Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broner vs Pac man
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JJohnson
If (more like when) Broner beats Paulie convincingly and Pac man beats Rios then i would love to see Broner vs Pac man. WHy? Because i want to see if Broner really has the goods and it will allow us to see what Manny has left in the Tank. Broner hasnt really fought any really truly tough competition IMO. Plus if Pac man wins that will bring more focus to the Mayweather fight. If Broner wins then the media might start hyping Mayweather vs Broner. Doubt they would fight but what if Floyd vs Broner for his farewell fight took place?

None of this is ever going to happen but i got excited thinking about it. Thoughts?
Col Reb
If Manny ever gets out of his Top Rank deal, then sure. Otherwise it's just speculation.
Jovi
Broner vs Pacman would be more exciting than Mayweather/Pacman just because Broner doesn't stick and move as much and will stand toe-2-toe with Pacquiao. Now is that a good idea on Broner's part? it can go either way, he could show up and become a Superstar going toe-2-toe with Manny Pacquiao and maybe knocking him out, or Pac could overwhelm Broner with his speed and power. For me this fight is up in the air just because I'm not really sure what Broner is capable of against a champion to Pacquiao's caliber, but it would be an awesome fight most def. It could go either way in my eyes. Rumble

Not to say Mayweather/Pacman wont be exciting, but mayweather will dominate and make Pacquiao look like Guerrero did.
checkleft
QUOTE (JJohnson @ May 13 2013, 12:17 AM) *
If (more like when) Broner beats Paulie convincingly and Pac man beats Rios then i would love to see Broner vs Pac man. WHy? Because i want to see if Broner really has the goods and it will allow us to see what Manny has left in the Tank. Broner hasnt really fought any really truly tough competition IMO. Plus if Pac man wins that will bring more focus to the Mayweather fight. If Broner wins then the media might start hyping Mayweather vs Broner. Doubt they would fight but what if Floyd vs Broner for his farewell fight took place?

None of this is ever going to happen but i got excited thinking about it. Thoughts?

Demarco is pretty tough. De Leon too

But pac would rock his world, rumors going around that broner is getting worked in sparring not just by that one dude but there is a new one that lamont Peterson dropped him hard. Lamont can bang but he's no pac and broner gets hit too much
mrwigi
Big fan of Broner, not so much Pac, but IMO, pac would probably put Broner on his ass. People like to compare Broner to Floyd, but Floyd doesnt get hit like broner does.
Get0ffdanutzz
Come on guys- You can fantasize all you want, but this isn't a fantasy website.

GBP and TR will not do business until Arum dies.

Gotta focus discussion on realistic fights.
BrutUalBK
Broner will beat PM easily I believe and it should get him in the picture to line up good opponents (at least better than what he has been facing) but Pac is totally out of the picture although it would be a good scrap/test for Adrien and a fight that could show us what Manny has left after beating an all too easy/way too easy to hit Rios.

Yes, it's all fantasy and speculation but I'd love to see this scrap though I don't figure it'll give us any indication of what Floyd vs Pac would look like.
jtiizzle
Broner is flat footed and would get beat up by Pacquaio. Too much hand speed, would never happen but a exciting fight for fantasy purposes. Broner has not shown movement in his fights and has a very wide stance which is a recipe for disaster when fighting a guy with the volume of Pacquaio.
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 15 2013, 03:41 AM) *
Broner is flat footed and would get beat up by Pacquaio. Too much hand speed, would never happen but a exciting fight for fantasy purposes. Broner has not shown movement in his fights and has a very wide stance which is a recipe for disaster when fighting a guy with the volume of Pacquaio.

You may be onto something here.

Oh yeah, welcome!
Jovi
You guys really think this fight has no chance of happening? I think Pac has a better chance of landing Broner than Mayweather. Pac beating up Broner would be the closest we would ever get for Mayweather, i can see them selling it since its Pacquiao vs Mayweather jr. Pactards will go wild after this. Broner will have to take the terms of Pacquiao but if he's really confident then that he could do it then why not.

Idk about better chance than Mayweather, but if Pacquiao vs Broner is a fantasy fight then so is Pacquiao vs Mayweather.
mgrover
I don't think Pac will be around for much longer, he'll most likely retire still under contract with Top Rank.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.