Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez's English Has Really Improved
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14590.html

Seems like a silly topic, but I actually thought he's progressed quite a bit since I last hear him speak in English. It ain't exactly the easiest language to learn now, even as a Spanish speaker.

I'm glad because if this helps him connect with even a few more fans to the point where more PPV's are bought, then he earns more. I love watching this guy fight and hopefully he can close out his boxing career with both great wins and adequate compensation.

In related news, I'm really, really looking forward to this fight. I think it will be highly competitive to say the least.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 21 2013, 05:19 AM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14590.html

Seems like a silly topic, but I actually thought he's progressed quite a bit since I last hear him speak in English. It ain't exactly the easiest language to learn now, even as a Spanish speaker.

I'm glad because if this helps him connect with even a few more fans to the point where more PPV's are bought, then he earns more. I love watching this guy fight and hopefully he can close out his boxing career with both great wins and adequate compensation.

In related news, I'm really, really looking forward to this fight. I think it will be highly competitive to say the least.

I agree and was thinking the same thing, Max-san
daprofessor
+1
daprofessor
on a different note....is it just me? or does bradley look kind of chubby?
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2013, 10:46 PM) *

he does

also wtf is this shit with the drug testing, I get that the USADA isn't 100% non corrupt but the VADA was created by the dude who sold PEDs so neither company is really all that clean.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 21 2013, 07:36 PM) *
he does

also wtf is this shit with the drug testing, I get that the USADA isn't 100% non corrupt but the VADA was created by the dude who sold PEDs so neither company is really all that clean.

it has became very clear to me that bradley is reading the websites and believing the bullshit. he's just repeating the non-sense of other idiots.

usada is the organization that busted lance armstrong and they aren't credible? vada has victor conte on their board and they're legit? it ain't hard to figure. especially when u consider the hacks championing vada also happen to be buddies with conte and write favorable shit about him.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2013, 05:46 PM) *

He looks huge. But marquez looks bigger than usual to during his off time
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 22 2013, 12:59 AM) *
it has became very clear to me that bradley is reading the websites and believing the bullshit. he's just repeating the non-sense of other idiots.

usada is the organization that busted lance armstrong and they aren't credible? vada has victor conte on their board and they're legit? it ain't hard to figure. especially when u consider the hacks championing vada also happen to be buddies with conte and write favorable shit about him.

course there not, I wonder what payments they were getting from Armstrong not to bust him during that time.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 21 2013, 08:35 PM) *
course there not, I wonder what payments they were getting from Armstrong not to bust him during that time.

good point.
pakboy

[/quote]

I'm sorry but how long was lance Armstrong competing for? All that time and no positive test? Haha credible my ass
The Original MrFactor
HGH... Increased cranial capacity ha significantly increased his knowledge and ability to reason... LOL!
MaxPayne
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 22 2013, 07:06 PM) *
HGH... Increased cranial capacity ha significantly increased his knowledge and ability to reason... LOL!

Not gonna lie. He's definitely been on "that bullshit". A 40 year old man doesn't just get ripped like that out of nowhere, ESPECIALLY at a higher weight. Oh well, Manny was juicing too so whatcha gone do...
Dolimite
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 23 2013, 02:06 AM) *
Not gonna lie. He's definitely been on "that bullshit". A 40 year old man doesn't just get ripped like that out of nowhere, ESPECIALLY at a higher weight. Oh well, Manny was juicing too so whatcha gone do...

Amazing how the media and the fans say that Juan was juicing when he fought Manny the 4th time, but Manny gets the excuse that he is a freak of an athlete. In the history of all of boxing no one got stronger and faster as they moved up in weight except for Manny. Manny gets stretched out and people now want to say drugs is an issue in boxing. I see he is using drug testing for his fight with Rios. Until someone has clear proof that Juan was juicing, I say fair game. If Manny can say that he was clean then so can Juan. Juan never turned down a drug test unlike the Congressman.

Amandla
This is a bit off-topic but since we're talking about Marquez.. I was talking to some Mexican dude the other day. He was going on about how much he hates Marquez because of his political support for the current president. He said he RECIEVES money from the current administration and is a real asskisser of some really corrupt politicians. He dedicated the Pacquiao win to this guy.

Apparently many Mexican boxers do it to some extent but Marquez is the worst.

Erik doesn't really do it at all. Canelo does it a little. But Marquez loves to kiss government ass.

Sad story but true. I think he's a great fighter but I guess drinking all that pee he got a taste for kissing ass.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Amandla @ Jun 23 2013, 08:54 AM) *
This is a bit off-topic but since we're talking about Marquez.. I was talking to some Mexican dude the other day. He was going on about how much he hates Marquez because of his political support for the current president. He said he RECIEVES money from the current administration and is a real asskisser of some really corrupt politicians. He dedicated the Pacquiao win to this guy.

Erik doesn't really do it at all. Canelo does it a little. But Marquez loves to kiss government ass.

Sad story but true. I think he's a great fighter but I guess drinking all that pee he got a taste for kissing ass.

Who gives a flying shit. He knows where his bread is buttered. Who cares. And why are you talking to a Mexican who lives in he states... if he wants to make a difference he should go to Mexico run for office and change shit. Don't bitch from another country. That is weak.
Amandla
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 01:49 PM) *
Who gives a flying shit. He knows where his bread is buttered. Who cares. And why are you talking to a Mexican who lives in he states... if he wants to make a difference he should go to Mexico run for office and change shit. Don't bitch from another country. That is weak.

I was talking to a Mexican who lives in Mexico.

We were talking about politics and then started talking boxing. I gave a shit, mainly cos it was the opinion of the guy I was talking to. I'd always respected Marquez more or less as a warrior. So we started talking boxing and he came out with this big long rant about Marquez, really angry long rant.

He started on Canelo so I was curious and just started throwing names at him. Then he just concluded that they aren't that bad but Marquez is the worst for it.

He's definitely a Mexican in Mexico. I don't want to drag this off-topic too much.

Just was something about Marquez I heard from a bona fide Mexican patriot that stuck in my head cos it came as a surprise.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 10:16 AM) *
Amazing how the media and the fans say that Juan was juicing when he fought Manny the 4th time, but Manny gets the excuse that he is a freak of an athlete. In the history of all of boxing no one got stronger and faster as they moved up in weight except for Manny. Manny gets stretched out and people now want to say drugs is an issue in boxing. I see he is using drug testing for his fight with Rios. Until someone has clear proof that Juan was juicing, I say fair game. If Manny can say that he was clean then so can Juan. Juan never turned down a drug test unlike the Congressman.

Manny dont get no excuses. I think he the king of juicers. He gets the credit for initially not making the Mayweather fight come off because of his stance on testing. I have no doubt in my mind that his Barry Bonds like ascent was natural.
checkleft
You guys do know its absolutely more than possible to gain muscle mass right? It's not like it happened overnight, it took him about a year to get that big. Come on guys, yea its possible he juices, anybody can he juicing. But isn't it more possible that one of the more dedicated and hard working fighters the sport has seen just amounted muscle mass naturally?
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 02:58 PM) *
You guys do know its absolutely more than possible to gain muscle mass right? It's not like it happened overnight, it took him about a year to get that big. Come on guys, yea its possible he juices, anybody can he juicing. But isn't it more possible that one of the more dedicated and hard working fighters the sport has seen just amounted muscle mass naturally?

Check, in their eyes on Manny can have muscle. Forbid anyone else that works their ass off in the gym and gives 100% to their craft, no they are juicing. Manny is the only one that can carry weight and KO fighters. If Rios gets in his licks and knocks Manny down than he is juicing. There is only one pure fighter in the game and that is Manny.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 09:37 PM) *
Check, in their eyes on Manny can have muscle. Forbid anyone else that works their ass off in the gym and gives 100% to their craft, no they are juicing. Manny is the only one that can carry weight and KO fighters. If Rios gets in his licks and knocks Manny down than he is juicing. There is only one pure fighter in the game and that is Manny.

Manny is a great fighter and an amazing athlete but its those views and those fans that made me grow some disdain towards him.

Him and marquez come from opposition ends
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 24 2013, 08:01 AM) *
Manny is a great fighter and an amazing athlete but its those views and those fans that made me grow some disdain towards him.

Him and marquez come from opposition ends

Manny is a great athlete, most fighters are, but they act like he is the only one. I mean, Sergio Martinez (excuse his last performance) is a great athlete, Mike Garcia, and a slew of others are all great athletes. Tim Bradley has a tremendous build, but no one gets credit for being a great athlete except Manny. That is what I do not like. I am not taking anything away from Manny, I just feel his fans see him as the epitome of all of boxing. I hate it. Which is why I can not cheer for him. I was a big fan when he was at the lower weights, but now, I am good.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 21 2013, 05:46 PM) *

C'mon Professor, cut the political correctness for this one instance...Bradley is fat as fuck!

laugh.gif

PS: You'd have to wonder how he's gonna handle a counter shot from JMM, now that he's blown up this big between fights. I mean we saw how he had a hard time taking those punches in the Provodnikov fight. I hope I'm wrong here...

QUOTE (Amandla @ Jun 23 2013, 12:54 PM) *

...and the "Post of the Day" award goes to...

laugh.gif

Too funny!

Reading is fundamental...I see that it was already pointed out to you though. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 24 2013, 03:11 PM) *
C'mon Professor, cut the political correctness for this one instance...Bradley is fat as fuck!

laugh.gif

PS: You'd have to wonder how he's gonna handle a counter shot from JMM, now that he's blown up this big between fights. I mean we saw how he had a hard time taking those punches in the Provodnikov fight. I hope I'm wrong here...

laugh.gif

Too funny!

Reading is fundamental...I see that it was already pointed out to you though. Lol

The guy mentioned he was in after my post, how was I suppose to know the dude was in Mexico when he didn't say anything about being in Mexico. And again, we had athletes who supported Bush and we have athletes who support Obama. Its their right... who cares...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 02:28 PM) *
The guy mentioned he was in after my post, how was I suppose to know the dude was in Mexico when he didn't say anything about being in Mexico. And again, we had athletes who supported Bush and we have athletes who support Obama. Its their right... who cares...

He DID say that the dude was from Mexico...slow down and read sometimes D. Lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Amandla @ Jun 23 2013, 12:54 PM) *

the president of mexico's wife called margarito before his bout with cotto to wish him luck. apparently the love goes both ways?
daprofessor

u been hanging with cshels and chitown a bit too much lately. laugh.gif u said u weren't hard on the ladies....the only woman on the board and you're trying to run her off? smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 24 2013, 06:11 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Too funny!

he better get back to boxing and make sure he's not there for the counters.
mgrover
JMM vs Margs anyone??
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 25 2013, 11:58 AM) *
He DID say that the dude was from Mexico...slow down and read sometimes D. Lol

How many Mexicans who live in the States are from Mexico? I did read that. You know how many Mexicans I know who live in Cali who are from Mexico? MANY! be more specific next time. Cshels and Chi maybe having a negative affect on me. Damn shame!
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 25 2013, 08:19 PM) *
JMM vs Margs anyone??

Ew
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 08:17 PM) *
u been hanging with cshels and chitown a bit too much lately. laugh.gif u said u weren't hard on the ladies....the only woman on the board and you're trying to run her off? smh.

#iDisrespectHoes

cool.gif

Lmao! Nah, really though...what ever happened to VJones? dntknw.gif She was a great poster

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 25 2013, 08:18 PM) *
he better get back to boxing and make sure he's not there for the counters.

Good ol' Timmy will be fine...I hope. At this point of JMM's career...his experience is his biggest and most dangerous weapon. That wear and tear isn't hard to see at all, but JMM's one of those "go out there and get the job done" type of fighters, and he's always in great shape...hence why he can hit the deck and recover at a decent rate. Timmy, as always, will be ready though.

He just better move that big ass head in this fight. Now that I think about it, as stupidly as he fought in the Ruslan fight because of that chip on his shoulder, I wonder how he'll conduct himself against a guy who just KO'd the guy that caused his current career so much grief, after his "win" (close) over him. Hmm....

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 25 2013, 08:19 PM) *
JMM vs Margs anyone??

Thanks MG...now where's my ulcer medication.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 10:51 PM) *
How many Mexicans who live in the States are from Mexico? I did read that. You know how many Mexicans I know who live in Cali who are from Mexico? MANY! be more specific next time. Cshels and Chi maybe having a negative affect on me. Damn shame!

Leave the kush alone D. Lol

You may have been right all along, but I just got bored and needed to start a fire in one of these threads. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 26 2013, 08:24 AM) *
#iDisrespectHoes

cool.gif

Lmao! Nah, really though...what ever happened to VJones? dntknw.gif She was a great poster

Good ol' Timmy will be fine...I hope. At this point of JMM's career...his experience is his biggest and most dangerous weapon. That wear and tear isn't hard to see at all, but JMM's one of those "go out there and get the job done" type of fighters, and he's always in great shape...hence why he can hit the deck and recover at a decent rate. Timmy, as always, will be ready though.

He just better move that big ass head in this fight. Now that I think about it, as stupidly as he fought in the Ruslan fight because of that chip on his shoulder, I wonder how he'll conduct himself against a guy who just KO'd the guy that caused his current career so much grief, after his "win" (close) over him. Hmm....

laugh.gif

You may have been right all along, but I just got bored and needed to start a fire in one of these threads. Lol

How important is to know English? Alvarez has a following that you would actually think he was a Top Notch fighter who has fought everyone at 154 and that dude doesn't speak a lick of English. His Spanish is even boring. Marquez is at least exciting when he speaks English and when he speaks Spanish. This is a dumb ass THREAD!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 26 2013, 11:24 AM) *
#iDisrespectHoes

cool.gif

laugh.gif

really. what happened to her? she knows her shit too! rare.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 03:38 PM) *
How important is to know English? Alvarez has a following that you would actually think he was a Top Notch fighter who has fought everyone at 154 and that dude doesn't speak a lick of English. His Spanish is even boring. Marquez is at least exciting when he speaks English and when he speaks Spanish. This is a dumb ass THREAD!

Shut up D! Lol

Oscar has done all of the talking for him, so that's good enough. JMM doesn't have anyone to speak for him.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 06:01 PM) *
really. what happened to her? she knows her shit too! rare.

Right. She always had this serene type of vibe when she posting...as if she had just woke up from a nap or some shit like that. Lol. She was too cool, and as you mentioned, she knew her stuff.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 27 2013, 09:55 AM) *
Shut up D! Lol

Oscar has done all of the talking for him, so that's good enough. JMM doesn't have anyone to speak for him.

Right. She always had this serene type of vibe when she posting...as if she had just woke up from a nap or some shit like that. Lol. She was too cool, and as you mentioned, she knew her stuff.

something tells me she looks good too.
mgrover
a mexican shoot out. why not lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 27 2013, 04:18 PM) *
something tells me she looks good too.

I thought the same thing, but I didn't wanna sound like a creep. Lol
CrazyBuffalO
Down here in the Philippines everyone could speak English. The more educated ones speak with perfect English grammar, while the less educated ones speak with less perfect grammar but nevertheless still speak English.
I don't quite understand why Mexico, which is just right beside the USA, has quite a population that don't even speak English at all or can't understand English at all.
MaxPayne
Why would you speak English when you can speak a beautiful language like Spanish ?

Just kidding. They've just never really needed to. English is also relatively easy to learn from the perspective of a Spanish speaker.
MaxPayne
Regardless, my interest is simply in JMM making as much money as he can as he rounds out his career.

He's given us excellent fights while showcasing beautiful technique. I love watching the guy fight and I hope he goes out in style.
CrazyBuffalO
^speaking of Spanish, the Filipino language is actually 50% Spanish and 50% Indonesian. The Spanish language was adopted here when the Spanish invaded Asia (Philippines precisely) and ruled for some 300 years. While the natives here are of Indonesian descent. So basically 2 languages were mixed up.

Spanish words such as Lamesa, Savon, Salvaje, Silya, Coche, Piloto, Pero, Syempre, Amor, Velosidad, Porque are just a few of the day-to-day words that we use here.
Cshel86
English is the most butchered language in the world....who in the world would wanna learn it?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2013, 08:26 AM) *
English is the most butchered language in the world....who in the world would wanna learn it?

Which is why no one really perfects it. Language depends on the area which the person is from. When I was down south I could not understand a damn thing half of the people were saying to me. When I went NYC and CT I was almost afraid to ask question because of the energy that they spoke. I was like damn. Cali is different because we just are. The worse dialect as to be in Alabama and Louisiana! Forget language, it is completely out the door. Texans piss me off, I hate their twang. Now Hawaiians, the ladies, just sound sexy as ever. Chicago people sound like shit. lol
CrazyBuffalO
And how do you find Brit accent and Aussie accent?
checkleft
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 30 2013, 02:24 AM) *
Regardless, my interest is simply in JMM making as much money as he can as he rounds out his career.

He's given us excellent fights while showcasing beautiful technique. I love watching the guy fight and I hope he goes out in style.

He definitely deserves it. I think his next fight is gonna be spectacular, him and Bradley are a lot alike in some ways. They carry themselves with so much confidence never say die and take so much pride in what they do. I think its gonna be a helluva fight!!! And thus far this year there have already been some amazing matches
daprofessor
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jun 30 2013, 07:49 AM) *
^speaking of Spanish, the Filipino language is actually 50% Spanish and 50% Indonesian. The Spanish language was adopted here when the Spanish invaded Asia (Philippines precisely) and ruled for some 300 years. While the natives here are of Indonesian descent. So basically 2 languages were mixed up.

Spanish words such as Lamesa, Savon, Salvaje, Silya, Coche, Piloto, Pero, Syempre, Amor, Velosidad, Porque are just a few of the day-to-day words that we use here.

i'll just add....adobo and lechon. smile.gif
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 2 2013, 05:20 AM) *
i'll just add....adobo and lechon. smile.gif

As well as Serbesa. smile.gif

Of course both adobo and lechon are nice barchows when you're having some serbesa.
daprofessor
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Jul 2 2013, 09:03 AM) *
As well as Serbesa. smile.gif

Of course both adobo and lechon are nice barchows when you're having some serbesa.

serbesa = cerveza? huh.gif
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 09:38 AM) *
serbesa = cerveza? huh.gif

Yup. We just spell it differently here. Same meaning. Same pronunciation. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.