Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45 ET/6:45(PT)-Golovkin vs. Macklin-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to tonight's card on HBO. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Amandla
Can't wait for this. Rooting for the Irishman.

Won't be totally disappointed if he loses but come on MACKA!
bnoles4life
Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhh.....about that....G3 tonight.
Dolimite
I am actually pulling for Macklin. I just want it to be a good fight. Showtime has been doing well, I guess it is HBO's turn to show they are still "The One." Does anyone still watch The Fight Game?
Amandla
Is Danny Bhoy O'Connor on the undercard for ths?

Will they be showing it?
Cshel86
As easy as it is to say that GGG takes this by TKO, I believe this will be a distance affair this evening. Macklin can take a punch, but hopefully he isn't there to take too many. I believe his activity and slight size advantage, will keep Golovkin off of him. Who knows though...
Jovi
I know transitive property doesn't work in boxing. But If Martinez TKOd Macklin in 11 then i'm betting on GGG by KO in 8-9 rounds.
BigFightFan
Nabaf has some plastic looking belts
Cshel86
I've seen Nelson fight on ShoBox. He got dropped HARD, but got up and stopped the guy that dropped him. Dude looks freakishly tall, lol.
Cshel86
Nelson looks like a mix of Chris Bosh and Ochocinco
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2013, 09:58 PM) *
Nelson looks like a mix of Chris Bosh and Ochocinco

Just like 'em
Cshel86
My man Cuello just stole the 3rd round from Nelson no2.gif
Cshel86
Why does Lowe keeping telling Nelson to use his jab??? Isn't this guy a professional? I appreciate the body work from Nelson, but he cant keep Cuello off without a jab. Smh
bnoles4life
Willie appears he's shot, at least, part of his load in the 1st couple of rounds.
Cshel86
Nelson and these skinny "strike anywhere" matches that he calls legs, wont hold him up, if that chin gets tagged good enough.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 29 2013, 10:12 PM) *
Willie appears he's shot, at least, part of his load in the 1st couple of rounds.

We can file that under "performance anxiety" laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2013, 10:13 PM) *
Nelson and these skinny "strike anywhere" matches that he calls legs, wont hold him up, if that chin gets tagged good enough.

Legs look like oranges sitting on toothpicks
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 29 2013, 10:16 PM) *
Legs look like oranges sitting on toothpicks

laugh.gif

Im not liking how Nelson leaves himself leaning and open, when he throws that left to the body. He's wide open for a left hook from Cuello, when he does that.
Cshel86
Cuello almost stopped Nelson in the 7th. Those matches that he calls legs, almost failed him. Why in the hell would any fighter be comfortable with his trainer yelling at him between rounds. Damn dude, follow instructions....

To think about it, Nelson said earlier this week, that he wished he got a shot a Canelo, before Floyd, so he could "give him his first loss". Riiiiiight...
BigFightFan
Nelson is giving up his height round after round. Emanuel Stewart is rolling over in his grave
BigFightFan
Nelson is giving up his height round after round. Emanuel Stewart is rolling over in his grave
Cshel86
Nelson's hurt in the 10th and blood is in his left eye...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2013, 10:30 PM) *
Nelson's hurt in the 10th and blood is in his left eye...

Closer than it needed to be......should be a squeaker for Nelson.
Cshel86
I can see one of these cards having a 1-point difference...though it wasn't THAT close, but still...

Nelson is just horrible as a tall fighter with THAT long of a reach. He has some heavy lifting to do...
checkleft
Argies these days are made of steel.
Cshel86
*currently sorting socks*
Dolimite
Did not know people still named their sons Willie. Had no idea!

Willie needs work and Saul Canelo needs his ass kicked for fighting that little guy! WTF Saul?

Gonzales has a nice looking family.

Tommy whatever his last name is, doesn't start doing something then he is going all the way back to South Africa a loser.

I hate the commentary. I really hate the commentary.
Cshel86
Gonzales is pretty much having his was way, as the 7th closes. At least somebody's been listening to his trainer, unlike Nelson earlier.

Virgil Hunter's voice scares the shit outta me. "He's ready to be whooped. He's ready to be whooped". I might rephrase that shit and whisper it to my girl when I'm putting in work. Thanks Virgil!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Gonzales is pretty much having his was way, as the 7th closes. At least somebody's been listening to his trainer, unlike Nelson earlier.

Virgil Hunter's voice scares the shit outta me. "He's ready to be whooped. He's ready to be whooped". I might rephrase that shit and whisper it to my girl when I'm putting in work. Thanks Virgil!

"Don't let it slip away...don't let it slip away..."
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 29 2013, 11:15 PM) *
"Don't let it slip away...don't let it slip away..."

laugh.gif

Perfect shit to speak to yourself in the bedroom, after you've had too much Henny and trying to put in work. Again, thanks Virgil!
Cshel86
What's up with these cards? 96-94 and 95-95??? Pffffff....get tha fuck outta here. The street lamp had no answers for Gonzalez all night long. C'mon man...
Dolimite
A draw? Okay.

I try not to think of slogans when my lady and I are trying to make kid number 2 by accident, instead I think about the movie Boogie Nights, I keep telling myself Dirt Digler. That's it.

I hope Macklin does something.
Plah
Damn, awful scores. ugghh
Cshel86
Man...Im about to cop one of these GGG robes. Imagine rockin' one of these after putting in work with a chick. She'd wanna let you go another round, just from seeing you in one of those GGG robes! That shit looks like Versace...
The Original MrFactor
Nelson = Paul Williams...
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2013, 07:32 PM) *
Man...Im about to cop one of these GGG robes. Imagine rockin' one of these after putting in work with a chick. She'd wanna let you go another round, just from seeing you in one of those GGG robes! That shit looks like Versace...

Someone has been drinking heavily tonight. My lady we call me a fuckin fag if I wore that/ real talk. I would be sleeping on the couch for at least a week, with constant questions about my manhood. I'm good!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 29 2013, 11:35 PM) *
Someone has been drinking heavily tonight. My lady we call me a fuckin fag if I wore that/ real talk. I would be sleeping on the couch for at least a week, with constant questions about my manhood. I'm good!

No she wouldn't...that shit is equivalent to a Coogi sweater bro. Lol
Cshel86
Macklin is looking bad in the first round...

no2.gif

Oh that's right...Buddy McGirt is his trainer. My bad guys, sorry for the interruption...move on...
Amandla
GGG 10 - Macklin 9
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 29 2013, 11:39 PM) *
Macklin is looking bad in the first round...

no2.gif

Oh that's right...Buddy McGirt is his trainer. My bad guys, sorry for the interruption...move on...

Already got hit doing the Fred Sanford "It's the big one" stagger.
Cshel86
Macklin is fighting to NOT get KO'd...
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jun 29 2013, 11:40 PM) *
Already got hit doing the Fred Sanford "It's the big one" stagger.

Right...looks like an opponent against Manny in those featherweight days...

Dude did the stutter step and all. Lol
checkleft
Macklin has a bad game plan in my opinion
Cshel86
Macklin tried on the 2nd round...but his body language is showing that he's already gone a hard 8 rounds. GGG is pressuring him, and he doesn't know how to respond. He needs to hit, hold, and turn, GGG...
Amandla
GGG 20 - Macklin 18

Looks baaad
Cshel86
DAMN! Body shot in the 3rd...Macklin didn't make the count...

GGG by TKO in the 3rd.

Get this motherfucker tested...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Amandla @ Jun 29 2013, 11:44 PM) *
GGG 20 - Macklin 18

Looks baaad

EXACTLY!
Amandla
So when's GGG vs Sergio Marinez?
jtiizzle
I told you highlight reel KO
jtiizzle
this guy destroys all middle weights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.