Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Manny Pacquiao A B Level Fighter?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Dolimite
Before I even begin my thought on the topic let me make this disclaimer: I think Manny is a great bawler but not boxer I do not dislike Manny but I HATE his fans, especially the disillusioned ones.

Looking at overall boxing skills Manny Pacquiao has a lot left to be desired. He doesn't know how to turn his opponent, he has no idea how to roll a punch and his jab makes me want to scream. His foot work is so so and his ring IQ is average at best. He doesn't have a game plan when it comes to boxing against boxers but looks spectacular against brawlers. I actually because a fan of Manny's after his fight with Macro Antonio Barrera. I was amazed how heavy handed he was. Then after seeing him fight I realized that he was a pure slugger and saw his opponents and thought "wait a second, this guy has yet to fight a boxer." When he did finally fought a boxer I was amazed to see how much he lacks in boxing skills. His fights with Juan Manuel and Clottely proved to me that he can not handle or does not know how to box, this proved especially true with Bradley. Again Manny is a great slugger but boxer I would say he is a B level fighter. A complete fighter can do it all. Sergio Martinez, Ward, Dawson, Hopkins, Mikey Garcia, Mares, Mayweather, and the list goes on. I just do not see Manny as a boxer, I see him as pure homerun hitter.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 03:57 PM) *
Before I even begin my thought on the topic let me make this disclaimer: I think Manny is a great bawler but not boxer I do not dislike Manny but I HATE his fans, especially the disillusioned ones.

Looking at overall boxing skills Manny Pacquiao has a lot left to be desired. He doesn't know how to turn his opponent, he has no idea how to roll a punch and his jab makes me want to scream. His foot work is so so and his ring IQ is average at best. He doesn't have a game plan when it comes to boxing against boxers but looks spectacular against brawlers. I actually because a fan of Manny's after his fight with Macro Antonio Barrera. I was amazed how heavy handed he was. Then after seeing him fight I realized that he was a pure slugger and saw his opponents and thought "wait a second, this guy has yet to fight a boxer." When he did finally fought a boxer I was amazed to see how much he likes in boxing skills. His fights with Juan Manuel and Clottely proved to me that he can not handle or does not know how to box, this proved especially true with Bradley. Again Manny is a great slugger but boxer I would say he is a B level fighter. A complete fighter can do it all. Sergio Martinez, Ward, Dawson, Hopkins, Mikey Garcia, Mares, Mayweather, and the list goes on. I just do not see Manny as a boxer, I see him as pure homerun hitter.

he's a volume puncher. or was.
KOpower
He is one of the greats of his era. This is like the guy crying about how Mayweather doesnt knock people out.
MaxPayne
This is the FIGHT game.

Just because a fighter doesn't fight a certain way or have the most polished technique, doesn't mean that they're not a great boxer.

There's a huge difference between someone lacking pure boxing skills and not being a great boxer.

Muhammad Ali and Jack Johnson committed one of the cardinal sins of defense throughout their careers by snapping their heads backward to avoid punches. Any purist would immediately scoff at such displays. However, they were good enough to get away with it.

For years, Pacquiao's hand speed and power has been so great that he's been able to get away with lunging and leaving his feet when going after the other guy. That sort of thing is bound to catch up with you in time.

It doesn't make him not great, as a boxer.
Jack 1000
No,

His dominance and moving up in weight is far too good to be a B-level fighter. All I could say would be that movers troubled him. I think people have to define a B-level fighter. That's someone who fights some good fighters, may be entertaining, but either can't handle the A-grade fighters, or goes into survival mode against A-grade fighters. I would say examples of this would be Hector Camacho Sr, Vinny Pazienzia and Arturo Gatti. All good fighters, but they struggled against the very best, the differential that separates the A and B grade for these fighters. Manny's better than Paz, Camacho or Gatti if you use this standard.

Jack
mex4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 09:57 AM) *

Looking at overall boxing skills Manny Pacquiao has a lot left to be desired. He doesn't know how to turn his opponent, he has no idea how to roll a punch and his jab makes me want to scream. His foot work is so so and his ring IQ is average at best. He doesn't have a game plan when it comes to boxing against boxers but looks spectacular against brawlers. I actually because a fan of Manny's after his fight with Macro Antonio Barrera. I was amazed how heavy handed he was. Then after seeing him fight I realized that he was a pure slugger and saw his opponents and thought "wait a second, this guy has yet to fight a boxer." When he did finally fought a boxer I was amazed to see how much he likes in boxing skills. His fights with Juan Manuel and Clottely proved to me that he can not handle or does not know how to box, this proved especially true with Bradley. Again Manny is a great slugger but boxer I would say he is a B level fighter. A complete fighter can do it all. Sergio Martinez, Ward, Dawson, Hopkins, Mikey Garcia, Mares, Mayweather, and the list goes on. I just do not see Manny as a boxer, I see him as pure homerun hitter.

question...do you wipe mayweather's ass?
daprofessor
pacquiao's accomplishment at 130 and below qualify him as one of the best of this era.

wins over barerra, morales and marquez are very high quality wins. he's a hall of famer.
jtiizzle
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 07:57 AM) *

This is some hater s*it. i'm no pac fan but real recognize real he is no bum or B-level fighter. He is a one of the top 4 welterweight even after being knocked out. i hate when people make it seem like he is just a brawler the dude is a freak athlete he was crushing guys and too be real had people shaking in there boots.
Dolimite
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ May 29 2013, 02:38 PM) *
This is some hater s*it. i'm no pac fan but real recognize real he is no bum or B-level fighter. He is a one of the top 4 welterweight even after being knocked out. i hate when people make it seem like he is just a brawler the dude is a freak athlete he was crushing guys and too be real had people shaking in there boots.

I'm not a hater and I think he was good for boxing when he was doing his thing, I just do not see him as being this great fighter. I know he is a hall of fame boxer and will be but an ATG hell no. The lower weights he was amazing but the weight advantages he had over his opponents and the questionable dive Clottely took leaves holes in his resume. Again I think he is a great brawler but boxer, no.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 11:08 PM) *
I'm not a hater and I think he was good for boxing when he was doing his thing, I just do not see him as being this great fighter. I know he is a hall of fame boxer and will be but an ATG hell no. The lower weights he was amazing but the weight advantages he had over his opponents and the questionable dive Clottely took leaves holes in his resume. Again I think he is a great brawler but boxer, no.

I don't get it, see if anybody bitches after losing there a sore loser, but if Pacs opponent does it, it was fixed? Yeah I watched the interview, seemed like he was sore, either way he either sold out or got outclassed.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mex4life @ May 29 2013, 11:03 AM) *
question...do you wipe mayweather's ass?

Seriously? Answer the fuckin question without turning this into a Mayweather vs. Pac war. Go to boxing scene if you want that type of debate. This is why I hate Pacquiao to an extent, you can't question him without this type of bullshit. Grow up son.

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 29 2013, 03:18 PM) *
I don't get it, see if anybody bitches after losing there a sore loser, but if Pacs opponent does it, it was fixed? Yeah I watched the interview, seemed like he was sore, either way he either sold out or got outclassed.

I am actually going off an interview he gave months after the fight, he said something on the lines that he was asked to take a dive. Now whether his words got mixed in translation, I have no idea, but that is what I was basing that comment on. Personally, diving for a boxing match can be tricky, which is why I think it is not done as often but shit who knows.
sduck
I would say an A- fighter.
mrwigi
We will have to wait and see how he looks over his next few fights to make that decision. I've never been a fan of Pac, but when he does hang em up, he will be remembered as a GREAT fighter. And nothing less.
mrchitown
He's not a B-level fighter, not even with the KO at the hands of JMM. I think he can still compete with some of the elite fighters in the game it's jsut styles make fights and he fought against the style that has always proven to be his weak point. The fight with Rios will tell us more about where Pacquiao is at
mex4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 29 2013, 11:45 PM) *
Seriously? Answer the fuckin question without turning this into a Mayweather vs. Pac war. Go to boxing scene if you want that type of debate. This is why I hate Pacquiao to an extent, you can't question him without this type of bullshit. Grow up son.

I am actually going off an interview he gave months after the fight, he said something on the lines that he was asked to take a dive. Now whether his words got mixed in translation, I have no idea, but that is what I was basing that comment on. Personally, diving for a boxing match can be tricky, which is why I think it is not done as often but shit who knows.

you grow up you clown i am not refering to may vs pac...idiot...did i say something about that?eat your own crap you ass, then dont go to a post involving pac...what a dummy
un01
As of right now, we have no idea what level Manny can perform at. No one knows how much the KO took away, but if we're going on his body of work, then, no, he is not a B-level fighter.

Catchweight or not, those were very impressive wins against top quality opponents. Even with the extra advantages he's been given, a b-level fighter wouldn't be able to do what he's done over the past 5 years.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 30 2013, 04:45 AM) *

he said he lost to him because he had to lose that day. word for word. This is after the interviewer batted down his claims about having trouble making weight. I think. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAsV-BhGyMc

the interview in english
Dolimite
QUOTE (mex4life @ May 29 2013, 11:48 PM) *
you grow up you clown i am not refering to may vs pac...idiot...did i say something about that?eat your own crap you ass, then dont go to a post involving pac...what a dummy

You just asked if I wipe Mayweather's ass which has nothing to do with this topic. If you can't answer intelligently I understand. Most people can not. If you notice most comments on this topic gave an educated opinion without name calling and they even gave reasons why they felt the way they did. Again grow up, calling someone names over the internet is soft.

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 30 2013, 04:37 AM) *
he said he lost to him because he had to lose that day. word for word. This is after the interviewer batted down his claims about having trouble making weight. I think. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAsV-BhGyMc

the interview in english

Thank you mgrover! I was looking for this interview. Thanks,
checkleft
I think he's a lot like mike tyson, great entertaining action fighter with a lot of holes in his game but the physical gifts to get away with it. Yea he's not the best technically but neither was Ali, rjj, guys like martinez, naseem, calzhage.. you don't have to be a technical fighter to be.great is the point. If you have the talent to get seats with it and that's how you become successful then more power to ya.

Theres plenty of incredible technical fighters who were never great
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 30 2013, 07:27 AM) *
I think he's a lot like mike tyson, great entertaining action fighter with a lot of holes in his game but the physical gifts to get away with it. Yea he's not the best technically but neither was Ali, rjj, guys like martinez, naseem, calzhage.. you don't have to be a technical fighter to be.great is the point. If you have the talent to get seats with it and that's how you become successful then more power to ya.

Theres plenty of incredible technical fighters who were never great

I can agree with this. So do you think he will be looked at as an ATG or just a good fighter with great athleticism? How do you rate his career? I liked him at the lower weights myself as he moved up I slowly came off Pacquiao.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 29 2013, 12:09 PM) *
He is one of the greats of his era. This is like the guy crying about how Mayweather doesnt knock people out.

I agree but this is in reference to his skill level, honestly I'd rate him as a B overall, a C+ in Defense and an B+in Offense which averages out to a B. He lacks in defense especially when on the attack/leaves himself wide open for shots and gets hit too much IMHO.

He doesn't set traps on offense, on defense he doesn't cage or roll with the punches when he's tagged.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 30 2013, 11:33 AM) *
I can agree with this. So do you think he will be looked at as an ATG or just a good fighter with great athleticism? How do you rate his career? I liked him at the lower weights myself as he moved up I slowly came off Pacquiao.

He's definitely an atg in the lower divisions, him mayweather and Mosley were basically unstoppable in the lighter divisions. He will always be a overrated because of his fan base and the great job TR did of creating his image, but he's a first ballot hofer all the way either way.
pacco_diablo
The most championship belts across the most divisions in the history of professional boxing... definitely an A level fighter. IMO, one of the greats of our era, almost up there with Floyd. Definitely looking forward to seeing his bash with Rios.
daprofessor
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ May 30 2013, 03:32 PM) *
The most championship belts across the most divisions in the history of professional boxing... definitely an A level fighter. IMO, one of the greats of our era, almost up there with Floyd. Definitely looking forward to seeing his bash with Rios.

really doesn't mean much in todays watered down boxing. there are 4 belts per division and that's not counting the bullshit ones they made up. diamond belt? really?
BoxingEinstein

I think Manny is/was a A- level fighter at 130 and below. He would have been A+ for me had he fought Morales' prime conquerer in Raheem instead of a washed up Morales. Nonetheless, he has hall of fame and legendary fighters on his resume. I would say he's a B+/A- fighter above 130. He's one of best volume punchers I ever seen and to his credit had a promoter who matched him up terribly after Cotto. Being KO'd by one of the greatest fighters in boxing history and the 2nd best Mexican fighter in history is no shame on him. Counter punchers and guys who can turn him are his achilles heel.

I guarantee you if he destroys Rios like I believe he will and maybe the first to stop a guy with a granite chin you'll hop on the bandwagon.
If only Manny was a smart businessman he would be a bigger star (possibly) and his resume at above 130 would be better. I always thought he should have stayed at 140 and cleaned the division out. The only guys at the time that could give him a hard time or lose to would be either Bradley or Koltenik.

Matter fact I'm going to make a thread on that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 30 2013, 04:10 PM) *
I think Manny is/was a A- level fighter at 130 and below. He would have been A+ for me had he fought Morales' prime conquerer in Raheem instead of a washed up Morales. Nonetheless, he has hall of fame and legendary fighters on his resume. I would say he's a B+/A- fighter above 130. He's one of best volume punchers I ever seen and to his credit had a promoter who matched him up terribly after Cotto. Being KO'd by one of the greatest fighters in boxing history and the 2nd best Mexican fighter in history is no shame on him. Counter punchers and guys who can turn him are his achilles heel.

I guarantee you if he destroys Rios like I believe he will and maybe the first to stop a guy with a granite chin you'll hop on the bandwagon.
If only Manny was a smart businessman he would be a bigger star (possibly) and his resume at above 130 would be better. I always thought he should have stayed at 140 and cleaned the division out. The only guys at the time that could give him a hard time or lose to would be either Bradley or Koltenik.

Matter fact I'm going to make a thread on that.

arum did right by him by keeping him away from guzman, valero, raheem and guys like that. pac was outboxed by morales in the first fight and would have been out boxed by some of the more skilled boxers with good movement.
KOpower
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 30 2013, 12:33 PM) *

He is going to go down as an all-time great. He was 6-2-1 against that legendary Mexican trio and literally retired MAB and Morales. He then moved up in weight and destroyed Oscar and Hatton. He dusted Cotto and dominated Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley. I agree with most people that say he won the Bradley fight and he was winning the JMM fight until the crushing right hand from JMM ended things.

Pac is one of the best of his era and one of the greatest I have ever seen. His accomplishments are absurd.
KOpower
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 30 2013, 02:42 PM) *
I agree but this is in reference to his skill level, honestly I'd rate him as a B overall, a C+ in Defense and an B+in Offense which averages out to a B. He lacks in defense especially when on the attack/leaves himself wide open for shots and gets hit too much IMHO.

He doesn't set traps on offense, on defense he doesn't cage or roll with the punches when he's tagged.

Who cares? Honestly..who gives a sh*t? He wins fights. You sound like Dan Rafael after Rigo gave Donaire a boxing lesson. Who cares how a guy wins if he wins. His hand speed is amazing, he had a legendary chin for a little man, and his power was as good as I have seen from a lightweight fighter. It's called winning fights and Manny did that against elite competition over and over.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 30 2013, 06:53 PM) *
arum did right by him by keeping him away from guzman, valero, raheem and guys like that. pac was outboxed by morales in the first fight and would have been out boxed by some of the more skilled boxers with good movement.

So guys like valero would have outboxed him? I can understand why Teaml Pac ducked Raheem or Guzman but Valero would have been a war as oong as it lasted with edge going to Edwin. Lose or win I give Pac a bit of an edge since at that weight and time he had power and constant punching.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 30 2013, 08:30 PM) *
So guys like valero would have outboxed him? I can understand why Teaml Pac ducked Raheem or Guzman but Valero would have been a war as oong as it lasted with edge going to Edwin. Lose or win I give Pac a bit of an edge since at that weight and time he had power and constant punching.

Me thinks Valero would've fed off his carcass. Guzman was all sorts of wrong for him and I get that. However, a Valero fight would have to be censored from the general public.....it would've been that crazy.
Dolimite
What I am hearing is that Manny is an ATG. So would Sugar Shane or Fernando Vargas be considered up there? I mean they did fight the top competition.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 30 2013, 07:08 PM) *
Who cares? Honestly..who gives a sh*t? He wins fights. You sound like Dan Rafael after Rigo gave Donaire a boxing lesson. Who cares how a guy wins if he wins. His hand speed is amazing, he had a legendary chin for a little man, and his power was as good as I have seen from a lightweight fighter. It's called winning fights and Manny did that against elite competition over and over.

Why you crying to me like a little girl? The person who started the post asked a question and I gave my own opinion of his skill level and you start pissin and moaning like some kindergarten kid.

Jeez, these MPTards are now in this forum crying.....one would think they'd have learned since the JMM thing.
Plah
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 31 2013, 02:08 PM) *
Why you crying to me like a little girl? The person who started the post asked a question and I gave my own opinion of his skill level and you start pissin and moaning like some kindergarten kid.

Jeez, these MPTards are now in this forum crying.....one would think they'd have learned since the JMM thing.

laugh.gif
Plah
B
Dolimite
QUOTE (Plah @ Jun 2 2013, 02:57 PM) *
B

Explain please. I'm interested in what you have to say.
Plah
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 2 2013, 10:49 PM) *
Explain please. I'm interested in what you have to say.

He has the resume even though from 140+ is suspect (That 8 titles in 8 different divisions shit is laughable and total BS imo). He has (or had) a helluva chin and great punchin' power aaaand that's it. His footwork no matter what Lampley says is subpar and his skills leave a lot to be desired (considering his popularity to skills ratio lol). So... B+ I guess.
blackrican23
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 30 2013, 02:42 PM) *

clapping.gif hey it only took till post 21 to understand the question posed

Cshel86
QUOTE (blackrican23 @ Jun 6 2013, 12:52 AM) *
clapping.gif hey it only took till post 21 to understand the question posed

Plan on being here for a while???
Dolimite
I think Manny is an exciting fighter but just a average boxer. He can brawl but that is not what I look for in a fighter. Manny never has a Plan B and he only knows one speed. He gave exciting fights but I wonder how much of his popularity is due to his image versus his fighting style. Rios fights like him and has only lost 1 match so Rios should be on Pac's level. They fight the same. My opinion Manny is a B fighter and A brawler. On bleacherreport.com they had an article on who had the better fighter Floyd or Manny, they chose Floyd. The article was fair and too be honest Manny had a lot of advantages, he was a beast at the lower weights but his competition fought the way he did so the harder puncher won. I am not a Manny hater, I just think he is a little hyped and inflated.
BrutUalBK
hey it only took till post 21 to understand the question posed

Is this supposed to be an insult leveled at me?? If so, then you're going to have to do better than that. I guess if a person doesn't answer in the first 3 posts then according to you he doesn't understand??

Wow, is this forum adopting retards now??
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 6 2013, 11:33 AM) *
I think Manny is an exciting fighter but just a average boxer. He can brawl but that is not what I look for in a fighter. Manny never has a Plan B and he only knows one speed. He gave exciting fights but I wonder how much of his popularity is due to his image versus his fighting style. Rios fights like him and has only lost 1 match so Rios should be on Pac's level. They fight the same. My opinion Manny is a B fighter and A brawler. On bleacherreport.com they had an article on who had the better fighter Floyd or Manny, they chose Floyd. The article was fair and too be honest Manny had a lot of advantages, he was a beast at the lower weights but his competition fought the way he did so the harder puncher won. I am not a Manny hater, I just think he is a little hyped and inflated.

+1, I agree with you wholeheartedly!!

But according to the FNG (F*cking New Guy=blackrican23) he'll say it only took you 30 posts (or whatever the count is now) to understand how to answer this....lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jun 6 2013, 01:28 PM) *
+1, I agree with you wholeheartedly!!

But according to the FNG (F*cking New Guy=blackrican23) he'll say it only took you 30 posts (or whatever the count is now) to understand how to answer this....lol

Yawl are too much. These guys just want to be heard, i ain't mad at them. It is called opinions and people feel sometimes only their opinions matter. Oh well
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2013, 09:36 AM) *
Plan on being here for a while???

he's puerto rican. let him stay. we need add a little life to the boards once in a while. laugh.gif
Dolimite
[quote name='daprofessor' date='Jun 6 2013, 03:24 PM' post='583099']
he's puerto rican. let him stay. we need add a little life to the boards once in a while. laugh.gif
[/quote

I agree! I mean hell why not have fun?
mgrover
He's clearly A level and elite and had one heck of a chin. Say what you want about the catch weights but he was the smaller man still aside from DLH.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 7 2013, 06:54 AM) *
He's clearly A level and elite and had one heck of a chin. Say what you want about the catch weights but he was the smaller man still aside from DLH.

So you're saying his all around skill level is on par with Boxers like Floyd, Hopkins and Ward?? To me those guys are A level fighters. Just asking???
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 6 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Yawl are too much. These guys just want to be heard, i ain't mad at them. It is called opinions and people feel sometimes only their opinions matter. Oh well

Yeah i hear u but it is sheer stupidity to enter into a forum as a Noob and outright attack anyone by ASSuming they do not know or have an adequate response to a question simply because they wasn't one of the first ones to respond. Some of us have a life and a career and do not live their entire lives on this forum as it appears blackrican does.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jun 6 2013, 04:26 PM) *
Is this supposed to be an insult leveled at me?? If so, then you're going to have to do better than that. I guess if a person doesn't answer in the first 3 posts then according to you he doesn't understand??

Wow, is this forum adopting retards now??

*snaps finger*

Damn, i was hoping that nobody noticed.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 6 2013, 06:48 PM) *

David Haye wanted to be heard, and what did he do? He talked his way into a BIG fight and got us all excited. What did he do from the opening to the final bell? Disappoint us all. Robert Guerrero wanted to be heard, and what did he do? He talked his way into a BIG fight. What did he do from the opening to the final bell? Disappoint us all.

Point is, if somebody hasn't even been here for 5 minutes, but comes out the gate insulting people, then at least attempt to convince us that you're a good poster first. If not, then at least not start a battle, and come unarmed. Smh
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jun 7 2013, 01:58 PM) *
So you're saying his all around skill level is on par with Boxers like Floyd, Hopkins and Ward?? To me those guys are A level fighters. Just asking???

no he skill clearly isn't, but that doesn't mean he didn't beat some of the elite in brutal fashion.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jun 7 2013, 05:49 AM) *
Yeah i hear u but it is sheer stupidity to enter into a forum as a Noob and outright attack anyone by ASSuming they do not know or have an adequate response to a question simply because they wasn't one of the first ones to respond. Some of us have a life and a career and do not live their entire lives on this forum as it appears blackrican does.

friends.gif

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 7 2013, 06:01 AM) *
*snaps finger*

Damn, i was hoping that nobody noticed.

laugh.gif

David Haye wanted to be heard, and what did he do? He talked his way into a BIG fight and got us all excited. What did he do from the opening to the final bell? Disappoint us all. Robert Guerrero wanted to be heard, and what did he do? He talked his way into a BIG fight. What did he do from the opening to the final bell? Disappoint us all.

Point is, if somebody hasn't even been here for 5 minutes, but comes out the gate insulting people, then at least attempt to convince us that you're a good poster first. If not, then at least not start a battle, and come unarmed. Smh

Well said bro. I agree, sometimes I just like to be the peace maker instead of the shit starter.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 7 2013, 06:54 AM) *
no he skill clearly isn't, but that doesn't mean he didn't beat some of the elite in brutal fashion.

He beat those elite fighters with wide wide wide stipulations. Let's not front. His defense is sub par, his footwork needs help, he can't properly walk done opponents, he can't cut the ring off, he does not set traps or knows how to get out of them (see Marquez and Bradley). he is a great brawler but a sub average boxer. Mike Tyson knocked people out in great fashion but the moment he fought fighters with ring IQ and boxing skill, it was over. there is more to boxing then KOs. If that is teh case Gattie is an ATG
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.