Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berto is Disillusioned!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Dolimite
http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...t-at-mayweather

Now the funny thing would be if he would be the one to beat Mayweather. Berto please go see a therapist!

Any thoughts?
Marcus
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 1 2013, 12:53 PM) *
http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/...t-at-mayweather

Now the funny thing would be if he would be the one to beat Mayweather. Berto please go see a therapist!

Any thoughts?

Whats so disillusioned about what was said? lol

Its a fighters right to think that they're the best. He believes in himself even when no one else does. He admits he came up short. Its not like hes Victor Ortiz saying he deserves the fight right now. No, hes saying after he puts in the work and gets some notable wins then hopefully hell have the opportunity next year. I like that hes focused. Berto is one of my favorite fighters.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jun 1 2013, 10:10 AM) *
Whats so disillusioned about what was said? lol

Its a fighters right to think that they're the best. He believes in himself even when no one else does. He admits he came up short. Its not like hes Victor Ortiz saying he deserves the fight right now. No, hes saying after he puts in the work and gets some notable wins then hopefully hell have the opportunity next year. I like that hes focused. Berto is one of my favorite fighters.

He is saying that fighters want to fight him because he is the closest to Mayweather's style. In case you missed the ass kicking that Guerrero and Victor Ortiz put on him when he tried to use the shoulder roll should tell you he does not have Floyd's style. That is the part of the article I was actually laughing at. I believe every fighter should believe that they are the best and that they can beat the best. What Berto is saying is that fighters want to fight him because he mimics Floyd's style, which is preposterous.
mgrover
moving on...
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 1 2013, 10:25 AM) *
moving on...

lol dntknw.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 1 2013, 08:20 PM) *
lol dntknw.gif

Berti will never ever ever ever ever ever beat Mayweather or have a chance
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 1 2013, 02:12 PM) *
Berti will never ever ever ever ever ever beat Mayweather or have a chance

Mgrover wouldn't it be ironic and hellva funny if Berto were the one who beat May? I would die of pure shock and laughter.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 1 2013, 11:16 PM) *
Mgrover wouldn't it be ironic and hellva funny if Berto were the one who beat May? I would die of pure shock and laughter.

As Ali said "I predict that tonight someone will die at ringside...from shock!"
neophyte7
Berto is a muscle bound monkey.. He needs a new strength and conditioning coach to help transform his upper body which is too tight.. This monkey is too stiff in the upper body which is why he gets hit so much. This dude was almost knocked through the ropes by Luis Collazo-- he needs to stfu
mex4life
mgrover is mayweathers bitch hahaha pretty obvious haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 1 2013, 10:09 PM) *
Berto is a muscle bound monkey.. He needs a new strength and conditioning coach to help transform his upper body which is too tight.. This monkey is too stiff in the upper body which is why he gets hit so much. This dude was almost knocked through the ropes by Luis Collazo-- he needs to stfu

Surely you could've used another term, other than "monkey"...or are you just that small-minded?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 2 2013, 07:22 AM) *
Surely you could've used another term, other than "monkey"...or are you just that small-minded?

ok.gif I mean.
mrchitown
I don't see much wrong with what he said, in fact most of what he said was factual. I disagree with him being comparable to Mayweather but he didn;t say anything to outlandish to me. Dolimite's Red Wings statement towards my Blackhawks trumps what Berto said...we up 1-0 bout to be up 2 Dolimite lol

I doubt Berto ever faces Mayweather, his problems in the ring I don't know if a trainer can fix and that's when he's in a tough spot in a fight, instead of thinking and calculating a plan of action, he turns to brawling and he's not a brawler. Whose to say he wouldn't have beat Ortiz if he hadn't of chose to slug it out with him and same for Guerrero. He had the advantages but he fell into their trap
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 2 2013, 02:25 PM) *
I don't see much wrong with what he said, in fact most of what he said was factual. I disagree with him being comparable to Mayweather but he didn;t say anything to outlandish to me. Dolimite's Red Wings statement towards my Blackhawks trumps what Berto said...we up 1-0 bout to be up 2 Dolimite lol

I doubt Berto ever faces Mayweather, his problems in the ring I don't know if a trainer can fix and that's when he's in a tough spot in a fight, instead of thinking and calculating a plan of action, he turns to brawling and he's not a brawler. Whose to say he wouldn't have beat Ortiz if he hadn't of chose to slug it out with him and same for Guerrero. He had the advantages but he fell into their trap

thumbsdown_anim.gif move on man! lol
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 2 2013, 04:25 PM) *

In a nutshell... Perfect post
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 2 2013, 05:25 PM) *

laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 2 2013, 05:04 PM) *
laugh.gif

Don't encourage him! If the Hawks beat my Wings and hometown team, I might have to leave this board! And were you been? You must got a lady now. Good job just tell her these next few months yawl will not be going out on Saturdays. That's what I told mine. lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 2 2013, 05:14 PM) *
thumbsdown_anim.gif move on man! lol

fuck.gif you started it lol

On a more serious note, Berto seems to be confident but I want to know if his heart is really in the sport of boxing still. He's been talking recently as a few weeks ago about fighting in MMA and says he's discussed it with Dana White. He's fighting a tough fighter in Soto Karass, he needs to stay focused
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 2 2013, 08:57 PM) *
Don't encourage him! If the Hawks beat my Wings and hometown team, I might have to leave this board! And were you been? You must got a lady now. Good job just tell her these next few months yawl will not be going out on Saturdays. That's what I told mine. lol

That's cold man lol
The Original MrFactor
i think Berto would have given Floyd a pretty tough fight a few years ago. I think Floyd would have beaten him, but Berto has pretty good offense, speed and power. He's gonna hit you. However, he does have a real bad tendency to get hit flush with Power shots that really take their toll on him. He would have hit Floyd, possibly even decked him. I see the fight playing out a lot like Mayweather Judah.
DubC
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 1 2013, 09:09 PM) *

WOW

Monkey? Smh...
DubC
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 2 2013, 09:22 AM) *

No shit. As a white boy in Texas, I even found that a bit offensive...Simple minded fucks, pretty much explains the worlds problems.....

Back2boxingNAO
DubC
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 3 2013, 12:22 AM) *
i think Berto would have given Floyd a pretty tough fight a few years ago. I think Floyd would have beaten him, but Berto has pretty good offense, speed and power. He's gonna hit you. However, he does have a real bad tendency to get hit flush with Power shots that really take their toll on him. He would have hit Floyd, possibly even decked him. I see the fight playing out a lot like Mayweather Judah.

Yeah, Berto would have posed a problem for the first round or two...Then Floyd would have picked him apart, with at least a flash knockdown or two...

I see it playing out like the fight against Sugar Shane, minus round 2...And I believe Berto is TKO'd between rounds 10-12...The Ghost put him on his ass a few times with telegraphed punches, imagine what Floyd would do with those sharp and accurate counters...

IMO
neophyte7
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 2 2013, 10:22 AM) *

Not small minded at all just thinks he looks like a monkey but ok... Chimpanzee is more ACCURATE AND appropriate... I apologize for offending anyone but grow some hair on your balls.. it is just a damned joke LMAO

Berto needs a new diet to change the composition of his muscle mass.. he is too tight. Less weights and more pull ups dips and light rep with light weight... GOING ON BANNANA DIET would work wonders for him. He probably eats too much meat. he could take notes from the APES AND CHIMPS who are mad strong but do not consumer too much meat.
neophyte7
QUOTE (DubC @ Jun 3 2013, 02:40 AM) *
No shit. As a white boy in Texas, I even found that a bit offensive...Simple minded fucks, pretty much explains the worlds problems.....

Back2boxingNAO

IT WAS JUST HUMOR---White boy sorry if I offended you -You have a good NON RACIST/bigoted ATTITUDE- need more good white folk like you in the south---SAY A PRAYER and maybe the next wave of TORNADOS WILL bypass your state. scare.gif

LMAO
anthonyaccurate
wow
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 2 2013, 09:02 PM) *
That's cold man lol

Dude she has Monday Through Friday and Sunday. Now that is six days out of the week if that isn't enough "us" time then what the hell? She can go out with her girls and leave me alone! Matter of fact she can have a ladies night out for the rest of the year every Saturday. Heck I will be home with our son so she gets the better part of the deal.
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 3 2013, 06:34 AM) *
Not small minded at all just thinks he looks like a monkey but ok... Chimpanzee is more ACCURATE AND appropriate... I apologize for offending anyone but grow some hair on your balls.. it is just a damned joke LMAO

Berto needs a new diet to change the composition of his muscle mass.. he is too tight. Less weights and more pull ups dips and light rep with light weight... GOING ON BANNANA DIET would work wonders for him. He probably eats too much meat. he could take notes from the APES AND CHIMPS who are mad strong but do not consumer too much meat.

If this is your idea of comedy, then please spare us the agony.

Do you have a problem with that?
neophyte7
I got no problems.. Only solutions MODERATOR.. I hear you loud and clear and will spare you and whoever else the agony.... I have seen the words monkey and gorilla on this site for years.. I expect the same type of " I will ban your ass" innuendo to be in effect with others.. THANKS
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 3 2013, 12:55 PM) *
I got no problems.. Only solutions MODERATOR.. I hear you loud and clear and will spare you and whoever else the agony.... I have seen the words monkey and gorilla on this site for years..

And cut the all caps bullshit as well, funny man.
neophyte7
ok.gif ok.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 3 2013, 01:06 PM) *
Sure will.. but like I said.. monkey and gorilla have been used for this sight in much more derogatory intent...

Trust me, I'm aware of that, but do yourself a solid and let it go. You're starting to piss me off now. Don't try and justify your stupidity with the reason that this sight/message board was created in the first place.
neophyte7
I will fall back... so as not to be banned.... you admitted the use of the words monkey etc.. no problem...
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 3 2013, 01:14 PM) *
I am not stupid...and MOTHERFUCKER...FUCK YOU...BAN ME

Duly noted...
neophyte7
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 3 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Duly noted...

PEACE thumbsup_anim.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 3 2013, 10:13 AM) *
Trust me, I'm aware of that, but do yourself a solid and let it go. You're starting to piss me off now. Don't try and justify your stupidity with the reason that this sight/message board was created in the first place.

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 3 2013, 10:19 AM) *
PEACE thumbsup_anim.gif

Gentlemen come on, Neophyte you said something offensive, plain and simple. Cshels warned you, let it be. You are a good poster, just be careful when describing one's features. People got lynched off that word and much worse. And you said you are from the south, so you should know how offensive calling a black person a monkey or a chimp can be. It is not right or even cool.

Cshels next time I'm in Atlanta, tabs on me, but your drunk ass has a limit of $200 (I go all out when I am in the A). Hell you can even buy from the top self. You just have to shit on Chitown for his wackass teams! lol

Peace fellas!
scdrking2
Dont go to the Palomar hotel in midtown. Those asses charged me over $70 for a Hennessy XO and my boy over $50 for Johnnie Walker Blue.
Dolimite
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Jun 3 2013, 11:29 AM) *
Dont go to the Palomar hotel in midtown. Those asses charged me over $70 for a Hennessy XO and my boy over $50 for Johnnie Walker Blue.

We are going to the Gold Room! Or Magic City! I miss college!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 3 2013, 02:19 PM) *
Gentlemen come on, Neophyte you said something offensive, plain and simple. Cshels warned you, let it be. You are a good poster, just be careful when describing one's features. People got lynched off that word and much worse. And you said you are from the south, so you should know how offensive calling a black person a monkey or a chimp can be. It is not right or even cool.

Cshels next time I'm in Atlanta, tabs on me, but your drunk ass has a limit of $200 (I go all out when I am in the A). Hell you can even buy from the top self. You just have to shit on Chitown for his wackass teams! lol

Peace fellas!

Dolimite, tell your stripper girlfriend to get your dry cleaned stuff from the cleaners on time...apparently, your hero cape is still there, AND you got to this thread a liiiiittle too late. laugh.gif

Sorry man, I just couldn't do it anymore, dude was just being a condescending, pompous, jackass, and I got tired of it. Just to think, I'm glad that I'm quick on the draw, because it seems as if this shit-kicker edited his posts to seem a little less an overt bigot. The posts that I replied to, are his initial posts, so that's that.

I could care less about what you guys post around here, but when it crosses the racial line, something needs to be said. Hell, I rant, curse, and so on, but damn, you've never heard me call a fighter, trainer, etc. anything racial. There's just for no room for it. We've discussed "alternative lifestyles" racial issues, etc., but it was done with taste, regardless of how close we cut it from time to time.

Next time you're in Atlanta, let me know. I'd be happy to take you up on your $200 alcohol limit. While we're at the bar drinking, I'll cuff my hand to yours, so you can take my ass to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. Oh yeah, I cant shit on Chitown for his home teams, when Atlanta has some of the worst teams out there. laugh.gif

Cshel86
QUOTE (mex4life @ Jun 2 2013, 06:54 AM) *

Who are you???
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 3 2013, 11:37 AM) *
Dolimite, tell your stripper girlfriend to get your dry cleaned stuff from the cleaners on time...apparently, your hero cape is still there, AND you got to this thread a liiiiittle too late. laugh.gif

Sorry man, I just couldn't do it anymore, dude was just being a condescending, pompous, jackass, and I got tired of it. Just to think, I'm glad that I'm quick on the draw, because it seems as if this shit-kicker edited his posts to seem a little less an overt bigot. The posts that I replied to, are his initial posts, so that's that.

I could care less about what you guys post around here, but when it crosses the racial line, something needs to be said. Hell, I rant, curse, and so on, but damn, you've never heard me call a fighter, trainer, etc. anything racial. There's just for no room for it. We've discussed "alternative lifestyles" racial issues, etc., but it was done with taste, regardless of how close we cut it from time to time.

Next time you're in Atlanta, let me know. I'd be happy to take you up on your $200 alcohol limit. While we're at the bar drinking, I'll cuff my hand to yours, so you can take my ass to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. Oh yeah, I cant shit on Chitown for his home teams, when Atlanta has some of the worst teams out there. laugh.gif

She stole my wallet!

Serious? Let me guess, an openly gay boxer... Cough cough: Sergio Martinez!

I will be taking your ass to Grady Hospital if that happens!

Mex4life is the asshole you should be booting.

mgrover
QUOTE (mex4life @ Jun 2 2013, 11:54 AM) *

I just noticed this...cool story bro
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 3 2013, 03:52 PM) *
I just noticed this...cool story bro

Lol. Dude has like 4 posts and he took the time out to insult you for no reason lol, you should feel special.
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 4 2013, 01:31 AM) *
Lol. Dude has like 4 posts and he took the time out to insult you for no reason lol, you should feel special.

I got the impression he likes me lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 3 2013, 07:31 PM) *

laugh.gif
daprofessor
back to the topic of discussion...

i think berto is his own worse enemy. he keeps his pops and brother in the corner when clearly they should not be there. he hires all the wrong ppl and does all the wrong things. working with conte was a set back. his trainer and al haymon got him to the point where he was....he needs someone who understands what needs to be fixed to take the reigns to get him to the next level. there are only a few trainers here in socal that can help him besides me. he has plenty of talent and potential. hopefully he learns to listen to the right ppl.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 06:29 PM) *

i think berto is his own worse enemy. he keeps his pops and brother in the corner when clearly they should not be there. he hires all the wrong ppl and does all the wrong things. working with conte was a set back. his trainer and al haymon got him to the point where he was....he needs someone who understands what needs to be fixed to take the reigns to get him to the next level. there are only a few trainers here in socal that can help him besides me. he has plenty of talent and potential. hopefully he learns to listen to the right ppl.

His brother gets on my nerves! His dad just yells. He needs a no nonsense trainer to tell them to know their role and shut their mouths. Virgil Hunter or brother Naz would work miracles with him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 3 2013, 02:37 PM) *

I liked the Hawks even in the 90's we all will admit Nique was a beast, and the team they had with Joe Johnson, Horford, Josh Smith, etc...I expected them to make some noise. The damn Falcons piss me off, they call dude Matty Ice but it should really be Matty choke
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 3 2013, 11:17 AM) *
Dude she has Monday Through Friday and Sunday. Now that is six days out of the week if that isn't enough "us" time then what the hell? She can go out with her girls and leave me alone! Matter of fact she can have a ladies night out for the rest of the year every Saturday. Heck I will be home with our son so she gets the better part of the deal.

She shouldn't be mad at that but don't be surprised if she tries to takeover your Saturdays...that's what they do. When a boxing card comes on don't be surprised if she tries to warm up to you
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 08:29 PM) *

Nice plug man, real nice lol....he's put his brother and father out of the corner if I'm not mistaken. He has the talent but he's not doing anything with it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.