Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: beristain and morales
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
i wonder how much they're being paid to say that?

maybe they're just saying it because they don't want to be viewed as traitors to the mexican people?
checkleft
Betcha marquez won't say that.

Nacho usually supports his countrymen, I give canelo a decent chance as well but around 15 maybe 20 percent. And all of it is just based off of power and size. I mean supposedly mayweather spars nothing but 154 and 160 pounders probably faster and maybe as strong as Saul.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 3 2013, 07:26 PM) *

Nacho usually supports his countrymen, I give canelo a decent chance as well but around 15 maybe 20 percent. And all of it is just based off of power and size. I mean supposedly mayweather spars nothing but 154 and 160 pounders probably faster and maybe as strong as Saul.

speed, slickness, reflexes, ring i.q., experience all favor floyd. the only advantage canelo has is size. he's not a real pressure fighter and he doesn't fight for 3 minutes of every round. unless floyd gets hurt during the fight...say like he did against hernandez where he hurt both hands....i can't see him losing to canelo at all.

anyone know the odds on this fight?
flazi
he does have a chance, very slim one lol. yeah they have to say it
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 04:48 PM) *
speed, slickness, reflexes, ring i.q., experience all favor floyd. the only advantage canelo has is size. he's not a real pressure fighter and he doesn't fight for 3 minutes of every round. unless floyd gets hurt during the fight...say like he did against hernandez where he hurt both hands....i can't see him losing to canelo at all.

checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 3 2013, 08:16 PM) *

For Floyd of course
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 07:48 PM) *

2 to 1 in favor of Floyd

Let them talk, Morales is coming off a bit punch drunk with some of the stuff he said. But he had a point when he said that big fights tend to disappoint in terms of action
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 06:47 PM) *
i wonder how much they're being paid to say that?

maybe they're just saying it because they don't want to be viewed as traitors to the mexican people?

The latter!! Mexicans nearly always unanimously unite, especially when it is a PR or a black fighter one of theirs is facing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jun 6 2013, 03:37 PM) *
The latter!! Mexicans nearly always unanimously unite, especially when it is a PR or a black fighter one of theirs is facing.

man...they were rowdy as fuck this weekend at the home depot center.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:29 PM) *
man...they were rowdy as fuck this weekend at the home depot center.

I laughed at the Immigration reform shorts Angulo had on. The Mexicans that I was surrounded by they were so fuckin hard on Lara and man when Lopez was stopped it was all hell. I had to take my lady and leave. They shitted on Charlo and said this is why they hate black fighters because they don't go toe to toe. Of course I had to say "So Mexicans are technicians in the ring? Yeah right, come forward head down and pressure will get you killed every time." Then they started wolfing how Canelo is going to kill Floyd, I told him Floyd ain't fighting tonight and so far yawl are 0-1. That shut them up.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 10 2013, 11:11 PM) *
I laughed at the Immigration reform shorts Angulo had on. The Mexicans that I was surrounded by they were so fuckin hard on Lara and man when Lopez was stopped it was all hell. I had to take my lady and leave. They shitted on Charlo and said this is why they hate black fighters because they don't go toe to toe. Of course I had to say "So Mexicans are technicians in the ring? Yeah right, come forward head down and pressure will get you killed every time." Then they started wolfing how Canelo is going to kill Floyd, I told him Floyd ain't fighting tonight and so far yawl are 0-1. That shut them up.

Sounds intense... Mexican Nationalism blurs rationale but props to them for supporting their own fighters.
daprofessor

angulo was done wrong when they detained him. that was some bullshit. there definitely needs to be immigration reform. the hate was hard but a couple of guys i sat by actually gave lara his props while the fight was happening. they were amazed that he was able to get back up and box his way back into the fight. boxing, nationalism, racism and everything else gets crazy when you add alcohol.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 10 2013, 10:11 PM) *

I'm proud of you dolomite. Finally some of my temper seems to be rubbing off on you lol. When I sent to the mayday fight Mr and Guerrero's aunt were arguing with these drunk white dudes. It's cool to root for who you want to win but they was bringing in that racist stuff. If you have never been to Vegas during Mexican independence weekend, trust me it's much worse then that. That's why I'm going deep this time, I won't be caught slipping due to some foolishness
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 06:23 PM) *
I'm proud of you dolomite. Finally some of my temper seems to be rubbing off on you lol. When I sent to the mayday fight Mr and Guerrero's aunt were arguing with these drunk white dudes. It's cool to root for who you want to win but they was bringing in that racist stuff. If you have never been to Vegas during Mexican independence weekend, trust me it's much worse then that. That's why I'm going deep this time, I won't be caught slipping due to some foolishness

Chi, I had my lady with me and I could not do shit. Now if it was me and the homies it would have been going down. I don't mind shit talking but when you have to insult an entire group of people off of bullshit, That is where I cross the line. Mexican boxing fans are worse than Philly fans and NY fans!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2013, 08:02 PM) *
angulo was done wrong when they detained him. that was some bullshit. there definitely needs to be immigration reform. the hate was hard but a couple of guys i sat by actually gave lara his props while the fight was happening. they were amazed that he was able to get back up and box his way back into the fight. boxing, nationalism, racism and everything else gets crazy when you add alcohol.

You were there too??? That makes about 3 people from the board that went to the fight. I have to catch up with you guys on the next fight. If I dont make it to Mayweather/Canelo, then I'll do my damndest to catch JMM/Bradley out there on the west coast.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2013, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 11:33 PM) *
You were there too??? That makes about 3 people from the board that went to the fight. I have to catch up with you guys on the next fight. If I dont make it to Mayweather/Canelo, then I'll do my damndest to catch JMM/Bradley out there on the west coast.

I was gonna say the same thing lol. If I woulda known I would have tried to meet up with some of you hype folks, we were even tailgating for a minute in the parking lot (a lot of people did the same too! I never saw that at a fight neither). You guys missed out on some coronas and botanas bro, I would have shot you an invite Haha.
checkleft

Bro that was absolutely nothing! Haha I thought that was a very laid back "pro Mexican" crowd. Man at some other fights I've been to it was a million times worse, they didn't even get hostile everybody just left after the fight. I thought it was a great crowd. And I'm super critical of Mexican fans (I'm Mexican) they are usually incredibly fickle drunk loud vulgar and violent.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 12 2013, 02:05 AM) *
I was gonna say the same thing lol. If I woulda known I would have tried to meet up with some of you hype folks, we were even tailgating for a minute in the parking lot (a lot of people did the same too! I never saw that at a fight neither). You guys missed out on some coronas and botanas bro, I would have shot you an invite Haha.

Tailgating?! At a fight?! That's new to me, and Im sure you guys enjoyed it! I heard that the weather was nice too. I've only been to Vegas, but never to Cali. I may go out there, and end up not wanting to go back home. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Chi, I had my lady with me and I could not do shit. Now if it was me and the homies it would have been going down. I don't mind shit talking but when you have to insult an entire group of people off of bullshit, That is where I cross the line. Mexican boxing fans are worse than Philly fans and NY fans!

I understand. Some people get alcohol in their system and forget who they really are. I've seen it at many sporting events. Some of the stuff they say is too offensive. I'm all for trash talk but some people cross the lines a bit
Junior80
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 3 2013, 08:26 PM) *

If you want to base it off percent then it's much lower then 20 , it's been 17 years and a lucky punch has thus far failed to ko money may. And IMO all canelo has is a punchers chance , and according to Mosley who fought both ,they both have around the same power.. Yes google it Mosley says they hit about the same, I'm not sure i agree with that BUT I'm not going to disagree with the future hall of famer that said it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 11:33 PM) *

yeah...i try not to miss the fights in l.a. is jmm/bradley going to be in l.a.? i'm definitely going to that one.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 12 2013, 02:05 AM) *

next one! let's do it!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 10:43 PM) *

i totally agree. that's some bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with boxing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 12 2013, 02:10 AM) *
Bro that was absolutely nothing! Haha I thought that was a very laid back "pro Mexican" crowd. Man at some other fights I've been to it was a million times worse, they didn't even get hostile everybody just left after the fight. I thought it was a great crowd. And I'm super critical of Mexican fans (I'm Mexican) they are usually incredibly fickle drunk loud vulgar and violent.

mexicans aren't as bad as argentinians though. you ever see the footage of the crowd in argentina after their guy loss? who remembers when hagler fought in the uk?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 12 2013, 12:28 PM) *
Tailgating?! At a fight?! That's new to me, and Im sure you guys enjoyed it! I heard that the weather was nice too. I've only been to Vegas, but never to Cali. I may go out there, and end up not wanting to go back home. Lol

i've only seen it at home depot center. why not tail gate? makes all the sense in the world to me.

seriously....i came out here for a weekend....and i ended up moving out here 2 weeks later.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 12 2013, 01:04 PM) *
I understand. Some people get alcohol in their system and forget who they really are. I've seen it at many sporting events. Some of the stuff they say is too offensive. I'm all for trash talk but some people cross the lines a bit

and it's usually the biggest cowards that talk the most shit because they know they have favorable numbers. i can't stand that shit.
checkleft
QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 12 2013, 04:43 PM) *
If you want to base it off percent then it's much lower then 20 , it's been 17 years and a lucky punch has thus far failed to ko money may. And IMO all canelo has is a punchers chance , and according to Mosley who fought both ,they both have around the same power.. Yes google it Mosley says they hit about the same, I'm not sure i agree with that BUT I'm not going to disagree with the future hall of famer that said it.

I remember Mosley saying something to the extent that mayweather was the harderst puncher he faced. I could be wrong tho
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 12 2013, 05:26 PM) *
yeah...i try not to miss the fights in l.a. is jmm/bradley going to be in l.a.? i'm definitely going to that one.

I said the same thing, if that fight is in cali I'm not missing it! Cali makes the most sense for both guys, the only problem/wildcard is the judges.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 12 2013, 02:38 PM) *
i've only seen it at home depot center. why not tail gate? makes all the sense in the world to me.
seriously....i came out here for a weekend....and i ended up moving out here 2 weeks later.

You were a victim of Californication. Red Hot Chili Peppers said it the best in their song. I love my home state. I think when I went to Morehouse I had an appreciation for the South until those damn summers. But I could not wait to get on Delta and fly in LAX... best feeling in the world!
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 12 2013, 03:22 PM) *
I remember Mosley saying something to the extent that mayweather was the harderst puncher he faced. I could be wrong tho

He said it after his fight with Pacquiao. They asked him who was the harder puncher and Mosley said Mayweather. He said when Pac punches you you feel it but when May punchers it last. Some shit like that.

I hear Arum wants this fight in Vegas but he would be wise to have it at the Staple Center. The Laker's aren't going to do shit with the place but stink it up and he clippers are like a wet dream, they only last for a few minutes and then they disappear.

By the way Chi, fuck the Blackhawks! lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 05:44 PM) *
[/b]

You were a victim of Californication. Red Hot Chili Peppers said it the best in their song. I love my home state. I think when I went to Morehouse I had an appreciation for the South until those damn summers. But I could not wait to get on Delta and fly in LAX... best feeling in the world!

He said it after his fight with Pacquiao. They asked him who was the harder puncher and Mosley said Mayweather. He said when Pac punches you you feel it but when May punchers it last. Some shit like that.

I hear Arum wants this fight in Vegas but he would be wise to have it at the Staple Center. The Laker's aren't going to do shit with the place but stink it up and he clippers are like a wet dream, they only last for a few minutes and then they disappear.

Stop it lol. Yall might get a ship one of these decades but it won't be soon.

He is putting the fight in Vegas and I think it would sell better in Cali, seems like the man just sees green and thinks all of his fighters are built for that Vegas market but they not. By putting the fight in Cali they could get a better demographic and it'll sell more
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 12 2013, 06:25 PM) *
I said the same thing, if that fight is in cali I'm not missing it! Cali makes the most sense for both guys, the only problem/wildcard is the judges.

usually...the cali fighter gets the call on anything close...but this is marquez. expect him to get all the love in that match up. the crowd is going to be rowdy with bradley as well. if i'm him...i fight in vegas, not l.a. or socal.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 06:44 PM) *
[/b]

that's my cut! californication.

stop hating on my blackhawks mang! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 12 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Stop it lol. Yall might get a ship one of these decades but it won't be soon.

He is putting the fight in Vegas and I think it would sell better in Cali, seems like the man just sees green and thinks all of his fighters are built for that Vegas market but they not. By putting the fight in Cali they could get a better demographic and it'll sell more

when you consider that the casinos cover a lot of the costs associated and they have hotel rooms on site...it's actually an easier choice for any promoter. site fees can take a big chunk of your profit. it's only a 4 hr drive and a 45 minute flight that many in cali will make to see that fight. it's probably more beneficial to bob. but when you consider that floyd/canelo is happening a few weeks prior....ppl aren't going to make 2 vegas trips in that short window of time. it's a gamble.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 12 2013, 05:33 PM) *
next one! let's do it!

I'm with it.....but I'll be in Mexico North (San Antonio) for the May fight and if how the Alamo City is doing Heat fans is any indication, I'll be "strapped like Bamboo" that weekend.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 12 2013, 05:38 PM) *

I had never done that or seen that before a fight! My buddys pops was a helluva sport, dude knows how to have fun. I didn't even know he had shit in the trunk! Lol, I was like we can do this? He basically said yolo busted out a cooler with brews some bomb as spicy peanuts and some chopped up fruits and cucumbers with tajin, felt king Haha. We even chopped it up with some other dudes tailgating and met a drop dead gorgeous ring card girl. Sweetie looked like a fucking barbie doll!

Like I said that was the best time I've had at a fight, I need to take that dudes dad more often.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 13 2013, 02:56 AM) *
I had never done that or seen that before a fight! My buddys pops was a helluva sport, dude knows how to have fun. I didn't even know he had shit in the trunk! Lol, I was like we can do this? He basically said yolo busted out a cooler with brews some bomb as spicy peanuts and some chopped up fruits and cucumbers with tajin, felt king Haha. We even chopped it up with some other dudes tailgating and met a drop dead gorgeous ring card girl. Sweetie looked like a fucking barbie doll!

Like I said that was the best time I've had at a fight, I need to take that dudes dad more often.

it's always the older cats that know how to do it right! laugh.gif
daprofessor
ok...this is more like it.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...-defense--66724
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.