Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broner vs Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MAHDI
What can Broner do with Mosley? Can he take a Mosley shot? Broner's chin is a ? How would this fight look
Dolimite
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 01:25 PM) *
What can Broner do with Mosley? Can he take a Mosley shot? Broner's chin is a ? How would this fight look

Pointless
MAHDI
As pointless as he and Malignaggi? Ok I take your word for it. I am just interested in seeing how people think Broner would look against Shane Mosley. I did see that there is a who is Broner going to fight next thread so this thread can be closed if the powers at be see fit. PEACE
Jack 1000
Malinaggi's a much better than Mosley at this stage. Paul can still make good fighters look bad. Shane is too washed-up to do anything anymore. Broner's got to fight someone also on the up and up who can test him. Not someone who has been going down for years. Yes, Shane got a win in his last fight, but no one heard of the opponent, and it was not an easy win.

Jack
checkleft
I heard maidana Mosley is being talked
Dolimite
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 26 2013, 03:23 PM) *
As pointless as he and Malignaggi? Ok I take your word for it. I am just interested in seeing how people think Broner would look against Shane Mosley. I did see that there is a who is Broner going to fight next thread so this thread can be closed if the powers at be see fit. PEACE

Notice Mosley isn't mentioned as an opponent. What would Mosley do for Broner? Shane is washed up and done. If Broner fights Shane I would have even more disdain for him. Fighting Mosley now would make him look like shit and prove Paulie's point even more. Broner needs to drop his ass down to 140 and deal with those fighters. I wouldn't watch this fight if someone paid me!
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 26 2013, 07:52 PM) *
Malinaggi's a much better than Mosley at this stage. Paul can still make good fighters look bad. Shane is too washed-up to do anything anymore. Broner's got to fight someone also on the up and up who can test him. Not someone who has been going down for years. Yes, Shane got a win in his last fight, but no one heard of the opponent, and it was not an easy win.

Jack

He fought cano, the dude that nearly kod paulie before broner fought him. But he's overrated, I'm actually surprised he got the nod IN MEXICO. But Mexicans do love them some Mosley. I remember watching old sparring sessions of him against chavez when he wasn't even a pro. Fuck could he punch and boy was he fast. He did some work against chavez.... Then Oscar got schooled by chavez right after
mrchitown
I hope this doesn't happen but with GB anything is possible. I don't know what either fighter really does for the other at this stage in their careers. But imagine if Shane was able to beat Broner, he'd be on suicide watch people would be clowning him so hard.

At this stage in Broner's career it's time to be a man and act professional, you think your the next big thing in boxing?? Ok, prove it to us, fight some meaningful opponents and beat them. He has plenty of fights out there that can prove he's good as advertised. Garicva, Maidana, Matthyse, Peterson, Khan, Ortiz, Berto, Guererro, and more. If he doesn't fight these types of fighters then I say screw him. GB needs to get him in there with some of these guys I mentioned, hell, they not even putting Russel jr in those types of fights and I think he's been ready to break out
MAHDI
Broner and Berto.. now there. That sounds like a good match. Seriously, I think this kid folds when he gets walloped by a puncher. Maidana vs Mosley I heard up top? Man if that happens I am riding with Mosley. People so quick to say Mosley is done.. I bet he has a chance against Maidana if that fight is made I like Mosely;s chances
Cshel86
Mosley? Who is that?
HyyerBlaze
Dear lord no one wants to see Mosely get another title shot
MAHDI
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 1 2013, 09:11 PM) *
Dear lord no one wants to see Mosely get another title shot

LMAO... someone mentioned talks of he and Matthyse...
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 1 2013, 11:36 PM) *
LMAO... someone mentioned talks of he and Matthyse...

Theres rumors of him and maidana going at it
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 2 2013, 02:26 AM) *
Theres rumors of him and maidana going at it

Yes I meant to say that up top.. He and Maidana... People can say Shane is old, done.. etc.. If this fight happens it will be fireworks and I like Mosley's chances.
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 2 2013, 08:14 AM) *
Yes I meant to say that up top.. He and Maidana... People can say Shane is old, done.. etc.. If this fight happens it will be fireworks and I like Mosley's chances.

I see it going a lot like the josesito fight, but Mosley has a way better chin. But I do think mosleys power has left him, if he still had it would have killed cano! Lol
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 2 2013, 10:52 AM) *
I see it going a lot like the josesito fight, but Mosley has a way better chin. But I do think mosleys power has left him, if he still had it would have killed cano! Lol

He had Cano wobbly a few times, yet Cano got on his bike and used his legs.. Mosely landed big time power shots on Cano and Cano was able to hang on. Maidana can hit the canvas that is for certain and Mosely still has a great chin
Junior80
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 3 2013, 08:41 AM) *
He had Cano wobbly a few times, yet Cano got on his bike and used his legs.. Mosely landed big time power shots on Cano and Cano was able to hang on. Maidana can hit the canvas that is for certain and Mosely still has a great chin

I think 5 years ago Shane would whip broner, now I think he would only trouble him for a few rounds.
Broner needs to run the race with the other young lions and see who comes out on top..... Andre ward did this ..IMO ward is the future of boxing not broner.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Junior80 @ Jul 3 2013, 09:30 AM) *
I think 5 years ago Shane would whip broner, now I think he would only trouble him for a few rounds.
Broner needs to run the race with the other young lions and see who comes out on top..... Andre ward did this ..IMO ward is the future of boxing not broner.

That makes sense,yet Ward has no fan base and is does nothing to get media coverage and controversy stirred up.. He needs a marketing strategy ASAP.. Broner has a marketing strategy: ACT A DAMNED FOOL and it is working for him as evident by the viewers to his fight on SHOWTIME
Franchize
I don't ever want to see Shane Mosley fight again to be honest. It's one thing to retire. It's another to retire because you don't think you can fight anymore. And everything that occurred in the Canelo fight supported that theory. At this point, he'd just be turning Nazim Richardson into Buddy McGirt. A talented trainer who's HOF fighter's losing streak is making him look bad lol
MAHDI
He won his last bout
sduck
I wouldn't mind seeing this fight actually.
Franchize
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 4 2013, 09:38 AM) *
He won his last bout

I completely forgot about that Cano fight lol. All the more reason he needs to go away.
frankducketts
Nobody wants to see that fight. Shane is only mentioned so that Margarito's fans could continue with their fake hate. They finally realized that saying Paulie won makes them look bad.
MAHDI
Shane is mentioned because he has a name and is still in the game. Someone needs to emphatically put him into retirement. really, Shane has not been KOD and is a hall of famer. If any up and coming guy can emphatically KO him it would look good on their resume... but I understand it is risky because Mosely can still punch so yeah It is easy to say Mosley is washed up, finished etc., but how about some one beating breaks off him like James Toney did to Holyfield--- some one said they would like to see Broner and Mosley and so would I. That bout would be much better than Malignaggi Broner and Broner against Mosley may find himself on the canvas. If Broner KOD Mosley?? that would start all types of conversation
Dolimite
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 6 2013, 03:24 AM) *
Shane is mentioned because he has a name and is still in the game. Someone needs to emphatically put him into retirement. really, Shane has not been KOD and is a hall of famer. If any up and coming guy can emphatically KO him it would look good on their resume... but I understand it is risky because Mosely can still punch so yeah It is easy to say Mosley is washed up, finished etc., but how about some one beating breaks off him like James Toney did to Holyfield--- some one said they would like to see Broner and Mosley and so would I. That bout would be much better than Malignaggi Broner and Broner against Mosley may find himself on the canvas. If Broner KOD Mosley?? that would start all types of conversation

If Broner did not hurt Pauli, then how would Broner hurt Shane who has a chin? Broner's power did not carry to 147, which is why I think he is going to 140. Showtime wants Broner to fight Marcos Maidana. It would be a more interesting fight than Broner vs. Shane. Shane should fight Keith Thurman. That would be an interesting match up. Thurman does have the power to put Shane down.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 6 2013, 08:12 AM) *
If Broner did not hurt Pauli, then how would Broner hurt Shane who has a chin? Broner's power did not carry to 147, which is why I think he is going to 140. Showtime wants Broner to fight Marcos Maidana. It would be a more interesting fight than Broner vs. Shane. Shane should fight Keith Thurman. That would be an interesting match up. Thurman does have the power to put Shane down.

yeah but he has holes in his game. In his last bout he wen the distance with Javek, a guy with so so power and he was getting hit rather easily. he was stunned a few times and used his legs intelligently.. He is wide with shots and leaves himself open. His power is overrated. I am not overly impressed with Thurman. seems to have good athleticism yet his chin is a ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.