Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye vs. Tyson Fury Official for September 28
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Tough one to call, but I'm going with Fury by KO. Sorry Grover, highly unlikely we see a Double KO here laugh.gif
mrchitown
I'm going with Haye, Fury isn't that good to me. he's entertaining more outside the ring then he is in it. He would've lost to Cunningham if Steve didn't gas. He was just too small to fight Fury. The shot that Steve hit him with, if that works as coming from Haye it would've been night night. If Fury were ti beat David I'd be highly shocked, Haye is just more skilfull then Fury
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 9 2013, 09:01 PM) *
I'm going with Haye, Fury isn't that good to me. he's entertaining more outside the ring then he is in it. He would've lost to Cunningham if Steve didn't gas. He was just too small to fight Fury. The shot that Steve hit him with, if that works as coming from Haye it would've been night night. If Fury were ti beat David I'd be highly shocked, Haye is just more skilfull then Fury

I think haye wins this. He's to fast for fury defensively and offensively

Plus I always get that image in my head of fury upper cutting himself when I hear about him and its hard to take him and his trash talk serious after that
daprofessor
fury by ko. i'm still pissed at haye for tricking me into watching him fight klitschko. plus...fury is the troof!!!
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 9 2013, 09:35 PM) *
fury by ko. i'm still pissed at haye for tricking me into watching him fight klitschko. plus...fury is the troof!!!

Hahaha. That whole post is hilarious
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 9 2013, 10:01 PM) *

Not Fury's fault. The way I see it, Fury's size played a role in Cunningham gasing too. Fury got caught with a shot that would knock most guys out, and he got caught cause he was clownin (ala Silva), but then, was able to get back up, put his weight on Cunningham in close, and stop him as a result... which to me is impressive. He's not as slick as Haye, but he's bigger, as strong, and can take a shot better than Haye who has been stopped before. David is not all that impressive fighting guys as big as Fury (from what I've seen), and he's coming off more than a year long layoff which will probably show in the fight.
Cshel86
As much as I think Haye will pull this one off...I just want Fury to win, so he can sing after the fight again. That song of his, was a "horrific masterpiece". laugh.gif
klonopinz
these bg dumb white heavweights with no skill never last. cooney, fury, wepner, they all deflate eventually
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 10 2013, 12:59 PM) *
As much as I think Haye will pull this one off...I just want Fury to win, so he can sing after the fight again. That song of his, was a "horrific masterpiece". laugh.gif

what made it so great was that he was serious as all hell and sang his heart out! laugh.gif i love doing that. i know i sound like shit...but u can't tell me that. to me...i sound like luther, sam cooke and lou rawls all rolled into one. smile.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 9 2013, 09:14 PM) *
I think haye wins this. He's to fast for fury defensively and offensively

Plus I always get that image in my head of fury upper cutting himself when I hear about him and its hard to take him and his trash talk serious after that

Skills pay the bills and I believe Haye is more skilled then Fury is at this point. Fury's size advantage can come into play but I believe Haye is smart enough in the ring to negate that
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 9 2013, 11:22 PM) *
Not Fury's fault. The way I see it, Fury's size played a role in Cunningham gasing too. Fury got caught with a shot that would knock most guys out, and he got caught cause he was clownin (ala Silva), but then, was able to get back up, put his weight on Cunningham in close, and stop him as a result... which to me is impressive. He's not as slick as Haye, but he's bigger, as strong, and can take a shot better than Haye who has been stopped before. David is not all that impressive fighting guys as big as Fury (from what I've seen), and he's coming off more than a year long layoff which will probably show in the fight.

You said it perfectly, Fury put his weight in Cunningham and cunningham gassed. Hayes is quicker, faster and stronger at HW then Steve is. If a have hits him with that shot its nyquil for Fury
mgrover
if the Wlad couldn't stop Haye, I doubt Fury will. Then again hes crazy and crazy guys just don't play it safe like Wlad did behind a jab.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 10 2013, 07:58 PM) *
if the Wlad couldn't stop Haye, I doubt Fury will. Then again hes crazy and crazy guys just don't play it safe like Wlad did behind a jab.

wlad looked just as scared as haye did in that fight. fury is going to stop haye.
xxxxxx
Very interesting Heavyweight fight. I got Haye by stoppage in a entertaining fight while it lasts.
Amandla
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=T0EkDhUZHg4

Pretty funny moments inhere.
daprofessor
people are going to take fury seriously after this fight.
ROME
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 11 2013, 12:31 AM) *
Very interesting Heavyweight fight. I got Haye by stoppage in a entertaining fight while it lasts.

That ^ right there.
Kratza
Haye by KO, fortunately/unfortunately (however you see it) I'll be going to see this fight
Jack 1000
Haye with a Haymaker KO/TKO in mid to late rounds, based on a better chin and experience than Fury.

Jack
Dolimite
David Haye, the only thing I hate about this guy is that he is British. I don't hate Brits, I just have issues with their accent.

On to the fight: teddy atlas said it best "haye is going to knock Fury out." I second that opinion. Haye, can actually box, but he has power to him. Fury, is a wild man and I think he will let the moment get to him and be put to rest. This fight has knockout written all over it. SO I guess we will see. By the way, Tell David that corn rolls went out in 2002.
Cheesey1
Hey, what's up Prof.? Yeah man, it could go either way, but my money's on Haye. If Fury's jab is on point and he's active, then he has a solid chance, but I think Haye's going to put on an even better showing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 14 2013, 09:42 AM) *
David Haye, the only thing I hate about this guy is that he is British. I don't hate Brits, I just have issues with their accent.

On to the fight: teddy atlas said it best "haye is going to knock Fury out." I second that opinion. Haye, can actually box, but he has power to him. Fury, is a wild man and I think he will let the moment get to him and be put to rest. This fight has knockout written all over it. SO I guess we will see. By the way, Tell David that corn rolls went out in 2002.

laugh.gif

i was thinking that same thing as i watched the press conference.

thing about fury....this isn't an act. this dude believes what he's saying. he set it straight from the jump....he said he's giving haye an opportunity and that is truth. fury is the real deal. watching him beat cunningham...i saw that he can actually fight. he does subtle things and is crafty when he needs to be. haye is going to use the ring rust excuse or some other bullshit...but tyson fury is going to knock his ass out. there will be no decision. he won't be able to run the whole time like he did against the slow footed klitschko.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 15 2013, 12:16 AM) *
Hey, what's up Prof.? Yeah man, it could go either way, but my money's on Haye. If Fury's jab is on point and he's active, then he has a solid chance, but I think Haye's going to put on an even better showing.

what's up cheesey!?!?! we shall see.

get in on the garcia/matthysse sig bet.
Cshel86
WAR FURY!!!

I wonder which network will pick this one up...or do I have to lie to get another free trial of Epix???
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2013, 10:41 AM) *
WAR FURY!!!

I wonder which network will pick this one up...or do I have to lie to get another free trial of Epix???

epix is taking a break from boxing. i guess they weren't impressed by the klitschko's either. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 15 2013, 12:21 AM) *
what's up cheesey!?!?! we shall see.

get in on the garcia/matthysse sig bet.

Garcia / Matthysse's interesting because I started watching Matthysse before Garcia and was impressed, but Garcia's grown on me (after not rating him that highly in the beginning). They're both beatable and while I give Garcia the edge, I'm on the fence. Besides, I don't have a signature to bet. Takes too much thought to come up with one.
Cheesey1
In the poll, I picked Haye by UD. Only reason I didn't choose Haye by TKO/KO is that Fury's going to be doing a lot of tying up, a la Wlad Klitschko.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 15 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Garcia / Matthysse's interesting because I started watching Matthysse before Garcia and was impressed, but Garcia's grown on me (after not rating him that highly in the beginning). They're both beatable and while I give Garcia the edge, I'm on the fence. Besides, I don't have a signature to bet. Takes too much thought to come up with one.

worry not my friend...we'll come up with the sigs. laugh.gif

pick a side. laugh.gif
Col Reb
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 10 2013, 02:43 PM) *
these bg dumb white heavweights with no skill never last. cooney, fury, wepner, they all deflate eventually

The last time I checked, the Klitschkos were long-standing champions.
Col Reb
That being said, I like Haye by KO before the 6th round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 15 2013, 03:11 PM) *
epix is taking a break from boxing. i guess they weren't impressed by the klitschko's either. laugh.gif

Lmao, right.

My guess is that it'll be on Wealth TV, if HBO or Showtime doesn't decided to pick it up.
Franchize
I've got Shaggy, I mean Shemar Moore, I mean David Haye winning by a unamimous but close decision.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 18 2013, 01:08 PM) *
I've got Shaggy, I mean Shemar Moore, I mean David Haye winning by a unamimous but close decision.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.