Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Maidana vs. Lopez-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Follow all round-by-round updates for what should be an explosive fight tonight on Showtime in this thread! Maidana-Lopez.

Jack

Administrator
mrchitown
Can't decide the winner of this one, I keep going back and forth. Lopez ain't gonna back down and Garcia says he's implemented some new wrinkles to Maidana's style so we'll see how the fight plays out. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into an all out war at some point

Also, Garcia touched on the starring sessions that Rios and Maidana had. I hope some kind of video footage surfaces
Cshel86
I'm still undecided about this one. I sat Indian style with a glass on cognac and a candle lit...still nothing came back to me. The boxing Gods are ignoring me, big time.

As Bnoles mentioned, Lopez can be too game for his own good, so hopefully he wont fall victim to this again tonight. No matter how clean Maidana's new style is, he is still Maidana...nuff said. Even Soto-Karass kept him honest a few times in there...he worked behind his jab in some parts of the fight, and caught Marcos coming in on a few occasions.

Lopez may rely on his body shots in this one, but Maidana doesn't have a problem returning fire. It all comes down to who gets off first and gets back into position. The first one to get off first and leaves themselves open for returned fire, could come up short. I'd say that in or after round 4, we'll know what we need to know.

I like both guys! cant wait for this one!

Oh yeah, why in the hell was Angulo/Lara even made? I'm not complaining, but damn, GBP isn't helping Angulo's cause at all. On the Khan/Molina card, that Silva dude was giving it Angulo like mail on Sunday. Lara is surely slicker than that Silva dude (which I wouldn't mind seeing again).

Angulo fell out with Shaw, ran to Golden Boy and got clobbered by Kirkland, went to jail, just to come back looking like the Mexican Chuck Norris, had a couple easy and shaky fights, and now THIS (Lara fight). Oh boy, we might see some highlight reel stuff tonight.

I'm not totally counting Angulo out, because he did look more ripped than usual during the weigh-in, but shit, why this fight? It may be fun to watch...only because one dude will be getting knocked around the ring most of the night. And Lara's boring ass...dude has crazy gifts, but plays it waaaay too safe at times.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 05:29 PM) *
I'm still undecided about this one. I sat Indian style with a glass on cognac and a candle lit...still nothing came back to me. The boxing Gods are ignoring me, big time.

As Bnoles mentioned, Lopez can be too game for his own good, so hopefully he wont fall victim to this again tonight. No matter how clean Maidana's new style is, he is still Maidana...nuff said. Even Soto-Karass kept him honest a few times in there...he worked behind his jab in some parts of the fight, and caught Marcos coming in on a few occasions.

Lopez may rely on his body shots in this one, but Maidana doesn't have a problem returning fire. It all comes down to who gets off first and gets back into position. The first one to get off first and leaves themselves open for returned fire, could come up short. I'd say that in or after round 4, we'll know what we need to know.

I like both guys! cant wait for this one!

Oh yeah, why in the hell was Angulo/Lara even made? I'm not complaining, but damn, GBP isn't helping Angulo's cause at all. On the Khan/Molina card, that Silva dude was giving it Angulo like mail on Sunday. Lara is surely slicker than that Silva dude (which I wouldn't mind seeing again).

Angulo fell out with Shaw, ran to Golden Boy and got clobbered by Kirkland, went to jail, just to come back looking like the Mexican Chuck Norris, had a couple easy and shaky fights, and now THIS (Lara fight). Oh boy, we might see some highlight reel stuff tonight.

I'm not totally counting Angulo out, because he did look more ripped than usual during the weigh-in, but shit, why this fight? It may be fun to watch...only because one dude will be getting knocked around the ring most of the night. And Lara's boring ass...dude has crazy gifts, but plays it waaaay too safe at times.

I'm hoping Angulo-Lara brings some excitement. I like Lara a lot and though his style is not pleasing to the masses he is a very good fighter.

A friend of mine laid down some money on Angulo for the KO, IDK about all that but that would be something if Angulo could pull it off
Cheesey1
The undercard on Showtime Extreme has had its moments. This Kamegai/Perez welterweight match was/is all Perez, but Kamegai might pull a rabbit out of his hat in the last two rounds (or get stopped while trying to do so...)
Gambit808
Ok, I got Maidana by 6 rd. TKO...
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 8 2013, 07:01 PM) *
I'm hoping Angulo-Lara brings some excitement. I like Lara a lot and though his style is not pleasing to the masses he is a very good fighter.

A friend of mine laid down some money on Angulo for the KO, IDK about all that but that would be something if Angulo could pull it off

That's a brave friend of yours! laugh.gif

I hope that Angulo doesn't get stretched out there tonight.
Gambit808
Oh man what a night of boxing... This annoying chick keep asking me if Miguel Cotto is fighting tonight sleep.gif SMH, but it made me think yo PR fighters are in the middle of a drout in talent. I'm remembering the days the PR day parade celebrations came early through boxing
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 09:05 PM) *
That's a brave friend of yours! laugh.gif

I hope that Angulo doesn't get stretched out there tonight.

Brave indeed lol
Cshel86
6 rounds in, Charlo is fighting a decent fight, but Im noticing him rushing in and getting caught with that counter right from Hopkins. Hopes he makes some adjustments soon.
Cshel86
This is a fight that will go the distance for Charlo. He isn't able to land flush on Hopkins, and Hopkins doesn't have enough power to keep him honest. This fight is just a big ass gray area at the moment...possibly to the final bell.
Cshel86
Gutty win for Charlo, glad he got past this. Now on to Angulo/Lara, after this Broner/Malignaggi segment.
Cshel86
Wow, so that Silva dude that Angulo fought in December, came up from 140 to 154, and still stepped in Angulo's ass for the majority of the fight?! Say it aint so. Angulo has his hands full in the next few minutes...

Angulo's 174 tonight, while Lara's 164. Wow...

Lara cant miss that big ass block head of Angulo's. If this fight goes the distance, it's totally Lara's fault....
Cshel86
Shit is already looking bad for Angulo in the 1st...

Those straight left hands from Lara, is like shooting fish in a barrel. Angulo IS stalking though...which isn't always the best thing. I give this shit 3 rounds, unless Angulo's gonna pull a huge rodent out of his ass.
Cshel86
Angulo's face is about to look like ground chuck soon...and its only the 2nd round. no2.gif
Cshel86
Angulo is coming on strong in the 3rd...cutting off the ring, but still cant land anything hard just yet.
Cshel86
Angulo got caught with a few good shots, but I'll still give him the 3rd. Lara seems to be on his bike because he doesn't want it on the inside, as the commentators are saying. Either Lara will catch Angulo coming in, or he'll circle and counter all night.
Cshel86
Oh shit ANgulo just dropped Lara with a left in the 4th. Oh Shit!!!!

10-8 Angulo
Cheesey1
I think that Lara would've stopped the old Angulo by now. Nice boxing match.
Cshel86
Decent comeback round for Lara in the 5th.
Cshel86
Who did yall give the 6th to? I missed most of it, but it sounds like they're saying it was a competitive round.
Cshel86
Had no idea this fight would go over 4 rounds...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 11:38 PM) *
Who did yall give the 6th to? I missed most of it, but it sounds like they're saying it was a competitive round.

Lara. He connected a decent amount, with accuracy and those punches hurt. Wasn't easy, but he did enough to win the round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 8 2013, 11:43 PM) *
Lara. He connected a decent amount, with accuracy and those punches hurt. Wasn't easy, but he did enough to win the round.

Oh okay.

Oh yeah...welcome to Fight Hype sir!
Cshel86
GODDAMNNNNN!!!! Lara down again in the 9th from a left hook!!!
Cshel86
Lara looks tired in there....

Angulo is looking like Shrek in there with the swollen left eye
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 11:48 PM) *
Oh okay.

Oh yeah...welcome to Fight Hype sir!

Thanks.

Even with the stoppages, still Lara's to lose.
Cheesey1
I think Lara broke something in Angulo's face. Maybe the eye socket?
Cshel86
What tha muthafuck???? Did the ref just stop this shit after Angulo got hit with two shots???
Cheesey1
Those punches from Lara did damage. Sorry, Virgil 'the Boxing Undertaker' Hunter, it was fair and square.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 8 2013, 11:56 PM) *
Those punches from Lara did damage. Sorry, Virgil 'the Boxing Undertaker' Hunter, it was fair and square.

Seriously...Angulo's left eyebrow looked like a sun visor.
Cheesey1
Jim Gray is officially a retard.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 8 2013, 11:58 PM) *
Seriously...Angulo's left eyebrow looked like a sun visor.

Haha! That's messed up...but true.
Jovi
Holy shit Lara got lucky. Imagine if he gave up after the 2nd knockdown. Awesome fight, liked Angulo's strategy, Virgil Hunter is a great trainer that actually gives his fighters the right ways to win.
Cshel86
Why is Jim Grey such a shit-kicking prick?
Hotsauce
boxing is GOAT
The Original MrFactor
Wow, Berto is Meldrick Tayloring right before our eyes. It was painful to watch him talk. I hope he hangs it up before his next fight. I'm really saddeded to see that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 9 2013, 12:06 AM) *
Wow, Berto is Meldrick Tayloring right before our eyes. It was painful to watch him talk. I hope he hangs it up before his next fight. I'm really saddeded to see that.

That shit was a bit uncomfortable to watch....
Cshel86
Lopez has on white gloves...he means business tonight. Anytime a guy wears white gloves...he focused. laugh.gif
Cshel86
First round to Lopez...nuff said

Chino is such a fuckin' animal though...
Cshel86
Gotta give the 2nd to Maidana

Too much pressure....

Pressure pressure pressure
Cshel86
Lopez just looks a bit unsettled in there...its still early though (3rd round)
Cshel86
I think Lopez took the 3rd round...
Cshel86
Why in the fuck does Maidana still look flabby around the waist???

Lopez is hurting him in the 4th...still early though
Cshel86
Maidana's down in the 4th, but it wasn't called....

Nasty exchanges...

4th to Lopez
Plah
Still wondering how the fuck Lopez lost to Vargas
Hotsauce
great fight
Cshel86
Maidana stole the 5th in the last 25 seconds

It could go either way, but I feel Maidana stole it

Bunch of quick exchanges, but Lopez is failing to go back to the body as he's been doing. He just let Maidana tee off on him in those closing seconds...

Nice round
Hotsauce
oh shit
Cshel86
Down goes Lopez in the 5th....temple shot from Maidana with a right hand
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.