Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Virgil Hunter...THANK YOU!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/virgil-hunter-m...l-boxing--65622

I wish more trainers and fighters would come out and defend boxing the way Hunter and other trainers will. We have too many people polluting boxing with this "my fighter fights toe to toe" it is not boxing. And pundits saying that if a boxer can't knock anyone out then they are feathered fist and they aren't real boxers. WTF!
Franchize
This brought a tear of joy to my eye (albeit a thug tear. Gotta stay gangsta son lol)

mitukczuk
Class act! Well put.
KOpower
I agree with him, but you have to have a certain level of physical ability to pull off what Floyd does. Let's just look at arm-length. If Floyd didn't have freakishly long arms for his size, he wouldn't be the same fighter he is today. That's just 1 aspect of it.

There are multiple ways to skin a cat. You can be successful with all types of styles.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 11:12 AM) *
I agree with him, but you have to have a certain level of physical ability to pull off what Floyd does. Let's just look at arm-length. If Floyd didn't have freakishly long arms for his size, he wouldn't be the same fighter he is today. That's just 1 aspect of it.

There are multiple ways to skin a cat. You can be successful with all types of styles.

Yep...I bet Floyd's "once in a generation" athleticism and skill level has gotten many fighters' ass whipped in sparring, trying to emulate him. LOL.
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 08:12 AM) *

And if Serena Williams did not have that ass and serve she wouldn't be as popular as she is. Can't knock a man for his God given gifts. I mean no one complains about Pacquiao's amazing calves.
mrchitown
Virgil is a good dude and he told it like it really is
scdrking2
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 17 2013, 10:12 AM) *

Many greats have a physical attribute or something in their past others cant emulate. Michael Phelps and his hands and feet that are damn near like flippers. Jerry Rice growing up catching bricks his Dad tossed off roofs all summer.
Cheesey1
Nothing but the truth by Mr. Hunter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 19 2013, 04:50 PM) *
Nothing but the truth by Mr. Hunter.

Welcome to FightHype sir!
daprofessor
i was at some amateur fights this weekend and i have to say...i've been in cali a long time now and it was good to see kids trying to be more defensive minded in the ring. mayweather being on top has shed some light over the less educated boxers who prefer to mix it up. not all of them have good understanding...but the simple fact that they are focusing on defense is a step in the right direction.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 20 2013, 09:45 AM) *
Welcome to FightHype sir!

Thanks. I had to comment on Mr. Hunter's wisdom. When 'The Boxing Undertaker' talks, I listen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.