team matthysse
Plah
Brutual
Gambit808
Kratza
mgrover
dolimite
atypicaltyrant

for those that don't know....a sig bet is where the winners get to choose the signature pic for the losers for a set period of time. i prefer 30 days. if anyone feels that's too long/too short speak up. so basically...the losers posts for 30 days will sport some embarrassing pic chosen/created by the winners.
Cshel86
Oh hell!!!

...and it begins!

laugh.gif
Gambit808
Team Matthysse
BrutUalBK
I like DG, he has a great attitude and is tougher than many give him credit for-he has the ability to outbox LM but I think he gets hit too cleanly which he cannot afford to do vs Lucas. As much as I respect DG I'm going to have to go the other way and pick LM by stoppage because when I think back to the DG vs NC (though it was long ago and he has since improved) I remember him getting hit often with shots that I felt he should not even be allowing to touch him.

He was able to walk through NC shots and as stated he has improved a lot since then but he doesn't have the firepower to hurt or keep LM off of him and eventually it turns into a slugfest at some point of which I think he goes down and stays down.
checkleft
I've been here for a while and I still don't know what a Sig bet is Haha

But does anyone get the feeling that if it gets tough in there Dannys dad will stop it? He seems to get really emotional (for obvious reasons its his son).
daprofessor
updated...your explanation is up top check...
jtiizzle
danny swift wins UD
Dolimite
Matthysse! the Machine!
Plah
Haha nice thread man, I say Lucas by TKO in the middle rounds, say 6 or 7.
klonopinz
danny by UD
Kratza
Matthysse by KO he's the best 140 fighter right now, no way this fight goes the distance
mgrover
I think Matthysee will take it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 12 2013, 03:50 PM) *
for those that don't know....a sig bet is where the winners get to choose the signature pic for the losers for a set period of time. i prefer 30 days. if anyone feels that's too long/too short speak up. so basically...the losers posts for 30 days will sport some embarrassing pic chosen/created by the winners.

This explanation gives me the chilllls!!! Oooowee!!! It's about to get ugly around here come September! laugh.gif
DigitalBoom
Just taking a look at Danny and his fathers faces during the Peterson fight was more than enough to indicate Lucas' performance shook them both up a lot. Danny may somehow land a good shot and win in shocking fashion but I think it is very unlikely as I don't see him being aggressive enough.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 13 2013, 07:51 PM) *
This explanation gives me the chilllls!!! Oooowee!!! It's about to get ugly around here come September! laugh.gif

pick a side mane! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jul 14 2013, 06:29 PM) *
Just taking a look at Danny and his fathers faces during the Peterson fight was more than enough to indicate Lucas' performance shook them both up a lot. Danny may somehow land a good shot and win in shocking fashion but I think it is very unlikely as I don't see him being aggressive enough.

so you're team matthysse?
klonopinz
Im going with team garcia because were both north philly yun buls. my mind says mathysse but my heart says danny. I dont care im going danny with this one. He knows he cant fuck around like he did with zab judah. Plus i thin k angel knows this guy dont speak english and that he doesnt really care about the shit talking. This is a lets get down to business fight, forget the hype. this fight needs no hype, so that means the fighters will be focusing completely on the boxing, and i think it will show in dannys game. I think mathysse gets smoked by a big left hook. Danny outboxes him and bangs in spots. Now if mathysse gets cracked by that big left hook, then turns and smiles and winks at danny likie he did to judah, then i will feel afraid, very afraid for danny.
Franchize
I'm bitchin out right along with Cshel lol I really can't pick a side right now lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 15 2013, 07:23 AM) *
Im going with team garcia because were both north philly yun buls. my mind says mathysse but my heart says danny. I dont care im going danny with this one. He knows he cant fuck around like he did with zab judah. Plus i thin k angel knows this guy dont speak english and that he doesnt really care about the shit talking. This is a lets get down to business fight, forget the hype. this fight needs no hype, so that means the fighters will be focusing completely on the boxing, and i think it will show in dannys game. I think mathysse gets smoked by a big left hook. Danny outboxes him and bangs in spots. Now if mathysse gets cracked by that big left hook, then turns and smiles and winks at danny likie he did to judah, then i will feel afraid, very afraid for danny.

i believe danny is a bigger stronger guy. i also believe he will nullify a lot of what matthysse does. power don't mean shit if you can't land. danny is very solid. mix in his old man talking shit...he's speaks spanish, right? and i think he's going to get under matthysse's skin. everyone has pretty much backed down from matthysse. danny doesn't strike me as the type to back down in the ring. it's going to be interesting.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 15 2013, 02:36 PM) *
I'm bitchin out right along with Cshel lol I really can't pick a side right now lol

c'mon man!!! laugh.gif
Gambit808
Hold on Professor, let me get this clear. So no way are we allowed to switch sides before fight night, correct?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jul 15 2013, 03:07 PM) *
Hold on Professor, let me get this clear. So no way are we allowed to switch sides before fight night, correct?

you can switch sides up until the fight starts. this thread should be locked once the fight starts.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 15 2013, 02:36 PM) *

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing!

laugh.gif

Seriously though, sign me up for Garcia. Like a few other guys that fought Matthysse, he has the tools, but he may be able to execute them better than the other guys. I just cant see Danny NOT getting off one of his power shots...that would be a waste of training camp, etc. If he hooks with Matthysse, he may actually be quick enough to get to his chin.

Lamont getting dropped while trying to hook with Matthysse, didn't happen in vain. That moment was meant to be studied, and ultimately executed by another fighter. I like Matthysse, dont get me wrong here, but I think this is his fight to lose. If he fights off of emotions (which he's a lot of when it comes to a title shot and fighting Danny), then that'll play into his detriment.

Danny seems a bit light on his feet during fights, so hopefully he works his legs good enough during camp (along with is neck muscles), so he's able to take those shots, if he let's it comes down to that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2013, 04:59 PM) *

laugh.gif

Seriously though, sign me up for Garcia. Like a few other guys that fought Matthysse, he has the tools, but he may be able to execute them better than the other guys. I just cant see Danny NOT getting off one of his power shots...that would be a waste of training camp, etc. If he hooks with Matthysse, he may actually be quick enough to get to his chin.

Lamont getting dropped while trying to hook with Matthysse, didn't happen in vain. That moment was meant to be studied, and ultimately executed by another fighter. I like Matthysse, dont get me wrong here, but I think this is his fight to lose. If he fights off of emotions (which he's a lot of when it comes to a title shot and fighting Danny), then that'll play into his detriment.

Danny seems a bit light on his feet during fights, so hopefully he works his legs good enough during camp (along with is neck muscles), so he's able to take those shots, if he let's it comes down to that.

done! welcome aboard!!! this is going to be a fun ride!!! smile.gif

angel is going to have this dude so riled up...he's going to play right into danny's hands. laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2013, 04:59 PM) *

laugh.gif

"Take to the head! Take to the head! You take it like a bitch!!!!"~ Shorty from Scary Movie 2
bnoles4life
Maaaaaaaaaaane, I feel Cool Hand Luke...a.k.a. Lucas w/ the lid off....a.k.a. Matthysse takes that, but Danny just keeps on winning....**Gentlemen, this is known as the fine art of "fence straddling"**
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Maaaaaaaaaaane, I feel Cool Hand Luke...a.k.a. Lucas w/ the lid off....a.k.a. Matthysse takes that, but Danny just keeps on winning....**Gentlemen, this is known as the fine art of "fence straddling"**

laugh.gif just jump in mane!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2013, 07:14 PM) *

I'm right there with ya...it's such a tough fight to call, it's a 50/50 fight and IDK who to pick
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 19 2013, 02:29 AM) *
I'm right there with ya...it's such a tough fight to call, it's a 50/50 fight and IDK who to pick

Chi.....I've changed my pick 6 times since this thread started and normally, I'd be like f*ck it. However, after reflecting on the sick minds that frequently peruse this site, you MFs would have me on some Lil' Wayne kissin' Baby type iiiish. Naw, maaaaane.
Cshel86
...bunch of fence straddlers in this thread...have no shame???

laugh.gif

I love sig bets, but I hate 'em...well...I just hate to lose, but who doesn't? Lol

Man, I'm "scurred". Danny better bring that Sunday punch to the table, come Sept. 14th.
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 20 2013, 03:05 AM) *
Chi.....I've changed my pick 6 times since this thread started and normally, I'd be like f*ck it. However, after reflecting on the sick minds that frequently peruse this site, you MFs would have me on some Lil' Wayne kissin' Baby type iiiish. Naw, maaaaane.

I go back and forth as well, I gi e the slight edge to Garcia then I think about what Matthyse brings to the ring and then I'm back at square one

What Wayne and baby do is disgusting I ain't never seen no alleged father son relationship like that
daprofessor
is matthysse's victory over ajose looking less impressive after what lundy did to him friday? something to consider.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 22 2013, 08:28 PM) *
is matthysse's victory over ajose looking less impressive after what lundy did to him friday? something to consider.

Wouldnt it be the other way around. Maybe Matthysse softened him up for that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 22 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Wouldnt it be the other way around. Maybe Matthysse softened him up for that.

that could be the case. i haven't seen the fight. from what i heard though....lundy just boxed the shit out of him. anyone got a link?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 22 2013, 07:47 PM) *
that could be the case. i haven't seen the fight. from what i heard though....lundy just boxed the shit out of him. anyone got a link?

It was just a nice display of the oh-so shaky Philly shell, with some nice uppercuts, some nice left hands, and Ajose flopping around the ring in a couple of rounds...nothing much to see there. Lol
Dolimite
Okay, I am officially back on the fence with this fight. I have no idea who I am picking now. Please take me off of the Matthysse team. I honestly do not know who to pick.
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 12 2013, 03:50 PM) *
who's in? sign up here.

team garcia
daprofessor
jtizzle
klonopinz
Cshel86

team matthysse
Plah
Brutual
Gambit808
Kratza
mgrover

here's the updated list. dolimite jumped off the matthysse bandwagon.

anyone else want in on this sig bet???
Cshel86
Cant wait for Danny to euthanize Matthysse! yahoo.gif
Dolimite
With much debate and rewatching both men's fights, I am back on team Matthysse. 8 round knockout!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 06:51 PM) *
With much debate and rewatching both men's fights, I am back on team Matthysse. 8 round knockout!

laugh.gif

that's where you started.
daprofessor
daprofessor
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 5 2013, 09:19 PM) *

I wanna see what new wrinkles Danny will bring out! He used his right hand pretty good in the Judah fight...kinda reminded me of how Cotto used his in the Mosley fight. I was watching Judah/Matthysse a few days ago, and hopefully Danny's team has watched it as well.

Granted, Lucas started slow in the Judah fight, so Danny needs to keep that in mind, while using his jab to keep Lucas off balance. Maybe I'm asking for too much from Garcia, if I suggest that he uses a straight left early in the fight, along with straight shots to the body.

Problem is, Danny is square as shit during most rounds, so he just needs to be first and avoid Lucas's intent to use any straight punches...which he's pretty good at when he throws.

I still got Danny pulling this one off. If anything, he may be training to keep Lucas off of him and bank rounds, rather than going in there with the intent to have a shootout with Lucas. With that in mind, he may be trying to go for the decision.
jordanbstopps
i think Garcia has his first loss coming, could be early to
Kratza
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 22 2013, 07:28 PM) *

But you could also say Lucas beat him that bad he wasn't fully mentally or physically ready for the Lundy bout
daprofessor
QUOTE (Kratza @ Aug 6 2013, 06:45 PM) *
But you could also say Lucas beat him that bad he wasn't fully mentally or physically ready for the Lundy bout

that was mentioned in a subsequent post. i agreed.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 07:21 PM) *
that was mentioned in a subsequent post. i agreed.

am still unsure whether its true, Ajose was more simply outboxed than beaten down. Then again he was beaten down via outboxing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 7 2013, 01:23 PM) *
am still unsure whether its true, Ajose was more simply outboxed than beaten down. Then again he was beaten down via outboxing.

still haven't seen the fight.
daprofessor

i don't like to see pics like this...
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 10:25 PM) *

i don't like to see pics like this...

Why? Does he look southpaw? Or is it cause his left hand is very low
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.