Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How is it that Juan Manuel Marquez is still NOT a top draw?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Gambit808
Is it the way he's promoted? Is it his character? How is it that, with his fighting style and accomplishments, he is still being projected to make about 200,000 sales in his fight with Bradley according to the Bobfather? You would think he deserves a cult following like his fellow Mexican's Canelo and JCC jr. Especially after KO'ing a top draw P4P fighter. What is it about JMM that is not appealing to the masses?
mgrover
maybe its the drinking piss??

he doesn't appeal to the masses is because he's not a traditional mexican come forward brawler.

Canelo has been thrusted into it, and his tale has been fed so much hype.

JCC Jr. Fathers name

Plus the fact that people had Morales and Bararras nuts in there mouth at the time. Sure he is easily the better of the trio, probably the best mexican boxer of all time since Chavez Sr didn't seem all that. But like you said its a cult following, and cults are crazyyy. I swear if I even attempt to convince a Canelo fan using nothing but facts I'd get nothing but ignorance.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 4 2013, 02:28 PM) *
Is it the way he's promoted? Is it his character? How is it that, with his fighting style and accomplishments, he is still being projected to make about 200,000 sales in his fight with Bradley according to the Bobfather? You would think he deserves a cult following like his fellow Mexican's Canelo and JCC jr. Especially after KO'ing a top draw P4P fighter. What is it about JMM that is not appealing to the masses?

let jmm step into any fight arena and they announce him or show him on the jumbo tron. it's sure to get a huge rise out of any real fight crowd. he has basically sealed his status as a hof'er. anything he accomplishes from this point on is just icing on the cake. he's made his money. he won't be a huge draw because the powers that be won't allow it. he'll always have the love of the mexican and latino fans.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 4 2013, 03:05 PM) *

laugh.gif I almost forgot about that... I'm sure that had an effect, but u would think the Pacman fight would've boost quality in his PPV views.
daprofessor
wait a second.....

marquez isn't a top draw!?!?!?

who draws more than marquez? not many.
BoxingStill#1
When he outboxes Bradley Maybe he will finally get the overdue exposure he well deserves
checkleft
His style isn't appealing to the Mexican fan base. He's a technical genius and a great counter puncher, plus everybody always overlooked him because he came up around the same time as barrera and morales who I honestly think he trumps. To me he is top three from Mexico all time
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 4 2013, 03:21 PM) *
His style isn't appealing to the Mexican fan base. He's a technical genius and a great counter puncher, plus everybody always overlooked him because he came up around the same time as barrera and morales who I honestly think he trumps. To me he is top three from Mexico all time

i totally agree.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 03:08 PM) *
let jmm step into any fight arena and they announce him or show him on the jumbo tron. it's sure to get a huge rise out of any real fight crowd. he has basically sealed his status as a hof'er. anything he accomplishes from this point on is just icing on the cake. he's made his money. he won't be a huge draw because the powers that be won't allow it. he'll always have the love of the mexican and latino fans.

But damn 200,000? I would expect by now from both guys to generate atleast 500,000-600,000 fighting each other after there last performances. I know Mexicans being the dominant fan base in boxing love this guy but sheesh!!! I just expected more views being calculated than that.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 03:17 PM) *
wait a second.....

Not many yea but I can name a handful. I'd even go along to thinking Broner would do better PPV numbers had he have been fighting Bradley too, and he hasent even headlined yet.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 4 2013, 03:45 PM) *
I'd even go along to thinking Broner would do better PPV numbers had he have been fighting Bradley too, and he hasent even headlined yet.

No wait, I take that back lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 4 2013, 03:35 PM) *
But damn 200,000? I would expect by now from both guys to generate atleast 500,000-600,000 fighting each other after there last performances. I know Mexicans being the dominant fan base in boxing love this guy but sheesh!!! I just expected more views being calculated than that.

well you have to take some things into consideration. it's just not about how big of a draw he is...it also has to do with timing. had arum put the show on the sept 14th mexican independence holiday...there's no doubt the numbers would have been doubled or even tripled if canelo/mayweather didn't take place at the same time. now he's being forced to push the fight back to october. he's stuck in a bad place with that date because you have to figure people don't spend much leading into the holiday season. i think it's a modest projection....i wouldn't be surprised if they did much better than that. a lot will hinge on how well toprank and hbo promote this. let's be honest though....arum did not sign marquez or bradley to be stars. he signed them with the intention of building pacquiao...and hbo still seems butt hurt over that knockout and the bradley win...so i don't believe they're going to go all out and promote these guys the way they deserve to be promoted.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 4 2013, 03:45 PM) *
Not many yea but I can name a handful. I'd even go along to thinking Broner would do better PPV numbers had he have been fighting Bradley too, and he hasent even headlined yet.

i'm not convinced broner will be a ppv star just yet. he's had some alright wins...but nothing that suggests stardom.
Gambit808
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 03:53 PM) *
well you have to take some things into consideration. it's just not about how big of a draw he is...it also has to do with timing. had arum put the show on the sept 14th mexican independence holiday...there's no doubt the numbers would have been doubled or even tripled if canelo/mayweather didn't take place at the same time. now he's being forced to push the fight back to october. he's stuck in a bad place with that date because you have to figure people don't spend much leading into the holiday season. i think it's a modest projection....i wouldn't be surprised if they did much better than that. a lot will hinge on how well toprank and hbo promote this. let's be honest though....arum did not sign marquez or bradley to be stars. he signed them with the intention of building pacquiao...and hbo still seems butt hurt over that knockout and the bradley win...so i don't believe they're going to go all out and promote these guys the way they deserve to be promoted.

True, but Why not put JCC jr. On the same card, since both cards (although a month apart) were moved back. Instead of moving it back to October, move it up to 9/7 with Chavez Jr. so it would benefit for everyone involved? I think that would be the smarter move.

daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 4 2013, 04:06 PM) *
True, but Why not put JCC jr. On the same card, since both cards (although a month apart) were moved back. Instead of moving it back to October, move it up to 9/7 with Chavez Jr. so it would benefit for everyone involved? I think that would be the smarter move.

no, it wouldn't. if you did....you have 3 high priced fighters on one card and there's no guarantee on a return of investment. the winner of jmm/bradley is still going to take back seat at toprank. chavez could possibly get a good comeback fight...but arum stands to make more money by letting jr headline.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 03:17 PM) *
wait a second.....

Considering the Pac fights 1 & 2 collectively didn't bust 800,000 views, I would think there's a couple out there that may out-draw him. That being said, I'm interested to see how Bradley/JMM sells.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 4 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Considering the Pac fights 1 & 2 collectively didn't bust 800,000 views, I would think there's a couple out there that may out-draw him. That being said, I'm interested to see how Bradley/JMM sells.

it's a very short list.

mayweather
pac
cotto

who else? if anything...may not be at the top....but he sure is close.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 04:59 PM) *
it's a very short list.

mayweather
pac
cotto

Dude obviously you never heard of Canelo Alvarez.
Cshel86
As a few of us have mentioned, we'll see how this Bradley fight will sell. Being that he was the guy who recently knocked Manny out and had the world up in arms, he should've gained some type of popularity because of it.

Whatever numbers are racked up from his next fight, will be a measuring stick for what he can truly sell, since Bradley cant sell shit.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 02:55 PM) *
i'm not convinced broner will be a ppv star just yet. he's had some alright wins...but nothing that suggests stardom.

I think he will be, can't name to many who drum up more hype then him and even though he gets hit too much IMO he's entertaining. It's a business and that's the other side of the game. Ward will be the best fighter in the game soon but as far as drawing interest and matching it up with talent, Broner will be a bigger star then him..wins get you in the game, entertainement keeps you there
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 4 2013, 07:59 PM) *
it's a very short list.

mayweather
pac
cotto

Dang near any of the Euro equivalent fighters......I don't know why he's NEVER caught on. I get that he's not a stereotypical come forward brawler, but hell, he can do just that; "brawl"...oh yeah... he WINS....just not sure what else the Mexican/Mexican-American fan base wants outta the guy.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 4 2013, 02:05 PM) *

he doesn't appeal to the masses is because he's not a traditional mexican come forward brawler.

Canelo has been thrusted into it, and his tale has been fed so much hype.

JCC Jr. Fathers name

Plus the fact that people had Morales and Bararras nuts in there mouth at the time. Sure he is easily the better of the trio, probably the best mexican boxer of all time since Chavez Sr didn't seem all that. But like you said its a cult following, and cults are crazyyy. I swear if I even attempt to convince a Canelo fan using nothing but facts I'd get nothing but ignorance.

+1
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 4 2013, 09:18 PM) *
Dude obviously you never heard of Canelo Alvarez.

canelo hasn't headlined a ppv card yet.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 4 2013, 09:35 PM) *
As a few of us have mentioned, we'll see how this Bradley fight will sell. Being that he was the guy who recently knocked Manny out and had the world up in arms, he should've gained some type of popularity because of it.

Whatever numbers are racked up from his next fight, will be a measuring stick for what he can truly sell, since Bradley cant sell shit.

bradley had momentum then it was stifled by the alexander fight. he started building momentum again in his last fight...in the wrong manny imo....but it is momentum none the less. if he can beat jmm convincingly...maybe even stop the legend, he can keep the momentum going. i think he's an exciting fighter who knows how to win. it's unfortunate that hbo shit on him the way they did in the pac fight. same can be said for jmm. a convincing win for either is good momentum.

for jmm...he has pac 5.

for bradley...he can put himself in the floyd sweepstakes.

both guys have great potential to do very good number if they're promoted correctly.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 5 2013, 12:31 AM) *
I think he will be, can't name to many who drum up more hype then him and even though he gets hit too much IMO he's entertaining. It's a business and that's the other side of the game. Ward will be the best fighter in the game soon but as far as drawing interest and matching it up with talent, Broner will be a bigger star then him..wins get you in the game, entertainement keeps you there

wins against guys like demarco and malignaggi are barely scratching the surface. if he can start beating guys like matthysse, garcia, bradley or marquez....then he'll be huge.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 03:01 PM) *
canelo hasn't headlined a ppv card yet.

Doesn't matter, he is the top dog in sports, he made the biggest star in the game meet him at catch weight. Canelo is boxing! He fought in front of 42K people!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 6 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Doesn't matter, he is the top dog in sports, he made the biggest star in the game meet him at catch weight. Canelo is boxing! He fought in front of 42K people!

laugh.gif

u going to home depot this weekend?
sduck
He's not exciting at all, especially outside the ring.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 03:21 PM) *
laugh.gif

u going to home depot this weekend?

I got ringside tickets right behind the judges well three rows back. Here is the thing, if I go, I have to take my lady and I really do not want to do that. She ask too many questions and she gets cold fast, so i am trying to figure out a way to either tell her she can't come or break up with her. breaking up with her would actually be easier. LOL. if she wants to go I am not going. She has no idea who either Lopez or Maidana are, which means she will be bitching and complaining about watching nobodies. The shit I have to deal with!
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 6 2013, 05:08 PM) *
wins against guys like demarco and malignaggi are barely scratching the surface. if he can start beating guys like matthysse, garcia, bradley or marquez....then he'll be huge.

You can only beat what's in front of you. And I think he does beat those fighters you mentioned off of skill alone. But the facts remains that he's a bigger draw then those you named and he probably always will be. I can nit pick at Matthyssse's wins and the same for Danny to an extent. He's a draw for a reason...as far as Marquez goes I do find it weird that he's not a top draw. His type is exciting bad he'll go to hell and back to get the win. Fans usually take to that kind of thing
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 8 2013, 08:16 AM) *
I got ringside tickets right behind the judges well three rows back. Here is the thing, if I go, I have to take my lady and I really do not want to do that. She ask too many questions and she gets cold fast, so i am trying to figure out a way to either tell her she can't come or break up with her. breaking up with her would actually be easier. LOL. if she wants to go I am not going. She has no idea who either Lopez or Maidana are, which means she will be bitching and complaining about watching nobodies. The shit I have to deal with!

so what happened? laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 01:37 PM) *
You can only beat what's in front of you. And I think he does beat those fighters you mentioned off of skill alone. But the facts remains that he's a bigger draw then those you named and he probably always will be. I can nit pick at Matthyssse's wins and the same for Danny to an extent. He's a draw for a reason...as far as Marquez goes I do find it weird that he's not a top draw. His type is exciting bad he'll go to hell and back to get the win. Fans usually take to that kind of thing

bradley and marquez have headlined plenty of cards. broner just started headlining. at this point he may be a bigger draw than matthysse and garcia...but he hasn't been on a stage like bradley and marquez. i don't know where you're getting your numbers/facts...but until he gets on the big stage like the guys i've mentioned, i'll reserve stating that he's a bigger draw. immitating floyds style may be appealing to some....but it won't get you to the top of the boxing world. i don't know he beats all the guys i meantioned but i can't wait to see him in the ring with that level of opposition so we can see if he has the goods or not.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 8 2013, 09:16 AM) *

Chickenshit!

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 02:43 PM) *
bradley and marquez have headlined plenty of cards. broner just started headlining. at this point he may be a bigger draw than matthysse and garcia...but he hasn't been on a stage like bradley and marquez. i don't know where you're getting your numbers/facts...but until he gets on the big stage like the guys i've mentioned, i'll reserve stating that he's a bigger draw. immitating floyds style may be appealing to some....but it won't get you to the top of the boxing world. i don't know he beats all the guys i meantioned but i can't wait to see him in the ring with that level of opposition so we can see if he has the goods or not.

I get it from facts. Maybe his mouth gets him most of the attention but it's a fact that doesn't diminish the fact that his name stays in the headlines more then the two you keep mentioning. Yeah they've been on the bigger stage and one of them got one of the best gifts of his life on that stage. Don't act like he impressed so much against Manny. Anyone with any kinda sense would see he wasn't on that man's level.

I'll give you Marquez on that stage but falling flat on it doesn't warrant me putting bradley any where near Broner in terms of drawing. At least Broner can bring a crowd. Name a crowd that them 2 pulled in? You can't do it cuz they can't.

I think he does beat them. I don't care if he imitates Mayweather's style I just don't like the way he carries himself outside of the ring but he's entertaining and it's his life. But he gets more press, more buzz then Tim and Marquez. Marquez has been on the big stage so many times that I've lost count but don't make me laugh with that Bradley bullshit. Both headlined cards and can't draw flies to shit

We will see what Broner really has when he fights Paulie, that won't be a cake walk for him
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 11:36 AM) *
so what happened? laugh.gif

I took her. I told her it is going to be a rowdy and fun crowd so just expect to be entertained. We got there, seats were great and things were going fine until this big ass Mexican cholo looking cat kept commenting on my lady's ass. I told him to chill out and thanks for the compliment but be respectful. Then this dude is going to flat out ask my lady for her number. At that I was like I will see how she handles it. She told him whatever his bank account number was is her phone number. It was lame but dude got the point. During the Charlo and Hopkins fight she kept complaining how cold she was getting and how boring the fight was, which sparked a conversation between her and this other dude that was sitting beside her. When the Angulo and Lara fight happen she kept screaming at the top of her lungs and the dude sitting next to me was like "is that how she sounds in bed" I could only laugh. When El Perro got his eye all messed up she honestly started crying, the crowd at that point was electric. So I had to explain to her it was boxing and he would be fine. I told her to say a prayer for him, she did. When Marcos and Lopez was fighting she kept saying Lopez too cute to be a boxer so then the guy that was sitting next to me was like, "You like Mexicans, huh sweetheart?" she said "I like that one." At this point I looked at my girl and said "I am leaving your ass home next time" and kissed her on the cheek. She just crazy, she had fun and I had fun but next time I am leaving her home and taking an ugly chic.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 10 2013, 01:27 PM) *
Chickenshit!

laugh.gif

rolleyes_anim.gif dude she has an extra key to my car and house.... I just imagine the scene from A Thin Line Between Love and Hate and all I see is this girl messing up my shit.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2013, 05:03 PM) *
I get it from facts. Maybe his mouth gets him most of the attention but it's a fact that doesn't diminish the fact that his name stays in the headlines more then the two you keep mentioning. Yeah they've been on the bigger stage and one of them got one of the best gifts of his life on that stage. Don't act like he impressed so much against Manny. Anyone with any kinda sense would see he wasn't on that man's level.

I'll give you Marquez on that stage but falling flat on it doesn't warrant me putting bradley any where near Broner in terms of drawing. At least Broner can bring a crowd. Name a crowd that them 2 pulled in? You can't do it cuz they can't.

I think he does beat them. I don't care if he imitates Mayweather's style I just don't like the way he carries himself outside of the ring but he's entertaining and it's his life. But he gets more press, more buzz then Tim and Marquez. Marquez has been on the big stage so many times that I've lost count but don't make me laugh with that Bradley bullshit. Both headlined cards and can't draw flies to shit

We will see what Broner really has when he fights Paulie, that won't be a cake walk for him

laugh.gif

ok. i get it. you're a big fan of the dude. some ppl are more easily impressed than others. fact remains...that both tim and jmm both fought pac. i don't care if you thought tim won or loss, the numbers tim/pac did in their fight haven't been touched by broner because he has NEVER headlined a ppv. that's fact. the numbers jmm/pac 1,2,3,4 did plus the numbers jmm/floyd did cannot be touched by broner because he hasn't fought anyone on their level. if/when he gets there....i'll give him all the props in the world. until then...i'll wait and see.

beating a light punching/weakest link at 147 is not enough to convince me of greatness. i'm willing to bet he vacates as soon as he wins to avoid facing his mandatory. expect some excuse like 'that's not really my weight...blah, blah, blah...' followed by looking for another beatable fighter to face. the formula they're going to run with him is what's used when a fighter pays his dues. floyd paid his dues against guys like hernandez, castillo, manfreddy, corrales etc proving he's the best at 130-135...so what's he's done above 135 has pretty much been icing on the cake. broner hasn't proven to be the best at any weight and is getting very favorable match ups with out having to pass any real tests.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 10 2013, 05:45 PM) *
I took her. I told her it is going to be a rowdy and fun crowd so just expect to be entertained. We got there, seats were great and things were going fine until this big ass Mexican cholo looking cat kept commenting on my lady's ass. I told him to chill out and thanks for the compliment but be respectful. Then this dude is going to flat out ask my lady for her number. At that I was like I will see how she handles it. She told him whatever his bank account number was is her phone number. It was lame but dude got the point. During the Charlo and Hopkins fight she kept complaining how cold she was getting and how boring the fight was, which sparked a conversation between her and this other dude that was sitting beside her. When the Angulo and Lara fight happen she kept screaming at the top of her lungs and the dude sitting next to me was like "is that how she sounds in bed" I could only laugh. When El Perro got his eye all messed up she honestly started crying, the crowd at that point was electric. So I had to explain to her it was boxing and he would be fine. I told her to say a prayer for him, she did. When Marcos and Lopez was fighting she kept saying Lopez too cute to be a boxer so then the guy that was sitting next to me was like, "You like Mexicans, huh sweetheart?" she said "I like that one." At this point I looked at my girl and said "I am leaving your ass home next time" and kissed her on the cheek. She just crazy, she had fun and I had fun but next time I am leaving her home and taking an ugly chic.

rolleyes_anim.gif dude she has an extra key to my car and house.... I just imagine the scene from A Thin Line Between Love and Hate and all I see is this girl messing up my shit.

laugh.gif it's shit like this that makes me roll solo. fights are the worse places to take fine ass chicks. fools don't know how to act.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:04 PM) *
laugh.gif

ok. i get it. you're a big fan of the dude. some ppl are more easily impressed than others. fact remains...that both tim and jmm both fought pac. i don't care if you thought tim won or loss, the numbers tim/pac did in their fight haven't been touched by broner because he has NEVER headlined a ppv. that's fact. the numbers jmm/pac 1,2,3,4 did plus the numbers jmm/floyd did cannot be touched by broner because he hasn't fought anyone on their level. if/when he gets there....i'll give him all the props in the world. until then...i'll wait and see.

beating a light punching/weakest link at 147 is not enough to convince me of greatness. i'm willing to bet he vacates as soon as he wins to avoid facing his mandatory. expect some excuse like 'that's not really my weight...blah, blah, blah...' followed by looking for another beatable fighter to face. the formula they're going to run with him is what's used when a fighter pays his dues. floyd paid his dues against guys like hernandez, castillo, manfreddy, corrales etc proving he's the best at 130-135...so what's he's done above 135 has pretty much been icing on the cake. broner hasn't proven to be the best at any weight and is getting very favorable match ups with out having to pass any real tests.

You making this too easy old man. Don't act like I'm a fan boy like how you railed for Guerrero lol. You speak of greatness but where is the greatness of bradley. I've yet to see it. And you mean the numbers Pacquiao did right? Correct me if I'm wrong but when did we see those numbers exactly.

I agree that he may vacate. I'd like to see him try his hand at140. It's out of players there for him to truly test his skills against. The fact of the matter is he is talented and Paulie does pose a risk to him. I can nit pick at Broner but I see the skills. Not once did I say the dude faced career defining opposition I'm just stating facts man. And the facts is that even though he ain't headlined a ppv Luke those 2 I believe he draws more. When did Marquez draw with out Manny. I can probably count those on one hand. Don't even come back with Tim cuz I'll jus pop you over the head with that abomination fight with Alexander. Pacquiao drew those alleged numbers and them people not bradley
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:04 PM) *
laugh.gif

You making this too easy old man. Don't act like I'm a fan boy like how you railed for Guerrero lol. You speak of greatness but where is the greatness of bradley. I've yet to see it. And you mean the numbers Pacquiao did right? Correct me if I'm wrong but when did we see those numbers exactly.

I agree that he may vacate. I'd like to see him try his hand at140. It's out of players there for him to truly test his skills against. The fact of the matter is he is talented and Paulie does pose a risk to him. I can nit pick at Broner but I see the skills. Not once did I say the dude faced career defining opposition I'm just stating facts man. And the facts is that even though he ain't headlined a ppv Luke those 2 I believe he draws more. When did Marquez draw with out Manny. I can probably count those on one hand. Don't even come back with Tim cuz I'll jus pop you over the head with that abomination fight with Alexander. Pacquiao drew those alleged numbers and them people not bradley
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2013, 06:16 PM) *

i didn't call you a fan boy. those are your words. laugh.gif

pac wouldn't have drawn those numbers without jmm or bradley in the other corner. that's a fact. bradley has a very solid resume in comparison to mayweather jr jr. there's no point in mentioning jmm's resume in comparison.

my point is....i don't ever remember ppl planning fight parties around a broner fight. i don't remember hearing or reading that broner sold out any venues or any of that. he's not been in ANY big fights yet. so to say that he does better numbers than jmm or bradley is a bit premature.

and since u mentioned guerrero....he's also been on a bigger stage than broner has ever been on. laugh.gif plus he has won championships in 3 divisions. broner will probably catch and surpass him soon...but as of this moment, guerrero is on a higher plane.

i can be swayed in this argument. show me the numbers.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 10 2013, 06:27 PM) *
i didn't call you a fan boy. those are your words. laugh.gif

pac wouldn't have drawn those numbers without jmm or bradley in the other corner. that's a fact. bradley has a very solid resume in comparison to mayweather jr jr. there's no point in mentioning jmm's resume in comparison.

my point is....i don't ever remember ppl planning fight parties around a broner fight. i don't remember hearing or reading that broner sold out any venues or any of that. he's not been in ANY big fights yet. so to say that he does better numbers than jmm or bradley is a bit premature.

and since u mentioned guerrero....he's also been on a bigger stage than broner has ever been on. laugh.gif plus he has won championships in 3 divisions. broner will probably catch and surpass him soon...but as of this moment, guerrero is on a higher plane.

i can be swayed in this argument. show me the numbers.

The only big stage Robert been on is the one he just whiffed and struck out on. I see he trying to get Ortiz to mix it up with him which was my suggestion. If I do t get my check I'm gon be on the big stage running my mouth until I get a check like he did lol

I see what your saying. In all honesty the way he acts after a fight I wouldn't hold a fight party for one of his fights. But I do think in terms of popularity he's past Bradley in a sense but maybe not JMM because of those awesome fights he's had with Manny.

His viewership numbers is what I speak of
When Arum releases the numbers for those ppv's then I'll give some credit because I have done research and I found nothing where the official numbers were released just a bunch of horseshit that he told his journalist minions.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 09:01 AM) *
The only big stage Robert been on is the one he just whiffed and struck out on. I see he trying to get Ortiz to mix it up with him which was my suggestion. If I do t get my check I'm gon be on the big stage running my mouth until I get a check like he did lol

I see what your saying. In all honesty the way he acts after a fight I wouldn't hold a fight party for one of his fights. But I do think in terms of popularity he's past Bradley in a sense but maybe not JMM because of those awesome fights he's had with Manny.

When Arum releases the numbers for those ppv's then I'll give some credit because I have done research and I found nothing where the official numbers were released just a bunch of horseshit that he told his journalist minions.

Fuck the Blackhawks,

Now to the topic: Juan has a different personality than most Mexican fighters. Highly intelligent and he has sense. He isn't Mr. Personality and he doesn't spew the same bullshit as other fighters. Canelo has his looks and hype that has pushed him into boxing super stardom even though he has only significant fight... ONE! And many felt he lost. Oscar was the same way, good looks (according Merchant and Lamply) and an awesome following. Juan doesn't have that machine behind him. All he has is his hands to prove hos worth. Incredible fights, but outside of Pac and May how many casual fans know about the Dynamite's career? That is why he isn't as popular as Oscar, Orphan Annie, and Chavez, Chavez Jr.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 11:01 AM) *

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 12:40 PM) *
Fuck the Blackhawks,

Now to the topic: Juan has a different personality than most Mexican fighters. Highly intelligent and he has sense. He isn't Mr. Personality and he doesn't spew the same bullshit as other fighters. Canelo has his looks and hype that has pushed him into boxing super stardom even though he has only significant fight... ONE! And many felt he lost. Oscar was the same way, good looks (according Merchant and Lamply) and an awesome following. Juan doesn't have that machine behind him. All he has is his hands to prove hos worth. Incredible fights, but outside of Pac and May how many casual fans know about the Dynamite's career? That is why he isn't as popular as Oscar, Orphan Annie, and Chavez, Chavez Jr.

a friend of mine just came back from belize and hes says that they love marquez there. he said at a really popular bar they have a shrine like photo on the wall for everyone to see that has 3 pics....marquez launching the punch, marquez landing the punch and marquez with his hands raised and pac asleep on the canvas. 'the shot heard around the world.' make no mistake about it...he's popular. you don't knock out a pacquiao and ppl don't know your name. it's just like the guy who knocked out tyson....or what's the other guys name that knocked out roy jones? yeah...
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 11 2013, 12:40 PM) *
Fuck the Blackhawks,

I agree with everything you said. Marquez has a great style to me and maybe I'm crazy but the few times he was on 24/7 I did find him a bit interesting. Outside of the drinking piss mess of course. He's one of the greats and he deserves those type of accolades. His fight with Bradley will do solid numbers I believe
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2013, 12:48 PM) *
laugh.gif

I might have to start looking into my legal options to see what can be done lol. He'll I know they be paying attention to us because we bring up potential fights and low and behold they get made. The members of this board are investors in boxing and we ain't getting our return. It's time for the payback lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 03:56 PM) *
I might have to start looking into my legal options to see what can be done lol. He'll I know they be paying attention to us because we bring up potential fights and low and behold they get made. The members of this board are investors in boxing and we ain't getting our return. It's time for the payback lol

my payback is getting to see the matches i want and the sport i love. don't get me wrong though...i'm gonna be right with you demanding that check!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2013, 12:01 PM) *

I think a few of us around here, are overdue for a check, especially with some of this shit that we've put out there. In order for us to get compensated, we'll have to get a lawyer, sue these nimrods, pay our lawyer afterwards...just to look at how much money we actually spent on pressing charges. Dont ya just love the justice system??? Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 11 2013, 04:36 PM) *
my payback is getting to see the matches i want and the sport i love. don't get me wrong though...i'm gonna be right with you demanding that check!

That ain't enough. We need them checks. At least they can hook us up with some tix to the fights. But it's a blessing that we are seeing some very good matches being made right now
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 07:26 PM) *
I think a few of us around here, are overdue for a check, especially with some of this shit that we've put out there. In order for us to get compensated, we'll have to get a lawyer, sue these nimrods, pay our lawyer afterwards...just to look at how much money we actually spent on pressing charges. Dont ya just love the justice system??? Lol

We need to hire Ronnie Cochran. He did wonders for Shenene lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.