Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN2-Ajosie vs. Lundy@10:30PM(ET)7:30PM(PT)-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
It's not all that often that we know of a "must see" fight on FNFs...it's usually the fights that get slept on, that end in a crazy fashion. Ajose hasn't fought since his fight with Matthysse last year, and Lundy apparently has had a couple of stay-busy fights since I last saw him fight Beltran.

As we all know, Lundy is game in every fight, and he's vulnerable, which makes it cool to see him fight. When he lands punches, shit usually happens. I'm wondering how he'll deal with Ajose movement, and as we all know, Ajose's fought a harder puncher in Matthysse.

I guess we have to see how much that fight took out of him. I want to go as far as saying that Ajose could place a well-timed shot on Lundy and finish him, since he's not hard to hurt. On the other hand, Lundy has surprised me a few times, and taken a punch well. Sine they're fighting at 140, Lundy doesn't have to struggle to make weight and in turn, may be able to take a better punch.

Anybody have predictions for this one?
daprofessor
i like lundy's skill....ajose is a tough dude. this fight seems like an even fight. i could see lundy outskilling him.
checkleft
This is a good match up, a very good FNF main event. Lundy always creates fireworks, and I thought ajose made a good account for himself against Lucas. This should be very entertaining
Jack 1000
Really good fight for a FNF main event!

Jack
Plah
Looking forward to this one, I have Ajose winning 8-4 or something close to that
mrchitown
I'm looking forward to this one as well. It's some good action coming up this weekend , starting with this fight
Dolimite
I am fan of Hammering Hank. I wish him the best in this fight. I haven't seen Ajose fight, so I have no idea how this fight will go. I wish the best to Lundy.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 19 2013, 07:14 PM) *
I am fan of Hammering Hank. I wish him the best in this fight. I haven't seen Ajose fight, so I have no idea how this fight will go. I wish the best to Lundy.

Ajose is a tough customer who will be there all night. I give him the edge in this fight
BigFightFan
Where did they find this guy kinch at? Looks like he works in the meat department of your local grocery store.
Plah
Slow ass muhfuckas laugh.gif
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Plah @ Jul 19 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Slow ass muhfuckas laugh.gif

Especially king hippo, he is slow as hell
Cshel86
I had no idea Lundy was gonna handle Ajose like this. I figured that style of Ajose's would've given Hank trouble. Guess not...

Still a few rounds left, but I thought Ajose was gone in the 5th
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jul 19 2013, 10:33 PM) *
Where did they find this guy kinch at? Looks like he works in the meat department of your local grocery store.

laugh.gif

I saw that dude flopping around the ring like a wet chicken earlier. Dude looked like somebody's fat uncle Steve or somethin'.
Cshel86
That left is killing Ajose in the 7th
mrchitown
I didn't expect Lundy to dominate Ajose like that but he put on a wonderful performance
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 20 2013, 05:44 PM) *
I didn't expect Lundy to dominate Ajose like that but he put on a wonderful performance

Ajose disappointed me, but damn, Lundy's style was solid last night.
daprofessor
i missed it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2013, 04:48 PM) *
Ajose disappointed me, but damn, Lundy's style was solid last night.

It sure was, I expected a tougher fight from Ajose, I think the speed of Lundy really bothered him
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 22 2013, 04:00 PM) *
It sure was, I expected a tougher fight from Ajose, I think the speed of Lundy really bothered him

Same here. I've never viewed Lundy as a quick fighter (with the exception of his uppercut), but he had an answers for everything that Ajose even thought about doing. That wasn't the tightest philly shell that I saw as of late, but it sure gave Ajose the blues. Lol
daprofessor
anyone else rethinking matthysse's "impressive" win over ajose?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 22 2013, 05:59 PM) *
anyone else rethinking matthysse's "impressive" win over ajose?

I think MG mentioned that Matthysse may have softened Ajose up for the Lundy victory. I never regarded Ajose as a big puncher, but his movement and style could still a problem to other fighters. I just thought he approached the Matthysse fight in a stupid manner, bad game plan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.