Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GAMBOA VS Terrance Crawford
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MAHDI
Some have said 135 is weak and that Crawford is wasting time there, but Gamboa is world class talent. Who wins the bout at 135. I would say Crawford cleans his clock...
daprofessor
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 20 2013, 01:40 PM) *
Some have said 135 is weak and that Crawford is wasting time there, but Gamboa is world class talent. Who wins the bout at 135. I would say Crawford cleans his clock...

hard to say because i've only seen crawford against slower, come forward opponents. gamboa has world class speed and skill. both guys can be hit. it would be very interesting. both would be each others toughest opponent to date.
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 20 2013, 01:40 PM) *

Gamboa is not that good at these bigger weights. And he has a questionable chin, he's awkward and looks pretty good against brawlers or slower fighters but I expect a good boxer to make him look terrible.

Have you seen boas last two fights? He looks like absolute shit...
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 20 2013, 03:33 PM) *
Gamboa is not that good at these bigger weights. And he has a questionable chin, he's awkward and looks pretty good against brawlers or slower fighters but I expect a good boxer to make him look terrible.

Have you seen boas last two fights? He looks like absolute shit...

i saw his fight against the filipino but missed that last one. he looked rusty against the filipino but still made adjustments and pulled it together for a pretty decisive victory despite the knockdown.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2013, 03:40 PM) *
i saw his fight against the filipino but missed that last one. he looked rusty against the filipino but still made adjustments and pulled it together for a pretty decisive victory despite the knockdown.

He survived but he was getting slammed. He's just not that big and the layoff may have hurt him more than we think. He's no spring chicken
MAHDI
Yeah, he looked like he just had a few drinks the way he fought in his last bout. I saw nothing that says he is ready to make any real noise. I was suggesting Crawford whip his ass because he seems to be the only real name in the division. If Crawford waxed him it may get him some attention?
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 22 2013, 09:26 PM) *
Yeah, he looked like he just had a few drinks the way he fought in his last bout. I saw nothing that says he is ready to make any real noise. I was suggesting Crawford whip his ass because he seems to be the only real name in the division. If Crawford waxed him it may get him some attention?

Eh. There's a reason he was gonna get fed to Rios. The guy probably couldn't sell free seats to his fights lol, it would he a good name on his resume I guess but at this point gamboa looks like hes bloated and he's up in age with no fan base. The guy needs to do something drastic to turn it around, maybe go after vasquez or burns or try to lose some weight and.go after someone at 130
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Eh. There's a reason he was gonna get fed to Rios. The guy probably couldn't sell free seats to his fights lol, it would he a good name on his resume I guess but at this point gamboa looks like hes bloated and he's up in age with no fan base. The guy needs to do something drastic to turn it around, maybe go after vasquez or burns or try to lose some weight and.go after someone at 130

Well from what I read, Broner has hinted of going down to 140 and even 135, but you earlier stating the fight would never take place sticks in my head...
Cshel86
I'm almost willing to bet that Gamboa speaks better English than Crawford, after his recent interview on that Lopez/Garcia card a couple of weeks ago.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 24 2013, 06:26 PM) *
I'm almost willing to bet that Gamboa speaks better English than Crawford, after his recent interview on that Lopez/Garcia card a couple of weeks ago.

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 20 2013, 02:15 PM) *
hard to say because i've only seen crawford against slower, come forward opponents. gamboa has world class speed and skill. both guys can be hit. it would be very interesting. both would be each others toughest opponent to date.

I agree, the key for me is how well Crawford is able to deal with the speed and power of Gamboa, if he's able to handle it and adjust then I say he wins a decision or maybe a late stoppage against Gamboa
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2013, 02:46 AM) *
I agree, the key for me is how well Crawford is able to deal with the speed and power of Gamboa, if he's able to handle it and adjust then I say he wins a decision or maybe a late stoppage against Gamboa

i'm rethinking crawford/broner. that's a lot more even that i originally thought.
MAHDI
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 08:44 PM) *
i'm rethinking crawford/broner. that's a lot more even that i originally thought.

How good have Crawford's last two opponents been relative to Broner's? Crawford has been very impressive and has show a defense that is tremendous. he took some shots in his last bout but himself said that is what happens when you come forward.. When he timed the guy after about the third round he was hardly being touched. he shows more than broner
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 07:44 PM) *

I'm not, it would be a good and competitive fight but at 135. I think broner could best him
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2013, 10:08 PM) *
I'm not, it would be a good and competitive fight but at 135. I think broner could best him

based on what? Crawford is better defensively and seems to have a better arsenal... ?
mgrover
am surprised nobodies trying to push this kid to welterweight already
MAHDI
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 26 2013, 11:22 AM) *

let the asshole Broner rush up there where he will be beaten down if matched with a good chin and power... Crawford will emerge in the right time
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 26 2013, 11:22 AM) *

Oh dont worry, the "stupid train" is coming soon. Lol
MAHDI
The author of this thread was on to something... MR CHITOWN says this fight is in the works.. Crawford will eat Gamboa
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 11 2013, 08:17 AM) *
The author of this thread was on to something... MR CHITOWN says this fight is in the works.. Crawford will eat Gamboa

Saw it on a few sites and Arum is trying to make this happen for OCT 5th. I agree, Gamboa about to get worked over by Terrence in this one
daprofessor
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 25 2013, 09:58 PM) *
How good have Crawford's last two opponents been relative to Broner's? Crawford has been very impressive and has show a defense that is tremendous. he took some shots in his last bout but himself said that is what happens when you come forward.. When he timed the guy after about the third round he was hardly being touched. he shows more than broner

he has gears. broner seemed to be stuck in one gear against malignaggi. crawford is more versatile.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 25 2013, 10:08 PM) *

i'd like to see it play out.
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 25 2013, 08:58 PM) *

Prescott was a good win. But come on that last fight was against a nobody, let's not get carried away. Paulie may not be extra ordinary but he's a veteran and has been a top fighter in his weight class for a long time.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 11 2013, 04:36 PM) *
i'd like to see it play out.

I agree, imo Crawford is the only legitimate threat to Broner in that weight class
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.