Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Provodnikov vs Alvarado-Preview and Poll!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/provodnikov-agr...on-10-19--67521

What do you guys think of this? We are having a great year in boxing
Cshel86
This fight has "brain damage" written all over it. If Alvarado's game plan was sidetracked by KNOWING that he could hit Rios at will, then surely he'll do the same against Provodnikov. This will only serve him an injustice in this fight.

Im not sure how many times Provodnikov has fought at WW, and I'm wondering if the trip back down to 140 will hurt him. Who knows...
daprofessor
why would alvarado's ppl do this to him? ruslan by ko.
Dolimite
This match is going to be a death match. If it goes more than 10 rounds I will be shocked. There will be no defense in this fight, an all out crowd pleaser. This will make the first Rios fight and the Bradley and Ruslan fight look tamed. I think winner gets a shot at Pacquiao. More soft touches for Pac to get his name back up and to give him confidence, assuming that all goes well against Rios. I hope both men have life insurance.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 03:16 PM) *
This match is going to be a death match. If it goes more than 10 rounds I will be shocked. There will be no defense in this fight, an all out crowd pleaser. This will make the first Rios fight and the Bradley and Ruslan fight look tamed. I think winner gets a shot at Pacquiao. More soft touches for Pac to get his name back up and to give him confidence, assuming that all goes well against Rios. I hope both men have life insurance.

i already have a headache thinking about this fight. sad.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 11:35 AM) *
i already have a headache thinking about this fight. sad.gif

http://www.boxingscene.com/alvarado-says-m...kov-bout--67524

We might be getting this fight, looks like greedy old Arum is up to his old bag of tricks. First he fucks Alvarado out of the Pac fight and now he won't pay him. Oh well.
HyyerBlaze
Can't wait!...gonna be an epic fight and won't have to pay $50 tp see it:)

I think Alvarado will get a late stoppage!
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Think winner gets a shot at Pacquiao. More soft touches for Pac to get his name back up and to give him confidence, assuming that all goes well against Rios. I hope both men have life insurance.

Soft touches? Seriously? Alvarado/Bradley/Ruslan anything but soft.
Jack 1000
I heard Alvarado say they are working on it, but it is not finalized yet. He trusts Arum to get it done! I am not so sure about "trust" and "Arum in the same sentence. It will be a crowd pleasure for sure! However, I agree that this is the kind of fight that because of its intensity will shorten careers.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 05:00 PM) *

We might be getting this fight, looks like greedy old Arum is up to his old bag of tricks. First he fucks Alvarado out of the Pac fight and now he won't pay him. Oh well.

this is what happens when promoters have too much power. the networks are the enablers.
BigFightFan
It's funny, but I have to give the edge to Provodnikov in this fight because he is able to absorb more punishment than Alvarado.
Dolimite
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 10 2013, 02:31 PM) *
Soft touches? Seriously? Alvarado/Bradley/Ruslan anything but soft.

Alvarado does not have the power to hurt Pac and the fact he has 0 defense is an issue. Ruslan has heart and a tough chin, but no boxing skills. With the exception of Bradley they are both brawlers, Pac does very very well against Brawlers. Soft touches, tailor made for Pac's strengths.
mrchitown
I'd love to see this fight but both probably will shave time off the others career
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 04:00 PM) *

Ain't that a load of bull. Arum should stop this in his last leg on God's green earth. Alvarado makes total sense. He's the champ and he deserves champion money. These promoters just love to chest these fighters out of anything they can
mgrover
Who knows, maybe Alvarado will surprise us all and boxes vs Ruslan
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Ain't that a load of bull. Arum should stop this in his last leg on God's green earth. Alvarado makes total sense. He's the champ and he deserves champion money. These promoters just love to chest these fighters out of anything they can

that is a complete load of shit. fuck arum. i'll be happy when he's not calling the shots. he's not good for boxing.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Alvarado does not have the power to hurt Pac and the fact he has 0 defense is an issue. Ruslan has heart and a tough chin, but no boxing skills. With the exception of Bradley they are both brawlers, Pac does very very well against Brawlers. Soft touches, tailor made for Pac's strengths.

JMM didn't have the power to hurt Pac either....until fight 4.Alvarado is a much better boxer than Rios imo.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 07:34 PM) *
that is a complete load of shit. fuck arum. i'll be happy when he's not calling the shots. he's not good for boxing.

He sure isn't good for boxing. I don't really think he ever has been, when he's out of boxing I think those powers that be will try to make it seem like he's the best promoter of all time and how great he was and call him an ambassador of the sport. To me his legacy will be that he outlasted Don king lol

He doesn't do right by his fighters. And he definite doesn't try to hide that fact. I don't care, white or black, or Mexican. He doesn't give a damn about the fighters all he cares about is the bottom line or shall I say his bottom line. I understand that it's a business, really I do but I also believe in business, that people should act in good faith. People like Arum are hurting the sport i love
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 10:12 PM) *
He sure isn't good for boxing. I don't really think he ever has been, when he's out of boxing I think those powers that be will try to make it seem like he's the best promoter of all time and how great he was and call him an ambassador of the sport. To me his legacy will be that he outlasted Don king lol

He doesn't do right by his fighters. And he definite doesn't try to hide that fact. I don't care, white or black, or Mexican. He doesn't give a damn about the fighters all he cares about is the bottom line or shall I say his bottom line. I understand that it's a business, really I do but I also believe in business, that people should act in good faith. People like Arum are hurting the sport i love

couldn't have said it better myself.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 10 2013, 07:57 PM) *
Who knows, maybe Alvarado will surprise us all and boxes vs Ruslan

If he watched the Braldey/Provodnikov fight, then he'd be smart enough to box. Unfortunately, "smart" and "Alvarado" dont even belong in the same sentence.

I'm reading that Alvarado isn't pleased with the money offered for this fight. Just how much was he expecting? I guess we'd have to know how much he made in the Rios rematch, to know that. It sucks that he beat Rios, but Rios is able to move on to a bigger payday. Smh
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 11 2013, 07:45 AM) *
If he watched the Braldey/Provodnikov fight, then he'd be smart enough to box. Unfortunately, "smart" and "Alvarado" dont even belong in the same sentence.

I'm reading that Alvarado isn't pleased with the money offered for this fight. Just how much was he expecting? I guess we'd have to know how much he made in the Rios rematch, to know that. It sucks that he beat Rios, but Rios is able to move on to a bigger payday. Smh

He actually makes a good point. He's been in two maybe three foty candidates, he deserves a good little pay day. He said he wants 1.25 (what Rios made for their rematch) because HE is the champ and ruslan just lost. He said he wants to get paid like a champ, just like brandon did when he was champ.
Dolimite
I am still trying to figure out why Alvarado isn't fighting Pacquiao. That is the question that needs to be answered.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 11 2013, 10:50 AM) *
I am still trying to figure out why Alvarado isn't fighting Pacquiao. That is the question that needs to be answered.

simple...arum is a piece of shit who punishes fighters for beating his guys....and rewards his guys for losing.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 11 2013, 01:45 PM) *

Well he did box in the Rios rematch, although at times got caught in a slugfest.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 09:12 PM) *

The problem is, what boxing promoter EVER put his fighters interest's first before his business' bottom line? I think money is the first priority for all of them.

Jack
BrutUalBK
Are you serious?? Ruslan KO's this kid easily, the first big bomb that lands and Alvo is either on his back or on his bike the rest of the fight; either way he loses.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 11 2013, 10:41 AM) *
He actually makes a good point. He's been in two maybe three foty candidates, he deserves a good little pay day. He said he wants 1.25 (what Rios made for their rematch) because HE is the champ and ruslan just lost. He said he wants to get paid like a champ, just like brandon did when he was champ.

He sure does make a good point, and I cant fault him for that. On the other hand, Provodnikov DID lose his last fight, but had he not had Bradley flopping around the ring like a wet chicken, then nobody would even be interested in a Provodnikov/Alvarado fight. So in a sense, Provodnikov raised the value of this potential fight (by impressively losing his last fight). If he didnt "appear" to be a threat, then nobody would even care about this fight.

Brandon did get paid pretty good as champ, but let's face it, Rios is (and always will be) marketable than Alvarado, hence why he got a Pacquiao fight and Alvarado didn't.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 11 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Well he did box in the Rios rematch, although at times got caught in a slugfest.

Didn't Bradley do the same thing? Lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 16 2013, 07:49 AM) *
Are you serious?? Ruslan KO's this kid easily, the first big bomb that lands and Alvo is either on his back or on his bike the rest of the fight; either way he loses.

I don't think Alverado will fall like that. He's tough as shit and will most likely get stopped late. If Alverado could box some and mix it up too, he might win some rounds, When Bradley boxed against Ruslan, he made the fight look easy. But when Tim brawled it was life and death for him. Alvarado COULD use a combination of boxing and brawling to give Ruslin things to think about, but he won't. Most likely this will be a brawl. Ruslin TKO 8.

Jack
Dolimite
First this fight is bullshit, simply because Mike Alvarado should be fighting Pacquiao and Ruslan. Rios and Ruslan fight would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Rios and Manny. Mike got fucked over by Bob big time. I hope the winner of Bradley and Marquez, faces the winner of Ruslan and Alvarado. Alvarado deserves a shot at the big lights and well as Ruslan. Manny of course will have his pick of the draw if he beats Rios. Now if Rios wins then he should look to what happened to Rigondeaux when you beat the house fighter. Either way, Mike gets the screw job in this fight.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 01:56 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/provodnikov-agr...on-10-19--67521

What do you guys think of this? We are having a great year in boxing

Here's my take: yes we're having some great match ups but then again Bob Arum has always been able to do just that especially when the case concerns fighters that he controls. Bob is in the position to milk all of his best fighters vs one another anytime he wants because he gets the Lion's share regardless of which guy wins or loses.

The problem we have with Top Rank (I call them Top STANK) is that he doesn't want to do straight up honest business with GBP or especially with Floyd which is why we never will see Floyd vs Pac.

Hopefully the old fart just passes gas into eternity soon so that we can hopefully get someone who will really do business from a business standpoint and not a personal one in the manner in which Bob "I was lying yesterday but I'm telling the truth today" Arum does it.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 16 2013, 01:37 PM) *
First this fight is bullshit, simply because Mike Alvarado should be fighting Pacquiao and Ruslan. Rios and Ruslan fight would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Rios and Manny. Mike got fucked over by Bob big time. I hope the winner of Bradley and Marquez, faces the winner of Ruslan and Alvarado. Alvarado deserves a shot at the big lights and well as Ruslan. Manny of course will have his pick of the draw if he beats Rios. Now if Rios wins then he should look to what happened to Rigondeaux when you beat the house fighter. Either way, Mike gets the screw job in this fight.

I'm not so sure Alvarado is ready for the likes of Pac, Bradley, JMM and even Ruslan at this point but out of the choices there he should be fighting Provo. Pac is too fast for him and much more experienced, Bradley is too technically superior-so is JMM but Ruslan is a crude-one dimensional fighter of the likes he's used to facing in Rios. Honestly though, who has Alvo beaten to deserve a shot at Bradley or JMM.

Personally I do agree with Pac vs Alvo regardless of the experience level because I feel MP needs a tune-up fight before taking on Bradley or JMM and Alvo needs a test and since MP is coming off 2 losses in a row then they'd be perfect for one another in that sense.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2013, 12:07 PM) *
I don't think Alverado will fall like that. He's tough as shit and will most likely get stopped late. If Alverado could box some and mix it up too, he might win some rounds, When Bradley boxed against Ruslan, he made the fight look easy. But when Tim brawled it was life and death for him. Alvarado COULD use a combination of boxing and brawling to give Ruslin things to think about, but he won't. Most likely this will be a brawl. Ruslin TKO 8.

Jack

This......plus, by a show of hands, who thinks Alvarado may have more pop than the WHBC (World Headbutting Champion)?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 08:34 PM) *

You know something's up, when a lawyer leaves the courtroom to promote fighters. Kinda like the old saying about President, "who spends millions in order to secure a $400K a year job? A crook, that's who."
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 17 2013, 01:32 PM) *
I'm not so sure Alvarado is ready for the likes of Pac, Bradley, JMM and even Ruslan at this point but out of the choices there he should be fighting Provo. Pac is too fast for him and much more experienced, Bradley is too technically superior-so is JMM but Ruslan is a crude-one dimensional fighter of the likes he's used to facing in Rios. Honestly though, who has Alvo beaten to deserve a shot at Bradley or JMM.

Personally I do agree with Pac vs Alvo regardless of the experience level because I feel MP needs a tune-up fight before taking on Bradley or JMM and Alvo needs a test and since MP is coming off 2 losses in a row then they'd be perfect for one another in that sense.

Who has Rios beaten to fight Pac? I mean Mike is the champion and he should of been in line to fight Pac. I am not saying Mike is the talented boxer out that group, but he does have a belt and that should mean something. That is my only point.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 09:59 AM) *
Who has Rios beaten to fight Pac? I mean Mike is the champion and he should of been in line to fight Pac. I am not saying Mike is the talented boxer out that group, but he does have a belt and that should mean something. That is my only point.

While I do agree with your last statement we have to acknowledge today that belts/titles hardly mean anything to the boxing public, especially to us insiders. We only care about the big fights, if LM and Provo were matched up in a fight then that would be something I'd want to watch even if neither of them have a belt or title and I know you being a huge boxing fan would too.

Belts/Titles don't mean what they once did back in the day of single/dominant weight class titlist/champion because there are too many straps and too many dumb things like Super Champ, Champion Emeritus, WBA, WBC, WBO, WBU, IBF, IBO-ABC, CBS, you picka ninja, I mean everything-it's ridiculous!!
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 20 2013, 10:14 AM) *
While I do agree with your last statement we have to acknowledge today that belts/titles hardly mean anything to the boxing public, especially to us insiders. We only care about the big fights, if LM and Provo were matched up in a fight then that would be something I'd want to watch even if neither of them have a belt or title and I know you being a huge boxing fan would too.

Belts/Titles don't mean what they once did back in the day of single/dominant weight class titlist/champion because there are too many straps and too many dumb things like Super Champ, Champion Emeritus, WBA, WBC, WBO, WBU, IBF, IBO-ABC, CBS, you picka ninja, I mean everything-it's ridiculous!!

I agree,but Alvarado still won and how does Brandon Rios get the top fight when he lost?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 12:47 PM) *
I agree,but Alvarado still won and how does Brandon Rios get the top fight when he lost?

Well D, you know what it is. Simple, Pac doesn't want to face someone who moves and shows the ability to outbox him just as Alvo was able to do to Rios; Manny prefers the Margo and Hatton types who come straight forward showing no defense whatsoever.

Rios is the most tailor-made fighter in the sport for Pac since Gatti or Hatton isn't no longer around.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 20 2013, 10:56 AM) *
Well D, you know what it is. Simple, Pac doesn't want to face someone who moves and shows the ability to outbox him just as Alvo was able to do to Rios; Manny prefers the Margo and Hatton types who come straight forward showing no defense whatsoever.

Rios is the most tailor-made fighter in the sport for Pac since Gatti or Hatton isn't no longer around.

And this is the same guy who still or says he still wants to fight Mayweather? I kill myself when people actually feel that Pac has all the tools to beat Mayweather. He does have a high punching rate, but so did Guerrero and you saw what happened there. Now comparing Manny to Guerrero but you know what I mean. I just do not get what people see in Pac that they honestly believe that he would KO Mayweather. In the same breath they same people call Mayweather a runner, so how is Pac going to beat Mayweather when his greatest strength (Pac) is do beat opponents that are right in front of him? That is why he struggled with Bradley! His movement, and Bradley had a broken ankle!

The truth in the matter is, Mike A. should be fighting Pac and not Bam Bam.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 03:14 PM) *
And this is the same guy who still or says he still wants to fight Mayweather? I kill myself when people actually feel that Pac has all the tools to beat Mayweather. He does have a high punching rate, but so did Guerrero and you saw what happened there. Now comparing Manny to Guerrero but you know what I mean. 1. I just do not get what people see in Pac that they honestly believe that he would KO Mayweather. In the same breath they same people call Mayweather a runner, so how is Pac going to beat Mayweather when his greatest strength (Pac) is do beat opponents that are right in front of him? That is why he struggled with Bradley! His movement, and Bradley had a broken ankle!

2.The truth in the matter is, Mike A. should be fighting Pac and not Bam Bam.

1. I don't either, Floyd's superior skills is far too great for Manny (who is one dimensional) to overcome; Pac can only deal with Brawlers. He struggles with boxer severely, Bradley made him look ordinary and JMM took him to school in their 3 previous bouts but somehow these clowns believe he will simply KO Floyd, ridiculous.

2. Mike should've gotten that shot before Rios whether he deserved it or not and had Alvarado not show the ability to add some boxing in his last fight with Rios and simply fought him as he did in their first bout then I'm certain they would've taken him instead of Brandon.
Jack 1000
It's on according to Yahoo:

October 19th in Denver on HBO:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/mike-...-194059482.html

checkleft
Finally signed. Awesome!
HyyerBlaze
Im going to try to go to this fight...should be able to get awesome tix for cheap
Dolimite
No defense and no strategy. Who ever can out slug the other guy wins. Mike Alvarado has a fight and Ruslan are fighting but no Rigondeaux's fights? Um... Okay. So much for boxing, I guess only Rocky type fights are popular. Sucks
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 2 2013, 01:44 PM) *
No defense and no strategy. Who ever can out slug the other guy wins. Mike Alvarado has a fight and Ruslan are fighting but no Rigondeaux's fights? Um... Okay. So much for boxing, I guess only Rocky type fights are popular. Sucks

Another ungrateful boxing fan. Say it aint so...
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 2 2013, 12:44 PM) *

If hbo headlined a Rigondeaux fight right now the rartings would be pretty damn poor and you know it..unless it was a rematch vs donaire ofcourse.

This fight will be a slugfest true...but who is not entertained by action fights?
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 20 2013, 04:18 AM) *
You know something's up, when a lawyer leaves the courtroom to promote fighters. Kinda like the old saying about President, "who spends millions in order to secure a $400K a year job? A crook, that's who."

truth.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 2 2013, 01:44 PM) *

amen.
daprofessor
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Aug 2 2013, 02:37 PM) *
If hbo headlined a Rigondeaux fight right now the rartings would be pretty damn poor and you know it..unless it was a rematch vs donaire ofcourse.

This fight will be a slugfest true...but who is not entertained by action fights?

if by action fights you mean guys that block punches with their faces....that would be me. i am not entertained by that. there's an easy solution. let rock 'em sock 'em robots be the main event...and give me rigondeaux on the undercard. i can wrap up my night early.
klonopinz
cant wait for this shit. provodnikov is a fuckin nutjob
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 2 2013, 11:30 AM) *
Another ungrateful boxing fan. Say it aint so...

I am not ungrateful but I am tired of seeing the brawlers headline everything and boxers get the short end of the stick. I like action fights but I love boxing matches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.