Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: this is interesting...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
garcia fighters not making weight...
Dolimite
Maybe he isn't that great of a disciplinarian. Who knows...
The Original MrFactor
Just looks like he's a technique guy and possibly he's weak with nutrition and conditioning. I'm not mad at him, but since you noticed, I'm sure someone else has too and maybe pulled his coat tail a little. Perhaps his guys will start hiring a nutritionist.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 17 2013, 06:34 PM) *
Just looks like he's a technique guy and possibly he's weak with nutrition and conditioning. I'm not mad at him, but since you noticed, I'm sure someone else has too and maybe pulled his coat tail a little. Perhaps his guys will start hiring a nutritionist.

i believe rios hired a nutrionist for his last bout...and he's hired memo for s&c for the pac bout.
Franchize
Garcia is an overrated trainer. I've been saying this for years. Mikey seems like the odd ball in that stable. Mild mannered. Far more technically sound than any of those other guys. Garcia's fighters all look like they take pride in being a "bad ass". They seem to take pride in being brawlers and "not giving a fuck" rather than developing some actual skill and dedicating themselves to their craft.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Garcia is an overrated trainer. I've been saying this for years. Mikey seems like the odd ball in that stable. Mild mannered. Far more technically sound than any of those other guys. Garcia's fighters all look like they take pride in being a "bad ass". They seem to take pride in being brawlers and "not giving a fuck" rather than developing some actual skill and dedicating themselves to their craft.

From what I hear, Robert only trains mikey now his dad trained him before that. His dad is part of his corner still I believe
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 17 2013, 08:24 PM) *

he definitely has a different style than what they typically teach. i think that has everything to do with the person he is. he had no intention on even going pro. he was a student in college and it wasn't until he realized he could hold his own in the gym with world rated fighters that his family convinced him to box professionally. his style is serving him well at this point. he hasn't really been put in a situation against an opponent where there was a puzzle to be solved. when that happens...i don't know that robert will have the answers based on what i've seen from his other fighters. they should steer clear of guys like donaire, rigondeaux or russell.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 17 2013, 09:10 PM) *
he definitely has a different style than what they typically teach. i think that has everything to do with the person he is. he had no intention on even going pro. he was a student in college and it wasn't until he realized he could hold his own in the gym with world rated fighters that his family convinced him to box professionally. his style is serving him well at this point. he hasn't really been put in a situation against an opponent where there was a puzzle to be solved. when that happens...i don't know that robert will have the answers based on what i've seen from his other fighters. they should steer clear of guys like donaire, rigondeaux or russell.

Heard he already finished the police academy. He seems like he has his head on straight
mgrover
wouldnt you love to watch a sparring session between him and donaire lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 18 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Heard he already finished the police academy. He seems like he has his head on straight

i didn't know that. good shit. glad he chose to box instead of being a cop. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 18 2013, 12:47 PM) *
wouldnt you love to watch a sparring session between him and donaire lol

i'm willing to bet mikey gets the best of him.
checkleft
It's funny to, because wasn't there rumors about chavez Jr joining Garcia as well? Lol. Maybe they should start taking money out of the trainers pockets every time their fighters miss weight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 18 2013, 07:51 PM) *
It's funny to, because wasn't there rumors about chavez Jr joining Garcia as well? Lol. Maybe they should start taking money out of the trainers pockets every time their fighters miss weight.

well the fighters pay their trainers from their salaries....so that may happen already. laugh.gif chavez should stick it out with roach.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 18 2013, 07:17 PM) *
well the fighters pay their trainers from their salaries....so that may happen already. laugh.gif chavez should stick it out with roach.

You think Roach can help Chavez Jr?
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 18 2013, 07:22 PM) *

Chavez needs a kick in the ass. Nacho Berstein would be perfect but Chavez Jr. ain't about that life.

You know what I honestly think Garcia really does not care. Mike Garcia is the Golden goose and to be honest they will bring him up slowly. Mike is a good fighter and has a great head on his shoulders. I just wonder how he would fair against someone as fast and smart as him?

Garcia won't get punished because people like him, he is fan friendly and no one will question his fighters or his techniques. I would agree with Daprofessor that he is a little overrated.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 19 2013, 11:14 AM) *
Chavez needs a kick in the ass. Nacho Berstein would be perfect but Chavez Jr. ain't about that life.

You know what I honestly think Garcia really does not care. Mike Garcia is the Golden goose and to be honest they will bring him up slowly. Mike is a good fighter and has a great head on his shoulders. I just wonder how he would fair against someone as fast and smart as him?

Garcia won't get punished because people like him, he is fan friendly and no one will question his fighters or his techniques. I would agree with Daprofessor that he is a little overrated.

Chavez Jr should have went with Nacho, not saying anything bad about Roach but I think nacho would hold him more accountable and light a fire under his ass and I bet that's what scared him away. He wants to train. When he feels like it and just go through the motions. He better do something because he will get beat down at 168

I think Garcia is slightly over rated also and I think a fight between Mike y and Russell Jr would tell a lot about both
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 18 2013, 10:22 PM) *

yes, i do. i've seen the progress he made under roach and it was impressive imo. i'm sure there are other trainers out there who could do well with him, but when he was doing things roach's way...he had success. it was just in that last fight that he started trying to be the mexican version of floyd training at all hours of the night....at barbeques and shit. laugh.gif he needs to tell his pops to shut up...and let him do his thing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 19 2013, 12:14 PM) *

has nacho had success with anyone that he didn't bring up? i think him and chavez would be a bad match.

did i sahy garcia was overrated!? unsure.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 19 2013, 04:58 PM) *
yes, i do. i've seen the progress he made under roach and it was impressive imo. i'm sure there are other trainers out there who could do well with him, but when he was doing things roach's way...he had success. it was just in that last fight that he started trying to be the mexican version of floyd training at all hours of the night....at barbeques and shit. laugh.gif he needs to tell his pops to shut up...and let him do his thing.

I think his style of fighting suits Roach's style of coaching. Nacho is a far better disciplinarian then Roach in my view.

Yeah he'd eat bbq and then train, the recipe for disaster lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 19 2013, 06:18 PM) *
I think his style of fighting suits Roach's style of coaching. Nacho is a far better disciplinarian then Roach in my view.

Yeah he'd eat bbq and then train, the recipe for disaster lol

beristain will have him eating quail eggs and drinking his own piss. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 19 2013, 06:29 PM) *
beristain will have him eating quail eggs and drinking his own piss. laugh.gif

I have no come back for that be a use that's the absolute 100% truth lol
klonopinz
chavez jr is a pure brawler, kid doesnt even know wat a jab is, or why it even exists as a tool. He uses his chin as a jab. Nacho is a pure boxer trainer, i think it would be the worst match up honestly, not only that but a trainer has to mesh with a fighters personality and not but heads, i see nach and chavez butting heads cuz nacho has to have it his way. Chavez aint listening to anybody, not even his fuckin legendary ass dad. i think because roach doesnt push him too hard, thats why he works well with him, because he doesnt need to be defiant, roach will just work on his schedule and thats the only way he will take it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jun 19 2013, 10:35 PM) *
chavez jr is a pure brawler, kid doesnt even know wat a jab is, or why it even exists as a tool. He uses his chin as a jab. Nacho is a pure boxer trainer, i think it would be the worst match up honestly, not only that but a trainer has to mesh with a fighters personality and not but heads, i see nach and chavez butting heads cuz nacho has to have it his way. Chavez aint listening to anybody, not even his fuckin legendary ass dad. i think because roach doesnt push him too hard, thats why he works well with him, because he doesnt need to be defiant, roach will just work on his schedule and thats the only way he will take it.

u hit the nail on the head. now if chavez would just get back to what worked for them...he'll be better off. he was actually throwing jabs against manfredo.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2013, 03:45 PM) *
u hit the nail on the head. now if chavez would just get back to what worked for them...he'll be better off. he was actually throwing jabs against manfredo.

But that was manfredo lol. He doesn't even box full time, the dude lays ice down for hockey games for a living he's not boxes. He looked decent against lee but that was in a fucking cubicle of a ring and he looked massive
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 22 2013, 05:48 PM) *
But that was manfredo lol. He doesn't even box full time, the dude lays ice down for hockey games for a living he's not boxes. He looked decent against lee but that was in a fucking cubicle of a ring and he looked massive

jr is crude...but his punch is what saves him. if he can land that hook...or a decent right hand...he has a little something. he's not an "A" class fighter....but he has "A" class power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.