Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harder Puncher Foreman or Tyson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
I don't know. I honestly do not know. You see young Foreman knocks and you are like DAMN and you see Tyson's knockouts and you are like DAMN!

The two were suppose to fight when Foreman was 50, Mike didn't take it for whatever reason. I will be debating this for awhile... what say you?
mgrover
Depends I guess, while Tyson had some shocking power it a mixture of speeds and strength while Foremans was just pure strength I mean christ, Foreman as the harder puncher easily in my opinion.
mitukczuk
Foreman....if we talk raw power it must be him. In his early days he was all about chopping guys down....literally. I have never seen the kind of pucnhes he was throwing. Funnily enough they eventually cost him some loses but they were MASSIVE !

In my opinion, Tyson's power was the combination of his style and speed.
Franchize
I think Foreman but not by much. I think Earnie Shavers was the hardest puncher of all time though.
daprofessor
foreman.

The Original MrFactor
A lot of Tyson's power came from angles and opportunity. He placed himself in great position to get those power shots connected to vital areas. Speed also played a part. Tyson may very well have been faster than Ali. Ali's speed was in his Jab. Tyson could land left hooks, uppercuts and crosses with the speed of most guys jabs. I remember a pic from SI wen Tyson fought Razor Ruddock, the pic was of Tyson landing a huge shot on Ruddocks face. You could see the gloved literally impressing itself into the guys face. It looked sick and really reminds you of how hard these guys get hit. Scary...

Foreman was an entirely different monster. His power was in his "country strength." He's just a big dude with bludgeons in both hands. I think he hit alot harder than Tyson and was just a naturally strong dude. EVERYTHING Foreman threw had KO potential. He had bone breaking strength and power. Foreman didnt give a shit about angles, opportunity or position because he hit and hurt with every shot. I once saw a clip of him hitting a heavy bag. He was killin it. And this was "Old Man, Grill sellin' Foreman." Nobody hits a heavy bag like that. Just a dull, flat fisted thud. Even when he jabbed the bag it was insane. Michael Moorer is lucky to be alive today...
Junior80
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 13 2013, 01:42 PM) *
I think Foreman but not by much. I think Earnie Shavers was the hardest puncher of all time though.

I would pick Tyson , and for all time rocky Marciano
Dolimite
QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 13 2013, 11:49 AM) *

Clearly you haven't witnessed the power of the Pacman....

I am still debating. I don't know. Tyson has nasty power, but Foreman, man he had IT!

Daprofessor is it true that Mike ducked Foreman when Foreman was making his comeback at 50?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 13 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Clearly you haven't witnessed the power of the Pacman....

I am still debating. I don't know. Tyson has nasty power, but Foreman, man he had IT!

Daprofessor is it true that Mike ducked Foreman when Foreman was making his comeback at 50?

It was alleged, that Foreman wanted Tyson in the worst way. Tyson (King) turned the fight down, allegedly.
BrutUalBK
Foreman was the harder puncher but Tyson was faster which made his power seem as though it was harder than it really was, if you look at how fighters were able to figure out the speed of Mike's punches they were able to take them better but it didn't matter vs Big George because he threw slow and when it landed it hurt.

Tyson ducked Foreman for obvious reasons; 1. he knew BG wasn't afraid of him as he (Mike) relied on imposing fear in his opponents before the fight and 2. if he lost then people would've said he lost to an old man and therefore Tyson's stock drops severely.
Gambit808
Only way I can judge this, is by who has the most KO's over an extended period of time throughout there career. "Big" George Foreman fits the bill when it comes to that. Both guys are heavy hitters in there own right and I would've loved to see these two fight before that prison stint Mike did, but Foreman took out more heavy hitters than Mike so there u go.
mrchitown
Foreman but not by a lot. I wish they would've fought. I think Mike would've got him

Tyson ducking Foreman? Man that shit gets thrown around too easy nowadays lol....what Riddick Bowe did when faced with the opportunity to face Lennox, that was a duck
mrchitown
QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 13 2013, 02:49 PM) *

Interesting that you'd say Marciano, Though I disagree. I used to talk to the old timers in the gym, tell me that Louis was a harder puncher then him. I wish them 2 would've squared off in their primes because I don't think he could've handled Joe . Plus, damn near everytime boxing comes up white people got to pull Marciano out they ass lol
wolterb
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 12:40 AM) *
Interesting that you'd say Marciano, Though I disagree. I used to talk to the old timers in the gym, tell me that Louis was a harder puncher then him. I wish them 2 would've squared off in their primes because I don't think he could've handled Joe . Plus, damn near everytime boxing comes up white people got to pull Marciano out they ass lol

lol true.

Hard to gage who the harder puncher was, but Louis wins everytime had they squared off in their primes, guaranteed.

The stronger between Foreman and Tyson is a toss up too but I'd give the edge to prime Tyson. Foreman annihilated guys but he also had the size advantage most of the time, especially in the cases of Frazier and Moorer (arguably his most praised knockouts). Tyson knocked guys out that had a size advantage, that says a lot to me.
Junior80
QUOTE (wolterb @ Jun 14 2013, 10:49 AM) *
lol true.

Hard to gage who the harder puncher was, but Louis wins everytime had they squared off in their primes, guaranteed.

The stronger between Foreman and Tyson is a toss up too but I'd give the edge to prime Tyson. Foreman annihilated guys but he also had the size advantage most of the time, especially in the cases of Frazier and Moorer (arguably his most praised knockouts). Tyson knocked guys out that had a size advantage, that says a lot to me.

And punching up most of the time too, takes a bit off the punch smile.gif
Junior80
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 01:40 AM) *

Haha true enough I'm white and Italian , but that's not why I picked Marciano , when people would pull guard on Marciano he would punch there arms and as the story's go their arms would get so hurt after a few rounds they couldn't hold their hand up anymore, that's on helluva a strategy and I imagine it took great power to pull that off, not to mention he had a deadly 1 punch ko straight right
mrchitown
QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jun 14 2013, 03:19 PM) *
Haha true enough I'm white and Italian , but that's not why I picked Marciano , when people would pull guard on Marciano he would punch there arms and as the story's go their arms would get so hurt after a few rounds they couldn't hold their hand up anymore, that's on helluva a strategy and I imagine it took great power to pull that off, not to mention he had a deadly 1 punch ko straight right

I knew it lol

Marciano was a bad boy, I think history doesn't appreciate him to a certain extent
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2013, 06:28 PM) *
I knew it lol

Marciano was a bad boy, I think history doesn't appreciate him to a certain extent

he had nothing on rocky balboa.
klonopinz
i think foreman as well. his fight against ron lyle was jsut incredible and remains one of my favorite fights of all time. Foreman would jsut stand right in front of you and bang away, and that was a flaw of his, because he could be hit relatively easily. The power of foreman just makes Ali seem so much more amazing to me, because ali stood there for 8 rounds and took his hardest punches to the body, kidneys, shoulders, arms, and skull, and didnt go down or even use movement, he jsut ook that pain, and waited for his moment. pretty amazing IMHO
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 14 2013, 06:52 PM) *
he had nothing on rocky balboa.

True Balboa gave Creed that work
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 15 2013, 01:14 AM) *
True Balboa gave Creed that work

you can't mention balboa or creed with out mentioning clubber lang.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 15 2013, 03:17 AM) *

And Drago
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 15 2013, 12:17 AM) *

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 15 2013, 08:14 AM) *
And Drago

offtopic.gif

I hate every Rocky movie made! It poisoned the minds of casual boxing fans. They think going toe to toe is actual boxing. They look at purist as being boring or scared of getting hit. Sly Stallon being inducted into the boxing Hall of Fame further got my ire up. Why the hell is he in the Hall? He is shit!
Tray1201
Tyson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.