Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whos in the right?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
logicalThinker
Richard came out and said there is no weight issue but clearly he said it so negotiations wont be n the media. However i jus wanna know if you were the promoter who would you be pushing to budge from their position of weight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (logicalThinker @ May 16 2013, 06:14 PM) *
Richard came out and said there is no weight issue but clearly he said it so negotiations wont be n the media. However i jus wanna know if you were the promoter who would you be pushing to budge from their position of weight.

floyd made it a big deal that pac was having catchweight fights and made it a point to fight cotto at 154.

canelo is killing himself to make 154 and should really be at 160.

floyd is in the drivers seat and can fight who he chooses. he doesn't need canelo.

canelo has really done nothing...outside of fighting trout (which i thought he wouldn't and i thought he loss) to earn a shot at floyd.

i'd say floyd is in the right....and canelo should just go ahead and fight cotto....and press for the floyd fight after that. that will slowly build his case....because we know he ain't dropping to 147.

with all that being said...i don't see floyds next fight as a ppv event with the available opponents out there.
hitman
canelo is a 154 champion looking to fight another 154 champion, who happens to be the biggest draw in the sport, at 154. how can he be in the wrong? he wants what any fighter would want.

floyd is wrong for asking for 147. he knows canelo can't make that. if he don't want to fight him, just say so and drop the 154 belt.
logicalThinker
Floyd isnt a 154lber tho hes barely a 147 canelo fight night weight is roughly 170 idk how everyone is ok with that but no one is pressing him tp fightartinez Ward GGG or anyone else. Floyd isnt comin off his budge but if he does dont be surprised if he puts a max weight clause in the contract
Dolimite
QUOTE (hitman @ May 16 2013, 05:43 PM) *
canelo is a 154 champion looking to fight another 154 champion, who happens to be the biggest draw in the sport, at 154. how can he be in the wrong? he wants what any fighter would want.

floyd is wrong for asking for 147. he knows canelo can't make that. if he don't want to fight him, just say so and drop the 154 belt.

Floyd is a 17 year veteran with world titles in 5 different weight classes. He has fought big names in the five respected divisions and he is the highest paid athlete without any endorsements. Who the fuck does Canelo think he is or is talking to. Just like how Floyd had to move up in weight to get the big money fight with oscar, Saul better be willing to do the same. if he can drain light weights and jr. welter weighs to fight him how come he can't sacrifice the same thing? He hasn't done shit to be demanding anything. He should be fighting other 154 fighters!
hitman
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 16 2013, 08:38 PM) *
Floyd is a 17 year veteran with world titles in 5 different weight classes. He has fought big names in the five respected divisions and he is the highest paid athlete without any endorsements. Who the fuck does Canelo think he is or is talking to. Just like how Floyd had to move up in weight to get the big money fight with oscar, Saul better be willing to do the same. if he can drain light weights and jr. welter weighs to fight him how come he can't sacrifice the same thing? He hasn't done shit to be demanding anything. He should be fighting other 154 fighters!

what is even the point of this fight if canelo has to make 147? he'd have no chance and floyd would get no credit.

so he wants a fight at 154, a weight that both guys are champions in, what is out of line about that? his manager said they offered a CW and were rejected.

of course floyd doesn't have to fight him. just say you don't want to fight him. drop the belt. and never again talk about size don't win fights and how you'd never make a guy weaken himself for a fight.
KOpower
Meh, Floyd is just doing what Pac did. I don't think either guy would be in the wrong. The people that are in the wrong are those that slammed Pac for doing it but are now saying how smart Floyd is for doing it. I don't think Pac forced anyone to drop a full weight class either. Margarito and Cotto both fought at a CW. Oscar dropped down to 147 (I think?) but it was Oscar making the demand for Pac to move up...Oscar called the shots in that one.

There is no chance that Canelo drops to 147 though. If that is the real offer, this fight will NEVER take place. I think a CW could happen. The problem with a CW is that Floyd loses a bit of credibility after bragging about how much of a man he was for fighting Cotto at 154.
KOpower
I am just about done with the Canelo-Floyd fight as well. I don't want to hope for it the way I hoped to see Mayweather vs Pac. I am ready for Canelo-Cotto. THAT would be a really fun fight. Floyd will fight Khan/Garcia and collect his millions after another "easy money" fight. The cycle will repeat itself again and again. There are many fun/big fights out there for Cotto at 154 and then 160.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 07:06 PM) *
with all that being said...i don't see floyds next fight as a ppv event with the available opponents out there.

Well thank the 1M+ buyers of the Mayweather/Guerrero fight. If THAT fight did decent numbers, then nearly everything else available for him will do similar numbers.

While we're on that point, let's just say that Floyd is on salary for the remainder of his career. If he cracked $32M for the Guerrero fight, then I think it's safe to say that he doesn't have to fight the upper echelon of opponents for the remainder of his career...if there are any left.
mrchitown
QUOTE (hitman @ May 16 2013, 09:19 PM) *
what is even the point of this fight if canelo has to make 147? he'd have no chance and floyd would get no credit.

so he wants a fight at 154, a weight that both guys are champions in, what is out of line about that? his manager said they offered a CW and were rejected.

of course floyd doesn't have to fight him. just say you don't want to fight him. drop the belt. and never again talk about size don't win fights and how you'd never make a guy weaken himself for a fight.

If your going to critique then you should critique both sides. Canelo hasn't done anything of note to warrant such demands. You sound like the people around him. I truly believe that the idiots he calls managers and trainers are filling his head with delusions that he's bigger then what he really is. Not many casual fans know who he is and tell me who he's beaten..I don't count Trout because I felt he lost that fight. He's made a career off of beating up smaller fighters. Cintron and Lopez had no business being in the ring with Canelo. And they had moments against him

Mayweather is at the top of the sport of boxing whether some like it or not. He's the boss, so in my mind he's in the right. Canelo needs to keep putting in the work and I believe the fight will come and I think it does take place at 154 eventually but not this year. Like I said Mayweather's the boss and in this situation Canelo is like the employee. How the fuck an employee gon dictate to the CEO. Where they do that at? If your going to make a point against Mayweather you should look at the case against Canelo too
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 16 2013, 06:06 PM) *
floyd made it a big deal that pac was having catchweight fights and made it a point to fight cotto at 154.

canelo is killing himself to make 154 and should really be at 160.

floyd is in the drivers seat and can fight who he chooses. he doesn't need canelo.

canelo has really done nothing...outside of fighting trout (which i thought he wouldn't and i thought he loss) to earn a shot at floyd.

i'd say floyd is in the right....and canelo should just go ahead and fight cotto....and press for the floyd fight after that. that will slowly build his case....because we know he ain't dropping to 147.

You better get your eyes checked because it's going to happen

Look at the numbers he did with that stiff Guerrero...it can be viewed as a good thing in the sense that he carried the whole PPV and did those numbers but it also can be looked at negatively because he can seemingly fight the likes of anyone and make a profit and not have to challenge himself. Canelo's the biggest fight out there for him so why fight him now. They should and probably will just let it keep building
hitman
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 01:10 AM) *
If your going to critique then you should critique both sides. Canelo hasn't done anything of note to warrant such demands. You sound like the people around him. I truly believe that the idiots he calls managers and trainers are filling his head with delusions that he's bigger then what he really is. Not many casual fans know who he is and tell me who he's beaten..I don't count Trout because I felt he lost that fight. He's made a career off of beating up smaller fighters. Cintron and Lopez had no business being in the ring with Canelo. And they had moments against him

Mayweather is at the top of the sport of boxing whether some like it or not. He's the boss, so in my mind he's in the right. Canelo needs to keep putting in the work and I believe the fight will come and I think it does take place at 154 eventually but not this year. Like I said Mayweather's the boss and in this situation Canelo is like the employee. How the fuck an employee gon dictate to the CEO. Where they do that at? If your going to make a point against Mayweather you should look at the case against Canelo too

yes floyd is more popular, been around longer, makes more money, etc....what does that have to do with him demanding a weight that another fighter can't make? thats like when roy jones said he'd fight lennox lewis IF he could get 100 million. well thats just another way of saying you don't really want to fight lennox lewis. wanting to fight canelo ONLY at 147 is another way of saying you don't really want to fight him. he should just say that and give up his jr middleweight title since he can't fight jr. middleweights.
neophyte7
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 02:10 AM) *

Yeap!!! THE MOTHERFUCKER scraped out a victory in his last fight... he needs to shut the fuck up he and his team and find out (REALLY THINK) how they can make money outside of salivating to fight MAYWEATHER, the highest paid athlete in sports who wins EMPHATICALLY every time out!!!
KOpower
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 02:10 AM) *

So a 154 pound fighter wanting a fight at 154 is making a demand? There is a huge difference between making a demand and getting on your knees for a guy. Canelo can't make 147. I think he could do a CW but that hasn't been talked about. Foyd's camp is saying the fight has to be at 147 and that just isn't reasonable.
Franchize
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 10:57 AM) *
So a 154 pound fighter wanting a fight at 154 is making a demand? There is a huge difference between making a demand and getting on your knees for a guy. Canelo can't make 147. I think he could do a CW but that hasn't been talked about. Foyd's camp is saying the fight has to be at 147 and that just isn't reasonable.

Actually, it's quite reasonable since Canelo still has milk on his breath and Mayweather is the richest fighter in the sport. End of the day, Canelo shouldn't even be fighting at 154. Tired of these motherfuckers draining, then blowing up 20lbs on fight night and acting like the little guys they challenge are pussies when they decline. Sack up and fight somebody in YOUR weight division. Mayweather fought Cotto at 154 but he wasn't 154 on fight not. I'm not saying Floyd should or shouldn't take the fight. I'm saying why, if you're at the peak of your sport, should this green motherfucker get to call shots? I can see the argument for a catchweight or even Floyd fighting at 154...but I don't get where Canelo and his camp get the audacity to be making demands. Trout was your only impressive win...and it was a close fight.
KOpower
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 17 2013, 11:31 AM) *
Actually, it's quite reasonable since Canelo still has milk on his breath and Mayweather is the richest fighter in the sport. End of the day, Canelo shouldn't even be fighting at 154. Tired of these motherfuckers draining, then blowing up 20lbs on fight night and acting like the little guys they challenge are pussies when they decline. Sack up and fight somebody in YOUR weight division. Mayweather fought Cotto at 154 but he wasn't 154 on fight not. I'm not saying Floyd should or shouldn't take the fight. I'm saying why, if you're at the peak of your sport, should this green motherfucker get to call shots? I can see the argument for a catchweight or even Floyd fighting at 154...but I don't get where Canelo and his camp get the audacity to be making demands. Trout was your only impressive win...and it was a close fight.

What is Canelo's best bet at this point then? He can't make 147. He just physically can't do it. So when Floyd says it has to be made at 147, what should Canelo do? What response could he give Floyd where you wouldn't feel like he is trying to "call all the shots"?

If Canelo was talking about a 50-50 split or t hat the fight needs to be in Texas then you would have a point. A 154 pound fighter requesting a fight at 154 or even a CW is NOT trying to call all the shots.
hitman
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 17 2013, 10:31 AM) *

147 is reasonable for a guy who shouldn't even be fighting at 154?

simple question, if Floyd is a champ at 154 and is on record saying that weight don't win fights and that he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can't he fight canelo at 154? i want somebody to answer that without mentioning Floyd's money or Canelo's lack of accomplishments. irrelevant to the question. if it's because canelo is too big, that goes against everything Floyd has ever said.
jtiizzle
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 07:56 AM) *

simple question, if Floyd is a champ at 154 and is on record saying that weight don't win fights and that he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can't he fight canelo at 154? i want somebody to answer that without mentioning Floyd's money or Canelo's lack of accomplishments. irrelevant to the question. if it's because canelo is too big, that goes against everything Floyd has ever said.

It's a duck by floyd plain and simple theres no argument
jtiizzle
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 17 2013, 12:16 PM) *

Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 08:54 AM) *
What is Canelo's best bet at this point then? He can't make 147. He just physically can't do it. So when Floyd says it has to be made at 147, what should Canelo do? What response could he give Floyd where you wouldn't feel like he is trying to "call all the shots"?

If Canelo was talking about a 50-50 split or t hat the fight needs to be in Texas then you would have a point. A 154 pound fighter requesting a fight at 154 or even a CW is NOT trying to call all the shots.

Same way Canelo made jr. welter weights and light weights blow up to 154 his young ass can drop down to 150. Floyd did fight at 154 but he never came in at 154 for and Cotto didn't weigh 170 fucking pounds on fight night. That is the difference. canelo hasn't done a damn thing to demand anything. Floyd is not some up and comer Canelo is letting his well brushed red head is getting to him.

QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 08:56 AM) *

Why can't Canelo fight GGG, Chavez Jr., or Martinez? Why did Canelo have to fight light weights and jr. welter weighs and not 154 fighters in his weight division. Canelo is a middle weight let's be real. He comes in at 170! which means Mayweather is giving up 20 pounds already. My question is, why is it okay for Canelo to demand light weighs and jr welter weights to blow up already to 154 in order to fight him? How come he can't drop down to 150? he is only 22 years old. hell if Broner jumped two weigh classes to fight Paulie what the fuck is wrong with Saul dropping down to 150? He hasn't done anything. He hasn't even cleaned his division out. Lara and Kirkland have been begging for a match with Saul, maybe he should fight them before calling out a welter weight.
KOpower
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 04:20 PM) *
Same way Canelo made jr. welter weights and light weights blow up to 154 his young ass can drop down to 150. Floyd did fight at 154 but he never came in at 154 for and Cotto didn't weigh 170 fucking pounds on fight night. That is the difference. canelo hasn't done a damn thing to demand anything. Floyd is not some up and comer Canelo is letting his well brushed red head is getting to him.

Why can't Canelo fight GGG, Chavez Jr., or Martinez? Why did Canelo have to fight light weights and jr. welter weighs and not 154 fighters in his weight division. Canelo is a middle weight let's be real. He comes in at 170! which means Mayweather is giving up 20 pounds already. My question is, why is it okay for Canelo to demand light weighs and jr welter weights to blow up already to 154 in order to fight him? How come he can't drop down to 150? he is only 22 years old. hell if Broner jumped two weigh classes to fight Paulie what the fuck is wrong with Saul dropping down to 150? He hasn't done anything. He hasn't even cleaned his division out. Lara and Kirkland have been begging for a match with Saul, maybe he should fight them before calling out a welter weight.

Ok, but Mayweather's camp is demanding the fight be made at 147. 150 or 151 is at least reasonable. It goes against everything Mayweather said in the past about not fighting anyone at a CW, but that's fine. I don't know what Canelo's official stance is on a CW at 152, 151, or 150 but I would like to see the Mayweather camp talk about that and not the BS that is a fight at 147. Again, it isn't a demand. Canelo CAN'T fight at 147. It isn't possible.

The biggest issue with Canelo vs GGG, Chavez, and Martinez is that you are getting into the HBO/Showtime mess. That isn't reasonable at this point. I do expect those 2 sides to mend the fences and sometime in the future we could probably see Canelo vs GGG. I don't see Chavez (Top-Rank plus Chavez isn't long for 160) every happening and Martinez may be too old and faded by the time GBP goes back to HBO. There are still some good fights at 154. Cotto, Angulo, Lara, etc are good fights.
duwdu
Some are so quick at turning this claim of the demand for Canelo to fight Floyd at 147, into a referendum on Floyd.

A closer look, however, shows that the demand is a kite being flown by Floyd's father, probably on his own, because he mentioned in the same breadth that he wasn't speaking for his son, but as the head coach.

Now, we know that Mayweather Snr is enjoying himself getting his mojo back in his son's corner (no disrespect for what coaching brilliance he brings to the table,) and will use the opportunity to so boast.

We also know, that his son not only admonished him for wanting to talk trash back at the Guerrero camp, even if provoked, he was told by his son that his job was to coach him, and he should stick with that. And this coach is not even a promoter by any means.

Further, we know that he had quite wrongly profiled his son before, such as implying that his son was not so good against southpaws and therefore would never fight southpaws again, which profiling turned out to be inappropriate and ill-informed , and probably unauthorized.

Now, AFAIK, Floyd himself has been silent over all of this, even if some will still say he's just making his dad the fall guy here. What I'd like to believe is that, because Floyd assured the WBA - in writing - that he would defend his Super JMW title come September, chances are that he would - against Canelo or A. N. Other. So, to me, all these brouhaha may be moot, actually. Which means I go with Richard Schaefer as to what is happening on this one currently.

BTW, Canelo weighed 172 on fight night against "No Doubt, " IIRC. My opinion is that Floyd should fight Canelo at 154 with a rehydration clause of, say, 162 max.

P34c3
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Ok, but Mayweather's camp is demanding the fight be made at 147. 150 or 151 is at least reasonable. It goes against everything Mayweather said in the past about not fighting anyone at a CW, but that's fine. I don't know what Canelo's official stance is on a CW at 152, 151, or 150 but I would like to see the Mayweather camp talk about that and not the BS that is a fight at 147. Again, it isn't a demand. Canelo CAN'T fight at 147. It isn't possible.

The biggest issue with Canelo vs GGG, Chavez, and Martinez is that you are getting into the HBO/Showtime mess. That isn't reasonable at this point. I do expect those 2 sides to mend the fences and sometime in the future we could probably see Canelo vs GGG. I don't see Chavez (Top-Rank plus Chavez isn't long for 160) every happening and Martinez may be too old and faded by the time GBP goes back to HBO. There are still some good fights at 154. Cotto, Angulo, Lara, etc are good fights.

I haven't heard Mayweather say anything. When Floyd publicly comes out and says that he wants Saul at 147 then we can go from there. I just don't understand how Canelo thinks he doesn't have to drop weight when he has made his career at fighting fighters from lower weight divisions. People will not touch that, by the way he could fight Kirkland or Lara but he won't he wants to fight people in other weight divisions, go figure.
hitman
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 03:20 PM) *

i'd love to see canelo fight those guys. and i didn't support the josesito lopez fight at all. it was a joke.

but this is about floyd and canelo. if floyd saids weight don't matter and he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can he fight at 154 vs. other fighters but not canelo? that is admitting that weight does matter. if he wants canelo only at 147 that is trying to drain him. agree?
Dolimite
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 03:16 PM) *
i'd love to see canelo fight those guys. and i didn't support the josesito lopez fight at all. it was a joke.

but this is about floyd and canelo. if floyd saids weight don't matter and he doesn't believe in draining fighters, why can he fight at 154 vs. other fighters but not canelo? that is admitting that weight does matter. if he wants canelo only at 147 that is trying to drain him. agree?

Canelo comes in at 172, that is why! Cotto came in at 162, big difference. how is that even fair? please tell me.
hitman
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Canelo comes in at 172, that is why! Cotto came in at 162, big difference. how is that even fair? please tell me.

because it's within the rules.

did it matter that chavez had sergio by 20 pounds?
Dolimite
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 04:23 PM) *
because it's within the rules.

did it matter that chavez had sergio by 20 pounds?

Sergio can pack on weight and Sergio being a middle weight he could handle it. You are mixing apples and oranges. Answer my question: Why is it okay for Canelo to ask light weights and jr. welter weights to come up and fight him but he can't come down to fight the number one fighter in the world? Give me a a fucking break. Why does Saul get rules bent for him, what the hell has he done? Please tell me
hitman
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 08:13 PM) *
Sergio can pack on weight and Sergio being a middle weight he could handle it. You are mixing apples and oranges. Answer my question: Why is it okay for Canelo to ask light weights and jr. welter weights to come up and fight him but he can't come down to fight the number one fighter in the world? Give me a a fucking break. Why does Saul get rules bent for him, what the hell has he done? Please tell me

sergio packed on 7 pounds. chavez 25. and it didn't make one bit of difference. sergio is a very small middleweight.

his manager said they offered floyd a catchweight. he can not physically make 147.

i don't know what "rules" are being bent so i can not answer that.

nobody forced lopez to fight canelo. he was offered and accepted.

he's universally recognized as floyd mayweather's biggest threat. he must have done something.
Dolimite
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 06:19 PM) *
sergio packed on 7 pounds. chavez 25. and it didn't make one bit of difference.

his manager said they offered floyd a catchweight. he can not physically make 147.

i don't know what "rules" are being bent so i can not answer that.

nobody forced lopez to fight canelo. he was offered and accepted.

he's universally recognized as floyd mayweather's biggest threat. he must have done something.

By who and what reason? Dude get the fuck out of here with universally recognized! Stop listening to skip bayless. You must be a member of boxingscene.com because that is the kind of shit their posters say. Get real brah. He lost to Trout to many people. What has he really done besides be GB bitch boy for the time being? Come on man don't believe the hype. Saul is popular not skilled. Don't get the two confused.
hitman
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 08:25 PM) *
By who and what reason? He lost to Trout too many people. What has he really done besides be GB bitch boy for the time being? Come on man don't believe the hype. Saul is popular not skilled. Don't get the two confused.

1. who is a bigger threat?

2. if he's not that good, why does the weight even matter?
Franchize
My point is, Canelo shouldn't even be calling out Floyd. If Floyd decides to fight him at 154, then so be it. But Canelo should be focusing on middleweights. Sack up and fight people your own size. Don't be another Chavez Jr.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 17 2013, 06:59 PM) *
My point is, Canelo shouldn't even be calling out Floyd. If Floyd decides to fight him at 154, then so be it. But Canelo should be focusing on middleweights. Sack up and fight people your own size. Don't be another Chavez Jr.

exactly!
Dolimite
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 06:27 PM) *
1. who is a bigger threat?

2. if he's not that good, why does the weight even matter?

Bradley is a bigger threat to Mayweather than Saul is. Give me a break dude, don't fall in love with the image of Canelo.

If Mayweather isn't a threat then why doesn't Saul come down. Floyd had to go up to get his pay day against Oscar then Orphan Annie can drop to get his pay day to fight Floyd. It is called paying your dues!
Again what has Saul done to make demands on Mayweather? What? Name me five realistic things that Saul has done to be demanding anything.
hitman
bradley? laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 07:28 PM) *
bradley? laugh.gif

I am done yo. Bradley is a very skilled fighter, he can make adjustments and he does not tire in the late rounds. Your boyfriend has stamina issues which is why his girl cheated on him Again you are in love with the image and hype of Alvarez not the actual fighter. His defense sucks, Bradley has good defense, his stamina sucks, and his footwork needs work. I know you think Canelo is all that people make him to be but Trout made him look like a regular fighter. Sorry buddy.
KOpower
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Bradley is a bigger threat to Mayweather than Saul is. Give me a break dude, don't fall in love with the image of Canelo.

If Mayweather isn't a threat then why doesn't Saul come down. Floyd had to go up to get his pay day against Oscar then Orphan Annie can drop to get his pay day to fight Floyd. It is called paying your dues!
Again what has Saul done to make demands on Mayweather? What? Name me five realistic things that Saul has done to be demanding anything.

Bradley couldn't deal with Pac's speed. He would have a really hard time with Mayweather. I think Bradley is an easy UD victory for Mayweather....EASY.
hitman
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 17 2013, 09:35 PM) *
I am done yo. Bradley is a very skilled fighter, he can make adjustments and he does not tire in the late rounds. Your boyfriend has stamina issues which is why his girl cheated on him Again you are in love with the image and hype of Alvarez not the actual fighter. His defense sucks, Bradley has good defense, his stamina sucks, and his footwork needs work. I know you think Canelo is all that people make him to be but Trout made him look like a regular fighter. Sorry buddy.

why you so mad? laugh.gif

check my post history. i've never said one thing about canelo before this thread. i was at the alamodome cheering for austin trout.

i'm a boxing fan who wants to see good fights. and this is one. mayweather vs. khan, alexander or anybody else on golden boy's roster is a joke. i don't even think canelo would win. but it's the best fight and i want to see it. unlike you, i have enough faith in mayweather to beat canelo at ANY weight.

bradley would get killed by floyd or canelo. the man just went life and death with a espn fighter. and is about to get schooled by marquez. plus, that fight is not even possible. you wasting time even thinking about it.
checkleft
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 10:28 PM) *
bradley? laugh.gif

Are you trolling?

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 11:36 PM) *
Bradley couldn't deal with Pac's speed. He would have a really hard time with Mayweather. I think Bradley is an easy UD victory for Mayweather....EASY.

Really because the scorecards say otherwise.

Bradley is a really smart fighter Idk where you guys get off dissing a legit dude like him.

he chose to fight the way he did against ruslan cause he wanted to please his fans. If you guys are just gonna judge the dude off that fight its pretty hard to take you serious at all as knowledgeable fans
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 09:57 AM) *

What I'm saying as far as demand is that his head is full of hot air and he hasn't earned the right in my opinion to attempt to dictate terms. Name who he has beaten because I see a few of you on here who rally for Canelo like he's the red headed Jesus. Quick, name his stellar list of opposition lol...He fought Trout and many people including myself felt he lost that fight

What has he done to warrant the fight? I ridiculed Guerrero on here about his opposition to getting a Floyd fight, and I think he deseved it more then Canelo. I don't give him credit for beating up on fighters who are junior welters and lightweights. He stepped up and fought a natural 54lber and I felt he lost. 147 is unreasonable and I do believe they will fight at 154 but I don't think that Canelo will be allowed to re-hydrate up to 172lbs. He's going to have to take it how it's given to him or step. When your the boss you call the shots, I see it's a lot of employees on here so I'll leave it alone
mrchitown
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 08:16 AM) *
yes floyd is more popular, been around longer, makes more money, etc....what does that have to do with him demanding a weight that another fighter can't make? thats like when roy jones said he'd fight lennox lewis IF he could get 100 million. well thats just another way of saying you don't really want to fight lennox lewis. wanting to fight canelo ONLY at 147 is another way of saying you don't really want to fight him. he should just say that and give up his jr middleweight title since he can't fight jr. middleweights.

I'm not talking about his money, Mayweather has faced the better opposition and put the work in to get to where he's at. Boss employee, there's a difference whether you realize it or not. What has canelo done to gain this shot at a Mayweather fight? If you want to give credit for Canelo beating up on little guys then go ahead because I don't. He stepped up and fought Trout and I thought he lost. And when did Floyd say he wants him at 147 because I can't find that quote. I know his father said it but truthfully until I hear Floyd jr come out and say it then I aint buying it.

Most of what we've heard so far has been from Canelo's camp..I believe they'll fight at 154 and soon because Canelo is busting out of that division quickly. He's going to have to rumble with the MW's soon and he should be fighting them now truthfully. I don't agree that him allegedly saying they fight at 147 is his way of saying he don't want to fight, that's an opinion not a fact

But I find it funny how most people want to see Mayweather challenged want him to fight fuckin light heavy's. They should just say they want to see him lose and get it over with
mrchitown
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 17 2013, 03:16 PM) *

Did this dumbass really just quote himself right after posting laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 17 2013, 08:46 AM) *
Yeap!!! THE MOTHERFUCKER scraped out a victory in his last fight... he needs to shut the fuck up he and his team and find out (REALLY THINK) how they can make money outside of salivating to fight MAYWEATHER, the highest paid athlete in sports who wins EMPHATICALLY every time out!!!

Floyd and Canelo will fight eventually and I believe it'll be sooner rather then later because Canelo really should be fighting at 160 right now. He just hasn't done anything that impresses me to make me think he should be posturing in negotiations the way he and his team are. I think it's more the people around him then Canelo himself. Listen to the interviews his manager gives and it's like a Canelo blow fest. I think Canelo is an exciting fighter and he did some good things in the Trout fight but I still think he lost and he needs to fight more boxers in his own division instead of trying to yet again get someone to move up to face him...no one wants to talk about that, they just want to keep saying Floyd is unreasonable but they had no problem when he fought Lopez who is a blown up junior welter
duwdu
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 11:36 PM) *

What Pac speed? Bradley was unmarked in that fight, despite Pac's vaunted speed, and he (Bradley) wasn't running; he was just making Pac miss like he'll or throw punches that were mostly short of their intended targets. To me, Bradley showed that Pacquiao would always look like shyt against an elite defensive fighter. Pacquiao is an elite, exciting fighter, but give him an elite defensive fighter who is also a superb counterpuncher and.... You get the drift.

I agree though that Bradley will be a straight UD for Mayweather.

P34c3

P34c3
jtiizzle
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 10:51 PM) *
Did this dumbass really just quote himself right after posting laugh.gif

Why do I have to be a dumbass though? It's funny seeing these guys get that Internet courage aight bro don't get mad lets keep it boxing. its a duck straight out. He has a title at 154 and now he wants a guy to come down to 147 which we know is impossible. Don't be a flomo, straight up I'm a Floyd fan and its a duck bro it just shows that Floyd doesn't care about his fans and the sport of boxing just his $$. The PAC fight didn't happen he needs to make this fight which I believe will happen just not now. Lets just keep it real he see Canelo as a threat that's why this fight won't be made. It just seems like a lot of these flomos are fans of Floyd and not the sport of boxing, more into Floyd keeping his 0 more then the fights that we all know we want to see.
KOpower
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 18 2013, 01:23 AM) *
Are you trolling?

Really because the scorecards say otherwise.

Bradley is a really smart fighter Idk where you guys get off dissing a legit dude like him.

he chose to fight the way he did against ruslan cause he wanted to please his fans. If you guys are just gonna judge the dude off that fight its pretty hard to take you serious at all as knowledgeable fans

You sound like a casual fan pointing to the scorecards. Every reasonable person that watched the fight had Pac winning. Now some Pac haters on here will change their story and say that Bradley won because they hate Pac but outside of those people everyone knew Pac was the better man. Bradley vs Mayweather is an easy win for Floyd.
scdrking2
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 10:56 AM) *

I dont think the 154 lb weight is an issue for Floyd. He is looking at an opponent who could easily be 175 lbs on fight night when he has never made the 154 lb limit. Twenty plus lbs is a lot to give up. To be honest, I dont think Canelo could make a fight night limit of less than 10 lbs re-hydration weight.
KOpower
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 18 2013, 02:41 AM) *
What I'm saying as far as demand is that his head is full of hot air and he hasn't earned the right in my opinion to attempt to dictate terms. Name who he has beaten because I see a few of you on here who rally for Canelo like he's the red headed Jesus. Quick, name his stellar list of opposition lol...He fought Trout and many people including myself felt he lost that fight

What has he done to warrant the fight? I ridiculed Guerrero on here about his opposition to getting a Floyd fight, and I think he deseved it more then Canelo. I don't give him credit for beating up on fighters who are junior welters and lightweights. He stepped up and fought a natural 54lber and I felt he lost. 147 is unreasonable and I do believe they will fight at 154 but I don't think that Canelo will be allowed to re-hydrate up to 172lbs. He's going to have to take it how it's given to him or step. When your the boss you call the shots, I see it's a lot of employees on here so I'll leave it alone

Let's get this out of the way. I agree that Canelo can not dictate terms. I agree with you on that. Let's move on to the point we seem to disagree on.

How is a 154 pound fighter not being able to fight at 147 "dictating terms"? He literally can't drop down to 147. Floyd's camp making that request isn't reasonable. Now I can agree with a CW fight if Canelo can get down to 151 or 150 but in the past Mayweather said that he would never do a CW fight. I don't know if Mayweather would be up for that.

As far as what he has done to warrant the fight, he is coming off of a huge win over a very good Austin Trout. Canelo is a big/strong 154 pound fighter with really good power and quick hands. Is that enough? I think so considering Floyd's last fight was with a guy who had only beaten Andre Berto. When you look at the resume of fighters like Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero then you can understand why Canelo's resume might be enough.

Saying that Canelo has to take what's given to him is silly if Canelo physically can't do it. Floyd can't call the shots on something Canelo can't do. If Floyd is making such an unreasonable request, the only thing I can think of is that he doesn't really want the fight.
sduck
Technically Canelo is in the right, because it's harder to come down in weight than it is to move up in weight. Floyd has fought at 154 before, and has a 154 title, for him to demand the fight at 147 makes no sense.

QUOTE (KOpower @ May 18 2013, 08:58 AM) *
You sound like a casual fan pointing to the scorecards. Every reasonable person that watched the fight had Pac winning. Now some Pac haters on here will change their story and say that Bradley won because they hate Pac but outside of those people everyone knew Pac was the better man. Bradley vs Mayweather is an easy win for Floyd.

I'll say this again, I am not a fan of Pac as I used to be because of all the bullshit fights they've set up for him, but going in to the fight I thought Pac was going to win, but scored the fight for Bradley, though I thought it was a very close fight. I really don't understand what fight people were watching. Were you guys just watching Pacquiao the whole time? You have to look at both fighters and see who's controlling the fight with Clean Punching, Effective Aggressiveness, Ring Generalship, and Defense. All those criteria matter. At moments where Pacquiao is throwing flurries and missing because of Bradley's defense, then you score that little session in favor for Bradley. It's really that simple.
Dolimite
QUOTE (hitman @ May 17 2013, 08:06 PM) *
why you so mad? laugh.gif

check my post history. i've never said one thing about canelo before this thread. i was at the alamodome cheering for austin trout.

i'm a boxing fan who wants to see good fights. and this is one. mayweather vs. khan, alexander or anybody else on golden boy's roster is a joke. i don't even think canelo would win. but it's the best fight and i want to see it. unlike you, i have enough faith in mayweather to beat canelo at ANY weight.

bradley would get killed by floyd or canelo. the man just went life and death with a espn fighter. and is about to get schooled by marquez. plus, that fight is not even possible. you wasting time even thinking about it.

Dude I am not mad I just do not understand how you think. Bradley is a good fighter, just because he doesn't have a sexy style does not mean he isn't a good fighter. Last time I checked he was undefeated and get this he has damn near cleaned out his division unlike Red Head. I hope Canelo could beat a jr. welter weight that is how he has made his career wins. I have faith Mayweather can win as well but it isn't fair for Saul to say that he won't consider a catch weight or moving down when he has made me people from two weight divisions below him come up and fight, it is bullshit! He has done nothing to dictate terms of anything. Bradley can adjust in the ring unlike Saul. You are looking at hype with Saul and not skill. Mayweather vs. Khan is a good fight to you? and you laughed at Bradley vs, Mayweather... I am done.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 17 2013, 10:49 PM) *
I'm not talking about his money, Mayweather has faced the better opposition and put the work in to get to where he's at. Boss employee, there's a difference whether you realize it or not. What has canelo done to gain this shot at a Mayweather fight? If you want to give credit for Canelo beating up on little guys then go ahead because I don't. He stepped up and fought Trout and I thought he lost. And when did Floyd say he wants him at 147 because I can't find that quote. I know his father said it but truthfully until I hear Floyd jr come out and say it then I aint buying it.

Most of what we've heard so far has been from Canelo's camp..I believe they'll fight at 154 and soon because Canelo is busting out of that division quickly. He's going to have to rumble with the MW's soon and he should be fighting them now truthfully. I don't agree that him allegedly saying they fight at 147 is his way of saying he don't want to fight, that's an opinion not a fact

But I find it funny how most people want to see Mayweather challenged want him to fight fuckin light heavy's. They should just say they want to see him lose and get it over with

Chi I swear I hate talking to people about Saul I really do. he isn't impressive at all. He has improved but come on. Good post.
mrchitown
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 18 2013, 05:34 AM) *
Why do I have to be a dumbass though? It's funny seeing these guys get that Internet courage aight bro don't get mad lets keep it boxing. its a duck straight out. He has a title at 154 and now he wants a guy to come down to 147 which we know is impossible. Don't be a flomo, straight up I'm a Floyd fan and its a duck bro it just shows that Floyd doesn't care about his fans and the sport of boxing just his $$. The PAC fight didn't happen he needs to make this fight which I believe will happen just not now. Lets just keep it real he see Canelo as a threat that's why this fight won't be made. It just seems like a lot of these flomos are fans of Floyd and not the sport of boxing, more into Floyd keeping his 0 more then the fights that we all know we want to see.

1. because it's stupid to quote yourself

2. your the one getting tough, did I threaten you I just said you were a dumbass, I guess I'm supposed to fear you because your upset I called you a dumbass on the internet now I'm an internet tough guy. Thatt's your opinion though. I just feel quoting yourself is dumb so I called you a dumbass..take it for what it is...don't be all in your feelings

You haven't been on this board long enough to be calling people Flomo's...and it's plenty fans of the sport of Boxing on this board. Me included....just because someone doesn't share your sentiments doesn't make them Flomo's

I think the fight will happen just like you but I think it'll happen later as opposed to being in September. I don't personally see Canelo as a big threat to Floyd outside of a weight advantage, but he is the biggest money fight for Floyd and that's why I don't see it happening this year. I'm not into the whole ducking bullshit because idiots throw that word around so casually it's more of a punchline these days

I would be shocked if this fight took place in September but I won't be surprised if it happens in September 2014...Canelo is busting out of the division and this fight has an expiration date on it because of that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.