Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOSLEY VS MATTHYSE
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
If Matthyse eradicates Mosley in quick fashion--- a mayweather fight is there

Mosely can still crack and I would like his chances in this fight. Let's see if Matthyse can steam roll Mosely like he did to Peterson
mitukczuk
I don't think so, Tim.
neophyte7
I gather you mean he cannot steamroll Mosley... This is a good fight. Mosley wants to fight on with guys who come forward. Matthyse team would probably be afraid to get in there with the old banger who can still bang...
p4pcrown
Mosley gets murdered in this fight. The outcome all depends on how well Matthyse carries his power to 147. We all love Shane but this is not a fight I want to see. If you try and bang with this banger you are going down..plain and simple. Put Matthyse in with Garcia, Khan, or the winner of Broner/Malignaggi. Give one of these young lions a real challenge.
neophyte7
I think this would be a good measuring stick as to how Matthyse would do at 147. and since there is a question as to how he carries power up to 147, why not test it with Mosley... If Matthyse is the killer described Mosley will be finally retired and Matthyse is a bonafied power man at 147... I would not assume Shane gets murdered in this fight.
mgrover
I think it'll be a replay of Pac vs Mosley. Nazim will create a great blueprint that Mosley just doesn't have what it takes to execute anymore
p4pcrown
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 25 2013, 02:32 PM) *
I think it'll be a replay of Pac vs Mosley. Nazim will create a great blueprint that Mosley just doesn't have what it takes to execute anymore

Mosley doesn't train with Nazim anymore...he is back with his father.
mitukczuk
I don't know....Diminished Mosley beat Cano - who is nothing special, after losing 3 fights in a row and one additional draw. And we are talking about him fighting a guy who won 6 fights in a row in a pretty impressive way? Seriously? Am I the only one who just doesn't see the logic behind that?
mgrover
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ May 25 2013, 08:04 PM) *
Mosley doesn't train with Nazim anymore...he is back with his father.

Then he'll get tagged and go into survival mode.
neophyte7
Mosely is a name that is still out there. Hell, Zab Judah loses emphatically and still is getting in there with top guys. Someone has to retire Mosley LMAO why not Matthyse the invincible JUggernaut
neophyte7
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 25 2013, 03:08 PM) *
I don't know....Diminished Mosley beat Cano - who is nothing special, after losing 3 fights in a row and one additional draw. And we are talking about him fighting a guy who won 6 fights in a row in a pretty impressive way? Seriously? Am I the only one who just doesn't see the logic behind that?

I hear you- more like mythical matchup in my head really..Just a thread discussion to see how people think Matthyse would fare against an aging welterweight and future hall of famer, who can still punch and has never been yet stopped. Not that it has to be taken all that seriously but all the hype of Matthyse's destructive power had me think of this matchup. Like I said. It is obvious the ring is going to have to retire Mosley because he has a name and will get some fights. Just wondering if a guy like Matthyse could vanquish Mosely like he did Peterson. IN PERSPECTIVE.. MATTHYSE HAS A STYLE that can see the rightly timed punch put him down and out. He is not unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination.
The Original MrFactor
Mosley/Matthysse is a solid matchup. Mosley has become a gateway guy. I'd actually like to still see Mosley/Judah. Call it the battle of the gateway. I would like to see Matthysse/Garcia before any Mosley catchup though.
neophyte7
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 25 2013, 05:09 PM) *
Mosley/Matthysse is a solid matchup. Mosley has become a gateway guy. I'd actually like to still see Mosley/Judah. Call it the battle of the gateway. I would like to see Matthysse/Garcia before any Mosley catchup though.

Battle of the gateway sounds real.... Mosley and Judah are names that are still fighting formidably. I mean Shane has one helluva chin and I am sure some of these young brawlers do not want to take the risk at beating him for the reward of his name on their resume. I mean, Shane has never been stopped and whoever does so if they can will probably end his career. I mean Matthyse can stay at 140 yet he if he wants to come to 147 and make an instant Splash he can come and end Mosley's career and demand whatever he wanted. If I was his team and I knew he could still bring power to 147, I would get a bout with Shane on upcoming under card- brutally KO Shane and then call out Mayweather
Cshel86
At this point, I'm just hoping that somebody retires Mosley for chrissake. I'm just tired of his nose, fat cheeks, jheri curl, weak trash talk, and willingness to whore himself out for another payday.
BoxingEinstein

Ingenius marketing strategy and match up idea for Matthysse neophyte. A KO win over a legend with a iron bar chin would push him at the near top at 147. I think his power still carries as he weighs more than the likes of Floyd on fight night. Mosley loves to bang, Lucas kills guys who loves to bang, and I say why not? Goldenboy would be wise to set this up when/if Lucas moves up to welter. If Lucas KO's Mosley he would scare the welters even more than now.
neophyte7
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 25 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Ingenius marketing strategy and match up idea for Matthysse neophyte. A KO win over a legend with a iron bar chin would push him at the near top at 147. I think his power still carries as he weighs more than the likes of Floyd on fight night. Mosley loves to bang, Lucas kills guys who loves to bang, and I say why not? Goldenboy would be wise to set this up when/if Lucas moves up to welter. If Lucas KO's Mosley he would scare the welters even more than now.

agree.gif
checkleft
Please don't do this to shane. Funny thing is my friend offered up the same idea after we watched the cano fight. Mosley is a old good vet who's in need of some cash, please put him in there with some lighter punchers and let him make some money lol. Id rather he retire with his chin in tact

The winner of broner/paulie makes more sense for him. More money less risk
neophyte7
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 26 2013, 01:32 AM) *
Please don't do this to shane. Funny thing is my friend offered up the same idea after we watched the cano fight. Mosley is a old good vet who's in need of some cash, please put him in there with some lighter punchers and let him make some money lol. Id rather he retire with his chin in tact

The winner of broner/paulie makes more sense for him. More money less risk

Mosley was not steam rolled by Pac man... Matthyse lost to Judah. Mosely at this stage is more of live dog than Judah who keeps getting shots at top guys.. I understan Matthyse is now being worshipped as God after destroying Peterson but I would give Shane a good shot at checking his chin
checkleft

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 26 2013, 09:16 AM) *
Mosley was not steam rolled by Pac man... Matthyse lost to Judah. Mosely at this stage is more of live dog than Judah who keeps getting shots at top guys.. I understan Matthyse is now being worshipped as God after destroying Peterson but I would give Shane a good shot at checking his chin

There is no god talk bro, Idk where that came from. Mosley just barely got by cano who isn't very good at all, in a fight he was hurt in multiple times by a guy who isn't even a big puncher. Don't forget morales stopped this kid what two fights ago?

I'm not saying it wouldn't make for a decent fight but Mosley has better options

mrchitown
I wouldn't want to see it but if it did happen there's no way I can see Shane winning this fight, Lucas takes him on points IMO
sduck
I would like to see this. I think Mosley still has something left in him to give Matthysse a hell of a fight. I think Matthysse would definitely come on top, but it'd be a good fight definitely.
neophyte7
QUOTE (sduck @ May 26 2013, 05:50 PM) *
I would like to see this. I think Mosley still has something left in him to give Matthysse a hell of a fight. I think Matthysse would definitely come on top, but it'd be a good fight definitely.

Yes.. me too. After watching Matthyse fight cautiously against Zab (my mind is weaker than Mosley's) Judah... I have no doubt Shane could give this guy hell. It would be a great fight if Matthyse came to bang. It would answer all the 147 questions.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 25 2013, 10:10 PM) *

Then the Floyd faithful will ask, well why doesnt Floyd get any credit for dominating Mosley? Personally, I did give him credit for that win. It was a solid win.
neophyte7
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 27 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Then the Floyd faithful will ask, well why doesnt Floyd get any credit for dominating Mosley? Personally, I did give him credit for that win. It was a solid win.

Of course it was. Shane vaquished Margarito and loads of people were saying he was a threat to rock the world of mayweather--Shane put a hurting on Margarito and for that earns my eternal respect. He was tremendous that night. He bombed Margarito the hell out of there!!! That is what can happen is Shane is able to touch you repeatedly with power shots...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 27 2013, 05:20 PM) *

Lmao! Floyd is and will always be hold to a sacred and too high of an expectation than other boxers. The man is simply too good to be held on average levels of what to expect with current fighters. Fuck the Floyd faithfuls they are part of what's wrong with boxing, and I gave Floyd tons of credit for beating Shane like that. It was one of the best wins in Floyd's career and I actually thought Shane was going to KO him because of his speed and power. Shane came off the best win of his career in utterly destroying The Tijuana Tornado who is known for having a cement chin, stopping Sergio Martinez, and never being KO'd.

That was the night Floyd shut all his critics, but of course Floyd is held to a specific level so no matter who he beats there will always be an excuse.

I hope this match up happens early next year if Lucas beats Danny.
checkleft
So you guys would rather watch this fight if Lucas goes to welter when he can fight maidana?? There are bigger fish to fry is what I'm saying. I don't think Mosley has enough left for a strong dude like Lucas, he can probably do better against a guy like RG.
neophyte7
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 28 2013, 01:28 AM) *
So you guys would rather watch this fight if Lucas goes to welter when he can fight maidana?? There are bigger fish to fry is what I'm saying. I don't think Mosley has enough left for a strong dude like Lucas, he can probably do better against a guy like RG.

Well, it would be interesting. People are calling for Shane to hang em up so why not put him in there with this guy who now people feel is a real killer... If Matthyse is what people say he is Mosley will be vanquished. I myself don't think matthyse can get Mosley out of there. Lamont Peterson looked like an emaciated crackhead and he has taken punishment over his career.. I am not putting to much stock into that destruction. He did not do that to Judah who a lot of people felt could not even handle Peterson in a match. Some believe Matthyse's power will carry up to welter weight--- this fight makes sense to me. But sure Mosely could fight Guererro, Berto, Ortiz...

Mattyse did not blitz Judah because of Judah's power and he outweighed Judah by about 10 pounds. I bet Matthyse would think twice before trying to run up in Mosley too because of that power. If Mosley lowered the boom on Matthyse like he did Mayweather It would be interesting to see if Matthyse could hang on or get KTFO...
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 25 2013, 10:09 AM) *
If Matthyse eradicates Mosley in quick fashion--- a mayweather fight is there

Mosely can still crack and I would like his chances in this fight. Let's see if Matthyse can steam roll Mosely like he did to Peterson

I highly doubt it, SSM isn't the ticket to getting a fight with Floyd, he has to beat a JMM/TB or Alexander type at WW before getting a shot against Floyd.

Forget Shane, despite his win he is still old news.
daprofessor
i'd much rather see mosley fight maidana.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 28 2013, 01:50 PM) *

I think he would have more success in a fight like this. Maidana is a much wider punchers
neophyte7
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 28 2013, 02:50 PM) *

even at this stage he has a speed advantage over Maidana and would land a high % of power shots... good scrap I would also love to see.. I am not saying Mosley is all that but he has a name.. he is a lock hall of famer that has never been KOD and is still in the mix until someone beats him into retirement. He still makes for exciting fights with guys not named mayweather, canelo... against any of these other cats he is a live dog with a punchers chance. Anyone of the current top guys at 147 who can KO Mosley could definitely call out mayweather immediately afterward on the strength of just that alone...
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 28 2013, 02:04 PM) *
even at this stage he has a speed advantage over Maidana and would land a high % of power shots... good scrap I would also love to see.. I am not saying Mosley is all that but he has a name.. he is a lock hall of famer that has never been KOD and is still in the mix until someone beats him into retirement. He still makes for exciting fights with guys not named mayweather, canelo... against any of these other cats he is a live dog with a punchers chance. Anyone of the current top guys at 147 who can KO Mosley could definitely call out mayweather immediately afterward on the strength of just that alone...

i agree.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.