Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather vs Canelo already breaks gate record
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://m.espn.go.com/extra/boxing/story?w=...=9430531&i=

God Damn both guys are banking in
mrchitown
Aint that the truth, it's going to be a good fight my only thing is does the event over shadow the fight. Either way, I can't wait to see what the PPV numbers come out to be
Cshel86
Those numbers are freakin' ridiculous...
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 27 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Aint that the truth, it's going to be a good fight my only thing is does the event over shadow the fight. Either way, I can't wait to see what the PPV numbers come out to be

They are breaking that PPV record. With social media being at its height and imagine the publicity it will get when the fight looms closer. Fight Camp 360 is going to be off the chain. Saul has a lot of fans, why? I have no idea but the kid is popular. Casual fans are already sucked in by this fight. Hell, people are calling Canelo the new Cash Cow for boxing. I always say that he has never carried a PPV on his own, that remains to be seen. I do not think the fight will live up to its hype, simply because we know what Mayweather is going to do and Saul has faced very weak opposition. This is boxing so anything can happen. The fact remains that people are pumped for this fight. Mayweather can possibly make close to 60 millions dollars for this fight alone. Showtime is going to get their money back three folds with this fight. This is great for boxing and it will be on the tails of College football so you know people will be home to watch this fight. Is it September yet?
checkleft
Well the fight is sold out, in less than 24 hours. The only tickets left are depending on how many comps are given and the tickets people try and flip to make some money (heard somewhere that its was something like 8 ticket limit per person) so this fight is already a success.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 09:44 AM) *
They are breaking that PPV record. With social media being at its height and imagine the publicity it will get when the fight looms closer. Fight Camp 360 is going to be off the chain. Saul has a lot of fans, why? I have no idea but the kid is popular. Casual fans are already sucked in by this fight. Hell, people are calling Canelo the new Cash Cow for boxing. I always say that he has never carried a PPV on his own, that remains to be seen. I do not think the fight will live up to its hype, simply because we know what Mayweather is going to do and Saul has faced very weak opposition. This is boxing so anything can happen. The fact remains that people are pumped for this fight. Mayweather can possibly make close to 60 millions dollars for this fight alone. Showtime is going to get their money back three folds with this fight. This is great for boxing and it will be on the tails of College football so you know people will be home to watch this fight. Is it September yet?

That's what I want to see is if they can break it. They're making the "Event" spectacular which could possibly lead to that record being broken. But the actual fight may not live up to the hype.
Hotsauce
I dont think its doing 2 mill
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 28 2013, 02:43 PM) *
I dont think its doing 2 mill

Why not? It looks like it will break two million. Look at the turn outs to the presser. This fight is crazy...
Dolimite
The open scoring fucced everything up! As soon as The New Cash Cow--Canelo, found out he was up, he pulled a DLH. Riding the fight til' the very end.
I can't wait til' Sept. A new king will rise, and that just pisses you off (or Flojotos).

Woman beater fucced up, and he knows it. He ain't fooling us. I know he is terrified of The New Cash Cow. That's why he doesn't take off his glasses. I bet he even has nightmares.

^^^^^

I got this from another message board. Sadly this is the sentiment of most of these fucking keyboard warriors. I wish this fight was here, and the outcome is what it is. i have Floyd in a late stoppage. GB is not going to let Orphan Annie take a lot of punishment.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 07:02 PM) *
The open scoring fucced everything up! As soon as The New Cash Cow--Canelo, found out he was up, he pulled a DLH. Riding the fight til' the very end.
I can't wait til' Sept. A new king will rise, and that just pisses you off (or Flojotos).

Woman beater fucced up, and he knows it. He ain't fooling us. I know he is terrified of The New Cash Cow. That's why he doesn't take off his glasses. I bet he even has nightmares.

^^^^^

I got this from another message board. Sadly this is the sentiment of most of these fucking keyboard warriors. I wish this fight was here, and the outcome is what it is. i have Floyd in a late stoppage. GB is not going to let Orphan Annie take a lot of punishment.

there's a chance floyd lets it seem competitive to get the return bout for bigger money. i thought he did that with dlh...so i don't believe it's out of the question here.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 28 2013, 05:22 PM) *
there's a chance floyd lets it seem competitive to get the return bout for bigger money. i thought he did that with dlh...so i don't believe it's out of the question here.

They are calling this dude the new Cash Cow! This dude has never headed his own event! WTF!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 08:52 PM) *
They are calling this dude the new Cash Cow! This dude has never headed his own event! WTF!

That's what popularity will do for you. They're seeing things that aren't really there
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Why not? It looks like it will break two million. Look at the turn outs to the presser. This fight is crazy...

We will see
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 28 2013, 09:11 PM) *
We will see

I wonder how much PPV will be for this fight.

Has anyone heard who will be on the undercards?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 29 2013, 10:05 AM) *
I wonder how much PPV will be for this fight.

Has anyone heard who will be on the undercards?

Calm down dude, you been asking that same question since the fight was announced. When they get the undercards together they will put it out there. You thirsty then a mutha lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 29 2013, 10:27 AM) *
Calm down dude, you been asking that same question since the fight was announced. When they get the undercards together they will put it out there. You thirsty then a mutha lol

I been hearing different names and I asking to compare what I hear to what people are saying, Chicago people are such haters.

I been hearing Leon De La Cruz will be the first undercard then I heard that Either Ortiz maybe the co-feature or possibly Guerrero and Shane Mosley will be the co main feature. I am really hoping that is not the case... So that is why I been constantly asking Mang... ain't that what yawl say? LAME!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 28 2013, 06:25 PM) *

Stop it bro....Canelo ISN'T Oscar, so no way it does 2 million. Relax...

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 29 2013, 01:27 PM) *

laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 29 2013, 01:48 PM) *
I been hearing different names and I asking to compare what I hear to what people are saying, Chicago people are such haters.

I been hearing Leon De La Cruzwill be the first undercard then I heard that Either Ortiz maybe the co-feature or possibly Guerrero and Shane Mosley will be the co main feature. I am really hoping that is not the case... So that is why I been constantly asking Mang... ain't that what yawl say? LAME!

Do you mean Leo Santa Cruz? Lmao
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 29 2013, 12:48 PM) *

I been hearing Leon De La Cruz will be the first undercard then I heard that Either Ortiz maybe the co-feature or possibly Guerrero and Shane Mosley will be the co main feature. I am really hoping that is not the case... So that is why I been constantly asking Mang... ain't that what yawl say? LAME!

Ain't nobody hating on You. You th robe acting like an impatient 3rd grader who wants to rush home and watch after school specials LMAO

I get the feeling Schafer has something up his sleeve, I'd like to see ortiz and guerrero go at it, that would be a nice appetizer to the main event. I do not want to see Shane Mosley on any ppv, after that crap fest against Manny, I have not been interesting in paying to watch him fight. Shane needs to give it up, if they want to push him them they should feed him to Thurman
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Stop it bro....Canelo ISN'T Oscar, so no way it does 2 million. Relax...

laugh.gif

Dolomite need a sip right now, Schafer and GB better put this card together or Dolomite gon start lighting stuff up laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 30 2013, 01:50 AM) *

Ya know? I would go as far as saying that Dolimite butchered Santa Cruz's name, but he just gave it a blaxploitation twist...you know...like Bruce "Leroy", or Michael Blackson, or somethin' like that. Lol

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 30 2013, 03:20 AM) *
Dolomite need a sip right now, Schafer and GB better put this card together or Dolomite gon start lighting stuff up laugh.gif

Right! Dude is losing his shit day by day, waiting for this card to come together. It couldn't have been worse than his impatient conquest for Floyd to announce his next opponent before the Guerrero fight, in addition to him crying about the undercard not being put together. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 29 2013, 10:50 PM) *

Leo/Leon, whatever. But yes Leo

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 30 2013, 12:16 AM) *
Ain't nobody hating on You. You th robe acting like an impatient 3rd grader who wants to rush home and watch after school specials LMAO

I get the feeling Schafer has something up his sleeve, I'd like to see ortiz and guerrero go at it, that would be a nice appetizer to the main event. I do not want to see Shane Mosley on any ppv, after that crap fest against Manny, I have not been interesting in paying to watch him fight. Shane needs to give it up, if they want to push him them they should feed him to Thurman

fuck.gif Ever since the Blackhawks won the cup, you changed man! Shane will be fighting on someone's card, I promise you. Thurman would make a great undercard fighter.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 30 2013, 12:20 AM) *

I don't drink during the summer. That is a rule of mine. I am impatient because if you are charging this much money and you have a shitty undercard then all of GB and TMT promotions need their ass kicked. Usually the undercard would of been announced by now but hey I am not a promoter so what would I know.

Cshels I wasn't impatient when Floyd did not announce who he was fighting, I actually was enjoying the buildup to whoever he was going to face. Plus I liked reading how Floyd would duck Guerrero, that was fun.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 30 2013, 12:20 PM) *

fuck.gif Ever since the Blackhawks won the cup, you changed man! Shane will be fighting on someone's card, I promise you. Thurman would make a great undercard fighter.

I don't drink during the summer. That is a rule of mine. I am impatient because if you are charging this much money and you have a shitty undercard then all of GB and TMT promotions need their ass kicked. Usually the undercard would of been announced by now but hey I am not a promoter so what would I know.

Cshels I wasn't impatient when Floyd did not announce who he was fighting, I actually was enjoying the buildup to whoever he was going to face. Plus I liked reading how Floyd would duck Guerrero, that was fun.

mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2013, 02:48 PM) *

Nice gif lmao
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 30 2013, 11:20 AM) *

Them winning has nothing to do with this.

I'm in agreement that they will put Shane on someone's under card but it still doesn't change the fact that I don't wanna see it. Him and thurman would make for a good fight though. I think that's a fight that could benefit both fighters involved
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 28 2013, 09:53 AM) *
Well the fight is sold out, in less than 24 hours. The only tickets left are depending on how many comps are given and the tickets people try and flip to make some money (heard somewhere that its was something like 8 ticket limit per person) so this fight is already a success.

I suspect that the theaters that will show it will be sold out as well too.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 30 2013, 11:48 AM) *

KG is an ugly dude!

I don't. I know it sounds dumb but I just take a break from alcohol during the summer.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 1 2013, 11:44 PM) *
KG is an ugly dude!

I don't. I know it sounds dumb but I just take a break from alcohol during the summer.

Maybe you're just a dawg when you're on that Henny, and the summer heat powers you up. Don't be shame bro...we all have a little creep in us!

laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2013, 01:44 PM) *
Maybe you're just a dawg when you're on that Henny, and the summer heat powers you up. Don't be shame bro...we all have a little creep in us!

laugh.gif

That and I damn near slept with an ex while my girl was out of town one year, and it was in the mid of July, it was all bad, all bad.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 2 2013, 06:22 PM) *
That and I damn near slept with an ex while my girl was out of town one year, and it was in the mid of July, it was all bad, all bad.

It's only "all bad" if she burned you or you ended up knocking her up. Other than that, you should've gone for the gusto my friend. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 2 2013, 07:46 PM) *
It's only "all bad" if she burned you or you ended up knocking her up. Other than that, you should've gone for the gusto my friend. Lol

Naw, she was a trouble maker, pretty as all out but trouble. Her family and I are really close, ironically. Her uncle gave me my first job out of school. She and I are cool till this day but she is trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.