Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bhop vs tarver 2?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor

got any excuses tonite bhop? laugh.gif

they need to bring him back to showtime!!!
Jack 1000
Not me,

I've grown tired of Hopkins. Let him rid off into the sunset with his great accomplishments in boxing. There's nothing left for him to do or prove, and Bernard's fights are usually boring now.

Jack
neophyte7
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 10 2013, 05:41 PM) *
No I was stating that Tarver could of been on PEDs

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 09:36 PM) *

I like Tarver and he makes some good points. He and BHOP rematch would be pretty intriguing. Tarver can still fight
mgrover
He thinks he cab make light heavy? The steroid that he was caught with was a cutting agent. I still don't see why after both results came back positive it seems he receives nothing but a slap on the wrist. If it was Hopkins getting caught on anything you know there would be a massive outcry
mrchitown
I wouldn't want to see that fight again....Hopkins thoroughly dominated that fight. Tarver should focus on repairing his image and Hopkins should beat a couple of more young pups and hang'em up
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 10 2013, 08:36 PM) *

As much as I'd like to see BHop school him again I don't see any different outcome, Tarver will have to use some type of PEDS again in order to beat Hopkins. Making all the excuses about the way he trained and whatnot is pure garbage and saying that he weighed 233 or 237 whatever is just a flat out lie (even his Trainer admitted he was only 217-his normal walk around weight prior to training for the fight with Nard).

Another easy win for Hopkins and hopefully Antonio sticks to his word and retires.
Cshel86
Is that....Tarver??? I thought he fell off the face of the Earth.
anthonyaccurate
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 11 2013, 09:48 AM) *
As much as I'd like to see BHop school him again I don't see any different outcome, Tarver will have to use some type of PEDS again in order to beat Hopkins. Making all the excuses about the way he trained and whatnot is pure garbage and saying that he weighed 233 or 237 whatever is just a flat out lie (even his Trainer admitted he was only 217-his normal walk around weight prior to training for the fight with Nard).

Another easy win for Hopkins and hopefully Antonio sticks to his word and retires.

If anything, his weight excuses make me question his intelligence, "yo, I'm about to fight bernard hopkins, let me do a movie and gain mad weight". If he lost due to poor preparation, THATS HIS FUCKING FAULT. The shit was not competitive, why the fuck is he invoking JMM and Pac? How many years has it been, milkdud? He's obviously living in the past...and why fuck is he moving his head like that while he's talking, Tarver is a fucking nut (philly definition)....
neophyte7
QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ May 12 2013, 01:23 AM) *
and why fuck is he moving his head like that while he's talking

I was listening to him and watching and was like Tarver may be back on the crack
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 12 2013, 07:46 AM) *
I was listening to him and watching and was like Tarver may be back on the crack

He must be; talking about he wants a rematch with Hopkins and that wasn't the real Antonio Tarver that night. WTF he been smoking? All that's gonna happen is he'll get a big paycheck for getting beaten easily again further proving that BHop is the better fighter.
Franchize
thumbsdown_anim.gif

No thank you. The 1st fight was about as competitive as Mayweather vs Guerrero. Tarver got schooled. I don't think he can make light heavy. Last but not least, he got exposed as a cheater. I like him way better as a commentator. Hang em up Tone.
neophyte7
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 12 2013, 07:13 PM) *
He must be; talking about he wants a rematch with Hopkins and that wasn't the real Antonio Tarver that night. WTF he been smoking? All that's gonna happen is he'll get a big paycheck for getting beaten easily again further proving that BHop is the better fighter.

good.gif

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 12 2013, 09:58 PM) *
thumbsdown_anim.gif

No thank you. The 1st fight was about as competitive as Mayweather vs Guerrero. Tarver got schooled. I don't think he can make light heavy. Last but not least, he got exposed as a cheater. I like him way better as a commentator. Hang em up Tone.

"Hand em up Tone" LMAO
daprofessor
tarver will NEVER be forgiven for ktfo'ing rjj. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 13 2013, 07:05 PM) *

Damn straight...he didn't have to do that. When he KO'd Roy I felt like my prom date stood me up, I was emotional laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 14 2013, 12:34 AM) *
Damn straight...he didn't have to do that. When he KO'd Roy I felt like my prom date stood me up, I was emotional laugh.gif

i know grown ass dudes that cried. laugh.gif i picked tarver to win the rematch...but i didn't expect the ko.

i was more sad when mike tyson got ktfo'd by buster douglas. i remember feeling sorry for douglas before the fight when they showed his story. his moms died. his pops turned his back on him. everyone was counting him out....and i was like damn! and now he's going to get ktfo'd by tyson. then he won and i was truly sad watching tyson crawl on the canvas trying to put his mouth piece back in. then that sadness turned to happiness when i realized douglas had just over come all that hardship to beat the baddest man on the planet!!! it was a crazy moment that i will never forget. there hasn't been a sport moment witnessed on television that took me through those emotions like that since. maybe the only one to out do that was ali lighting the olympic flame in atlanta. that one was pretty emotional too.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 13 2013, 08:05 PM) *

NEVER. (straight faced)
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 13 2013, 08:05 PM) *

NEVER. (straight faced)
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 14 2013, 04:08 PM) *
NEVER. (straight faced)

so serious...u had to say it twice? unsure.gif
BrutUalBK
Admittedly I've never been a fan of Tarver but it certainly had nothing to do with the RJJ KO and I thought he did me a favor in that one because at that time Floridians (my boy in particular) was jockriding on Roy's so called skills so hard that I couldn't convince him how many flaws had and that he would start getting caught once he reflexes were gone.

The same today as how I can't seem to convince Canelo fans of his flaws and how easily Floyd will exploit them if/when they fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 02:25 PM) *
i know grown ass dudes that cried. laugh.gif i picked tarver to win the rematch...but i didn't expect the ko.

i was more sad when mike tyson got ktfo'd by buster douglas. i remember feeling sorry for douglas before the fight when they showed his story. his moms died. his pops turned his back on him. everyone was counting him out....and i was like damn! and now he's going to get ktfo'd by tyson. then he won and i was truly sad watching tyson crawl on the canvas trying to put his mouth piece back in. then that sadness turned to happiness when i realized douglas had just over come all that hardship to beat the baddest man on the planet!!! it was a crazy moment that i will never forget. there hasn't been a sport moment witnessed on television that took me through those emotions like that since. maybe the only one to out do that was ali lighting the olympic flame in atlanta. that one was pretty emotional too.

I didn't cry but the shock was too much for me, I felt like I was a t a funeral and I didn't want to let go of what was lmao

I am a huge Tyson fan and that shit hurt me to the core, I didn't cry then but I do remember beating the shit out of a kid in my class for making fun of me for being a Tyson fan, I felt like that was revenge for Mike lol.....my boys laugh at me because they say I give legitimate excuses for Tyson's losses but I don't call them excuses I call them facts lol
sduck
I'd watch it.
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 15 2013, 12:36 AM) *
I didn't cry but the shock was too much for me, I felt like I was a t a funeral and I didn't want to let go of what was lmao

I am a huge Tyson fan and that shit hurt me to the core, I didn't cry then but I do remember beating the shit out of a kid in my class for making fun of me for being a Tyson fan, I felt like that was revenge for Mike lol.....my boys laugh at me because they say I give legitimate excuses for Tyson's losses but I don't call them excuses I call them facts lol

That still remains some of the worst corner work I've ever seen in my life. If I remember correctly, they were trying to get his swelling down with what looked like a used condom full of cold water.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 15 2013, 12:36 AM) *

laugh.gif sounds like someone i know. unsure.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 15 2013, 01:43 PM) *
That still remains some of the worst corner work I've ever seen in my life. If I remember correctly, they were trying to get his swelling down with what looked like a used condom full of cold water.

that was aaron snowell. he also led another fighter to his demise...tim austin. sad.gif

how that guy talked his way into the corners of them two great fighters i will never know. smh.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 15 2013, 01:56 PM) *
laugh.gif sounds like someone i know. unsure.gif

No matter what Tyson did or went thru I stayed a fan 100%. He made a mistake by leaving Rooney. I'm not trying to be a nuthugger but Tyson with Rooney in his corner was damn near unbeatable

Do you know who Steve Lott is? He worked with Mike when Cus had him and for a time when Rooney had him I believe, he did a interview recently and shared his thoughts on Mike's career. I found it interesting
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 15 2013, 12:43 PM) *

I definitely agree, that guy who cornered the fight for Mike should've had his trainer privileges stripped away. Even people who were casual fans at that time knew something was off in the way they dealt with the swelling.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 15 2013, 01:57 PM) *
that was aaron snowell. he also led another fighter to his demise...tim austin. sad.gif

how that guy talked his way into the corners of them two great fighters i will never know. smh.

That bastard Don King
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 15 2013, 11:17 PM) *
That bastard Don King

only in america
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.