Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paulie and Adriene: Did they overhype their fight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
Looking around the internet and other boxing sites, I noticed that people are not really talking about this fight. I wonder why? Maybe they talked so much shit in the beginning way before the fight was to happen. For some reason I am not as amp for fight as I am for Danny and Lucas, or Bradley and Marquez. Oh well, or am I wrong?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Looking around the internet and other boxing sites, I noticed that people are not really talking about this fight. I wonder why? Maybe they talked so much shit in the beginning way before the fight was to happen. For some reason I am not as amp for fight as I am for Danny and Lucas, or Bradley and Marquez. Oh well, or am I wrong?

the shit talking gets old quick. paulie isn't a big puncher and he's not going to be able to out box broner...so i think ppl just sort of lose interest because they know the outcome. i'm hoping paulie puts up a good fight and makes it entertaining. i cracked up when broner said paulie shouldn't be on the line cursing on their conference call "because showtime might not like that...and after we fight being a commentator is the only job paulie is going to have. he's really good at that and i don't want him to lose his job." laugh.gif i don't want him to lose his job either.
mgrover
it is getting a bit boring and stale no matter what they say now lool
Dolimite
There is nothing else they could say. I think Broner gets tagged in this fight. I wonder how he will take a welter weight punch and if Broner's speed and power will carry over. Again, I think of all the top prospects Broner loses first. He isn't disciplined outside the ring and he has bad habits between fights. I want Paulie to win but we shall see. has this fight even sold out? People are not buzzing about this fight... Showtime better hope this shit lives up to the hype these two men are putting out or trying to. I think people lost interest a month ago. I know I have.
Jovi
I think Broner will fit into this weight well, he says its his natural weight. As long as he doesn't a feather chin then i think he stops paulie. I can't see any advantages that paulie has other than maybe his movement and still that will get neutralized by the body shots and quickness of Broner. But if Paulie does win ill eat my words with no malice. I dont know about other people but i know I'm tuning in, this fight is a make or break for Broner, first time he's fought someone who i didn't have to look up.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 05:25 PM) *

Because no matter what Paulie says, no one expects him to do what he's talkin about doin. The most damage he can do is outbox Broner, and judging from his last 2 fights it looks HIGHLY UNLIKELY... I have Broner stopping Malignaggi late, maybe 9-10 round.
daprofessor
best chance paulie has is to use his movement and turn this into a chess match with limited exchanges. even then...he's not as fast as broner...and not as slick. forcing broner to lead and find him might give him some countering opportunities but i can't see him winning that way.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 12 2013, 06:36 PM) *
There is nothing else they could say. I think Broner gets tagged in this fight. I wonder how he will take a welter weight punch and if Broner's speed and power will carry over. Again, I think of all the top prospects Broner loses first. He isn't disciplined outside the ring and he has bad habits between fights. I want Paulie to win but we shall see. has this fight even sold out? People are not buzzing about this fight... Showtime better hope this shit lives up to the hype these two men are putting out or trying to. I think people lost interest a month ago. I know I have.

That question won't get answered in this fight....unless Broner is fighting ANOTHER WW. Paulie couldn't "crack" a safe, let alone someone's jaw.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 12 2013, 09:45 PM) *
That question won't get answered in this fight....unless Broner is fighting ANOTHER WW. Paulie couldn't "crack" a safe, let alone someone's jaw.

This sounds like some shit N. Richardson would say, but he'd say it so swiftly, that it could be interpreted as a compliment. LOL!
mrchitown
At some point you have to just be quiet and lace'em up and get to work. I think they keep going back and forth because their both irritating each other
Cshel86
Paulie may not be able to stop Broner, but the fact that he has 7 KO's on his record means something. I would go as far as saying that those 7 guys that he stopped were bums and it happened early in his career, but when has Paulie EVER had power? That alone could mean that Broner is number 8 on the list, if he isn't careful.

With that in mind, I feel like a hard punch or a TKO can happen at any moment in Paulie's favor. Putting a guy on his ass, only takes 5 lbs of pressure, patience, and the will to do it...so we cant rule it out. The guy on the other side of the ring just needs to have in his mind that the other guy isn't fast enough and doesn't hit hard enough, then BOOM...strange things happen.

Between the two of them, Paulie has less to lose in such a big fight, so the Broner camp needs to keep that in mind. I'm thinking about how little Gavin Reese was able to dip his and land those overhand hooks that froze Broner a couple of times. That may be the ONLY way for Paulie to get some torque on his punches.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 13 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Paulie may not be able to stop Broner, but the fact that he has 7 KO's on his record means something. I would go as far as saying that those 7 guys that he stopped were bums and it happened early in his career, but when has Paulie EVER had power? That alone could mean that Broner is number 8 on the list, if he isn't careful.

With that in mind, I feel like a hard punch or a TKO can happen at any moment in Paulie's favor. Putting a guy on his ass, only takes 5 lbs of pressure, patience, and the will to do it...so we cant rule it out. The guy on the other side of the ring just needs to have in his mind that the other guy isn't fast enough and doesn't hit hard enough, then BOOM...strange things happen.

Between the two of them, Paulie has less to lose in such a big fight, so the Broner camp needs to keep that in mind. I'm thinking about how little Gavin Reese was able to dip his and land those overhand hooks that froze Broner a couple of times. That may be the ONLY way for Paulie to get some torque on his punches.

Shelly, respectfully, you sound as if you're hoping for a Paulie KO. That's cool, but let's step away from the ledge of the building. #8 AIN'T coming this weekend and Paulie knows that. He's going to try to outbox him and rightfully so, but Paulie sitting down on ANY punches is laughable. I remember when he buzzed Juan Diaz and BOTH of them were surprised. Personally, I think this is going to be easier than most think for Broner.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 13 2013, 02:08 PM) *
Shelly, respectfully, you sound as if you're hoping for a Paulie KO. That's cool, but let's step away from the ledge of the building. #8 AIN'T coming this weekend and Paulie knows that. He's going to try to outbox him and rightfully so, but Paulie sitting down on ANY punches is laughable. I remember when he buzzed Juan Diaz and BOTH of them were surprised. Personally, I think this is going to be easier than most think for Broner.

i hear you...and i partially agree....but i will say that lately, since paulie has been training with eric brown...he's been balling up his fists and sitting on his punches. he does appear to have a lot more pop than he used to. he did bust up sedechenko.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 13 2013, 02:08 PM) *

What gave me away???

laugh.gif

If he even buzzes Broner, then that would be enough for me, lol. LMAO At how Paulie and Diaz were both shocked in that rematch, when that Paulie punch had some sting on it.

We've seen stranger things happen in the sport, so who knows.
The Original MrFactor
I think this is a close fight. I think Mayweather Jr Jr takes it 115-113 or something close like that.I think Paulie outboxes him and makes him look stupid. Mayweather Jr Jr had difficulty finding Gavin Rees for the 1st 4 rounds. Gavin Rees made him look foolish at points during that 1st 4 rounds. Paulie has a chin, is a better boxer, is bigger and will cause problems for 12 rounds. I see Mayweather Jr Jr getting the close rounds because he's (allegedly) the next big thing. I think it will be one of those fights that has us scratching our heads at the end because Paulie may look like he won, but the cards say 115-113 for Mayweather Jr Jr.
Junior80
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 02:26 AM) *
At some point you have to just be quiet and lace'em up and get to work. I think they keep going back and forth because their both irritating each other

I think paulie may be able to frustrate broner, he will be the best boxer broner has faced thus far, that being said I think broner has too many tools for paulie to beat him and I agree with the likely hood of a later round stoppage
Junior80
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 02:26 AM) *

I think paulie may be able to frustrate broner, he will be the best boxer broner has faced thus far, that being said I think broner has too many tools for paulie to beat him and I agree with the likely hood of a later round stoppage
mrchitown
QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 13 2013, 02:53 PM) *

Agreed, but I won't be surprised if Paulie does pull it out because Broner hasn't fight someone who gives movement like Paulie...mm this is a fight I wish would hurry up and come. not because I'm that hyped about it but because I'm sick of the back and forth
Junior80
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Agreed, but I won't be surprised if Paulie does pull it out because Broner hasn't fight someone who gives movement like Paulie...mm this is a fight I wish would hurry up and come. not because I'm that hyped about it but because I'm sick of the back and forth

If paulie brings his a+ game and really frustrates broner then it's possible , and I'm real excited for this fight too, il be there at the Barclays smile.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 13 2013, 03:18 PM) *
What gave me away???

laugh.gif

If he even buzzes Broner, then that would be enough for me, lol. LMAO At how Paulie and Diaz were both shocked in that rematch, when that Paulie punch had some sting on it.

We've seen stranger things happen in the sport, so who knows.

a few things prevent paulie from punching with any real power....his stance....his open hands....and his fear/respect of the in coming. he doesn't commit to his punching. it's just part of his style.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 03:54 PM) *

you're starting to sound like an old man. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 13 2013, 04:14 PM) *
you're starting to sound like an old man. laugh.gif

With age comes wisdom laugh.gif

You know you sick of it too. I'm all for trash talk but they a little over the top with it
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 01:47 PM) *

You know you sick of it too. I'm all for trash talk but they a little over the top with it

Especially when they brought in Paulie's ex. I thought that was extremely tasteless.
checkleft
I've never been really hyped about this fight. Mostly because adrien jumped a stacked weight class to get the easiest shot at a WW title. I mean its an decent fight but I can't get excited for it much, paulie fights the same almost every fight and he has always had trouble with speed and timing.

Any undercards?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 13 2013, 05:06 PM) *
Especially when they brought in Paulie's ex. I thought that was extremely tasteless.

Exactly, stuff like that is corny
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 13 2013, 05:36 PM) *
I've never been really hyped about this fight. Mostly because adrien jumped a stacked weight class to get the easiest shot at a WW title. I mean its an decent fight but I can't get excited for it much, paulie fights the same almost every fight and he has always had trouble with speed and timing.

Any undercards?

The rematch between Banks and Mitchell. And Sakio Bika fights on the card as well. It's a solid card IMO
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 13 2013, 06:36 PM) *

Any undercards?

Exactly!

For the undercard I think it's Seth Mitchell vs Jonathan Banks II.
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 13 2013, 09:10 PM) *
Exactly!

For the undercard I think it's Seth Mitchell vs Jonathan Banks II.

Not such a great card. The main event is the only "okay" match up
Gambit808
Not great, but good enough for me. I've been sort of anxious to see how this rematch will play out since the end of the first fight. Not expecting to much difference in Mitchell's game, but I'm hoping we see a smarter fighter in terms of him being a bit more defensive minded than the one I seen last time out.
BoxingStill#1
Call me cheeky but I'm picking pauly to win this.

If Broaner doesn't ko Pauly, he's gonna get outworked but that annoying ass jab Manic man has
wolterb
^I hope you are right
Junior80
I'm not sure if they overhyped this fight , I do think they hyped it wrong though, bringing in some dumb girl ect...
There were many better ways to do it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 05:47 PM) *

i sort of stopped paying attention when they had their interaction at the barclay. that was the point of ridiculousness.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 13 2013, 07:50 PM) *
The rematch between Banks and Mitchell. And Sakio Bika fights on the card as well. It's a solid card IMO

i'm hoping banks gives us a repeat performance. bika is about to get a wbc forced vacated strap. anyone ever heard of the dude he's fighting for it?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 14 2013, 04:28 PM) *
I'm not sure if they overhyped this fight , I do think they hyped it wrong though, bringing in some dumb girl ect...
There were many better ways to do it.

to be honest...i was highly disappointed when FH did an article on her. this ain't WWE!? c'mon son!
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 14 2013, 07:07 PM) *
i'm hoping banks gives us a repeat performance. bika is about to get a wbc forced vacated strap. anyone ever heard of the dude he's fighting for it?

I hope Banks does it again also but I like Seth, I just think he needs a little bit more seasoning.

Never heard of the guy Bika is fighting The WBC is a damn joke
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 14 2013, 07:05 PM) *
i sort of stopped paying attention when they had their interaction at the barclay. that was the point of ridiculousness.

Agreed, pure buffoonery on all sides
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 08:15 PM) *
I hope Banks does it again also but I like Seth, I just think he needs a little bit more seasoning.

Never heard of the guy Bika is fighting The WBC is a damn joke

well at least they're consistent and they're bending the rules for another one of their own. i never heard of the dude and there isn't any recognizable names on his ledger aside from darnell boone who has a ko win over adonis stevenson. periban ko'd him in the first round
jtiizzle
Broner a 8-1 favorite. He is a small guy that fights flat footed going to be interesting to see how he deals with a guy on his bicycle, i got Broner UD going to be tough for him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.