Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better Chance to win Rios over Pac, Saul over May or Garcia over Mathysse
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
As I am reading other messages boards comments on these three fights I notice a pattern:

Rios vs. Pac= Rios has no chance in this fight and Manny will make him quit. Rios would basically have little to no chance of even hurting Manny

Saul vs. May= Mayweather is scared of Saul which is why he wants the fight at 147 (even though he has never said that) and that Saul would knock May out with his hand speed foot works. Saul has accomplished more at the age of 21 than Mayweather did at that age.

Garcia vs. Lucas M= Garcia would box Lucas's head off.

Of all three fights I think Garcia has a chance of winning. Saul has a punchers chance and a BIG weight advantage and that could be very useful to him. As far as Rios and Pac that is a toss up. I have no idea. What I do not like about fans on this fight is that they are underestimating Rios and assume Pac is still the Pac of Cotto.

What do yawl think, who has a greater chance to win out of the three fight?
mitukczuk
Rios vs Pac - Depends on Pac's style....will he be gun shy? Will he play it safe because of the outcome of his last fight? (Question is..can he fight safe?)...If Rios appliessolid pressure, pins Manny on the rops where hes been quite vulnerable + he tightens his d, hes got more than a puncher's chance.

Saul vs Money - Supposedly the most dangerous opponent X calls out Floyd, X and Floyd fight, Floyd dominates. I am tired of this patern...I want to see them fight in May 2014 but Floyd has been kicking young asses too long for me to doubt his victory ever again. No matter the weight, division or whatever....

Garcia vs Lucas - I want to see this fight!! I don't think Garcia possesses enough boxing ability to box Lucas's head off...it will be a war...and I think Lucas will come out victorious.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 29 2013, 05:57 AM) *
Rios vs Pac - Depends on Pac's style....will he be gun shy? Will he play it safe because of the outcome of his last fight? (Question is..can he fight safe?)...If Rios appliessolid pressure, pins Manny on the rops where hes been quite vulnerable + he tightens his d, hes got more than a puncher's chance.

Saul vs Money - Supposedly the most dangerous opponent X calls out Floyd, X and Floyd fight, Floyd dominates. I am tired of this patern...I want to see them fight in May 2014 but Floyd has been kicking young asses too long for me to doubt his victory ever again. No matter the weight, division or whatever....

Garcia vs Lucas - I want to see this fight!! I don't think Garcia possesses enough boxing ability to box Lucas's head off...it will be a war...and I think Lucas will come out victorious.

So the only question mark fight would be Pac and Rios. I concur, I have no idea how that fight plays out. It will be a mystery.

Saul doesn't have the ring IQ and sadly he is believing his own hype but confidence is a good thing.

Lucas and Danny is will be amazing.
leonthegee
I have them in this order and for these reasons. Garcia vs Matthysse, Rios vs Manny, and then Canelo vs Floyd.

Garcia proved that hes not just a left hooker. He was able to land his right in various ways against Zab. He threw the straight right, he counter punched with it, and he was able to land the over hand right. He needs to land that right hand early and often to win. You dont hook with a hooker.

Now one thing I like about Rios, even though hes a human punching bag, is he throws punches with his opponent. As opposed to someone like Berto who mostly covers up and fires back after you get your shots off. He needs to land a combonation in the middle of Mannys flury of punches. If he does that theres a good chance he can stop Manny.

Now Canelo has a size advantage, but hes not the pressure type fighter that most Mexican warriors are. And I dont think he has the stamina to fight 12 hard rounds with Floyd. Now he does have a punchers chance do to his power, but I dont think he can land enough telling blows to win the fight.
daprofessor
pac, floyd and garcia.
Plah
Pac KO
Floyd UD
Lucas KO
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 29 2013, 01:49 PM) *
pac, floyd and garcia.

Please explain. How do you see these fights going?
mgrover
Pac - maybe, there's just too many maybes but if he gets back to top conditioning with Ariza and working hard he'll win.
Mayweather - he might be stunned in this fight here or there since you know the guys 170lbs. But that may make Canelo very sluggish
No idea.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 05:10 PM) *
Please explain. How do you see these fights going?

pac is going to ktfo rios. maybe inside 5 rounds...

floyd is going to school canelo and cruise to a ud.

garcia is going to be in a shoot out. i think everyone, including matthysse is selling him short...and lucas is going to sleep off a counter punch.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 29 2013, 03:20 PM) *

garcia is going to be in a shoot out. i think everyone, including matthysse is selling him short...and lucas is going to sleep off a counter punch.

Wow!
sduck
Hmm, I seem to agree with daprofessor most the time.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 29 2013, 06:20 PM) *

That's a bold prediction
Franchize
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Canelo might have the best shot at victory. Brandon Rios is a smaller version of Magarito IMO. If Manny can't beat a guy tailor made for him, he should just retire. Matthysse probably is the favorite going into a fight with Garcia, but that fight could very well come down to who gets off first. I think with Floyd, Alvarez is the toughest opponent on the table. It may be the toughest fight of his career. I know a lot of people feel that Canelo hasn't proved anything so he's going to get schooled. I'm not sure of that. Canelo is fast. He'll outweigh Floyd by like 30 lbs on fight night. He throws vicious combinations. I also think he's a smarter fighter than most people give him credit for. Floyd isn't a volume puncher, so I don't think Canelo's weight will be as much a factor as people think. Call it a hunch, but I think this is going to be a rough night for Floyd.
neophyte7
[quote name='Franchize' date='May 30 2013, 08:40 AM' post='582673']
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Canelo might have the best shot at victory.

neither can I..Lmao.. aggressive.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 29 2013, 06:20 PM) *

Yes people are sleeping on Garcia. I doubt he's gonna fight as nervous as lamont looked that boy oozes confidence, both guys are gonna be in "sleep territory" during exchanges because both like to fire off in the middle of fire. I'm interested to see garcias game plan tho, because even when matthysse has been boxed he has managed to hurt and drop his opponent every time. And we haven't seen either guy REALLY hurt before or even dropped, I think this is gonna be foty.... But I ain't sleeping on jmm Bradley tho!!!!
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 30 2013, 07:07 AM) *
Yes people are sleeping on Garcia. I doubt he's gonna fight as nervous as lamont looked that boy oozes confidence, both guys are gonna be in "sleep territory" during exchanges because both like to fire off in the middle of fire. I'm interested to see garcias game plan tho, because even when matthysse has been boxed he has managed to hurt and drop his opponent every time. And we haven't seen either guy REALLY hurt before or even dropped, I think this is gonna be foty.... But I ain't sleeping on jmm Bradley tho!!!!

The fight of the year candidate will probably Rios and Manny, if it lives up to its expectation. Garcia may get dropped, I think Lucas has a tough chin so maybe he can walk through Danny's punches. It will be a heck of a fight, I still like Lucas in this fight, either by a close UD or a knock out. Angel is not going to let his son take punishment. Mark my words the winner of this Match has a date with mayweather on the 5th of May next year.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 30 2013, 02:31 AM) *
That's a bold prediction

is it? i don't think so. i think in retrospect ppl are going to realize that they bought into the hype with matthysse and they severely underestimated garcia's abilities. go back and watch the khan/garcia fight. if u listen to the commentary, they were making it like khan was whoopin garcias ass and there was nothing he could do. the way i saw it...garcia was with him every step of the way and was zeroing in on his shots. khans right hand was landing...but garcia was rolling with it for the most part and countering or throwing with him almost every single time khan let lose. there's no doubt that khan had the speed advantage...but garcia seemed to land the harder/better shots imo. lucas isn't as fast as khan so it's going to be easier for garcia to see those shots coming and time his counters. he's good with both hands. unlike matthysse's last few opponents who had anywhere from a 34% to 47% ko ratio....danny is a legit puncher at the weight who started at 147 and came down to 140lb. he has a 61% ko ratio. he'll be the bigger/stronger guy in the ring.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 30 2013, 09:07 AM) *

i agree. definitely a foty candidate. this is probably the fight that i am anticipating the most. jmm/bradley is a close second....with floyd/canelo coming in at the 3rd spot. rigondeaux/mares would shake things up.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 30 2013, 03:13 PM) *
is it? i don't think so. i think in retrospect ppl are going to realize that they bought into the hype with matthysse and they severely underestimated garcia's abilities. go back and watch the khan/garcia fight. if u listen to the commentary, they were making it like khan was whoopin garcias ass and there was nothing he could do. the way i saw it...garcia was with him every step of the way and was zeroing in on his shots. khans right hand was landing...but garcia was rolling with it for the most part and countering or throwing with him almost every single time khan let lose. there's no doubt that khan had the speed advantage...but garcia seemed to land the harder/better shots imo. lucas isn't as fast as khan so it's going to be easier for garcia to see those shots coming and time his counters. he's good with both hands. unlike matthysse's last few opponents who had anywhere from a 34% to 47% ko ratio....danny is a legit puncher at the weight who started at 147 and came down to 140lb. he has a 61% ko ratio. he'll be the bigger/stronger guy in the ring.

That's what I said lol....I think some are falling in love with the KO's by Matthysse, it's going to be a good fight and for me it's a pick'em fight...I'm really going to enjoy it but I see a lot of people are already looking past the fight and crowning Lucas the victor, it will not be an easy night for either one of them
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 30 2013, 07:40 AM) *
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think Canelo might have the best shot at victory. Brandon Rios is a smaller version of Magarito IMO. If Manny can't beat a guy tailor made for him, he should just retire. Matthysse probably is the favorite going into a fight with Garcia, but that fight could very well come down to who gets off first. I think with Floyd, Alvarez is the toughest opponent on the table. It may be the toughest fight of his career. I know a lot of people feel that Canelo hasn't proved anything so he's going to get schooled. I'm not sure of that. Canelo is fast. He'll outweigh Floyd by like 30 lbs on fight night. He throws vicious combinations. I also think he's a smarter fighter than most people give him credit for. Floyd isn't a volume puncher, so I don't think Canelo's weight will be as much a factor as people think. Call it a hunch, but I think this is going to be a rough night for Floyd.

I think he has quick reflexes, there's a difference, I think he has some good speed..but I agree that his ring IQ is a bit underrated..but that stamina and even when he's not tired he gets hit with shots that an amateur shouldn't even get hit with. He's facing an elite fighter, and he has glaring holes in his game. I'm not saying he can't win but I doubt he pulls it off
BrutUalBK
Garcia has the best chance to outbox Lucas, as long as he stays off the ropes and out of the exchanges he can use movement and pull it off.
checkleft
I'm actually starting to think that boxing would be canelos biggest chance to land something meaningful. He simply doesn't have the stamina to pressure Floyd for a long time and he sits on everything he throws so him missing will just gas him out even faster. And Floyd almost always gets caught by guys who are trying to box him, Judah, corley, cotto with his jab, Mosley. These guys all landed their shots by boxing, and canelo has the pop to land something very hard, I'm thinking jab or feint to the body and right hand over the top just like Mosley would be his best bet.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 31 2013, 01:31 PM) *
I'm actually starting to think that boxing would be canelos biggest chance to land something meaningful. He simply doesn't have the stamina to pressure Floyd for a long time and he sits on everything he throws so him missing will just gas him out even faster. And Floyd almost always gets caught by guys who are trying to box him, Judah, corley, cotto with his jab, Mosley. These guys all landed their shots by boxing, and canelo has the pop to land something very hard, I'm thinking jab or feint to the body and right hand over the top just like Mosley would be his best bet.

cotto had some success boxing. it's clear canelo will only make himself more vulnerable if he tries to take the fight to floyd. he's not going to outbox floyd. he doesn't have the reflexes or speed to hang with floyd. honestly...i can't see this fight going well for canelo at all. the only saving grace is that he is young...and there is no shame in losing to floyd at this point in his career. he'll bounce back after this loss.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 31 2013, 12:40 PM) *
cotto had some success boxing. it's clear canelo will only make himself more vulnerable if he tries to take the fight to floyd. he's not going to outbox floyd. he doesn't have the reflexes or speed to hang with floyd. honestly...i can't see this fight going well for canelo at all. the only saving grace is that he is young...and there is no shame in losing to floyd at this point in his career. he'll bounce back after this loss.

If he fights Floyd and loses that means he has no excuse to fight the real 154 -160 fighters! So he may take more L's on his record then what happens to his career. If he beats Floyd, then he really has to take on top competition and if he loses then what? This fight is a blessing and a curse, he can only face top competition. He has to.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 31 2013, 04:53 PM) *
If he fights Floyd and loses that means he has no excuse to fight the real 154 -160 fighters! So he may take more L's on his record then what happens to his career. If he beats Floyd, then he really has to take on top competition and if he loses then what? This fight is a blessing and a curse, he can only face top competition. He has to.

if canelo can beat floyd...sky is the limit. i actually think he can beat most at 154. i thought he loss to trout....but i can see him beating vanes, lara, molina, k-9, cotto, kirkland and angulo.
hitman
pacquiao should beat up rios badly but we have no idea how he's gonna be. if he's not ready for war we might see another jones/johnson.

floyd will outbox canelo.

matthysse/garcia is the most even fight. i favor lucas but would not surprised at all if garcia pulls it off.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 31 2013, 03:52 PM) *
if canelo can beat floyd...sky is the limit. i actually think he can beat most at 154. i thought he loss to trout....but i can see him beating vanes, lara, molina, k-9, cotto, kirkland and angulo.

I don't see him beating Lara. So who you picking for the 14?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.