Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny vs the 140 division (before the Oscar fight)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein
Since of course Pacman fought at Jr. Welterweight division once against Hatton, which i think would have been his best weight to fight at. I thought how would Pacman fared against the likes of Maidana, Ortiz, Koltenik, Alexander, Bradley, Cayo,Peterson, Paulie, etc.

I think he beats all and possibly loses to Bradley and Koltenik. Paulie and Cayo would give him some tough spots but I still see him overwhelming tbem.

Your thoughts?
checkleft
He could have fought a prime Campbell I believe and he could have fought zab corley him and cotto at 140 would have been good, he was a different fighter back then.

These days him and Garcia would be awesome, matthysse would be awesome, even when ortiz was there it would have been good. I think the Alexander fight would be a snooze fest! Manny can't cut off the ring for shit xander would just turn and clinch.

I could see him going down against a few of those guys.
KOpower
Of the guys you listed I think Manny handles all of them. Bradley is the best of that list and I felt like he handled Bradley in their fight. I would give guys like Ortiz a puncher's chance and that's it.
Cshel86
If Manny was at 140, these current 140 lbers would gingerly move their asses up to 147. Period
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 31 2013, 01:22 AM) *
If Manny was at 140, these current 140 lbers would gingerly move their asses up to 147. Period

Game. Set. Match.

None of these cats want to fuck with Manny, pre or post JMM knockout.
daprofessor
valero
zahir raheem
nate campbell
joel casamayor
tim bradley
matthysse
danny garcia

a list of all the guys i believe can beat pac at 140 or under
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ May 31 2013, 08:22 AM) *
Game. Set. Match.

None of these cats want to fuck with Manny, pre or post JMM knockout.

Your absolutely wrong about that one, Rios was more than excited to get a chance to fight Pacquiao. Matthysse recently said he would rather fight Pacquiao than be the next one. Hell I think even Khan at one point entertained a interest in fighting Pacman but we all know why that won't happen (thanks Gb&Tr).
mgrover
Can Pac make 140 anymore I wonder
mgrover
Can Pac make 140 anymore I wonder
mgrover
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jun 1 2013, 05:01 AM) *
Your absolutely wrong about that one, Rios was more than excited to get a chance to fight Pacquiao. Matthysse recently said he would rather fight Pacquiao than be the next one. Hell I think even Khan at one point entertained a interest in fighting Pacman but we all know why that won't happen (thanks Gb&Tr).

Yeah but Rios is suicidal the way I see it lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.