Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Broner vs. Malinaggi-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Plah @ Jun 23 2013, 12:23 AM) *
That last card was BS. Had it 7-5

The LAST card was BS? How 'bout the guy who gave the fight to Paulie?
mgrover
am tired and off to bed, Al haymon at work ladies and gentlemen
Hotsauce
oh shit
BigFightFan
Lol
Cshel86
Somebody shoot Broner...immediately....
Franchize
I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Paulie but I have to tip my hat to Malinaggi. He really gave a valiant effort out there. I was impressed. You could see Floyd after a while shaking his head like "they can call this kid the next me all they want. I wouldn't be getting hit by those punches."

Adrian is super talented, but he'd better learn to be a better professional inside and outside the ring. He has far too many lapses in fight. And he doesn't show his opponents enough respect in our out the ring. Respect the sport.
Cshel86
"Dont brag about taking my side piece"
jtiizzle
I called it SMH broner very dissappointed
Dolimite
117-111 is a bullshit score.

Adrien needs to grow the fuck up. Honestly. his immaturity is way off the scale.

Paulie is a little emotional and I would be as well. The split was a good thing but the 117-111 is bullshit. I am officially not rooting for Adrien from here on out. He is embarrassing.

MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 23 2013, 12:28 AM) *

Said it all along. How is Broner gonna claim a bitch whose throat Paulie skeeted in for months ?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2013, 09:27 PM) *
Somebody shoot Broner...immediately....

Sign me up!
Plah
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 23 2013, 12:25 AM) *
The LAST card was BS? How 'bout the guy who gave the fight to Paulie?

BS too, but it wasn't as bad. 117-111 is a Wide UD and Broner barely did enough to win
Franchize
It's time for people to stop calling Adrian Broner the next Floyd Mayweather. Floyd is flashy but when he's in the ring, he handles his business. He also shows respect to his opponents after the fact. The trash talk is for the PRE-FIGHT. Don't disrespect the sport.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2013, 11:23 PM) *
French Montana sounds horrible, and as a black man, I hate to say that Broner is exhibiting the coonest of all coonery. Smh

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 23 2013, 12:28 AM) *

Broner is sickening and he is overrated.. Good talent but he will lose to Terrance Crawford and his power at 147 is not all that. He better go down to 140. Lucky Paulie has no power
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 22 2013, 09:33 PM) *
It's time for people to stop calling Adrian Broner the next Floyd Mayweather. Floyd is flashy but when he's in the ring, he handles his business. He also shows respect to his opponents after the fact. The trash talk is for the PRE-FIGHT. Don't disrespect the sport.

Exactly. Floyd respects the sport and to be honest he builds up the fight and then does his business in the ring. After he gets the W he gives props to his opponent and moves on. Broner is a classless asshole and to be I do not think he is the total package. This kid is an asshole. He is barely won this fight.
The Original MrFactor
The Midget said we can pick his next opponent?!?!? Whoever has the highest percentage?? I'm picking Wladimir Klitschko!!

This was a EXACTLY how I called it Midget SD12. Looked like Paulie was winning some rounds in there, but at the end of the day the Midget won because he is the "money' guy...
Cheesey1
Broner's immature, but if he kept the jab in the mix tonight and had been busier, he would've looked very impressive and possibly stopped Paulie.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 12:31 AM) *
117-111 is a bullshit score.

Adrien needs to grow the fuck up. Honestly. his immaturity is way off the scale.

Paulie is a little emotional and I would be as well. The split was a good thing but the 117-111 is bullshit. I am officially not rooting for Adrien from here on out. He is embarrassing.

THIS. However, I don't think this was split worthy....I had it 8-4 and most of those were the early rounds that AB gave away. I will say this, Haymon or someone needs to pull dude to the side and let him know, he might be "messin' w/ the church's money" w/ all that extra disrespectful stuff. Clearly this isn't the performance he should be proud of, mainly b/c he should made this quite one-sided, but didn't. That being said, I think he's a victim of "relative" rounds, in that, he should be blowing Paulie away and when he doesn't, it automatically means Paulie wins the round. I say that b/c I've read on this board, about how "pitty pat punches" get clowned and that's all Paulie had tonight (well, that and his couples therapy hugging). To use the Max Kellerman method of judging rounds, "How many of those rounds would you rather have been Paulie instead of Adrien?" For me, that answer was DEFINITELY no more than 4.
Dolimite
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 22 2013, 09:33 PM) *
Broner is sickening and he is overrated.. Good talent but he will lose to Terrance Crawford and his power at 147 is not all that. He better go down to 140. Lucky Paulie has no power

Very much so. Kid is classless and French Montana I had never seen before. His music is whack just like Broner's sportsmanship. I hope goes down to 135 or 140. What happens if the majority of the fans pick Mayweather to fight Broner? I would hope Floyd decapitates him.
BigFightFan
I don't know why people are calling this a robbery, I had it unanimous for Broner. Paulie should have let him have his interview and kept it moving. Is the post fight being streamed live?
Franchize
After a while, Floyd was clapping for Paulie. He also was shaking his head as Broner was going on his little tirade. It's odd that I had Paulie losing but I gained more respect for him and lost respect for Broner. Once the final bell rings, let that shit go. Respect the man that, like you, puts himself through hell to perform for arguably the most grueling sport in the world. Someone is going to take the wind right out of Broner's sails, and unlike Mayweather, he's not going to have the respect from his peers for someone to care.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 23 2013, 12:38 AM) *
THIS. However, I don't think this was split worthy....I had it 8-4 and most of those were the early rounds that AB gave away. I will say this, Haymon or someone needs to pull dude to the side and let him know, he might be "messin' w/ the church's money" w/ all that extra disrespectful stuff. Clearly this isn't the performance he should be proud of, mainly b/c he should made this quite one-sided, but didn't. That being said, I think he's a victim of "relative" rounds, in that, he should be blowing Paulie away and when he doesn't, it automatically means Paulie wins the round. I say that b/c I've read on this board, about how "pitty pat punches" get clowned and that's all Paulie had tonight (well, that and his couples therapy hugging). To use the Max Kellerman method of judging rounds, "How many of those rounds would you rather have been Paulie instead of Adrien?" For me, that answer was DEFINITELY no more than 4.

I also had it a UD for Broner.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 12:41 AM) *
I don't know why people are calling this a robbery, I had it unanimous for Broner. Paulie should have let him have his interview and kept it moving. Is the post fight being streamed live?

T.H.I.S.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 23 2013, 12:41 AM) *
I also had it a UD for Broner.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.....It ain't easy.....like a MF!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 23 2013, 12:31 AM) *
Said it all along. How is Broner gonna claim a bitch whose throat Paulie skeeted in for months ?

He's got to be a loser for "claiming" this chick. What a douche...

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 12:32 AM) *
Sign me up!

I'm already in a crawl position with my gun cocked...

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 23 2013, 12:33 AM) *

I hate that dude! Well, I dont hate him, but he' just a strong embarrassment....
Dolimite
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 22 2013, 09:38 PM) *

I gave it a little closer but shit 7-5. But it is cool. Adrien is embarrassing. I want to like the guy but he goes out of his way to be a bitch made dude. He goes overboard. There was no need for the comment about the girl at the end. Al Haymon is gong to have a hell of a PR headache with this dude. he did not look all that great at 147. His punches did not hurt Paulie at all. If he fights someone that can punch then its going to be a long night. Broner relies too heavy or his talent. No discipline what so ever. He did not have a plan b for this fight. Paulie fought his ass off.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2013, 09:44 PM) *
He's got to be a loser for "claiming" this chick. What a douche...

I'm already in a crawl position with my gun cocked...

I hate that dude! Well, I dont hate him, but he' just a strong embarrassment....

Broner is a coon. And I already shot one off from my heater. lol

That was a sad display at the end. I even have the feeling Mayweather is tired of Adrien however when May was getting om K-9's wife everyone was up in arms. The difference was she was talking shit to him first and not only that but K9 didn't say shit to Mayweather.

Anyway, Paulie showed great heart and Adrien showed his ass.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 12:44 AM) *
I gave it a little closer but shit 7-5. But it is cool. Adrien is embarrassing. I want to like the guy but he goes out of his way to be a bitch made dude. He goes overboard. There was no need for the comment about the girl at the end. Al Haymon is gong to have a hell of a PR headache with this dude. he did not look all that great at 147. His punches did not hurt Paulie at all. If he fights someone that can punch then its going to be a long night. Broner relies too heavy or his talent. No discipline what so ever. He did not have a plan b for this fight. Paulie fought his ass off.

I wouldn't dare squabble over a round....it's his 1st of xx at 147. We'll see how he looks, if he stays there. I'm thinking, he'll hit 140 b/c he's gonna eventually have to fight Devon and apparently, those midwesterners are cool. To be honest, no one but Khan looked good against Paulie and his length afforded him that privilege as much as anything. I'll agree, he needs to treat what goes on inside that ring w/ much more respect.
emd01
Nice win for Broner but the kid is seriously over rated. I do not think he's the "future of boxing". I wish Paulie had just a lil power and he wouldve coasted through Broner imo.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 23 2013, 12:49 AM) *
I wouldn't dare squabble over a round....it's his 1st of xx at 147. We'll see how he looks, if he stays there. I'm thinking, he'll hit 140 b/c he's gonna eventually have to fight Devon and apparently, those midwesterners are cool. To be honest, no one but Khan looked good against Paulie and his length afforded him that privilege as much as anything. I'll agree, he needs to treat what goes on inside that ring w/ much more respect.

THIS explanation is why we need you around more! We dont just need you when big fights happen. Don't get the "Canelo" syndrome...you haven't "made it" yet sir. laugh.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 12:41 AM) *

So you had no issue with Adrien Broner taunting him after the fight but had an issue with Paulie's retaliation?
Dolimite
I forgot to do this: Congrats to the Miami Heat for winning their second championship! LET's GO HEAT!!!!

Banks looked tired and uninterested in the fight against Seth. Seth made great adjustments but the guy has a weak chin.

The first fight was close I thought the Mexican cat did enough to retain his belt. Beka was every where.

Bernard Hopkins should never commentate ever again.

Paulie fought his ass off and Broner stuck his entire foot in his mouth. Kid needs to learn some class. And his dad looked like the sun.
hitman
clear win for broner. i don't see any way of scoring that fight for paulie. having said that, broner is gonna be in trouble with any solid welterweight with some power.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 23 2013, 12:54 AM) *
So you had no issue with Adrien Broner taunting him after the fight but had an issue with Paulie's retaliation?

Paulie could have said his piece during his interview after Broner. Paulie stooped to his level so both need to be held accountable.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 12:58 AM) *
I forgot to do this: Congrats to the Miami Heat for winning their second championship! LET's GO HEAT!!!!

Take your ass to bed man! I hate the Heat(s) and their mindless nuthugging fans! Bunch of douches...hope they all eat glass!!!
jtiizzle
broner disappointed the epitome of a ratchet classless unprofessional...he screwed around the whole fight and got a split decision and is still talking.. go back to 135
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 23 2013, 12:53 AM) *
THIS explanation is why we need you around more! We dont just need you when big fights happen. Don't get the "Canelo" syndrome...you haven't "made it" yet sir. laugh.gif

LOL....I try to be, but tbh, I read what is already said on the board and it's so spot on, wtf would I re-invent the wheel. You MFs would clown the shit outta me for stating what's been stated 6 x previously. How do I know? I've read it and damn near pissed myself from laughter. You, MrChitown and daprofessor come to immediately. Nuh-uh....no thank you sir. Ha Ha Ha.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 23 2013, 01:00 AM) *
Take your ass to bed man! I hate the Heat(s) and their mindless nuthugging fans! Bunch of douches...hope they all eat glass!!!

yahoo.gif
MAHDI
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Jun 23 2013, 01:02 AM) *
broner disappointed the epitome of a ratchet classless unprofessional...he screwed around the whole fight and got a split decision and is still talking.. go back to 135

He will not go to 135.. T Crawford is there
MAHDI

He will not go to 135.. T Crawford is there
Tray1201
Broner clearly won the fight but he also showed he nowere near flloyd mayweather ..good fight tho
Genius
Broner let me down tonight

He wasn't sharp
Franchize
Thing with Broner is, while he looked less than dominant against Paulie, there aren't many people he's going to face that are as good boxing wise as him. The main threats he's likely to face are moreso your garden variety big power punchers. I don't think that's what's going to beat Broner. In fact, I predict that the person that dethrones Broner won't even be his best opponent. Broner will get clipped by an average guy who's technically responsible. Just my humble opinion.
Cshel86

I cant argue with this! Lol

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 23 2013, 01:02 AM) *
LOL....I try to be, but tbh, I read what is already said on the board and it's so spot on, wtf would I re-invent the wheel. You MFs would clown the shit outta me for stating what's been stated 6 x previously. How do I know? I've read it and damn near pissed myself from laughter. You, MrChitown and daprofessor come to immediately. Nuh-uh....no thank you sir. Ha Ha Ha.

I hear ya! I've been busy lately as well. You cant re-invent the wheel, because I'm so serious and Professor just puts the facts out there...you provide that balance of fact and comedy. Every hand is needed here! Lol

I laugh at most of the posts here...especially when Im gone for more than a day or two...everybody here usually wilds out! Lol

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 01:03 AM) *
yahoo.gif

I cant stand the "Heat(s)"
Hotsauce
Shoutout to the blackhawks
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 23 2013, 01:21 AM) *
Shoutout to the blackhawks

laugh.gif

Dont start nothin'!!!
Jack 1000
The first fight was entertaining. That little Mexican dude had a ton of heart and courage. I had it 116-112, Bika. Nice little scrap. Bad that Ward's title was taken from him though. Good fight, but should not have been for a world title.

I think Banks-Mitchell II should be investigated for such a terrible non-effort by both. I fast-forwarded after the 7th round to the decision. That was awful! Why did Farhood give a 10-8 round in the 3rd?

I hate Broner because he's trying so hard to be like Mayweather, but is such a loser. I wanted Paulie to win, because I could not stand how fucking Jim Lamply used to pom-pom Broner as the "Second Coming." But sadly, Adrien won this fight fair and square. I had it 116-112. I could accept a 115-113 card for Broner, but no closer than that. The 115-113 Malinaggi card was insane. The 117-111 Broner card WAS too wide, but at least that judge voted for the right fighter. Broner took too many of the later rounds, after Paulie started out very well to pull out a close decision.

What was Paulie screaming to Adiran about after the fight?

Jack
xxxxxx
Good Boxing tonight! Nice to see persistence pay off for Bika and also nice to see Mitchell get a Victory after the bad news about his child. It's kinda ironic that Banks got the emotional win after Mannys death and now Mitchell gets the emotional win after his childs death. Both seem like good guys who are both top 10-15 Heavyweights in the World. As for the main event, I was entertained. Paulie is a solid boxer with more guts than people think. Broner won the fight, but if he wants to be considered in Mayweathers League he got some work to do. Good night for Boxing and looks like all year will be great when you look at the lineups for SHOWTIME, HBO, NBC, FOX AND ESPN.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Genius @ Jun 22 2013, 03:30 AM) *
Broner is gonna give Paulie a beatdown, this one won't be close.

It looked like a very competitive fight to me. I had Broner winning 7-5, but could make a case for 6-6. And Broner shoulda been deducted a point on 2 different occasions for foul play.
MaxPayne
I think the most fair score is right around 115-113 for Adrien Broner.

Broner looked sharp in spots, as Paulie said, but I'd like to see a lot more activity from him, regardless of whether it's offensive or defensive. If he's moving around the ring at angles, then that opens up counterpunching opportunities. I didn't exactly see much of that.

I also don't want to hear any of the, "well he ain't in there with somebody whose power he respects." That's that stupid shit dumbass motherfuckers say. Once again, if you move and make the guy miss, that opens up massive counters. Watch Mike Tyson. Some of his most spectacular knockouts come off of counters.

Anyways, let's also not like Paulie ain't shit. Paulie has a lot of experience, great technique and has been in there with excellent opposition. There should be no surprise from anyone that he made a real fight of it. A lot of the 7 rounds to 5 for AB comes from the fact that Paulie is a lot better than people want to give him credit for.

Lastly, Jim Gray is a motherless piece of shit and I hope something horrible happens to him every single day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.