Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garcia vs. Matthysse: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Gambit808
This is gonna be HUGE! I only wish the Title of the event "the one", had a bit more thought and imagination put into it... but I guess that's neither here nor there. Hope these fights live up to the expectations of a classic.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14739.html
mrchitown
The card is starting to really take shape, this is going to be a good one.
xxxxxx
Unbelievable Boxing Card. A September to Remember.
klonopinz
I saw this poser kid today at work with a TMT logo for his background on his smartphone, i was likie, wow. boxing is truly back on the casual fans again. this is crazy. This fight is geting ordered by ppl who havent bought a payperview since tyson was fighting back in the late 1990s

whoops, sorry i meant to say this as well, im so glad danny garcia was actually chompin at the bit to get at mathysse, i wanted to beleive that in my heart, danny is a young strong champion, he aint afraid to fight mathysse, who lost to zab. who he just beat. This card is going to be the best boxing event of the 2000s
Dolimite
2.5 million PPV buys?

I wonder what Cshels has to say?
checkleft
This was the only way Danny was gonna get the money he wanted/didn't deserve. But I'm glad these two are getting the exposure they should have been getting. With this on the undercard alone the card is already stacked. This is gonna be a great fight, I can see either guy hitting the canvas and I don't think this is going to the scorecards.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 12 2013, 07:42 AM) *
This was the only way Danny was gonna get the money he wanted/didn't deserve. But I'm glad these two are getting the exposure they should have been getting. With this on the undercard alone the card is already stacked. This is gonna be a great fight, I can see either guy hitting the canvas and I don't think this is going to the scorecards.

So we have the co main event, great. Now what will be the opening act? Any guesses?
klonopinz
i would like to see a rematch between rosado and love in a 12 rounder. man i wish russel jr vs mares would have been on there. o well
Jack 1000
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jul 12 2013, 12:42 AM) *
Unbelievable Boxing Card. A September to Remember.

"A September to Remember" was last used as a bi-line for Spinks-Holmes I back in 1985.

Jack
DubC
It appears that this news has overloaded Boxingscene and taken it offline. It's been offline for the last 10 minutes or so, lol

Edit: still down after 20 more minutes aikido.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 10:33 AM) *
2.5 million PPV buys?

I wonder what Cshels has to say?

Cshel can tell ya that it wont sell 2.5M. What's up with you guys getting excited and throwing these wild numbers around. The only 2M+ buys that I can project, is if Mayweather/Pacquiao ever happens to be made, but that's about it.

I'm just glad that the Matthysse hopefuls can shut their traps about a fighter ducking another.

laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 12 2013, 10:22 AM) *
i would like to see a rematch between rosado and love in a 12 rounder. man i wish russel jr vs mares would have been on there. o well

Love is suspended for a few months so that will not happen.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 12 2013, 11:49 AM) *
Cshel can tell ya that it wont sell 2.5M. What's up with you guys getting excited and throwing these wild numbers around. The only 2M+ buys that I can project, is if Mayweather/Pacquiao ever happens to be made, but that's about it.

I'm just glad that the Matthysse hopefuls can shut their traps about a fighter ducking another.

laugh.gif

You still think Pac and Mayweather could do that many numbers? Interesting. Would you buy that fight, even now?

I am glad this fight is happening. It will be very interesting. I wonder what Haymon deal was for both fighters?
daprofessor
all the danny garcia haters gotta be feeling real stupid right about now. duck my ass.

they're going to feel even more stupid when danny puts matthysse's head to bed.
Plah
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 12 2013, 03:27 PM) *
all the danny garcia haters gotta be feeling real stupid right about now. duck my ass.

they're going to feel even more stupid when danny puts matthysse's head to bed.

Sig bet? cool.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Plah @ Jul 12 2013, 03:40 PM) *
Sig bet? cool.gif

why not? we might as well get a few more in on this...i'll start the thread.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 03:11 PM) *

You still think Pac and Mayweather could do that many numbers? Interesting. Would you buy that fight, even now?

I am glad this fight is happening. It will be very interesting. I wonder what Haymon deal was for both fighters?

Hell yeah Pac/May will still do those types of numbers. You have to keep in mind, how many clueless fans still wanna see that fight. I've got responses from old heads who haven't watched boxing since the Heavyweight days, who said they'll order that fight.

We all know that Matthysse took short money for this fight. Danny has two straps, no way in hell it was gonna be anywhere close to a 50/50. Now, those sanctioning fees for both of those titles, may have both guys looking to make the same type of money. Who knows though.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 03:11 PM) *

Hell yes and Yes.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 12 2013, 11:56 AM) *
Hell yeah Pac/May will still do those types of numbers. You have to keep in mind, how many clueless fans still wanna see that fight. I've got responses from old heads who haven't watched boxing since the Heavyweight days, who said they'll order that fight.

We all know that Matthysse took short money for this fight. Danny has two straps, no way in hell it was gonna be anywhere close to a 50/50. Now, those sanctioning fees for both of those titles, may have both guys looking to make the same type of money. Who knows though.

So you would order this fight? Wow. I actually think this will be May's last fight. No way Pac gets a 50/50 split. More like 70/30. This fight lost its luster in 2010. But I see your point.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 12 2013, 12:15 PM) *
Hell yes and Yes.

So who you got in the fight? And why does this fight still intrigue you?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 06:50 PM) *
So you would order this fight? Wow. I actually think this will be May's last fight. No way Pac gets a 50/50 split. More like 70/30. This fight lost its luster in 2010. But I see your point.

You think Canelo or are you saying Manny will be Mayweather's last fight?

And I'd definitely order this fight as I'm sure that I wouldn't even be able to sniff a seat in the MGM if this fight were to happen.....Pacquiao may have gotten ko'd but he was still one of the best of his era and so is Floyd. If he can best Rios and get another win under his belt next year, I wouldn't be surprised if that fight wasn't called for by the media and fans again.

Arum can spin his next few fights as the rebirth of Manny. He's a loveable character in the eyes of many fans and people will always want to see Mayweather lose as long as he's boxing. I think the fight definitely lost something but i'm not completely sold that it's down and out
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 06:50 PM) *

Oh and I'm sure you'll be happy to know that there are reports that Floyd called off his engagement to Miss Jackson lol offtopic.gif
Plah
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 12 2013, 03:49 PM) *
why not? we might as well get a few more in on this...i'll start the thread.

Niceeee
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 12 2013, 12:31 PM) *
"A September to Remember" was last used as a bi-line for Spinks-Holmes I back in 1985.

Jack

I didn't know that...interesting. I just recall Shaeffer referring to this September as a "September to Remember" at a recent press conference. I wonder if this time around we get the upset that Holmes-Spinks I had.
KOpower
I love it....although I would rather it be made for a different night. I am going to get the Canelo-Mayweather fight anyway.

I think Lucas knocks Danny out, but we will see. If Danny comes in scared, it will be over. LM will paralyze him in there and finish it in the 4th or 5th round. If Garcia comes in ready, I think he could compete.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 07:50 PM) *

The same dude I had before: May. Why does it intrigue me? Well, b/c while I THINK (read; pretty certain) May would turn the lights out on Pac, it's still speculative. This way, there is "closure". Plus, I don't know why YOU'RE frontiin'.....you KNOW you're ordering that fight. LOL.
Dolimite
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 13 2013, 08:45 AM) *
The same dude I had before: May. Why does it intrigue me? Well, b/c while I THINK (read; pretty certain) May would turn the lights out on Pac, it's still speculative. This way, there is "closure". Plus, I don't know why YOU'RE frontiin'.....you KNOW you're ordering that fight. LOL.

LOL... "Ain't to future in no frontin"

The fight lost steam for me after it could of happen in 12. For Floyd, he would get 0 credit for beating Pac, 0. It is always interesting to read when people say "Why didn't Mayweather fight Pac?" But it is never "why Pac never fought Mayweather?" At this point the fight would be for money. I think Mayweather would look like the May when he fought Chico (RIP). He, like Alvarez, is going to want to embarrass him. Who knows. The only way this fight happens if Pac gets two quality wins, and Rios, is not a quality win. When you have an opponent whose only method of defense is his face, then you already won. he needs to fight someone outside of the Top Rank stable and get a solid win. Now, if a fight with Broner happens and Manny kick his ass, Mayweather can want revenge on someone who beat his mini him. Who knows. If Pac loses to Rios, he mind as well forget about fighting anyone in the 10 of his weight division, which I don't even know what it is anymore.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 13 2013, 06:44 PM) *
[/b]

The fight lost steam for me after it could of happen in 12. For Floyd, he would get 0 credit for beating Pac, 0. It is always interesting to read when people say "Why didn't Mayweather fight Pac?" But it is never "why Pac never fought Mayweather?" At this point the fight would be for money. I think Mayweather would look like the May when he fought Chico (RIP). He, like Alvarez, is going to want to embarrass him. Who knows. The only way this fight happens if Pac gets two quality wins, and Rios, is not a quality win. When you have an opponent whose only method of defense is his face, then you already won. he needs to fight someone outside of the Top Rank stable and get a solid win. Now, if a fight with Broner happens and Manny kick his ass, Mayweather can want revenge on someone who beat his mini him. Who knows. If Pac loses to Rios, he mind as well forget about fighting anyone in the 10 of his weight division, which I don't even know what it is anymore.

Broner= Haymon fighter= No TR fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 13 2013, 06:44 PM) *
[/b]

Your love for Mayweather can be vomitrocious at times, D.
Hotsauce
We getting trout vs lara
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2013, 07:48 AM) *

What did I say?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 16 2013, 09:57 AM) *
We getting trout vs lara

Good Match up! If Lara wins he should get Saul, whether Saul wins or loses in September!
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 16 2013, 07:48 AM) *

I just reread what I wrote.

Let me clear this up: The fight has to regenerate interest. Right now, its dead. I was saying if Broner and Manny fought, and Manny beat Broner (which is a possibility), the Mayweather and Manny fight could be hyped around Manny beating Mayweather's "little brother." And people can say, well since Broner is compared to Mayweather and Manny beat Broner, imagine what would Manny do to Mayweather? That kind of thing. Um, almost like the script from "No Holds Bar." Remember that movie when Rip (Hulk Hogan) didn't want to fight Zeus, but because Zeus beat his brother and paralyzed him, Hogan had no choice but to fight him? Same shit. It would make for great theater.

BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 16 2013, 01:27 PM) *
What did I say?

THIS:

So you would order this fight? Wow. I actually think this will be May's last fight. No way Pac gets a 50/50 split. More like 70/30. This fight lost its luster in 2010. But I see your point

The earlier convo was about someone totally different and you replied with Pac vs Floyd for 50-50 but I think you meant someone else but accidentally put Floyd's name in place.
lol, mistakes happen
checkleft
I heard trout Lara is on this card also.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 17 2013, 03:25 PM) *
I heard trout Lara is on this card also.

Yep and though I like Trout, I'm taking Lara.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 17 2013, 12:23 PM) *
THIS:

The earlier convo was about someone totally different and you replied with Pac vs Floyd for 50-50 but I think you meant someone else but accidentally put Floyd's name in place.
lol, mistakes happen

Brutal you think Pac would get 50/50 split?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 17 2013, 03:40 PM) *
Brutal you think Pac would get 50/50 split?

Vs Floyd..ASSuming that's who we're speaking of-then I say "NO"=====Never.

Nor does Pac deserve one, popularity doesn't win $$$ at the negotiating table if you have losses, especially horrific losses like the last one Manny took and in comparison he lost to fighters far less superior than Floyd.

At the negotiating table Floyd pulls out all his PPV numbers, his undefeated record, he titles in two weight classes at the same time and he magnifies Manny's losses to lesser foes, his hidden/never revealed PPV numbers and his decline in opponents (MP is facing Rios, Floyd is steady rising facing Canelo) and it all adds up to a bigger divide with the lion's share going to Money Mayweather.

At this point; I'd argue a 70-30 is best for Floyd but a 65-35 is fair with a 60-40 being a neutral offer=either of which MP should happily take given the fact that he is not in the position to make demands.
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 17 2013, 09:54 PM) *
Vs Floyd..ASSuming that's who we're speaking of-then I say "NO"=====Never.

Nor does Pac deserve one, popularity doesn't win $$$ at the negotiating table if you have losses, especially horrific losses like the last one Manny took and in comparison he lost to fighters far less superior than Floyd.

At the negotiating table Floyd pulls out all his PPV numbers, his undefeated record, he titles in two weight classes at the same time and he magnifies Manny's losses to lesser foes, his hidden/never revealed PPV numbers and his decline in opponents (MP is facing Rios, Floyd is steady rising facing Canelo) and it all adds up to a bigger divide with the lion's share going to Money Mayweather.

At this point; I'd argue a 70-30 is best for Floyd but a 65-35 is fair with a 60-40 being a neutral offer=either of which MP should happily take given the fact that he is not in the position to make demands.

He's the second biggest draw in the sport, he's definitely in the position to make demands
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 17 2013, 03:57 PM) *
He's the second biggest draw in the sport, he's definitely in the position to make demands

Then you my son, are delusional if you think that alone is going to give him the power to make demands at the negotiating table given his two losses.
checkleft
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 17 2013, 04:34 PM) *
Yep and though I like Trout, I'm taking Lara.

They are both similar fighters. Tho Lara seems to have more pop, trout seems to have a chin
Hotsauce
Its official
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 18 2013, 12:16 PM) *
Its official

clapping.gif thumbsup_anim.gif
Jack 1000
Vote in the poll everyone!

I picked Matthysse by TKO/KO I will say in the 9th round. Matthysse seems to be getting better and better with each fight. Garcia is good, but doesn't seem to be getting better and better with each fight. I think Danny will be leery of Lucus' power and Matthysse will wear him down. Now, if this is the older version of Matthysse who is known to fade late in fights and Danny brings his A-game, Garcia has a better chance. But I am only going to put Garcia's chances at 40% for a win. 60% favors Matthysse. He is going to be too powerful, and too strong, too everything. Garcia won't get a second wind if Matthysse lowers the bomb. Danny may fight to survive. And if Matthysse lowers the bomb early and Danny gets hurt, it will be a mismatch.

Garcia needs the version of Matthysse that fought Alexander and Judah to show up in order to win. Than it will be a competitive fight. However, an A-game Matthysse beats Garcia down and likely stops him.

Jack
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 18 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Vote in the poll everyone!

I picked Matthysse by TKO/KO I will say in the 9th round. Matthysse seems to be getting better and better with each fight. Garcia is good, but doesn't seem to be getting better and better with each fight. I think Danny will be leery of Lucus' power and Matthysse will wear him down. Now, if this is the older version of Matthysse who is known to fade late in fights and Danny brings his A-game, Garcia has a better chance. But I am only going to put Garcia's chances at 40% for a win. 60% favors Matthysse. He is going to be too powerful, and too strong, too everything. Garcia won't get a second wind if Matthysse lowers the bomb. Danny may fight to survive. And if Matthysse lowers the bomb early and Danny gets hurt, it will be a mismatch.

Garcia needs the version of Matthysse that fought Alexander and Judah to show up in order to win. Than it will be a competitive fight. However, an A-game Matthysse beats Garcia down and likely stops him.

Jack

That's a good prediction and observation.
daprofessor
i got garcia by ko.

i think ppl are making way too much of matthysse's string of ko's. danny has been in with faster strong punching fighters. he knows what to do and he will. he's going to take away those wide shots from matthysse and break him down before he knocks him out. danny is a philly fighter who understands what needs to be done.

can't wait to see angel rile up the matthysse camp. argentenians seem to be uptight people. this should be interesting. laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 18 2013, 04:40 PM) *
That's a good prediction and observation.

This fight is going to be worth that 74 dollars! Molina and Ishe Smith just got added to the card. This is going to be a hellva fight night!!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 18 2013, 07:24 PM) *
i got garcia by ko.

i think ppl are making way too much of matthysse's string of ko's. danny has been in with faster strong punching fighters. he knows what to do and he will. he's going to take away those wide shots from matthysse and break him down before he knocks him out. danny is a philly fighter who understands what needs to be done.

can't wait to see angel rile up the matthysse camp. argentenians seem to be uptight people. this should be interesting. laugh.gif

I can't pick a side. I'm sorry man but I keep trying but this is the definition of a 50/50 fight. IDK who will win this one
DevJ560
I got Matthysse winning via mid early to mid round knockout I think Garcia gets a bit wild with his hooks and although he is faster than Matthysse. I think Matthysse gets into position better.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 18 2013, 08:24 PM) *
i got garcia by ko.

Honestly i think matthysse hooks are sharper than Dannys. Dannys are super wide they are just a bit quicker so its hard to see Danny getting on he inside of anything. I see the uppercut and straight being a major key for Danny, matthysse always eats those. He seems to see hooks coming

And I think the straight is gonna be key for matth.

This is honestly a toss up to me, my mind says Danny will stick to his gameplan like always and pull out but my gut tells me Lucas is gonna hurt this kid and either him or his father won't be able to withstand the punishment.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 19 2013, 02:33 PM) *
Honestly i think matthysse hooks are sharper than Dannys. Dannys are super wide they are just a bit quicker so its hard to see Danny getting on he inside of anything. I see the uppercut and straight being a major key for Danny, matthysse always eats those. He seems to see hooks coming

And I think the straight is gonna be key for matth.

This is honestly a toss up to me, my mind says Danny will stick to his gameplan like always and pull out but my gut tells me Lucas is gonna hurt this kid and either him or his father won't be able to withstand the punishment.

seriously....i feel the same. it's truly a 50/50 fight that either guy can win by ko. i know one thing....it ain't going to the cards. i just picked danny because i think he's a little more well rounded....and i think ppl are overestimating matthysse's string of ko's.
Jack 1000
Let's just hope for no illness or injury shit so that this fight for sure comes off! How many think Danny's father's gonna do something stupid leading up to the fight? I think Lucus is gonna hurt him. (I mean Matthysse in "him" not his Dad!!!) Although it would be funny shit if Lucus went after the Danny's father, if or rather WHEN Dad does something. Danny seems more composed. Both of these guys businesses should be in the ring.

Danny's Dad reminds me of the Little League Father who can't control his temper with his kid showing more sense than he.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.