Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: guerrero gun charge dismissed...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
daprofessor
story here...
daprofessor
let me beat everyone to the punch...

yes, had it been mayweather, he would have been locked up by now.

yes...the laws in our country are not applied equally...

and yes....it's fucked up.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 04:13 PM) *

You forgot, "now, that, that is over with...."
mitukczuk
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 03:13 PM) *

Amen to that....
aTYpicalTYrant
Where ALL men are created equal......
mgrover
While its always a double standard, it seems like a stupid law either way.
neophyte7
He is a Mexican descendant and the United States Government is cozying up to Mexico for economic reasons and there is immigration deal in the works. Mexicans are a hot commodity in America
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 14 2013, 08:14 PM) *
He is a Mexican descendant and the United States Government is cozying up to Mexico for economic reasons and there is immigration deal in the works. Mexicans are a hot commodity in America

i think if he was a regular mexican...one that's darker skin(like his pops)...doesn't own a gun legally...and doesn't get invited to be on shows like the 800 club...he'd be in jail right now.
neophyte7
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 14 2013, 09:02 PM) *
i think if he was a regular mexican...one that's darker skin(like his pops)...doesn't own a gun legally...and doesn't get invited to be on shows like the 800 club...he'd be in jail right now.

yeap cool.gif
Franchize
I HATE to play the race card, but if he was black...he'd get AT LEAST a year. No doubt about it. I've had cousins and friends in NY get knocked for the same thing.
mrchitown
Plaxico get thrown in jail and this no named over rated fighter gets a pass...I hate to bring race into it but this sends a message. More known and people with more money to get out of the situation then Guerrero went to jail for Years and his shit gets dismissed. This is some bullshit
sduck
He has money now, and is now a star. He may not have been locked up, but he was still fined $250 and ordered to complete 50 hours of community service.
Franchize
QUOTE (sduck @ May 15 2013, 01:33 PM) *
He has money now, and is now a star. He may not have been locked up, but he was still fined $250 and ordered to complete 50 hours of community service.

Sarcasm?

The minimum sentence is supposed to be a year and a day.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 14 2013, 11:15 PM) *
I HATE to play the race card, but if he was black...he'd get AT LEAST a year. No doubt about it. I've had cousins and friends in NY get knocked for the same thing.

is that playing the race card? i think it's more like stating the obvious.
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ May 15 2013, 12:33 PM) *

laugh.gif
sduck
I'm just stating the facts.
Cshel86
Well, at least he didn't blow his biggest payday.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 15 2013, 02:07 AM) *
Plaxico get thrown in jail and this no named over rated fighter gets a pass...I hate to bring race into it but this sends a message. More known and people with more money to get out of the situation then Guerrero went to jail for Years and his shit gets dismissed. This is some bullshit

I'm with you all the way. But let's not act like Plaxico's gun didn't go off in a club..... It's not necessarily the same. Guerrero should have received more than a slap on the wrist if we're playing fare though. But you know how that is......

Now he's got another story to sell other than his wife beating cancer. Beating a gun charge in the state of NY is one hell of an accomplishment.
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ May 15 2013, 01:01 PM) *
I'm just stating the facts.

I don't know if your being sarcastic or not but Guerrero is nowhere near being a star. He was an unknown before and he's an unknown now. Scheafer, his own damn promoter spoke of how he didn't connect with fans..If Guerrero is a star then I'm a fuckin Icon lol..his legacy is going to be the big eared dude who talked his way into a Mayweather fight and got whipped
mrchitown
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 15 2013, 10:35 PM) *
I'm with you all the way. But let's not act like Plaxico's gun didn't go off in a club..... It's not necessarily the same. Guerrero should have received more than a slap on the wrist if we're playing fare though. But you know how that is......

Now he's got another story to sell other than his wife beating cancer. Beating a gun charge in the state of NY is one hell of an accomplishment.

You aint lying that's like going into the pits of hell and coming out unscathed. I think it's some biased involved on a case by case basis, but I don't wish jail on nobody. That shit is for the birds
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 14 2013, 10:07 PM) *

Plaxico and Lil Wayne did time while Guerrero gets a wink and a nod. Well I guess the NYC police thought after the ass whooping he took from may he needed a break. I know why those two men went to jail, being rich and black in America will get you a strike. Remember Floyd did 2 months in jail with no real concrete evidence over something that happen two years ago. By the way rumor has it that he is still smashing his ex...I guess Ms. Jackson doesn't like to sweat. The justice system isn't kind to us. This is no surprise. I am glad that Guerrero's wife does not have to take care of her kids alone especially with her condition.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Plaxico and Lil Wayne did time while Guerrero gets a wink and a nod. Well I guess the NYC police thought after the ass whooping he took from may he needed a break. I know why those two men went to jail, being rich and black in America will get you a strike. Remember Floyd did 2 months in jail with no real concrete evidence over something that happen two years ago. By the way rumor has it that he is still smashing his ex...I guess Ms. Jackson doesn't like to sweat. The justice system isn't kind to us. This is no surprise. I am glad that Guerrero's wife does not have to take care of her kids alone especially with her condition.

The Wayne situation is comparable while the Plaxico's one is not..... Plaxico's dumb ass wouldn't have even been caught up had it not gone off. Sweatpants and a gun don't mix. The weight distribution is a bitch.
mrchitown
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 16 2013, 08:30 AM) *
The Wayne situation is comparable while the Plaxico's one is not..... Plaxico's dumb ass wouldn't have even been caught up had it not gone off. Sweatpants and a gun don't mix. The weight distribution is a bitch.

I disagree but to each their own, in NY a gun is a gun and they give serious time for that shit which is why I brought up Plaxico in the first place. Guerrero is known only in pockets in Cali and he beat a gun charge trying to take the shit through an NY airport. Plaxico had just brought a chip to the city. Whether the gun went off or not, he still had it and like I said in NY they DGAF. Plaxico, Wayne, Ja, and Prodigy...it's a pattern here and that's where the comparison is
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 07:42 AM) *

Finally someone gets it

You had Ja, Prodigy, Wayne, and Plaxico do time and all have more money and more celebrity then this dude. I don't know the details surrounded the charges being dropped but Robert is one lucky bastard.
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 15 2013, 11:35 PM) *

he's (plaxico) in a business with a concealed weapon that accidentally discharges. that's a few charges right there.

guerrero's was in a lock box....in luggage....and he let them know it was there. not exactly concealed...and it didn't go off.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 03:06 PM) *
he's (plaxico) in a business with a concealed weapon that accidentally discharges. that's a few charges right there.

guerrero's was in a lock box....in luggage....and he let them know it was there. not exactly concealed...and it didn't go off.

That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm not denying that I seldom see African-Americans catch a break. But it's no secret the Law only applies to us.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 08:42 AM) *

lil' wayne should have gone to prison a long time ago for being a whack emcee. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 16 2013, 03:40 PM) *
That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm not denying that I seldom see African-Americans catch a break. But it's no secret the Law only applies to us.

didn't lil' wayne have assault rifles in his tour bus and a bunch of weed or some shit like that? again...that isn't the same thing. laugh.gif

i don't know the situation with jarule and prodigy...but i see a pattern here....wayne, jarule, prodigy....whack emcees. i would have charged them too! laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 01:46 PM) *
lil' wayne should have gone to prison a long time ago for being a whack emcee. laugh.gif

Well if that is the case then he isn't the only one I would list them all but shit I don't have that kind of time but shit I will give you a few:

1. Wayne
2. Drake (sensitive rappers died with PM DAWN)
3. 2 Chainz
4. Future
5. Rick Ross
6. Machine Gun Kelly
7. Nikkie Swallow Manij
8. Kayne (after he sold his soul)
9. Cashout King
10. Wacka Flocca
11. Guccie Mane (get plastic surgery!) Ugly MF!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 08:05 PM) *
Well if that is the case then he isn't the only one I would list them all but shit I don't have that kind of time but shit I will give you a few:

1. Wayne
2. Drake (sensitive rappers died with PM DAWN)
3. 2 Chainz
4. Future
5. Rick Ross
6. Machine Gun Kelly
7. Nikkie Swallow Manij
8. Kayne (after he sold his soul)
9. Cashout King
10. Wacka Flocca
11. Guccie Mane (get plastic surgery!) Ugly MF!

u will get zero arguments from me on this list. laugh.gif i can proudly say that i don't know any of these whack fools music. kanye did sell his soul though. sad.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 05:38 PM) *
u will get zero arguments from me on this list. laugh.gif i can proudly say that i don't know any of these whack fools music. kanye did sell his soul though. sad.gif

Professor the only reason why I heard of these lameos is because I work with teenage boys. I coach track at the local YMCA and Boys and Girls club in Long Beach. I want to freakin shoot myself at times but they love it. They actually said that if Biggie and Pac were alive Lil Wayne would eat them alive in a battle rap. I laughed and played one of my favorite Biggie songs and just said "If Wayne had the lyrical flow and delivery of Biggie or Pac then he wouldn't had to sell his soul." They hushed it up.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 09:27 PM) *
Professor the only reason why I heard of these lameos is because I work with teenage boys. I coach track at the local YMCA and Boys and Girls club in Long Beach. I want to freakin shoot myself at times but they love it. They actually said that if Biggie and Pac were alive Lil Wayne would eat them alive in a battle rap. I laughed and played one of my favorite Biggie songs and just said "If Wayne had the lyrical flow and delivery of Biggie or Pac then he wouldn't had to sell his soul." They hushed it up.

laugh.gif i already know. everyone in the gym listens to that shit too. i had a banned music list for a while. they don't know what they don't know i guess.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 03:50 PM) *
didn't lil' wayne have assault rifles in his tour bus and a bunch of weed or some shit like that? again...that isn't the same thing. laugh.gif

i don't know the situation with jarule and prodigy...but i see a pattern here....wayne, jarule, prodigy....whack emcees. i would have charged them too! laugh.gif

Stop it, wasn't no assault weapons no where on that bus it was one little gun and it wasn't his. They nabbed him because who he is

You need to be beaten calling Prodigy wack, Mobb Deep is legends in hip hop....as if Guerrero is some great in boxing. At least they were at the top of what they did, he talked his way into an ass whopping David Haye style, that's his legacy lol
neophyte7
DRAKE, WAYNE., GUCCI MANE ETC.. FUCK ALL THOSE FAGGOTS--FUCK HIP HOP-- IT is a cespool of filth and ignorance. If it aint Chuck D fuck the sub culture savage music... Nikki Minaj? shoot that ho in the head and save our daughters from being whores at 6 years of age.. .. LIKE NAS SAID "HIP HOP IS DEAD"
Dolimite
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 17 2013, 05:20 AM) *
DRAKE, WAYNE., GUCCI MANE ETC.. FUCK ALL THOSE FAGGOTS--FUCK HIP HOP-- IT is a cespool of filth and ignorance. If it aint Chuck D fuck the sub culture savage music... Nikki Minaj? shoot that ho in the head and save our daughters from being whores at 6 years of age.. .. LIKE NAS SAID "HIP HOP IS DEAD"

Bro you are a little late on that one. My neighbors daughter had a kid in the 8th grade. And the Kardashian sluts also poison the minds of our daughters. Most rappers now are gay, I am serious about that.
neophyte7
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 08:24 AM) *
Bro you are a little late on that one. My neighbors daughter had a kid in the 8th grade. And the Kardashian sluts also poison the minds of our daughters. Most rappers now are gay, I am serious about that.

rtfm.gif I know it is going down as you put it... I hear you, been a social worker for 20 years and some of the shit I have seen and could tell you working amongst the masses of dumbed down and uncivilized savages--- I have to laugh to keep from crying.. I go get foster kids on the weekends and do rehabilitative work in the community.. (Black and Latino) a great deal of these kids are all fucked up...brain dead without any critical thinking skills or optimal cognitive awareness of anything outside of the television or game APP, or social network.
Dolimite
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 17 2013, 07:00 AM) *
rtfm.gif I know it is going down as you put it... I hear you, been a social worker for 20 years and some of the shit I have seen and could tell you working amongst the masses of dumbed down and uncivilized savages--- I have to laugh to keep from crying.. I go get foster kids on the weekends and do rehabilitative work in the community.. (Black and Latino) a great deal of these kids are all fucked up...brain dead without any critical thinking skills or optimal cognitive awareness of anything outside of the television or game APP, or social network.

Dude God bless you. Seriously. The crazy thing is they blame teachers for all this shit. Kids minds are being polluted and I believe on purpose. Why have a generation that can think, that is how revolutions happen. Shit is crazy, like Tupac said "There ain't no hope for our youth but the truth is there ain't no hope for our future and they wonder why we crazy..."
neophyte7
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 09:18 PM) *
Dude God bless you. Seriously. The crazy thing is they blame teachers for all this shit. Kids minds are being polluted and I believe on purpose. Why have a generation that can think, that is how revolutions happen. Shit is crazy, like Tupac said "There ain't no hope for our youth but the truth is there ain't no hope for our future and they wonder why we crazy..."

good.gif
sduck
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 15 2013, 11:25 PM) *
I don't know if your being sarcastic or not but Guerrero is nowhere near being a star. He was an unknown before and he's an unknown now. Scheafer, his own damn promoter spoke of how he didn't connect with fans..If Guerrero is a star then I'm a fuckin Icon lol..his legacy is going to be the big eared dude who talked his way into a Mayweather fight and got whipped

That enough makes him some sort of star, like Victor Ortiz. He's known for going in the ring with Floyd Mayweather, the highest paid athlete, if that don't make you some sort of star, then what does?

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 16 2013, 01:37 PM) *
Finally someone gets it

You had Ja, Prodigy, Wayne, and Plaxico do time and all have more money and more celebrity then this dude. I don't know the details surrounded the charges being dropped but Robert is one lucky bastard.

Didn't some of those guys have felonies, or did stupid things in the process? Robert was legally carrying a firearm till he got to a different state. It was viewed more like a mistake of law, than an insult to the law.
mrchitown
QUOTE (sduck @ May 18 2013, 10:00 AM) *
That enough makes him some sort of star, like Victor Ortiz. He's known for going in the ring with Floyd Mayweather, the highest paid athlete, if that don't make you some sort of star, then what does?

Didn't some of those guys have felonies, or did stupid things in the process? Robert was legally carrying a firearm till he got to a different state. It was viewed more like a mistake of law, than an insult to the law.

I see your point, Ortiz had something to work with before the Mayweather fight though...he's bat shit crazy but he had a solid following before the fight with Floyd, and now he's making it work for him...Guerrero has a fan base of a family reunion, but GB seems to be keeping him out there even after the loss. I saw something where there's going to be a Robert Guerrero appreciation day in Cali, that's a good look

No felonies for any of them. Arrests yes but not felonies. NY is NY though which is why this baffles me that his charges got dropped but I don't want to hear or see anyone going to jail. Jail is not what's up, it aint no country club and it's definitely not a place to spend any amount of time in
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 08:18 PM) *

Bad parenting 101...I hate when people pass the blame onto others instead of looking in the mirror and thinking about what they could do better, sadly this is happening at a big rate
Hotsauce
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 07:38 PM) *

His new song came out is called "new slaves"
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 18 2013, 11:52 AM) *

Wow!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 18 2013, 03:06 PM) *
Wow!

you like it?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 18 2013, 02:32 PM) *
you like it?

Naw bro and most likely I will not. I don't fuck with Kayne anymore, he is too dark for me and he seems lost so I am good.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ May 18 2013, 02:52 PM) *

it's a cut! i think he's redeeming himself.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 12:42 AM) *
Stop it, wasn't no assault weapons no where on that bus it was one little gun and it wasn't his. They nabbed him because who he is

You need to be beaten calling Prodigy wack, Mobb Deep is legends in hip hop....as if Guerrero is some great in boxing. At least they were at the top of what they did, he talked his way into an ass whopping David Haye style, that's his legacy lol

u right...i didn't know that's who he was talking about.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 08:24 AM) *

damn. sad.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 17 2013, 10:00 AM) *

god bless u and the work u do. seriously. (like dolimite said...)
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 20 2013, 02:32 PM) *
it's a cut! i think he's redeeming himself.

He done kinda got on his black pride shit lately, I like it but he's still whines too much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.