Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who do you think Adrien Broner should fight next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Gambit808
Who r u picking?
Dolimite
Danny Garcia or Khan. Shit even Victor Ortiz. That fight would be fireworks.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 01:50 PM) *
Danny Garcia or Khan. Shit even Victor Ortiz. That fight would be fireworks.

All the guys u mentioned I believed have fights already being negotiated or are already on tap. Ortiz-Guerrero, Khan-Alexander, Garcia-Matthysse. Trust me, I was thinking the same but I think Broner will have another fight to end the year off and those guys seem occupied at the moment
Amandla
I like the sound of a Madana fight.
The Original MrFactor
Wish we could add Wladimir Klitschko to the list. I'd just love to see that jab explode Mayweather Jr Jr's head. It appears that Maidana is free. Lets let Maidana get in his ass. I'm all for seeing the excuse as to why he wont fight Margarito.. ahem Maidana.
Jovi
I want him in there with Lucas Matthysse! Now!
mgrover
whoever he fights, can people now stop hyping that he would of beat Pacman with ease.
checkleft
Vargas and I think mayfield are both TR so I doubt those get made. I say he fights the winner of Garcia vs Lucas if that fight even gets made. I heard rumors that Garcia might fight zab again smh.

Outside those two a khan fight would be interesting. Maidana would be good, guerrero, ortiz, josesito there's plenty of solid opponents at 147
sduck
War Maidana
Jayrod310
Unfortunately bam bam is tied up with pacman but after seeing him struggle with
Volume punching and a somewhat relentless attack that mallannagi brought with pit and pat shots man broner and rios would be a hell of interesting high action fight just a brawl like to see broner in a brawl see his scrapping up skills
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 02:31 PM) *
Vargas and I think mayfield are both TR so I doubt those get made. I say he fights the winner of Garcia vs Lucas if that fight even gets made. I heard rumors that Garcia might fight zab again smh.

Outside those two a khan fight would be interesting. Maidana would be good, guerrero, ortiz, josesito there's plenty of solid opponents at 147

Why would Danny fight Zab again and not Lucas? Makes no sense. I would rather see Broner and Thurman. I would be curious to see how he handles punchers power. To see if Broner's chin can hold up.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Why would Danny fight Zab again and not Lucas? Makes no sense. I would rather see Broner and Thurman. I would be curious to see how he handles punchers power. To see if Broner's chin can hold up.

Because as Thurman would say it "he's ducking thssson". That's just the rumor I heard, even tho he beat zab comfortably.

I don't think anybody is gonna make broner look like he did against paulie. Give the guy some credit! Paulie is a slick guy! There's a reason he wasn't hurt very bad, he never really got hit totally clean and all the movement didn't let broner set his feet. Paulie can make anyol boxer look average, he struggles more with brawlers
HyyerBlaze
Khan fight would be entertaining as fuck imo.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Because as Thurman would say it "he's ducking thssson". That's just the rumor I heard, even tho he beat zab comfortably.

I don't think anybody is gonna make broner look like he did against paulie. Give the guy some credit! Paulie is a slick guy! There's a reason he wasn't hurt very bad, he never really got hit totally clean and all the movement didn't let broner set his feet. Paulie can make anyol boxer look average, he struggles more with brawlers

Adrien was flate footed and kept talking throughout the entire fight and being flashy. If he fought instead of bullshitting then people wouldn't be having criticism of his performance. Paulie is a hell of a fighter but the way Broner was built up you think he would of Hattoned him
emd01
Robert Guerrero because they have unfinished business.
xxxxxx
I would like to see Khan-Broner, but highly doubt that happens next with the Khan-Alexander fight being negotiated for December. People are saying Maidana will probably get the fight. Broner beats Maidana easier than he beat Paulie.
Franchize
I want him to fight Guerrero or Alexander but if I had to chose someone off this list, I'd pick Zab Judah. I want to see this kid fight a boxer. I think some brawler with no tactics is tailor made for him. I want to see how he fairs against someone with tactical aggression. While Guerrero failed to show that against Floyd, I think that was mainly because of Floyd's skills sapping the confidence out of him in the early rounds. I think Guerrero came in there beaming with confidence and within 3 rounds realized "oh shit...he wasn't lying...it really is different when you get in the ring with him." I don't think he'll have that same respect for Broner because he'll be able to hit him a little easier.
mrwigi
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 23 2013, 09:40 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing. Im not sure about next because Thurman has a fight coming up in about a month. But I'd like to see them both have three or four more fights, and if they both remain undefeated, let them face each other. I honestly, think Keith would cause problems for The Problem because of his punching power. Broner is there to get hit, and hasnt really faced anyone with good punching power. Honestly, a match up against anyone with decent punching power would be interesting. I'd like to see if Broner can take a punch from a true 147lber with hard hands and still stand.
Cshel86
I'd bet my money that it would be Zab, or push come to shove, Maidana. Zab a good outing against Danny, and he did have a hard time making weight, so Im sure he wouldn't mind coming in around 144 for another payday.

I said "if push comes to shove" in regards to Maidana, because Marcos is on a streak right now. If Broner fought and beat Maidana, then he'd be locked in the WW division...something I'm sure they really dont wanna do at the moment.

Some of these dudes are big WW, and the fact that he couldn't hurt Paulie, would suggest that he needs to stay away from the bigger WW's until he's truly committed to fighting at WW.
mgrover
kid should drop as far as he goes and only move up when his body requires him to. I would seriously have no issue if he dropped at 135 again and worked his way up, no need to rush it. Jus needs to never ever ever ever ever ever ever speak again.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 24 2013, 05:17 PM) *
kid should drop as far as he goes and only move up when his body requires him to. I would seriously have no issue if he dropped at 135 again and worked his way up, no need to rush it. Jus needs to never ever ever ever ever ever ever speak again.

Lol thats weak if he dropped back down to 135.Man fight the real talent at 140-147.Cant just jump two weight classes to fight paulie pillow hands then drop back down and dodge the real fighters.

Maidana/Khan/Alexander...winner of Garcia/Mathysse would be awesome.
Jovi
Broner needs to critique himself and slowly build his body up instead of jumping up and fighting at natural bodyweight because he's lazy and didn't wanna stay in the gym.

Broner said he wouldn't mind taking a belt in another weight class so go down to 140 and fight Matthysse or Garcia, i wouldnt mind either of them fighting each other after. Judah would also be a good fight at 140. Or 135 and fight Gamboa, actually a fight he would look really good in.
mrchitown
The hell with 135, there's not much there for him. What threat does Vazquez pose him, Burns aint gon show up to fight him. He could fight Gambia, I'd like to see that, but then who else

He needs to do away with the soft touches and start putting solid names on the ledger. 140-147 is filled with potential names for him to fight. I think he should fight Maidana next, that would be a good fight for both, if not he should go fight at junior welter and try to do damage there
mgrover
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jun 25 2013, 03:38 AM) *
Lol thats weak if he dropped back down to 135.Man fight the real talent at 140-147.Cant just jump two weight classes to fight paulie pillow hands then drop back down and dodge the real fighters.

Maidana/Khan/Alexander...winner of Garcia/Mathysse would be awesome.

His body clearly hasn't grown for that weight, he's only 23 why push him so much!?
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 25 2013, 01:41 AM) *

LOL. Now that is a look of concern on Danny Garcia's face. Lucas is looking at Lamont like "I told you not to fuck with me." That was a great fight. Broner is not getting in the ring with Matthysee. It will not be a fun fight for him. Broner likes to trade and his defense needs work. If he stands flat footed like he did against Paulie, that 0 will be a thing of the past. Kid needs to mature. It is ridiculous. Saul Canelo Alvarez, is the same age of Broner and the kid may of not fought anyone but shit, at least he knows how to act in front of the cameras. The Charlo twins, Russel Jr. and Mike Garcia all display class. This fucking kid is an embarrassment. He should be on a Tyler Perry show called meet the Coons!
checkleft
The Link is also there about Garcia and Judah to. I think Danny is trying to price himself out of the Lucas fight
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 23 2013, 10:30 PM) *

THIS. Well put check. It's like both sides of the coin, some people are playing.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 25 2013, 10:24 AM) *
The Link is also there about Garcia and Judah to. I think Danny is trying to price himself out of the Lucas fight

Danny is making a big mistake career wise. He better take this fight. People will call him yellow for the rest of his career. Who is he going to fight? Maidana or Broner? That division is loaded and anyone can win. Hell he could fight Lamont but that would make no sense. He has no choice. if he wins no one can say he isn't legit and if he loses he lost to a fighter that is beating everyone's ass. Come on Danny! Don't just fight guys you know you can beat. Lucas is in his prime, unlike Zab (great fight by Zab) and Erick Morales. He has to take this fight. He has to!
daprofessor
malignaggi rematch or his mandatory maidana.
Dolimite
Broner should fight his ignorance next. Sadly enough, I think his ignorance will knock him the hell out in the first round.
xxxxxx
I also think a Broner-Gamboa fight at 140 would be interesting and could sell. Wouldn't that bring back the Mayweather/50-Cent conversations?
Dolimite
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jun 26 2013, 05:44 AM) *
I also think a Broner-Gamboa fight at 140 would be interesting and could sell. Wouldn't that bring back the Mayweather/50-Cent conversations?

No thank you!!!! Gamboa ain't ready for that and I doubt if Haymon wants to give a guy a shot at his building product after 50 tried to mess him over. He bit the hand that could of fed him.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 10:52 PM) *
Broner should fight his ignorance next. Sadly enough, I think his ignorance will knock him the hell out in the first round.

I will take his ignorance in one round.. hell it may retire him
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 25 2013, 02:24 PM) *

i can't knock the dude for wanting to get paid for this risk. it's a tough fight.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 03:08 PM) *
i can't knock the dude for wanting to get paid for this risk. it's a tough fight.

Me either but Hell at least fight lamont.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 25 2013, 10:52 PM) *

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 26 2013, 03:19 PM) *
Me either but Hell at least fight lamont.

lamont will get starched. the judah rematch is extremely dangerous. if i'm garcia...fight matthysse or someone else.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 26 2013, 12:31 PM) *
lamont will get starched. the judah rematch is extremely dangerous. if i'm garcia...fight matthysse or someone else.

Garcia needs to fight Matthysse and stop bullshitting. Lamont is coming off a lost from Lucas, how would fighting him look? They will call that a Pacman move! If he loses to Matthysse then he has nothing to hang his head. If anything he gets props. He is being stupid.
Junior80
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 25 2013, 05:41 AM) *

A picture is worth a thousand words, Danny Garcia looked shook after seeing Lucas in action and I don't blame him, I choose Lucas, i think he would ko broner, I was live at the Barclays for broner/paulie , broner although he earned the victory didn't live up to the hype he created around himself. A victim of "humble yourself and you will be exalted but exalt yourself and you will be humbled"
broner try's to act as if he as already achieved "mayweatherhood" but what this 23 yr old kid has to realize is that Floyd has been working harder then just about any other athlete on the planet (jerry rice will be my one exception)for longer then 17 years , 17 years is a damn long time to dedicate yourself that hard and true to anything and that's what makes mayweather exceptional in my opinion, I highly doubt broner has the level of commitment Floyd does. Floyd would never have let himself look like that against paulie. I think if broner stays at 140 or 147 it won't be long before he tastes defeat, I think khan would be just another hype fight for broner, he has a weak chin and a strong heart which is a bad combination and broner would surely ko khan. So I say lets get this kid in there with Lucas and if he is truely a star he can overcome that Argentinian monster...
MAHDI
Broner looks rediculous--Broner is pound for pound the GREATEST COON of all times.... I cannot see Broner having his way with Maidana or Matthyse.. Broner's chin is a ? and is bound to get checked at 140 or 147
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 04:15 PM) *
Broner looks rediculous--Broner is pound for pound the GREATEST COON of all times.... I cannot see Broner having his way with Maidana or Matthyse.. Broner's chin is a ? and is bound to get checked at 140 or 147

Hey man, I don't give a fuck if your black or not but don't use that word. Find a better way to articulate yourself and get your point across. Be a man and have some class, that's the dumbest post you ever had on here. And if your black that's even more of an embarrassment. Do something to uplift instead of tear down with that stereotypical bullshit
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 26 2013, 03:41 PM) *
Garcia needs to fight Matthysse and stop bullshitting. Lamont is coming off a lost from Lucas, how would fighting him look? They will call that a Pacman move! If he loses to Matthysse then he has nothing to hang his head. If anything he gets props. He is being stupid.

i have to look at this from all angles. if i'm looking at it as a fan, i definitely want him to fight matthysse next. but looking at it from his teams perspective...he's not going to make what this fight is truly worth. i can't knock them for not making the fight if the money isn't there. i don't know what he's asking for...but this is the best fighting the best at 140. how often does that happen? they both need to make money on this one. it's one of those fights where neither guy may come out of this fight the same.
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 26 2013, 05:43 PM) *
Hey man, I don't give a fuck if your black or not but don't use that word. Find a better way to articulate yourself and get your point across. Be a man and have some class, that's the dumbest post you ever had on here. And if your black that's even more of an embarrassment. Do something to uplift instead of tear down with that stereotypical bullshit

I have seen worse on these boards. Unless you are a moderator Fuck You!!! Bottom line he is ignorant and exhibits Coonery. I am Black and there I called him a Coon. I apologize to the moderators and anybody else offended, but motherfucker you don't give me orders especially when I have seen the N word on here... and as far as stereotypes talk to Broner's bama ass about that. He reinforces the coonery stereotyoes to the highest degree.
daprofessor
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 05:16 PM) *
I have seen worse on these boards. Unless you are a moderator Fuck You!!! Bottom line he is ignorant and exhibits Coonery. I am Black and there I called him a Coon. I apologize to the moderators and anybody else offended, but motherfucker you don't give me orders especially when I have seen the N word on here... and as far as stereotypes talk to Broner's bama ass about that. He reinforces the coonery stereotyoes to the highest degree.

Fuck you too then you hoe ass bitch! You make yourself look like a coon when you say stuff like that. And I don't care what you seen on this board because I'm sure it got rectified if someone used the N word. I'm talking about you using that stupid and ignorant word. And you got the nerve to call somebody a Bama, wtf is that? It's a shame that when I walk into business meetings people see a piece of shit like you. The stereotypes you speak of is the same thong you portray on here. Fuck you and and your unborn kids you field hand!
mrchitown
And next time you wanna respond and call me out like u did your bitch ass. Have some heart hoe and respond better. You was on here when I replied to your ignorant post and then jumped of like a bitch probably wondering if you should respond. You too pushy to even do that, I guess you had to think about it. Still the record stand that your a piece of shit and your lucky I'm not a mod cuz I'd ban your dumb ass
MAHDI
Lol..... fuck.gif emotional like.a period having bitch.. Mods my bad on use of coon.
daprofessor
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Lol..... fuck.gif emotional like.a period having bitch..

That's it. That's your big comeback. Fuck you really got me lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.