Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HB0@6PM(ET)/3PM(PT) LIVE: Froch-Kessler II-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Catch all the action in our on-going round-by-round and post-fight assessments today on HBO for the Froch-Kessler rematch! Please keep everything in this thread. Note the early start times. This is LIVE from London! Enjoy the fight!

Jack

Administrator
mgrover
somebodies going to win, and somebodies going to lose.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 25 2013, 03:15 PM) *
somebodies going to win, and somebodies going to lose.

...And if it ends in a draw?

mgrover
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 25 2013, 08:24 PM) *
...And if it ends in a draw?

am wrong.
Cshel86
I'll go against the grain and predict a TKO in favor of Kessler, maybe before the 6th round.

I say that because I believe that Froch's pre-fight bravado and threats are more deep-rooted than we're led to believe. Froch gets wild when he's in front of a guy that he knows he can hit.

I'm not saying that Kessler's just THAT hittable when in front of Froch, but maybe Froch feels that he can pick up where he left off, as if Kessler isn't ready to make even adjustments.

Let's put it this way, Forch cant afford to look bad, whether it's a war or not. With that in mind, Kessler has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. As someone mentioned in the previous prediction thread, Kessler is shop worn, and on top of that, he can fight as ugly as he wants and look just as bad...nobody's expecting anything special from him.

Forch on the other hand has more opportunities in front of him, if he can manage to get past Kessler. You know...a Pascal rematch, a Bute rematch, a possible Ward rematch, amongst other fights.

Kessler steals this one from Froch.
mgrover
round 1 froch
Cshel86
Round 1 for Kessler...he caught Froch in his wild moment. Dammit isn't Froch a tough dude. Lol
Cshel86
Kessler is real calm in there

Nevermind...Kessler just got hurt for a second there.
mgrover
round 2 froch, how did kessler actually get hurt?
Cshel86
Froch clearly took round 2. Dude is tough.

Why isnt Kessler working behind his jab to get inside? This semi-lunging stuff is bothering me a bit.
Cshel86
3rd round clearly goes to Froch. What I can is, Kessler is doubling up on his jab while moving inside. Froch is tough motherfucker. Kessler better not be shutting down on me, lol.

Those ugly wild ass hooks of Froch's are holding court right now.
jtiizzle
froch got this
Cshel86
Froch was cool as a whistle with his jab in the 4th. laugh.gif

He could've possibly won that round on jabs alone. Kessler did attempt to pick up the pace though.
Cshel86
I HAD Kessler winning the 5th due to his left hooks and working behind his jab, but he DID allow Froch to impose his will in the last 30 seconds or so. That round could be up in the air.
Gambit808
Kessler finding something
mgrover
4-2
Cshel86
I'm not the smartest man in the world and Im damn sure not the dumbest, but it seems like that low blow left from Kessler was planned. He landed a HARD left hook on Froch afterwards. His biggest downfall will be "not doing enough", if he doesn't finish Froch this evening.

Kessler is doing himself no justice by not following up on Froch when he lands cleanly. Who did yall give the 6th round to???
Cshel86
Froch's jab is getting a bit lazy...Kessler needs to counter over it.
mgrover
5-2
Cshel86
Oooooweeee!!! The last 20 seconds of the 7th round was nasty! I think Froch pulled it off.
Gambit808
This is a scrap here
mgrover
round Froch but he looks tired.
Cshel86
Round 8 was NOT for children! Jesus!

These are some bad motherfuckers! If Froch couldn't stop stop Kessler with those hooks in the 8th, then he may have to fight til the final bell. Kessler caught Froch coming in with an overhand right.

LMAO at Froch's nasty distant uppercut that hasn't landed yet. This dude throws that shit with conviction. laugh.gif
scdrking2
Kessler there and he is game, but he has to let it loose. This is a good ass fight.
mgrover
close round give it kessler
Cshel86
Who did yall give the 9th to? Kessler seems to be rolling with some of those Froch hooks, but sheesh. Kessler needs to sit on some of those punches, because Froch has left himself open in a few spots...more so mid round.
scdrking2
Froch is taking all these rounds on emotion and activity.
Cshel86
Kessler still isn't doing enough...or maybe he waited too late to do something.
Cshel86
Nevermind...Froch's is almost on queer street....
Cshel86
I'll stick to my recent statement in saying that Kessler did great, late. Now that the judges see Froch looking "not so good" in the late rounds (especially 11), I'm sure some of those early card scores have changed in favor of Froch...that's if they already haven't been in filled in. Lol
Cshel86
Did that jackass ref ALMOST stop the fight? What a shit brake. no2.gif
mgrover
8-4 froch
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 25 2013, 07:19 PM) *
8-4 froch

Agreed
Hotsauce
I had it 7-5 froch
mgrover
there were some fairly close rounds tbh, I couldnt argue with 7-5
Jack 1000
I had it 8-3-1 for Froch. He just did more all around. Kessler at times was good with accuracy, but he didn't throw enough.

Jack
mgrover
Froch has clearly started to pick it up early but his late game is suffering. He needs to be a 12 round fighter. Better conditioning. Am surprised people aren't running to the Mayweathers for S&C advice
mrchitown
It was a good fight, but Kessler really disappointed me, when the guy threw punches he was successful, I think Lennox Lewis' assessment of Kessler's performance was spot on when he said Kessler "didn't have the heart for it". H e was gun shy he just couldn't pull the trigger. I give Froch all the credit for going in there and performing the way he did, he was tattoing Kessler and there were times when I thought Mikel would go down but he didn't...with that said I see L's in Froch's future, if he fights Bernard he's going to get pasted and he'll never be half the man that Ward is in the ring, hell I still think Dirrell's inactive ass could beat him. He has problems with those types of fighters
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 25 2013, 06:19 PM) *

That was ridiculous, Kessler was fighting back too, that ref let Froch get away with a lot of stuff, like the holding and hitting and the hitting behind the head
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 25 2013, 06:19 PM) *

Shit! What round(s) did that happen? I did not see evidence of a close stoppage. The ref was Pete Pedroski out of Chicago. Not experienced enough IMO for a big fight like that.

Jack
sduck
Missed the fight, but props to Froch on his victory and I'd like to see Carl Froch get a rematch with either Andre Ward or Andre Dirrell, or fight the old man Hopkins.
mgrover
Virgil Hunter said he saw it a draw...
Franchize
Good fight. Froch turned the tables and wanted the fight more than Kessler this time around. The exact opposite of the first fight. I was impressed with the improvement in Kessler's head movement and attention to defense. His balance however is absolutely atrocious. May be the worst I've seen in a while. The late great Manny Steward would work wonders in his training camp. Froch just overwhelmed Kessler with his work rate and heart. Ironically, Froch has been winning his last fights by looking like Joe Calzaghe...who he seems to hate lol. Nothing about that fight however made me think he should fight Ward again. I think Ward will put it on him even worse.
checkleft
Ward said after he beats froch he wants calzhage lol
The Original MrFactor
This was agreat fight. Its very satisfying to see two top guys in their prime fighting eachother. Not only are they both in the top 3 of their division, they are both very evenly matched guys. Like Canelo/Trout, its a treat to see this type of fight. Both of these guys left something in that ring the other night. It was much more of a war than their 1st fight. Froch is a beast. Kessler, I think is closer to the tail end of his prime than Froch is. I though Froch won at least 8 rounds to 4. I would love to see them do it again. Initially, I rerally didnt want to see Ward/Froch II, because I thought Andre was so dominant the first time. Now, I wouldnt mind seeing it at all. What of the talk of Froch fighting Hopkins next?? Wouldnt mind seeing that too.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 27 2013, 11:34 AM) *
Ward said after he beats froch he wants calzhage lol

Ward trying to put all their fighters to sleep I see lol...Froch has options but to me his safest one is Kessler, if he fights Hopkins or Ward, he'll get dominated IMO
Hotsauce
ward beats froch again
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 26 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Shit! What round(s) did that happen? I did not see evidence of a close stoppage. The ref was Pete Pedroski out of Chicago. Not experienced enough IMO for a big fight like that.

Jack

It was one of the late rounds that Froch hurt Kessler a bit...could've easily been the 12th round, since Kessler had his way with Froch in the 11th i believe. I mean the motherf*cker was in position to stop it, as if Kessler had nothing to offer in return. He was slipping punches and all. Weird stuff, but I know for sure that I would've lost it, had he stopped it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 26 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Virgil Hunter said he saw it a draw...

probably was...i've heard that it was close from ppl's whose opinions i value.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.