floyd next and that he wamts floyd to come to him (154) so for Sept 14 who makes the most sense. Or is there someone else that will be in that other corner on Sept 14

amir and pac are a waste of time at this point. they need to rebuild. canelo is the obvious choice.
mgrover
Like Prof said it, problem is I think too much damage has been done to Khan and he'll hit the same road blocks again. Pacs hinges if he gets arematch with Marquez and wins
logicalThinker
I dont think Canelo is next becuz hes asking floyd to move up and he said he wont fight him at a catchweight not that i think floyd would its jus hes being too demanding without having a great body of work. I think hes gonna go with kahn he has a good fan base and floyd said he wants to fight in the UK that would be a good one. Theres just not many options for floyd. I also seen an interview where danny garcia said hed move up in a fight or two i think down the line thats a possibility
Dolimite
Khan lost his last fight, Pac has to get by Rios and Saul needs to shut the fuck up and fight Lara/Kirkland shit someone in your weigh class! He should fight who he wants to fight. Financially Saul would make more sense.
Jovi
He can fight Pac, Khan, and Alexander or Bradley for the welterweight titles. Leave Canelo and Sergio for Middle weight.

Canelo would be the biggest fight other than maybe Pacquiao. He should switch weight class with each fight. So Canelo, alexander, Sergio, Khan, Pacquiao. Then retire, definitely try to save pac for last, go out with a bang.
logicalThinker
If i were him i wouldnt fight canelo until he gets some sense, Kahn IMO is a tougher fight than pacquiao becuz hes seen a thousand pacquiaos thats easy money kahn would at least be good boxing match. Pacquiao would be ricky hatton pr2
daprofessor
if i'm the promoter: "khan makes the most sense." (really...the record breaking deal needs to pay dividends. if i can low ball khan...and get his fan base to buy it...$$$$)

if i'm the manager: "khan. the uk is calling!" (low risk...decent reward. plus we need the lions share of tv rights in the uk.)

if i'm the trainer: "khan is going to be tough...but i think my guy can beat him!" (tongue in cheek) (we have to fight 5 times. we'll save the hardest for last. let's collect all this money)

if i'm floyd: "i can't fight all these guys...man! the fans will never be satisfied. i know i say 'all work is easy work' but the troof is...there's no such thing as an easy fight. i just make it look easy. imma rob the bank without a mask."

if i'm a knowledgeable fan: "watching floyd school no hopers bores me. i think i'll take the kids to chuck-E-cheese instead of wasting my money on the next ppv fight and i'll wait for floyd to fight a real opponent."

if i'm a dick riding fan: "maaaaaaaan!!!! floyd is going to knock this punk out!!! who does this fool think he is??? mayweather about to break another ppv record!!! i can't wait! i hope he breaks 2million buys!!!" (my favorite baseball team is the yankees...favorite basketball team the heat and my football team is the patriots. who doesn't like a winner?)

if i offended you...i didn't mean to. laugh.gif

logicalThinker
True cant please everybody family first Kahn is aaking for it let him have it. But if Canelo comes down 147 i think thatll be a good go with a fight night weighr limit of 150
Cshel86
As much as I dont like biscuit-chin Khan, this is the PERFECT time for GBP to punch the card. If Diaz wasn't a safe fight for him, then there ARE NO SAFE FIGHTS left for him, especially if he's talking about moving up to WW.

This fight would sell big time if they held it in the UK, and of course aired it on U.S. television like they always do.
BrutUalBK
Canelo,
Pac is old news and must work his way back into it.
Khan is overrated and has done nothing major to earn it
logicalThinker
Nothing major? Neither has Canelo hes the next media made superstar. Hes the tony romo of his sport
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 8 2013, 07:56 PM) *
if i'm the promoter: "khan makes the most sense." (really...the record breaking deal needs to pay dividends. if i can low ball khan...and get his fan base to buy it...$$$$)

if i'm the manager: "khan. the uk is calling!" (low risk...decent reward. plus we need the lions share of tv rights in the uk.)

if i'm the trainer: "khan is going to be tough...but i think my guy can beat him!" (tongue in cheek) (we have to fight 5 times. we'll save the hardest for last. let's collect all this money)

if i'm floyd: "i can't fight all these guys...man! the fans will never be satisfied. i know i say 'all work is easy work' but the troof is...there's no such thing as an easy fight. i just make it look easy. imma rob the bank without a mask."

if i'm a knowledgeable fan: "watching floyd school no hopers bores me. i think i'll take the kids to chuck-E-cheese instead of wasting my money on the next ppv fight and i'll wait for floyd to fight a real opponent."

if i'm a dick riding fan: "maaaaaaaan!!!! floyd is going to knock this punk out!!! who does this fool think he is??? mayweather about to break another ppv record!!! i can't wait! i hope he breaks 2million buys!!!" (my favorite baseball team is the yankees...favorite basketball team the heat and my football team is the patriots. who doesn't like a winner?)

if i offended you...i didn't mean to. laugh.gif

More like johns incredible pizza co. My girl can go play glow in the dark golf w/ her cousins and I could probably catch the fight for free while stuffing my face at the buffet in the sports room lol

QUOTE (logicalThinker @ May 8 2013, 10:20 PM) *
Nothing major? Neither has Canelo hes the next media made superstar. Hes the tony romo of his sport

Funny stuff!

So does that make guerrero Tim Tebow? Or Andre Ward?
mrchitown
I'd be shocked if Canelo was his next opponent. Khan makes sense from a finacial standpoint but little else, if he was able to avenge one of those losses to either Lamont or Danny then I could see it
Hotsauce
when you think about it, these are floyd biggest money fights
Jovi
Khan even with his losses has versed more credible opponents than Canelo.

He may have no chin, but he does have heart.
neophyte7
QUOTE (Jovi @ May 9 2013, 08:35 AM) *
Khan even with his losses has versed more credible opponents than Canelo.

He may have no chin, but he does have heart.

YEAP... I would rather watch Khan go at it .. atleast he throws punches. Canelo does not work. Khan /Floyd would be exciting yet Khan needs to notch an impressive win . The numbers in the UK would be huge. Floyd is loved in the UK.

Khan needs to realize he has a glass Jaw and fight more cautiously. He has other dimensions that can be solidified and compensate for his weak Jaw. He has heart, fights back when hurt, and has fast hands... He needs to get more cautious like Lennox Lewis became. Work behind the jab constantly and protect that chin. Styles make fights and I see Khan and Mayweather being interesting until Floyd walks him down and chops the body. Floyd is a good hard body puncher.. Guerrero knows ask him. The few right hands to he body Floyd unleaashed on him had him looking like he was on the verge of getting walked down into a stoppage. Khan would be walked down and stopped
Franchize
I'd STILL say Manny. People can say what they want. If Floyd fights Manny, we're going to watch it. Unless Many just gets demolished by Rios, which I can't see happening, he's still going to be a big draw. Manny still will be able to pack a house. There are still Pactards who think Floyd is scared and won't win the fight. I just think it puts so much money in his pocket and credentials on his already extensive resume'. Fuck Canelo. If Floyd fought Canelo, that would be the 2nd time in a row in which he allowed someone with very few notable fights to call shots. I don't know where this gingerbread head motherfucker got the audacity to tell any and everybody what they have to do to fight him but I don't think ANYBODY with an established resume' should oblige his demands. His only impressive win was over Trout...and that was a close fight.
Jovi
Also if Mayweather/Khan happens, then it will be exciting to the casual fan because it will end with floyd by KO.
logicalThinker
Jovi took the words right out my mouth
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 9 2013, 01:23 AM) *
More like johns incredible pizza co. My girl can go play glow in the dark golf w/ her cousins and I could probably catch the fight for free while stuffing my face at the buffet in the sports room lol

Funny stuff!

So does that make guerrero Tim Tebow? Or Andre Ward?

u are the second person to mention this place to me in the last month. i never heard of it. i must be missing out.
daprofessor
if it's khan...i'm skipping it

alexander...catch the replay

bradley...i'm watching

trout...i'm watching

canelo....i'm watching

berto....i'm skipping it

ortiz....i'm skipping it

malignaggi (if he beats broner) i might watch

broner (if he beats malignaggi) i'm definitely watching

quillen...i'm definitely watching

martinez...i'm definitely watching

ggg...i'm definitely watching
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2013, 07:28 PM) *
u are the second person to mention this place to me in the last month. i never heard of it. i must be missing out.

Giant pizza buffet on one side, with a boomers type thing on the other side. And it has huge separate dining rooms with projectors and tvs, ones for sports, one for Disney, and it has other ones too.
KOpower
The new opponent should be named in a few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if someone is named the week after Peterson/Lucas fight. So make your prediction in this thread. Who WILL Floyd fight next and who SHOULD Floyd fight next?

-I think Floyd should fight Canelo next. It is the biggest payday/biggest event out there for Mayweather.

-I think Floyd will fight Amir Khan. I think Floyd wouldn't mind fighting Khan to boost his exposure over in England. Khan also brings more fans to the table than a guy like Danny Garcia or Devon Alexander and that might be important if his May 4th PPV was a flop the way some industry insiders are predicting.
kej718
I think Canelo is next (he can lose to Floyd fight Cotto next year for the titles @ 154 since Floyd doesn’t need them)
next year will probably be the Alexander vs Khan winner followed by the winner of the 140 tournament.
If Bradley contract with top rank is up then he will probably be in the mix too.
Maybe a Cotto rematch if he beats Canelo next year.
Jack 1000
I think it will be Khan in England or Alvarez in the States.

Jack
mrchitown
Either Khan or Garcia
juanpa7550
Devon Alexander beat Lucas Matthysse and Marcos Maidana. He is also at welterweight. so, I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the five final fights.

Canelo Alvarez is the fight people want to see, but I have a feeling he is going to fight Cotto first. people are going to think Floyd is ducking but that's not a bad thing. it will make the fight bigger once it does happen.

Amir Khan can sell out in England. And Floyd is always saying he wants to fight over there, but Floyd wouldn't fight him until he gets a big win at 147. (I think)

Adrian Broner.... maybe for his last fight.

pacquiao already has a fight lined up.

my prediction is..... Devon Alexander sad.gif
upside is he is fast, a southpaw, and knows how to box (unlike the typical Floyd opponents)
Franchize
My head is telling me Devon Alexander. My gut is telling me Canelo or Garcia.

I'm going to go outside the box on this one though. I'm going to say he rematches Cotto. Call it a hunch but I think he's really pissed still about his performance vs Cotto and feels Cotto might have gotten more credit than he'd like for his performance.
Plah
It's going to be either Devon or Khan. I really don't want to see those (especially a fight with Devon).
IF he does fight Canelo then put a rehydration clause in there, maybe up to 160-164.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 9 2013, 11:01 PM) *
-I think Floyd should fight Canelo next. It is the biggest payday/biggest event out there for Mayweather.

Who is Canelo?
Cshel86
I'm not sure who he fights in September, if in fact he does fight in September. I know that he said he was coming back in September...I dont always lean towards what he says. Business is business, and these upcoming WW fights haven't played out yet.

Khan will more than likely fight Devon in December, Garcia is supposed to fight the winner of Peterson/Matthysse in September, but who knows. It's still up in the air at this point. Danny is having a hard time making 140, and I'm willing to bet my last dollar that he'll jump to 47 and take this fight if it's offered.

Most of these 140 lber are gonna be welterweights within a year, so let's not even start crying about Danny ducking anybody at 140. What about Kell Brook in the UK? I say that it's too early to call...maybe he announces his next fight in June.
leonthegee
Shaefer said hes meeting with Haymon to make the fight with Canelo. He said it was his "highest priority." It only makes sense because that means Floyd wont have to carry a PPV by himself, and it gives Showtime more time to build up the 140lbers that plan on moving up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 9 2013, 07:31 PM) *
malignaggi (if he beats broner) i might watch

When Paulie was mentioned for Floyd in 2009, I threw up. IF he beats Broner, then that's his big ticket to a Mayweather fight, and I WONT talk down on either guy for making this fight.

BigDDatHomey
Canelo...Floyd.beats him easily...
Garcia....Garcia loses by KO
Then maybe Khan....Khan gets KOd
Then PAC....Pac loses by TKO
Then Broner...UD..win and pass the torch.

Canelo is big...but does it really matter? Floyd beats the brakes off Canelo. He can hydrate to whatever...he has no advantage just cuz he's bigger...."this is Chess not checkers."

The big question is....who is out there that can give Floyd a run for his money? If Floyd fights Canelo in 6 mos...Floyd is going to look like his last fight. Canelo is not going to get what he needs to win in the next 6 mos. He gets whooped.

Garcia has no chance whatsoever. Garcia doesn't win if Floyd breaks both hands.

Khan is quick...but he's going to get caught jumping in and on the ground.he goes

Pac is the same as Marquez....too small...no reach...and not enough skill. Floyd fights in the pocket and bullies Manny

Broner can hang but gets outboxed.....

jtiizzle
floyd vs canelo the fix is in thats suliman/oscars boy and future cash cow

i have a feeling it's going to be khan, say what you want about khan but the length, volume , no chin, and handspeed would make a entertaining fight. At this point who is really competition for floyd? No one so it's all about selling tickets and having entertaining fights at this point
juanpa7550
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 9 2013, 02:33 AM) *
I'd be shocked if Canelo was his next opponent. Khan makes sense from a finacial standpoint but little else, if he was able to avenge one of those losses to either Lamont or Danny then I could see it

I would like to see Floyd vs Khan if khan beats Alexander
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ May 10 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Canelo...Floyd.beats him easily...
Garcia....Garcia loses by KO
Then maybe Khan....Khan gets KOd
Then PAC....Pac loses by TKO
Then Broner...UD..win and pass the torch.

Canelo is big...but does it really matter? Floyd beats the brakes off Canelo. He can hydrate to whatever...he has no advantage just cuz he's bigger...."this is Chess not checkers."

The big question is....who is out there that can give Floyd a run for his money? If Floyd fights Canelo in 6 mos...Floyd is going to look like his last fight. Canelo is not going to get what he needs to win in the next 6 mos. He gets whooped.

Garcia has no chance whatsoever. Garcia doesn't win if Floyd breaks both hands.

Khan is quick...but he's going to get caught jumping in and on the ground.he goes

Pac is the same as Marquez....too small...no reach...and not enough skill. Floyd fights in the pocket and bullies Manny

Broner can hang but gets outboxed.....

i agree floyd ko's khan and pac...but i think garcia goes the distance. he doesn't look like anything special...but he's doing a lot of things right.
Franchize
I think Canelo is the biggest threat to Floyd. Let's face it, he's fast, he hits hard, and he's WAY bigger than Floyd. That alone says it will be a tough fight. Add to that, he's improved skill wise over the years and he can take a punch so far.

I USED to think Khan could give Floyd problems. Not any more. As I said before, Floyd is like a master computer hacker and Khan's already given everyone his password.

I think Danny Garcia would get KO'd. He'd literally only had a puncher's chance. Unless he gets lucky with a wild hook, I can't see him doing anything tactful to beat Floyd.

I STILL would like to see Pacquiao and Floyd fight. I think Floyd would box him to a very lopsided decision. I honestly think it would be one of those fights, like with Marquez, where the corner might stop it.

AS far as Broner, I don't see that fight ever happening. I'm not even going to entertain the idea.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 10 2013, 07:40 AM) *
Who is Canelo?

The guy who is suppose to beat everyone from 135-147. The next Oscar De La Hoya!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2013, 03:33 PM) *
I think Canelo is the biggest threat to Floyd. Let's face it, he's fast, he hits hard, and he's WAY bigger than Floyd. That alone says it will be a tough fight. Add to that, he's improved skill wise over the years and he can take a punch so far.

I USED to think Khan could give Floyd problems. Not any more. As I said before, Floyd is like a master computer hacker and Khan's already given everyone his password.

I think Danny Garcia would get KO'd. He'd literally only had a puncher's chance. Unless he gets lucky with a wild hook, I can't see him doing anything tactful to beat Floyd.

I STILL would like to see Pacquiao and Floyd fight. I think Floyd would box him to a very lopsided decision. I honestly think it would be one of those fights, like with Marquez, where the corner might stop it.

AS far as Broner, I don't see that fight ever happening. I'm not even going to entertain the idea.

Beautiful analogy
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 10 2013, 11:24 AM) *
Shaefer said hes meeting with Haymon to make the fight with Canelo. He said it was his "highest priority." It only makes sense because that means Floyd wont have to carry a PPV by himself, and it gives Showtime more time to build up the 140lbers that plan on moving up.

this moment reminds me of when cotto beat mosley....and floyd beat hatton. it made all the sense in the world for floyd to fight cotto at that point. it was the perfect build up to that fight and it never happened. that was 2007.

fast forward to 2013...present day...

canelo fights on his own show separate from floyd and takes on a tough challenge in austin trout. whether you thought he won or loss is irrelevant. the overwhelming majority believe he won that fight and earned a shot at floyd.

don't fool yourselves. floyd is not fighting canelo next if ever. if floyd fights canelo next....where does he go from there? canelo is the biggest name out there for him. it makes no sense for him to fight canelo now.
mgrover
Canelo - UD That weight advantage may lead to something. People talk about rehydration clauses, well when Pac supposedly used it, it was shunned, but now people call for it to make this fight?

Garcia - UD He may land clean, he may even KD Mayweather, but the amount of times Judah hit him well, we'll see. I'd be curious at what his dad would say to Mayweather or would be respectful?

Khan - maybe gets KOed but Mayweather will be defensive, so we'll see how he does, he doesn't over commit to punches like the people that catch Khan out, no swinging.

Pac - UD he'll clearly be careful because this fight will be who gets that left/right hand landed, so Mayweather won't over commit, but he doesn't really throw an overhand right, its a straight.

Broner - Gets hit to easily, UD Mayweather, hell he may even stop him depending how he takes a punch at 147lb.

Cotto - Maybe, but after Cotto not looking so great vs Trout I don't think so unless he gets some sort of decent win and soon. It'll be a one sided affair is Cotto joins Roach. If he sticks with his current coach I think he can do well again. UD

Alexander - Tactical as fuck and the crowd will boo, unless Floyd stops him or something. UD Floyd.

I mean Floyd seems to be constantly going for the KO, not like swinging but trying to set it up, but his hands seem to get in the way, anybody know if hes still shooting his hands up? I take it if hes feeling pain them thats a no.

checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 10 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Canelo - UD That weight advantage may lead to something. People talk about rehydration clauses, well when Pac supposedly used it, it was shunned, but now people call for it to make this fight?

Garcia - UD He may land clean, he may even KD Mayweather, but the amount of times Judah hit him well, we'll see. I'd be curious at what his dad would say to Mayweather or would be respectful?

Khan - maybe gets KOed but Mayweather will be defensive, so we'll see how he does, he doesn't over commit to punches like the people that catch Khan out, no swinging.

Pac - UD he'll clearly be careful because this fight will be who gets that left/right hand landed, so Mayweather won't over commit, but he doesn't really throw an overhand right, its a straight.

Broner - Gets hit to easily, UD Mayweather, hell he may even stop him depending how he takes a punch at 147lb.

Cotto - Maybe, but after Cotto not looking so great vs Trout I don't think so unless he gets some sort of decent win and soon. It'll be a one sided affair is Cotto joins Roach. If he sticks with his current coach I think he can do well again. UD

Alexander - Tactical as fuck and the crowd will boo, unless Floyd stops him or something. UD Floyd.

I mean Floyd seems to be constantly going for the KO, not like swinging but trying to set it up, but his hands seem to get in the way, anybody know if hes still shooting his hands up? I take it if hes feeling pain them thats a no.

He really does sometimes. I thought guerrero was done in the 8th, those straights to the body and shots upstairs had him backing up and he was not taking them well.
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 10 2013, 02:33 PM) *

quote]

I believe he is the biggest threat....yes...boxing...it only takes 1 punch but Canelo won't land it. Canelo gets tired too. Floyds defense will wear the young Canelo down....so will laser right hands and counter punches.....footwork...Canelo has gotten better...but there's nothing he can in 6 mos. to take it to "The Pinnacle".
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 10 2013, 04:32 PM) *

Sup?

You had UD for Canelo and UD for Garcia. Are you saying both beat Floyd by UD? Or Floyd beats them by UD? I only see Canelo as a possible threat because of the weight and the strong Mexican Latin American fan base that COULD cause a SD loss for Floyd on the cards if this is close. The WBC really is looking along with Golden Boy for the next Mexican star. The thing is Floyd may be too good to allow most of these rounds to be close anyway. Floyd's already the biggest cash cow in boxing today, so why ruin that?

Jack
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 10 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Sup?

You had UD for Canelo and UD for Garcia. Are you saying both beat Floyd by UD? Or Floyd beats them by UD? I only see Canelo as a possible threat because of the weight and the strong Mexican Latin American fan base that COULD cause a SD loss for Floyd on the cards if this is close. The WBC really is looking along with Golden Boy for the next Mexican star. The thing is Floyd may be too good to allow most of these rounds to be close anyway. Floyd's already the biggest cash cow in boxing today, so why ruin that?

Jack

Think he's saying Floyd wins by UD. I don't think any of it matters...a win for Floyd will be clear...plain as day. No SD loss, that Mayweather wins. The first 3 rds may be close...after that its over. I do agree though, out of all the.fighters...Canelo is the.biggest threat....but to me that's still an easy fight for Floyd.
KOpower
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 10 2013, 11:26 AM) *
When Paulie was mentioned for Floyd in 2009, I threw up. IF he beats Broner, then that's his big ticket to a Mayweather fight, and I WONT talk down on either guy for making this fight.

You have to be joking. Mayweather vs Paulie would be one giant joke. It would be so terrible that I almost want it to happen now. That is what I am pulling for if no Canelo. Give me Mayweather vs Malignaggi.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 10 2013, 11:21 PM) *
You have to be joking. Mayweather vs Paulie would be one giant joke. It would be so terrible that I almost want it to happen now. That is what I am pulling for if no Canelo. Give me Mayweather vs Malignaggi.

If this is your idea of a joke, then spare us all the agony.

Thanks
mgrover
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 11 2013, 01:16 AM) *
Sup?

Jack

Oh there all for Floyd should of made that clear
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.