Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garcia-Matthysse possible for 9/14 undercard
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Shiiit I don't mind just seeing the fight with Garcia-Matthysse, but if this fight were to be added as the co-main event to Mayweather-Alverez then I'd be one to believe in Shaefer's prediction of this event breaking the all-time record between Oscar and Floyd. I personally believe they may be just building both fights up by mentioning the possibility of seeing em in one night, but who knows.

http://www.boxingscene.com/espinoza-garcia...ity-9-14--67297
checkleft
If that were to happen it would be one of the best cards on paper that I've seen come together.
daprofessor
huge! i may have to go to this fight if they do that.
HyyerBlaze
They should have a "US vs The World" type card.Would be so awesoms
daprofessor
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 3 2013, 05:39 PM) *
They should have a "US vs The World" type card.Would be so awesoms

that's just asking for a terrorist attack. i'm cool. let's just focus on the match ups.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 05:43 PM) *
that's just asking for a terrorist attack. i'm cool. let's just focus on the match ups.

I think it would build more support for american boxers...thats just me tho
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 3 2013, 02:20 PM) *
Shiiit I don't mind just seeing the fight with Garcia-Matthysse, but if this fight were to be added as the co-main event to Mayweather-Alverez then I'd be one to believe in Shaefer's prediction of this event breaking the all-time record between Oscar and Floyd. I personally believe they may be just building both fights up by mentioning the possibility of seeing em in one night, but who knows.

If they do fight on the undercard, that would be awesome. It will be the perfect pitch for Mayweather's May 5th opponent. Brilliant move if they can pull this off. Matthysse and Garcia will be exposed to a very large audience and casual fans!
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 05:33 PM) *
huge! i may have to go to this fight if they do that.

Yo wont be able to its sold out!
Marcus
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 3 2013, 05:20 PM) *

Either they put that fight on the undercard to build/expose Floyds next potential opponent in Garcia or Matthysse. OR they put Broner-Maidana to gain views and expose Broner. I have a feeling its Broner-Maidana. Or Maybe the winner of the Berto-Soto karas fight will fight another notable opponent on that undercard. OR we can see The winner of Ishe Smith Molina vs Miguel Cotto
Hotsauce
Oh shit
xxxxxx
Great news if it were to happen & agree with previous posts that it would be perfect to build up Mayweather's next opponent. Mayweather could jump back down and defend Welterweight Chmapionship while also keeping Jr. Middleweight Championship. I'm still unsure if we will get Mayweather-Alvarez II but that's always a possibility. This could get interesting.
mrchitown
Maybe this is what Schaefer has or had up his sleeve. Hopefully it happens, all I know is they need to stack the card with some good fights and this would definitely be one of them
Gambit808
QUOTE (Marcus @ Jul 3 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Either they put that fight on the undercard to build/expose Floyds next potential opponent in Garcia or Matthysse. OR they put Broner-Maidana to gain views and expose Broner. I have a feeling its Broner-Maidana. Or Maybe the winner of the Berto-Soto karas fight will fight another notable opponent on that undercard.

Call me crazy, but now, I don't think putting Broner on a Mayweather undercard is a good move, especially if Broner's not willing to fight him. I think AB is doing well enough building up his own brand, and putting him on a card with a guy he can't seem to shake being compared to, probably won't do him any favors. I mean the guy probably appreciates being compared to the best fighter of our generation now, but sooner or later (if it doesen't already) it'll get annoying.
checkleft
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 4 2013, 01:23 AM) *
Great news if it were to happen & agree with previous posts that it would be perfect to build up Mayweather's next opponent. Mayweather could jump back down and defend Welterweight Chmapionship while also keeping Jr. Middleweight Championship. I'm still unsure if we will get Mayweather-Alvarez II but that's always a possibility. This could get interesting.

Good post
xxxxxx
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 4 2013, 04:37 AM) *
Good post

Thanks Checkleft.
daprofessor
i saw a post on fb that said the fight was going to be on the undercard of floyd/canelo. is that not true?
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 8 2013, 11:05 AM) *
i saw a post on fb that said the fight was going to be on the undercard of floyd/canelo. is that not true?

if you go to the front page, the guy that does observe and fight has said nothing has been signed, so no. All rumors thus so far.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 8 2013, 04:18 PM) *
if you go to the front page, the guy that does observe and fight has said nothing has been signed, so no. All rumors thus so far.

shit.
Cshel86
I predict Danny acting up about money in this one. Let's face it, Floyd is gonna eat up $40M, not sure how much Canelo will get...and that leaves everybody else with??? I think GBP will continue to keep Danny on the east coast, and keep Quillen, Paulie, and Jacobs on the same card.

Franchize
I think it's an excellent undercard because someone is going to get exposed. No sense building up the anticipation of a great fight lol. I think either Danny is going to get his chin checked or Matthysse's going to get his face boxed off. Either way, I don't see it being a compelling fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 9 2013, 12:01 PM) *
I think it's an excellent undercard because someone is going to get exposed. No sense building up the anticipation of a great fight lol. I think either Danny is going to get his chin checked or Matthysse's going to get his face boxed off. Either way, I don't see it being a compelling fight.

"somebody is gonna get hurt really bad." *in my punjab voice* laugh.gif

i can't see this not ending in knock out for either guy. it will be a shoot out.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 9 2013, 11:01 AM) *

Exposed? They are both very good fighters and this is the type of fight that would show us which one can be great potentially elite (that's a long shot tho). Nobody is getting "exposed" lol. I think that word gets thrown around to much, no offense.

I think matthysse has been in with better boxers than Danny and Danny has had his chin checked just not by a guy with as massive power. This is a great fight
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 9 2013, 08:36 PM) *
Exposed? They are both very good fighters and this is the type of fight that would show us which one can be great potentially elite (that's a long shot tho). Nobody is getting "exposed" lol. I think that word gets thrown around to much, no offense.

I think matthysse has been in with better boxers than Danny and Danny has had his chin checked just not by a guy with as massive power. This is a great fight

who's better than morales, khan and judah!? huh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 9 2013, 09:36 PM) *
who's better than morales, khan and judah!? huh.gif

I think in terms of being a "boxer" Alexander is technically better than all three. Not that its fun to watch
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 12:06 AM) *
I think in terms of being a "boxer" Alexander is technically better than all three. Not that its fun to watch

i like alexander...but he's really nothing special imo. it's all stick and move. i've never seen him make any real adjustments. when bradley was zeroing in on him and started to force the exchanges....alexander folded. i think he learned from that fight and used the things he learned to beat maidana and matthysse.

i guess what i was trying to say....danny's wins over morales, khan and judah trump matthysse's loss to alexander.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 03:19 PM) *
i like alexander...but he's really nothing special imo. it's all stick and move. i've never seen him make any real adjustments. when bradley was zeroing in on him and started to force the exchanges....alexander folded. i think he learned from that fight and used the things he learned to beat maidana and matthysse.

i guess what i was trying to say....danny's wins over morales, khan and judah trump matthysse's loss to alexander.

I think Lucas win over lamont trumps the morales win and the judah win and is as good as the khan win. Khan and lamont both had the tools to beat both guys but in my opinion came in with a very bad gameplan.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 05:49 PM) *
I think Lucas win over lamont trumps the morales win and the judah win and is as good as the khan win. Khan and lamont both had the tools to beat both guys but in my opinion came in with a very bad gameplan.

imo...the lucas win over peterson = garcia's win over khan.

lucas loss to zab < danny's win over zab

lucas loss to alexander < danny's win over morales

checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 05:43 PM) *
imo...the lucas win over peterson = garcia's win over khan.

lucas loss to zab < danny's win over zab

lucas loss to alexander < danny's win over morales

Come on now, the xander fight was a gift and Danny was suppose to roll all over Erik who was over the hill and morales ended up winning Most of the fight. Those are hardly comparable, nobody expected Lucas to beat Alexander that's why he got a gift lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 07:21 PM) *
Come on now, the xander fight was a gift and Danny was suppose to roll all over Erik who was over the hill and morales ended up winning Most of the fight. Those are hardly comparable, nobody expected Lucas to beat Alexander that's why he got a gift lol

laugh.gif agree to disagree. i seem to recall plenty of ppl picking morales to beat danny. i picked matthysse to beat alexander.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.