Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Broner vs. Malinaggi-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jtiizzle
broner=clown SMH TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE
BigFightFan
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Jun 23 2013, 05:44 AM) *
broner=clown SMH TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE

Why was it a terrible performance? This is his first fight against a skilled opponent. We can't just shot on Broner for not blowing Paulie out, look at his résumé.
BigFightFan
http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.p...7g9MzQntwmJxJDW

Jessica looks like shit by the way
MaxPayne
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 06:14 AM) *

That bitch ain't shit. You see better looking girls within 5 minutes of entering any suburban mall.

Given that her 15 minutes are up, she might be on suicide watch, because Broner will probably go back to whoever he was messing around with before this hoe turned up.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 22 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Shoutout to the blackhawks

The Bias on this board is unbelievable..

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2013, 10:23 PM) *
laugh.gif

Dont start nothin'!!!

^^^^^ SO I guess Hotsauce can give love to a bitch ass team and nothing gets said? That's cool.

Broner is as classless as they come. He had an average fight and won. All that yelling while he was hitting reminded me of Devon Alexander. Watching those two fight give me a headache. All that screaming is for nothing. Broner's power did not carry, those shots he was hitting Paulie with was flush on and didn't even shake him. He better drop down back to 130 . Amazing that he won the fight but lost a lot of respect of fans and pundits with his classless behavior. They need to wheel this kid in and really have a talk with him. Say what you will about Floyd but after every fight he gave props to his opponent. He respects the game. Broner is going to get dropped I promise you... I lost a lot of respect for Broner last night. and LET'S GO HEAT!

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 23 2013, 02:04 AM) *
I think the most fair score is right around 115-113 for Adrien Broner.

Broner looked sharp in spots, as Paulie said, but I'd like to see a lot more activity from him, regardless of whether it's offensive or defensive. If he's moving around the ring at angles, then that opens up counterpunching opportunities. I didn't exactly see much of that.

I also don't want to hear any of the, "well he ain't in there with somebody whose power he respects." That's that stupid shit dumbass motherfuckers say. Once again, if you move and make the guy miss, that opens up massive counters. Watch Mike Tyson. Some of his most spectacular knockouts come off of counters.

Anyways, let's also not like Paulie ain't shit. Paulie has a lot of experience, great technique and has been in there with excellent opposition. There should be no surprise from anyone that he made a real fight of it. A lot of the 7 rounds to 5 for AB comes from the fact that Paulie is a lot better than people want to give him credit for.

Lastly, Jim Gray is a motherless piece of shit and I hope something horrible happens to him every single day.

What did Jim Gray do? Man that is harsh.

I had it 7-5 across the board. I do not know where in the hell that 117-111 score even came from. Sad really. Broner is still a classless piece of ratchet shit. French Montana is LAME... he must be from Chicago.
Franchize
Jim Gray kind of irked me last night too. He's a little too emotional in his interviews. Sometimes, he asks the questions I wanna hear that nobody else is willing to do. Other times, he kind of crosses the line and doesn't let the fighters explain themselves. Last night was the latter. I don't think Paulie was saying the fight was fixed. I think he was complaining about the 117-110 scorecard.

I also agree that we shouldn't take credit away from Paulie for making it a fight. He's not a bum. He just has no power. IMO he still has one of the best jabs in boxing. He's still a student of the game with actual boxing skill. He's not just your run of the mill guy off the street with punching power being marketed as a star.

Also, I know I'm late, but Johnathan Banks performance had to be one of the worst, most uninspired performances I've ever seen. Anytime he decided to punch, he had Mitchell in trouble. Problem is, he only decided to do so in maybe 3 rounds. I never saw much in Banks to begin with but damn. Don't waste my time dude. It was like he decided, "Mitchell is the star here. I'm just cool with beating him. Sorry for winning. I won't even do it again." Maybe I'm overreacting but the performance, his apathetic body language, his reaction to the scorecards, his trainer's perplexed pleas to see ANYTHING out of him all remind me of another former heavyweight....Oliver McCall.
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 23 2013, 01:04 AM) *
He will not go to 135.. T Crawford is there

That fight never happens. Look at their promotion companies dude, they could both be at the same weight classes be each others mandatory and each others biggest pay day and the fight will NEVER happen. So Idk what makes you think either guy is avoiding one another
BigFightFan
The whole fight card last night kind of pissed me off.

1. Bika never put his fucking hands up after the third or fourth round. He want have that belt for long

2. Banks was embarrassing, to be a champ and not let your hands go is Ludacris. He would have stoped The Chinless Giant if he would have pressed a bit

3. French Montana enough said

4. Broner trying to reply with something witty after every question he is asked. Sometimes it's better to just give a straight answer and avoid looking like an ass. I don't have a problem with Broner not squashing the beef after the fight, but I have a problem with him rocking expensive shit with his mom in the hood.

5. Malignaggi fucking whining after the fight like a little bitch I hate him. If he had won I'm sure he would have had a lot to say.
mgrover
I wonder if organisations start demanding fights if the feud between top rank and golden boy will end?
jtiizzle
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 06:25 AM) *
The Bias on this board is unbelievable..

^^^^^ SO I guess Hotsauce can give love to a bitch ass team and nothing gets said? That's cool.

Broner is as classless as they come. He had an average fight and won. All that yelling while he was hitting reminded me of Devon Alexander. Watching those two fight give me a headache. All that screaming is for nothing. Broner's power did not carry, those shots he was hitting Paulie with was flush on and didn't even shake him. He better drop down back to 130 . Amazing that he won the fight but lost a lot of respect of fans and pundits with his classless behavior. They need to wheel this kid in and really have a talk with him. Say what you will about Floyd but after every fight he gave props to his opponent. He respects the game. Broner is going to get dropped I promise you... I lost a lot of respect for Broner last night. and LET'S GO HEAT!

What did Jim Gray do? Man that is harsh.

I had it 7-5 across the board. I do not know where in the hell that 117-111 score even came from. Sad really. Broner is still a classless piece of ratchet shit. French Montana is LAME... he must be from Chicago.

LOL!!!! embarrassment
jtiizzle
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 03:01 AM) *
Why was it a terrible performance? This is his first fight against a skilled opponent. We can't just shot on Broner for not blowing Paulie out, look at his résumé.

because looks at the Odds for the fight he was supposed to smoke this guy the way he was talking and win by split decision thats terrible brah
jtiizzle
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jun 23 2013, 09:01 AM) *
Jim Gray kind of irked me last night too. He's a little too emotional in his interviews. Sometimes, he asks the questions I wanna hear that nobody else is willing to do. Other times, he kind of crosses the line and doesn't let the fighters explain themselves. Last night was the latter. I don't think Paulie was saying the fight was fixed. I think he was complaining about the 117-110 scorecard.

I also agree that we shouldn't take credit away from Paulie for making it a fight. He's not a bum. He just has no power. IMO he still has one of the best jabs in boxing. He's still a student of the game with actual boxing skill. He's not just your run of the mill guy off the street with punching power being marketed as a star.

Also, I know I'm late, but Johnathan Banks performance had to be one of the worst, most uninspired performances I've ever seen. Anytime he decided to punch, he had Mitchell in trouble. Problem is, he only decided to do so in maybe 3 rounds. I never saw much in Banks to begin with but damn. Don't waste my time dude. It was like he decided, "Mitchell is the star here. I'm just cool with beating him. Sorry for winning. I won't even do it again." Maybe I'm overreacting but the performance, his apathetic body language, his reaction to the scorecards, his trainer's perplexed pleas to see ANYTHING out of him all remind me of another former heavyweight....Oliver McCall.

that looked like A dive to me SMH...paulie right haymon fighters getting the nod..no excuses for that SMH
Jack 1000
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Jun 23 2013, 11:59 AM) *
that looked like A dive to me SMH...paulie right haymon fighters getting the nod..no excuses for that SMH

I think Banks-Mitchell should be investigated for non-effort. It was like Banks didn't care, and Mitchell didn't care all that much either. This was like watching hypothetically, a Bonecrusher Smith-Tony Tubbs snoozefest. Please Showtime, or any other network, don't put these guys on EVER AGAIN! That shit was reprehensible. Sparring sessions are more exciting than that POS!

Paulie, Haymon's fighter got the nod because you started off very well, but Broner took too many of later rounds for a close win. If you would have fought the later rounds like most of the early rounds you might have won.

Jack
Jovi
Props to DaProfessor for predicting the Broner fight exactly how it happened, I'm impressed.

I dont agree with the last scorecard of 117-110, I would have been happy with Paulie pulling an upset or draw but Broner definitely did lose his luster. He stood right in front of a feather fist and couldnt put him down imagine when someone who actually has power is hitting him all night, I really dont see how he can be so cocky after that performance. I can see him getting knocked out very soon. I don't even like the comparisons to Mayweather anymore, i wouldn't wanna disrespect him like that. Mayweather is leagues above Broner.

The Mitchell/Banks fight being so boring is what made the main event more appealing and Paulie was the most effective fighter of the night, only if he put his punches together better to get clean shots through his guard he would have been fine.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 23 2013, 03:30 PM) *
Props to DaProfessor for predicting the Broner fight exactly how it happened, I'm impressed.

I dont agree with the last scorecard of 117-110, I would have been happy with Paulie pulling an upset or draw but Broner definitely did lose his luster. He stood right in front of a feather fist and couldnt put him down imagine when someone who actually has power is hitting him all night, I really dont see how he can be so cocky after that performance. I can see him getting knocked out very soon. I don't even like the comparisons to Mayweather anymore, i wouldn't wanna disrespect him like that. Mayweather is leagues above Broner.

The Mitchell/Banks fight being so boring is what made the main event more appealing and Paulie was the most effective fighter of the night, only if he put his punches together better to get clean shots through his guard he would have been fine.

Styles make fights, lets say Broner fights someone like Maidana who is slower and doesn't use movement like Paulie. Broner might have an easier night. Just be ause someone talks shit doesn't mean they have to dominate every flight. Floyd talks a lot also and when is the last time he had a stoppage.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 01:04 PM) *
Styles make fights, lets say Broner fights someone like Maidana who is slower and doesn't use movement like Paulie. Broner might have an easier night. Just be ause someone talks shit doesn't mean they have to dominate every flight. Floyd talks a lot also and when is the last time he had a stoppage.

floyd dominated gurrero to the point gurrero was confused.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 23 2013, 12:42 AM) *
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.....It ain't easy.....like a MF!!!

If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth it.
checkleft
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Jun 23 2013, 12:57 PM) *
because looks at the Odds for the fight he was supposed to smoke this guy the way he was talking and win by split decision thats terrible brah

Do you watch boxing or are you a bookie? I may be wrong but the odds aren't always correct bro smile.gif
jtiizzle
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 03:26 PM) *
Do you watch boxing or are you a bookie? I may be wrong but the odds aren't always correct bro smile.gif

um, point is it was a disappointing performance Pauly threw all those punches and was there to be countered all night. Broner failed to make an adjustment in my opinion.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 06:03 PM) *
[/b]
floyd dominated gurrero to the point gurrero was confused.

What about the Oscar DeLahoya fight, Zab Judah, and Castillo? My point is Paulie's movement, speed, and skill will go the distance against most if not all. If u think Floyd will stop malignaggi u are crazy
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 23 2013, 12:23 AM) *
laugh.gif

Dont start nothin'!!!

Shoutout to the miami heat
sduck
Damn can't believe I missed this fight. I was so pumped about it, but forgot all about it at the last minute. Sadface.
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 12:05 PM) *
That fight never happens. Look at their promotion companies dude, they could both be at the same weight classes be each others mandatory and each others biggest pay day and the fight will NEVER happen. So Idk what makes you think either guy is avoiding one another

Not really thinking one is avoiding the other. Just building my own personal intrigue because I would love to see these two fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 04:04 PM) *
What about the Oscar DeLahoya fight, Zab Judah, and Castillo? My point is Paulie's movement, speed, and skill will go the distance against most if not all. If u think Floyd will stop malignaggi u are crazy

Floyd would Gatti Paulie let's be real. With the exception of Castillo I, Floyd dominated the other two. Judah won the first 3 rounds and it was all down hill from there. Oscar had no idea what to do.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 23 2013, 04:10 PM) *
Shoutout to the miami heat

drinks.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Floyd would Gatti Paulie let's be real. With the exception of Castillo I, Floyd dominated the other two. Judah won the first 3 rounds and it was all down hill from there. Oscar had no idea what to do.

I had Mayweather-Delahoya close, but clear for Floyd. To me it looked more like a tactical business meeting than a fight. Same with Hopkins-Delahoya.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 23 2013, 05:37 PM) *
I had Mayweather-Delahoya close, but clear for Floyd. To me it looked more like a tactical business meeting than a fight. Same with Hopkins-Delahoya.

Jack

If you looked at the mid rounds Oscar stop throwing and could not figure out how to break Floyd's defense. My card was 117-111. I haven't watched that fight in years, I may go back and try to re score it but that is what I had. It should not of been a split decision.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 09:43 PM) *
If you looked at the mid rounds Oscar stop throwing and could not figure out how to break Floyd's defense. My card was 117-111. I haven't watched that fight in years, I may go back and try to re score it but that is what I had. It should not of been a split decision.

But what did Floyd do in those same rounds?
MAHDI
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 10:04 PM) *

He landed the more clean and emphatic punches... even if they were not numerous they were better than Oscar flailing away like an Amatuer
Dolimite
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 23 2013, 07:04 PM) *

He did what Alvarez and Broner did, land precise punches
emd01
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 05:30 PM) *

Yeah, i'd feel sorry for Paulie if he landed that task. Theres a reason youve never heard Paulie talk about fighting Floyd. He'd get his ass beat bad.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Jun 23 2013, 07:10 PM) *
um, point is it was a disappointing performance Pauly threw all those punches and was there to be countered all night. Broner failed to make an adjustment in my opinion.

He did counter Paulie on occasion...just not consistently. I dunno, you'd think with all these knowledgeable fans, we'd know, you don't judge a guy, jumping up two weight classes and fighting a skilled veteran, off his first fight in said new weight class...win or lose.

Riddle me this Batman, had he blown out Paulie, do you think that would've silenced the naysayers? I mean, do you really think NO ONE on this board would have thrown out the "wait 'til he fights someone w/ power" line? I mean, it's already been thrown out. IMO, Broner underestimated Paulie, than he has overestimated his abilities. I mean, w/ all that "couples therapy" pitty pat and hugging Paulie did, he landed 25% of his total punches and still was outlanded in total punches (despite throwing FOUR times as many jabs as AB..467 to 120). Defensively, I thought AB pretty much neutralized everything Paulie wanted to do. Now, I'll contend, he's got some work to do, but hey, who doesn't?
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 24 2013, 07:26 AM) *
He did counter Paulie on occasion...just not consistently. I dunno, you'd think with all these knowledgeable fans, we'd know, you don't judge a guy, jumping up two weight classes and fighting a skilled veteran, off his first fight in said new weight class...win or lose.

Riddle me this Batman, had he blown out Paulie, do you think that would've silenced the naysayers? I mean, do you really think NO ONE on this board would have thrown out the "wait 'til he fights someone w/ power" line? I mean, it's already been thrown out. IMO, Broner underestimated Paulie, than he has overestimated his abilities. I mean, w/ all that "couples therapy" pitty pat and hugging Paulie did, he landed 25% of his total punches and still was outlanded in total punches (despite throwing FOUR times as many jabs as AB..467 to 120). Defensively, I thought AB pretty much neutralized everything Paulie wanted to do. Now, I'll contend, he's got some work to do, but hey, who doesn't?

+1
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 24 2013, 10:54 AM) *
+1

No problem with agreeing.. Just take his ignorant cooning ass off the pound for pound list ahead of guys with substantial wins... he is a work in progress and still could get his clock cleaned if matched with someone well rounded with power...
Jack 1000
The 12-1 odds favoring Broner were ridiculous! What I learned from this card

Those 12-1 odds were expected as the media borrowed Jim Lamply's left-over pom-poms, which thankfully, Showtime hasn't started cheering with yet. But the media thought Broner was the second coming. Malinaggi can make good fighters look bad. My only slight critique I don't think Malinaggi deserved the 115-113 card favoring him. This was a 115-113 to 116-112 (which I had) Broner type of win. I have learned that Paulie can still be competitive, that Broner has some good skills, but is far from great, (sorry Lamps) and I never want to see Mitchell or Banks "non-fight" ever again!

I read some comments that the Bika fight was not good. Disagree strongly! I thought that last couple of rounds were great! Especially the 12th! The bullshit was that this should not have been for a world title.

Jack
Cshel86
Now...if only I could get back around to watching this card without a drink in my hand, I could make an educated assessment (unlike the garbage that I posted Saturday night). It seems to be the hardest thing to do, right about now.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 09:30 PM) *

Looks like I'm not the only one hitting the sauce, lol. Wasn't Floyd supposed to "Gatti" Cotto last year? Paulie should be given waaaay more respect than this. I know you're a Floyd fan, but at least be a fan with good reasoning. If Broner
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 24 2013, 02:30 AM) *

But would he really? Paulie isn't stupid enough to get that badly beaten up, I wouldn't say he wins, or even that its amazingly close, but I think Paulie will have his moments.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 24 2013, 03:15 PM) *
Now...if only I could get back around to watching this card without a drink in my hand, I could make an educated assessment (unlike the garbage that I posted Saturday night). It seems to be the hardest thing to do, right about now.

Looks like I'm not the only one hitting the sauce, lol. Wasn't Floyd supposed to "Gatti" Cotto last year? Paulie should be given waaaay more respect than this. I know you're a Floyd fan, but at least be a fan with good reasoning. If Broner

I actually thought Floyd would get knocked down by Cotto. I have all the respect for Cotto. I actually the fight was way closer than those whack ass score cards. I had it 7-5 for Mayweather. Cotto did everything possible to win that fight.

Paulie is a great fighter no doubt, but I am looking at how Mayweather would cut the ring off and counter everything Paulie would throw at him. Broner stood in front of him and got hit, which made no since to me. I thought Broner would display all facets of his skill set. I actually picked Paulie to win this fight, go back in look. I haven't been drinking actually, the summer and alcohol for me is a very bad combination. Too many Cali girls walking around half naked and looking good, liquor only worsen this!
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 24 2013, 03:19 PM) *
But would he really? Paulie isn't stupid enough to get that badly beaten up, I wouldn't say he wins, or even that its amazingly close, but I think Paulie will have his moments.

It is hard to say, in order for him to connect with Floyd he would have to be in front of him, he would get some good jabs in but again, we are talking about a counter puncher, a damn good one. Broner's power did not carry up to 147 because he was hitting the Magic Man clean, Floyd is a true Welter so what would happen? Paulie has a great chin (Remember I picked Paulie to beat Broner, I respect Paulie's fight game) I just think Mayweather would figure him out and counter rights all night long.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 12:29 AM) *
It is hard to say, in order for him to connect with Floyd he would have to be in front of him, he would get some good jabs in but again, we are talking about a counter puncher, a damn good one. Broner's power did not carry up to 147 because he was hitting the Magic Man clean, Floyd is a true Welter so what would happen? Paulie has a great chin (Remember I picked Paulie to beat Broner, I respect Paulie's fight game) I just think Mayweather would figure him out and counter rights all night long.

Thing is, no offence to Floyd, he's not a true welterweight, and with his hand/wrist problems his power is unfortunately limited. Sure Broner landed some decent shots now and again. I remember a left hook that you could hear so cleanly at the end of the one of the rounds. I think this would be some type of chess match, hell I'd go as far as to say Mayweather wouldn't look as amazing as he did vs Guerrero offensively.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jun 22 2013, 12:51 AM) *
Id have to disagree with you. Broner is NOT a logical pick for all the facts you stated. Malinaggi is a great fighter. he may be the weakest 147 pounder but that doesnt change the fact that hes a good boxer. The only thing missing from his arsenal is power. And im sure Malinaggi's power at 147 is nothing compared to the power that Broner's experienced in most of his low quality opponents from 135 and below. We dont really know what Adrien Broner has to offer yet. I give him credit for DeMarco. But other than that any fighter can look stellar against low caliber opposition. Also moving up two weight classes..This fight is really a toss up. NOBODY is getting KO'ed. This will end in a decision. Im leaning towards Broner. But I think Malinaggi is just as capable of winning.

Bika will get his hand raised. He has to much experience. He's been in there with the best and Periban's credentials for a guy fighting for a vacant WBC title shows that Al Haymon is working. At least Bika is finally getting that strap though. Ward is still king. That is all.

Two things bother me about Mitchell-Banks:
1. I dont even know why people consider Banks KO of Mitchell an "upset".
2. I dont know why Seth Mitchell is getting a rematch.
Jonathan banks is and has been a KRONK fighter since CHILDHOOD. Jonathan Banks trained Klitchko when Steward wouldnt be able too and in fact he trains Klitchko now now as Steward rests peacefully in his grave. Seth Mitchell is a football player turned boxer that started in his twenties. I dont think theres much more to be said. I dont even know why that fight was mentioned. Mitchells boxing IQ doesnt compare to Jonathan Bank's. Id love to see banks fight the winner of Scott-Chisora (im riding with Scott). NOW THATS a quality fight.

broner wasn't the logical pick for what i stated....i just offered food for thought for all those who thought broner was going to walk thru paulie. i disagree that paulie is great. he does a lot of things wrong...but i didn't go into to that. one of the main reason he lacks power is because he doesn't ball up his fists...nor is his stance proper to get power on his punches. broner was the logical pick because he is the up-and-coming star...and he is al haymons fighter. paulie is not. anything close is going to the promoters guy. that's logic. i had the fight a draw.

seth apparently had more than i gave him credit for. it didn't look like banks trained to give it his all. for all that kronk experience and knowledge...i was disappointed with his performance. mitchell lives to fight another day.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jun 22 2013, 12:51 AM) *
Two things bother me about Mitchell-Banks:
1. I dont even know why people consider Banks KO of Mitchell an "upset".
2. I dont know why Seth Mitchell is getting a rematch.
Jonathan banks is and has been a KRONK fighter since CHILDHOOD. Jonathan Banks trained Klitchko when Steward wouldnt be able too and in fact he trains Klitchko now now as Steward rests peacefully in his grave. Seth Mitchell is a football player turned boxer that started in his twenties. I dont think theres much more to be said. I dont even know why that fight was mentioned. Mitchells boxing IQ doesnt compare to Jonathan Bank's. Id love to see banks fight the winner of Scott-Chisora (im riding with Scott). NOW THATS a quality fight.

1. because he was brought in as the opponent for mitchell.
2. because he is signed with the major promoter and i don't believe banks has anything else.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 22 2013, 03:59 AM) *
I can actually see Paulie doing what it takes to win the fight, but Mayweather Jr Jr getting the win at the end of the day. I expect a split decision in a close fight.

Bika has improved his boxing ability since the Ward fight. i expect big things from him in the next year. This should be a walk in the park for Bika.

Well, said. i'd like to add that I'd like the winner get a go at David Haye. I like Banks and should add that he is the 3rd Klitschko brother because he could become the 3rd best guy at heavy and the Klits wont fight him because of their bond with him. Great post...

that's a stretch....but i agree, the klits won't fight him. they should have to give him a proper payday as tribute to manny.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 22 2013, 08:59 AM) *
I dunno, I think Broner wins this and easier than people think. I'm not necessarily sold on a late stoppage, but I'm not ruling it out. While Broner talks a bunch of stuff about how he's a "star" and whatnot, I believe he'll be superior to whatever Paulie puts out there. If Adrien has lost his "luster" on the heels of that Reese fight, what has Paulie done to "restore" his? I mean, w/ all his boxing ability (don't get me wrong, dude has skills), he's best known for not being "stopped" (backhanded compliment, if you ask me) and getting jobbed in Texas against Juan Diaz. I'm not saying dude is a stiff, far from that. I'm just saying, I believe in order to downplay Broner, Paulie's "aura" is a being lil' inflated and his "glow" is growing by the day. LOL. I'm reading some message boards on other sites and dude's "glow" is like Sho'nuff's from The Last Dragon right about now. Who knows, Paulie may win, crazier things have happened. However, I'm seriously doubting this. Broner by Wide dec. (I'm talking Fat Albert and Webster on a see saw: Lopsided as hell).

imo, paulie got some glow off of winning the title. the diaz fights were the beginning of his rebirth and he's had a second life in boxing so to speak. i thought most wrote him off after the khan loss...but here he is hanging with one of the young up-and-comers. his stock did not go down in this fight and he will get a few more decent pay days. at the end of the day.....paulie is an over achiever in boxing.
checkleft
Floyd is suppose to gatti everyone... Until he doesn't
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jun 22 2013, 10:14 PM) *
Why the fuck does Broner have a diamond grill and flush $20 bills down the toilet and his mom living in the hood? BS

i was wondering the same thing. smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2013, 10:48 PM) *
Banks is killing me here...

Its like he has a chick ass naked in his bed, and refusing to go for it, because he doesn't have a rubber. I mean seriously dude, you knew didnt have one...just dive in and go for the gusto...she's ready. no2.gif

If he waits too long, he'll end up with nothing.

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2013, 10:54 PM) *
Damn Mitchell was almost ready to go in the 8th. Its clear that he cant take a fuckin punch, but damn, to be that big though...

"the bigger they are...the harder they fall."
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 22 2013, 11:10 PM) *
I hate NY boxing fans...no offense to anybody from NY. Who in their right minds, thought this one would go the distance???

Oh yeah, welcome to FightHype sir!

yessir!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jun 22 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Thank you, sir.

Haha! Yeah, I don't know if it's a particular type of person that goes to sporting events in NY, but after hearing that nonsense at one too many Knicks games (although it's kind of hard to defend the Knicks sometimes- apart from the last two years), I understand what you're saying about some NY sports fans (not just boxing fans).

new yorkers are just miserable and full of hate. it's their M.O. ever hear of the appollo theater? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.