Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Peterson vs. Matthysse-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's fight on Showtime!

Jack

Administrator
leonthegee
I know its early but I cant wait. Hehehehe. Showtimes been showing all Matthysse' past fights all week. They really like this kid.
mgrover
Can't wait for this highlight of my week really
Plah
WAR Matthysse!
Gambit808
I Got Lucas Matthysse by KO tonight
mitukczuk
I like Matthysse, but I think Peterson will take it by U or S Decision.

Wasn't Alexander supposed to fight today too ? :X
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 18 2013, 02:18 PM) *
I like Matthysse, but I think Peterson will take it by U or S Decision.

Wasn't Alexander supposed to fight today too ? :X

Isn't he on the undercard? Alexander-Purdy?

I am going to go with Matthyse by MD or SD. Provided that he does not fade late. I think he will be stronger in the clinches and seems to be on more of an upward swing. Peterson's still shaking the Khan fight controversy with the PED's. If Lucus fades late, Peterson could take it. Is this 10 or 12 rounds?

Jack
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 18 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Isn't he on the undercard? Alexander-Purdy?

I am going to go with Matthyse by MD or SD. Provided that he does not fade late. I think he will be stronger in the clinches and seems to be on more of an upward swing. Peterson's still shaking the Khan fight controversy with the PED's. If Lucus fades late, Peterson could take it. Is this 10 or 12 rounds?

Jack

Oh, Alexander is on the undercard? Man...WBA welterweight championship deserves to headline the card! Anyways...my bad. Thanks for the info !
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 18 2013, 02:53 PM) *
Oh, Alexander is on the undercard? Man...WBA welterweight championship deserves to headline the card! Anyways...my bad. Thanks for the info !

At least that's the schedule that I have. I don't mind it on the undercard, because Matthysse-Peterson as main event WILL be a war!

Jack
mgrover
the IBF title isn't up for grabs.
leonthegee
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 18 2013, 02:37 PM) *
the IBF title isn't up for grabs.

They are fighting for Matthysse' WBC intern title. So basically the winner is Garcias mandatory.
bnoles4life
I just heard the Showtime announcers say this is NOT a title fight. That being said, is anyone watching these "under" the undercard fights on Showtime Extreme?

...and yes, I got Matthysse...wouldn't be surprised if Peterson is stopped late.
Cshel86
Peterson has his hands full tonight, but it's up to him as to whether or not he makes the situation harder than it already is. He doesn't strike me as a guys who uses his legs, create space, and makes his opponent come to him. With all respect given, Lamont is a true warrior, but if he's too much of a warrior, then it will play into his detriment tonight.

As much as people are sold on Matthysse, there are some small flaws there, and only a true brawler with respectable boxing knowledge (in Peterson), can make those flaws public. Matthysse should be careful of Lamont in exchanges, because his shorts shots tend to surprise guys, since most don't label him a big puncher.

We've seen Peterson go down in the Ortiz fight, who was a HUGE 140 lber, and he still got up to make the fight a draw. If he can keep Matthysse off balance all night, then he'll have some success. He CANNOT be Lamont all the way through this evening, but only in small spurts.

Lucas is known to go tit for tat with guys, but he's most successful when his guy is either close or against the ropes. I see Lamont struggling early, but I dont see him getting stopped. Yeah I know, call me crazy, but this fight wasn't put together for no reason.

If I'm not mistaken, this fight is the first under Lamont's GBP deal. I believe that deal took place leading up to the Holt fight, but I cant remember. Anyhow, Matthysse needs to finish Peterson, because the cards are already tallied up.

Peterson has a Khan rematch in the holster, amongst other big opportunities...cant say the same for Matthysse. Let's do the math...this fight is at 141, so Matthysse has no chance of winning the IBF title, but Peterson is able to win Lucas's interim title?! Not only that, but Golden Boy will do their best to set up as many road blocks as possible, so Matthysse wont be anywhere near Danny in the near future....I smell fuckery.

Judah was shot at 140, Alexander just couldn't handle the weight anymore, Soto never had any true success at the weight, Ajose fought a stupid fight, and Dallas Jr. was shit...none of the mentioned situations apply to Peterson.

As for Alexander/Purdy, Devon is supposed to win this one. I haven't seen much of Purdy, but its clear that he's a big WW, not because he couldnt make weight yesterday. Let's not forget that Alexander hasn't fought in a good 8 months, he's had TWO failed training camps...so I see that playing a big part in this evening's matchup. Everybody thought Sergio was gonna run through Murray, and look what happened. Anyhow, Devon gets the decision, no matter how tough the fight is...IF he doesn't score the TKO.
mgrover
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 19 2013, 12:06 AM) *
They are fighting for Matthysse' WBC intern title. So basically the winner is Garcias mandatory.

Nah I mean Alexander vs Purdy. Supposedly Purdy came in overweight
bnoles4life
Sooooooo....who's the guy in the Devon Alexander suit?
KOpower
Purdy is just a punching bag. All he does is stand in front of Alexander waiting to get hit.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 18 2013, 08:09 PM) *
Peterson has his hands full tonight, but it's up to him as to whether or not he makes the situation harder than it already is. He doesn't strike me as a guys who uses his legs, create space, and makes his opponent come to him. With all respect given, Lamont is a true warrior, but if he's too much of a warrior, then it will play into his detriment tonight.

As much as people are sold on Matthysse, there are some small flaws there, and only a true brawler with respectable boxing knowledge (in Peterson), can make those flaws public. Matthysse should be careful of Lamont in exchanges, because his shorts shots tend to surprise guys, since most don't label him a big puncher.

We've seen Peterson go down in the Ortiz fight, who was a HUGE 140 lber, and he still got up to make the fight a draw. If he can keep Matthysse off balance all night, then he'll have some success. He CANNOT be Lamont all the way through this evening, but only in small spurts.

Lucas is known to go tit for tat with guys, but he's most successful when his guy is either close or against the ropes. I see Lamont struggling early, but I dont see him getting stopped. Yeah I know, call me crazy, but this fight wasn't put together for no reason.

If I'm not mistaken, this fight is the first under Lamont's GBP deal. I believe that deal took place leading up to the Holt fight, but I cant remember. Anyhow, Matthysse needs to finish Peterson, because the cards are already tallied up.

Peterson has a Khan rematch in the holster, amongst other big opportunities...cant say the same for Matthysse. Let's do the math...this fight is at 141, so Matthysse has no chance of winning the IBF title, but Peterson is able to win Lucas's interim title?! Not only that, but Golden Boy will do their best to set up as many road blocks as possible, so Matthysse wont be anywhere near Danny in the near future....I smell fuckery.

Judah was shot at 140, Alexander just couldn't handle the weight anymore, Soto never had any true success at the weight, Ajose fought a stupid fight, and Dallas Jr. was shit...none of the mentioned situations apply to Peterson.

As for Alexander/Purdy, Devon is supposed to win this one. I haven't seen much of Purdy, but its clear that he's a big WW, not because he couldnt make weight yesterday. Let's not forget that Alexander hasn't fought in a good 8 months, he's had TWO failed training camps...so I see that playing a big part in this evening's matchup. Everybody thought Sergio was gonna run through Murray, and look what happened. Anyhow, Devon gets the decision, no matter how tough the fight is...IF he doesn't score the TKO.

THIS
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 18 2013, 09:34 PM) *
Sooooooo....who's the guy in the Devon Alexander suit?

laugh.gif

Cshel86
Devon needs to look out for Purdy's right hand, regardless of the fact that he's in control.
pimpfighterROQ
This fight from Alexander is a poor man's Pac-Clottey....

Cshel86
Something tells me that Purdy has something up his sleeve. Devon is throwing waaay more punches than we've known him to throw, and Purdy is effected by any of them.
mgrover
thank fuck that shits ended. The main event needs to hurry up
Cshel86
I know Devon's happy it was stopped...he just ran out of shit to do after a while. That hand injury didn't help matters either. Overall, nice display by Devon.

These Corona girls are super hott tonight! They've had the D-squad out there as of late.
pimpfighterROQ
Another boring fight from Devon Alexander....here i thought Bradley fights are most boring.
KOpower
Terrible stoppage by the corner. Let the guy continue.
KOpower
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 18 2013, 09:58 PM) *
I know Devon's happy it was stopped...he just ran out of shit to do after a while. That hand injury didn't help matters either. Overall, nice display by Devon.

This. Khan vs Alexander should be next.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 18 2013, 10:00 PM) *
This. Khan vs Alexander should be next.

My sentiments exactly!
Dolimite
Devon isn't getting a Mayweather fight. The guy has heart but he wasn't hurting that guy, I know he hurt his hand, great still, Alexander will not sell a fight. I like Devon but those noises he makes reminds me of the aliens from Aliens Attack and he looks like the monster from the Goonies. I dig Devon, I do, I just don't think this fight helped him with getting Mayweather. Devon has fought more great fighters than the red head! Good fight Devon.
bnoles4life
Well, it's clear Diddy or whomever decorates Christmas trees designed LP's ring outfit and robe...#Tinsel
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ May 18 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Well, it's clear Diddy or whomever decorates Christmas trees designed LP's ring outfit and robe...#Tinsel

Right! LOL

Everybody seems to either be skinning animals for trunk designs, or they're reaching in their grandma's closet to make these outfits.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 18 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Devon isn't getting a Mayweather fight. The guy has heart but he wasn't hurting that guy, I know he hurt his hand, great still, Alexander will not sell a fight. I like Devon but those noises he makes reminds me of the aliens from Aliens Attack and he looks like the monster from the Goonies. I dig Devon, I do, I just don't think this fight helped him with getting Mayweather. Devon has fought more great fighters than the red head! Good fight Devon.

Some would argue, that's precisely the reason he has a shot at a Mayweather fight.....SOME, mind you.
mgrover
10-9 Matt
Cshel86
Nice left hooks by Matthysse to end the 1st, but Peterson controlled the pace, so he gets the round.
KOpower
Tough 1st round to score. Peterson had it but Mattysse came on at the end. I still gave it to Peterson.

Round 1: 10-9 Peterson

Through 1: 10-9 Peterson
Cshel86
Matthysse missed with that wild left hook...he almost took flight into the crowd. Lol
KOpower
Wow....Mattysse's power is legit. Peterson is hurt.
Cshel86
WTF???

If that just happened while Lamont was boxing, then who knows what will happen if he engages.
mgrover
10-9 Matt
10-8 Matt
Plah
Nice 2nd Round by Lucas, have it 19-18 for him
mgrover
I love the british cast, he hits so hard he knocks himself down haha
KOpower
Peterson is in trouble. Serious trouble. I don't know if this is getting out of the 3rd round.

Round 1: 10-9 Peterson
Round 2: 10-8 Matthysse

Through 2: 19-18 Matthysse
Cshel86
DAMN!!!
mgrover
and its all over.
Plah
WOAH
KOpower
Wow...he just CRUSHED Peterson. Way too much power.
pimpfighterROQ
Wow omfg. What power!!!
Gambit808
Yup, that just happend. Garcia vs. Matthysse let's get it!
Cheesey1
Wow!! Matthysse...you have earned my respect.
Dolimite
DAMN I MEAN DAMN! Peterson fought a stupid fight. Danny Boy maybe in trouble! Great fight Lucas Matthysse! Peterson did not have a plan B and had no idea how to adjust to his style of fighting. Great job Lucas!
pimpfighterROQ
The knockdown and the last punch for the knockout were just grazing punches!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.