Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Dawson vs. Stevenson-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Follow all round by-round and post-fight reactions to the Dawson-Stevenson fight tonight on HBO in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
mrchitown
I'm going to need them round updates since I got to work tonight, hate when I have to work on fight nights......This fight intrigues me a lot because tonight we will find out if Chad is back and if the loss to Ward was just a minor set back. And we'll also find out if Stevenson is as good as advertised. Should be a good one
Cshel86
I may catch this one after the Showtime card.

Anyhow, I need to see how that Ward fight effected (affected, whatever) Dawson. Stevenson is a mean ass dude, reminds me of Chisora, but with crumbling power. I think we'll know by round 3, if Chad will be content attempting to cruise to a UD and shake the cobwebs off, or will if he tries to go out there and put his foot down. Common knowledge says that he should be careful, but if he's too careful, then he may pay.

With that in mind, I wont count Stevenson out of this one. I wanna just go against the odds and say that he either hurts Dawson bad and makes him hesitant, or he stops him. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, Dawson has skills, blah blah blah. Fuck it, my recent predictions have gone left field, so what do I have to lose here? Not a daaaaamn thang! laugh.gif

Oh yeah, since I'm losing my marbles with these wacky predictions, I'll talk out of my ass even more and say that Gamboa gets fleeced by Perez. Never saw Perez fight before, but from what I was told (yeah I know, I need to see for myself), he was a tough cookie...like the Keebler cookies in the blue bag...or was it the red bag? Help me out here.

If anybody saw Gamboa look like crap against Farenas back in December, then I dont see this one going any different. Farenas kept him at bay with simple boxing shit, so if Perez is smart, he'll stick to that until he finds an opening...not that Gamboa doesn't make that easy to do. We'll see Yuri on the canvas tonight.
Cheesey1
I'm a bit torn, but I'm picking Dawson. Stevenson has continued to improve and his well structured, recent beat down of Donovan George was an example of that.

As everyone's already pointed out, Dawson's the better boxer, but Stevenson could definitely make this interesting and maybe be a bit of an upsetter. Very nice match up.
Cshel86
Doesn't Stevenson look like the dark-skinned dude from the group, H-Town???
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 06:36 PM) *
Doesn't Stevenson look like the dark-skinned dude from the group, H-Town???

Ha! Yes he does.
Gambit808
I got Stevenson by MD. I think Dawson boxing skills will get him through 12 rounds but I'm in favor for a close hometown decision by Stevenson.
Cheesey1
Holy frijoles!!!! If Dawson has a rematch clause, he might be able to redeem himself, but damn!
Hotsauce
dawson is doneI
anthonyaccurate
"bad" Chad showed up tonight, along with his goofy kool-aid hair chick.
Jovi
Damm i came to comment on the Showtime Card and i see the spoilers! sad.gif. I was going to watch the HBO event right after Showtime.
mrchitown
I'll watch the card when I get home but I pretty much saw the fight thanks to ESPN. They kinda Clowned Chad lol.

As I said before we would know where each fighter was at the end of the night and Dawson might never be the same again. On the other side Adonis has some major upside and I'm sure a fight between hour and Ward is on more then a few people's minds
Cshel86
Had no idea Chad was gonna get fleeced like that. no2.gif
mrchitown
I don't know where Chad goes from here. That was a nasty KO. He may never be the same again after the loss to Ward and now this devastation at the hands of Stevenson. He probably about to switch trainers again lol

It cod be the Hopkins curse, after fighters face him win or lose they are never the same. But I think that red haired chicken he had put some kind of curse on him lol. I hope that's not his wife, damn she looked hideous. I could have lived without the falling and standing by Stevenson but the other highlight of the night had to be Pascal and 50's reaction to the KO, that was entertaining lol

And it's amazing how the Kronk spirit is being kept alive. I love that
DevJ560
To see a fighter that has the potential that Gamboa has put on a mostly show boaty crappy performance like this is saddling. He wasn't even setting up his punches and showed no signs of adaptation especially when he was dropping his right hand when he was jabbing. As for chad oh, chad that was bad.
Hate to see some one of his caliber get beat like that, but dude got power.
checkleft
Adonis is a big boy. Stick a fork in chad
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 9 2013, 01:34 AM) *
I don't know where Chad goes from here. That was a nasty KO. He may never be the same again after the loss to Ward and now this devastation at the hands of Stevenson. He probably about to switch trainers again lol

It cod be the Hopkins curse, after fighters face him win or lose they are never the same. But I think that red haired chicken he had put some kind of curse on him lol. I hope that's not his wife, damn she looked hideous. I could have lived without the falling and standing by Stevenson but the other highlight of the night had to be Pascal and 50's reaction to the KO, that was entertaining lol

She had that kool aid hair
mitukczuk
Question is...Will Chad be back? Man, this guy is the epitome of question mark....Waste of talent....such a waste of talent.....
MAHDI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 9 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Had no idea Chad was gonna get fleeced like that. no2.gif

Chad Dawson is crap. People been saying that he is the real truth of the 175 division LMAO. Chad is done and the old man Hopkins keeps rolling.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 9 2013, 02:34 AM) *

Chad should have never left Floyd Sr.. he has degenerated since the departure

Kronk is legendary... Emmanuel lives on
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 9 2013, 06:47 AM) *
She had that kool aid hair

Indeed, I hate when women do that to their hair I feel embarrassed for them
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 9 2013, 08:45 AM) *
Chad Dawson is crap. People been saying that he is the real truth of the 175 division LMAO. Chad is done and the old man Hopkins keeps rolling.

Kronk is legendary... Emmanuel lives on

I hope they can get the Kronk gym reopened
Dolimite
Gamboa looked like shit and the HBO commentary was torture. I swear they are getting worse. Dawson shot himself in the foot! I love the dude but shit...

Fuck the Blackhawks!
wolterb
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 9 2013, 11:46 AM) *
Gamboa looked like shit and the HBO commentary was torture. I swear they are getting worse. Dawson shot himself in the foot! I love the dude but shit...

Fuck the Blackhawks!

agreed everywhere. Stevenson looked like a heavyweight. Whoever is matching Dawson really dropped the ball.
fucktheblackhawks
Tray1201
Something told me Dawson would never b the same aftr the fight with ward ..damn chad
Jack 1000
Amazing KO!

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (wolterb @ Jun 9 2013, 11:17 AM) *
agreed everywhere. Stevenson looked like a heavyweight. Whoever is matching Dawson really dropped the ball.
fucktheblackhawks

Im saying. That dude looked mammoth next to chad and chad isn't small, he didn't do himself any favors with that ko tho. Good luck trying to find someone to fight you at that weight class now
mrchitown
fucktheblackhawks

Nah fuck you man lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 9 2013, 10:46 AM) *

Fuck the Blackhawks!

Dawson might well be ruined by those 2 loses and especially the one he took last night. He was upset the ref stopped it but he was out, his legs were gone

Yeah we in them finals man, it's what we do lol
Jovi
Damn Chad, Damn. 10 trainers in 11 years? That one punch KO just drained the rest of Dawson's career and got put into Stevenson's. I never seen Stevenson until this fight, he looked like the Black Superman. Im also going to have to look up what KRONK is.

As for Gamboa, i fast forwarded through the fight but i saw the first and last two rounds. Why does Gamboa try to fight like an outside fighter? He doesn't have the length or reflexes for it, he was getting tapped every time he would try to dodge. And he was taking counter shots like a college girl on Thursday. That knockdown should have been counted, wasn't that jab the same punch that knocked him down in his last fight?..He's gonna be getting the Chad Dawson treatment soon
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 9 2013, 06:57 PM) *
Damn Chad, Damn. 10 trainers in 11 years? That one punch KO just drained the rest of Dawson's career and got put into Stevenson's. I never seen Stevenson until this fight, he looked like the Black Superman. Im also going to have to look up what KRONK is.

As for Gamboa, i fast forwarded through the fight but i saw the first and last two rounds. Why does Gamboa try to fight like an outside fighter? He doesn't have the length or reflexes for it, he was getting tapped every time he would try to dodge. And he was taking counter shots like a college girl on Thursday. That knockdown should have been counted, wasn't that jab the same punch that knocked him down in his last fight?..He's gonna be getting the Chad Dawson treatment soon

You NEED to research the history of the Kronk gym. It's an absolute must for any boxing enthusiast
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 9 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Cshel86
If no one noticed...Chad cant ever seem to leave Montreal as the LHW champ.... no2.gif

First the Pascal fight, then the Diaconu fight stunk, aaaaand...we had the Stevenson fight. Can we even call it a fight?

I noticed how Chad walked to the ring to "No New Friends" by Drake. Seriously, the title "No New Trainers" came to mind, but sadly, he may change trainers again. He didn't seem all that hurt by the loss, like he did after the Ward fight, where he DID share a few tears of disappointment.

In the prediction thread for this fight, I was just hoping that he got floored and finished, so we wouldn't have to hear about him anymore. Yeah I know, its a bit harsh, but shit, I'm tired of believing in a guy with so many gifts, who can't ever seem to assert himself when it counts. I'd rather root for the limited fighters of the world who we KNOW, doesn't have impressive skills.

wolterb
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 9 2013, 06:29 PM) *
Nah fuck you man lol

lol

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 9 2013, 06:26 PM) *
Im saying. That dude looked mammoth next to chad and chad isn't small, he didn't do himself any favors with that ko tho. Good luck trying to find someone to fight you at that weight class now

For sure...he'd pry dwarf Ward too
Jack 1000
Fightnews has a nice post-fight article on Stevenson:

http://www.fightnews.ca/adonisdawson.cfm

He reminds me of Micheal Moorer when he was at light-heavyweight destroying guys. But sadly, when Moorer moved up to heavyweight he lost all killer instinct and decided he would rather be a cop than a fighter. He turned nice when he moved up in weight. Look at the size of Stevenson! He is HUGE! I hope Stevenson will stay world champion for a long time!

Jack
wolterb
^Agreed! As long as he keeps his mind right hes got all the elements to be a long standing champ
Franchize
I literally just watched the fight. sad.gif I've had farts longer than that lmao. Damn Chad. I had a feeling he was going to get KO'd that's why I didn't vote on the poll. I really like Chad. He seems like a cool dude. I think he has a ton of skill. That being said, he just simply cannot take a punch worth a damn.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 9 2013, 10:23 AM) *
Indeed, I hate when women do that to their hair I feel embarrassed for them

+1
daprofessor
fucktheblackhawks

is he still with gary shaw? why would he match him with a big puncher like stevenson after that last fight? hindsite is 20/20...but damn. i feel bad for the dude.
wolterb
^Me too. Hes still with Shaw. On paper Dawson has the size advantage to be fair. but yeah, 20/20 lol
Franchize
A question I have is...How in the FUCK did Stevenson make light heavy? He was WAAAAYYYY bigger than Dawson. Looked like a Lightweight vs a Middleweight in there.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 11 2013, 07:59 AM) *
A question I have is...How in the FUCK did Stevenson make light heavy? He was WAAAAYYYY bigger than Dawson. Looked like a Lightweight vs a Middleweight in there.

and he just moved up to light heavy?
Cshel86
"To Quebec City, big up! To Michigan, big up!"

laugh.gif

Isn't it, "big ups"?

Gotta love this dude though! I've seen him fight a few times, but I've never heard him speak. And again, he still looks like the dark-skinned dude from the group H-Town. Lol
flazi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2013, 05:21 PM) *
"To Quebec City, big up! To Michigan, big up!"

laugh.gif

Isn't it, "big ups"?

Gotta love this dude though! I've seen him fight a few times, but I've never heard him speak. And again, he still looks like the dark-skinned dude from the group H-Town. Lol

must the mini flat top
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Jun 11 2013, 08:25 PM) *
must the mini flat top

Ha! That exactly what it is!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.