Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dereck Chisora vs Malik Scott
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
I think Scott takes this by some sort of UD, he's just too skillful for Chisora. pm for stream
mrchitown
Is it on now?
mgrover
yes intros now there in the ring
mgrover
Round Scott - two beautiful body shots and jabs, Chisora looked like he landed a right but too blurry
Cshel86
That was decent 1st round, looks as though Chisora hurt Scott with an overhand right, but I may be seeing things on this somewhat blurry stream. Scott used the uppercut a few times, not sure how much of an effect it had in Chisora.
Cshel86
Not sure who to give the 2nd to...not much happened.
mgrover
Round 2 - Scott, Chisora stalked but didn't really do much
Cshel86
Bunch of clinching going on in the 3rd...
mgrover
Round 3 - Scott, landed a nice uppercut on the inside, the crowd seems to go wild at anything Chisora lands
Cshel86
Scott needs to stay off the ropes...nothing good comes out of it.
mgrover
Round 4 - Chisora, landed some nice shots to the body and Scott just seems to stay on the ropes and do nothing
Cshel86
I guess the body work won Chisora the 4th round. Still not a lot of action, as Scott's using his legs a bit too much.
mgrover
Round 5 Scott - nice uppercuts from Scott, a late rally from Chisora
Cshel86
Scott's fighting off the back foot and waiting to counter...bad idea when you're in your opponent's back yard. Not enough offense from Scott, but a lot of effort (translation: winning of the rounds) by Chisora.
Cshel86
Down goes Scott....ass shouldve stayed off the ropes...
mgrover
wtf? i mean what the fuck
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 20 2013, 05:40 PM) *
wtf? i mean what the fuck

Right! Scott was coherent and all, but he should've just stood his ass up. It's obvious that he wasn't all THAT hurt, but what was the ref thinking?
mrchitown
Horrible stoppage, just horrible
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 20 2013, 05:43 PM) *
Horrible stoppage, just horrible

I mean, Scott was talking to the ref and all. I blame Scott though, he had to know that he was in another man's back yard. Anything that looks or seems like it'll fuck you in the long run...DON'T do it.
mgrover
I blame Scott too, he was fucking about too much, staying on the ropes, talking to Chisora at times, I mean at try and get up at 8, on the fucking 8 mark, thats just tempting fate.
Dolimite
Ref should be shot twice! Chisora vs. Wilder. That should be interesting.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2013, 04:45 PM) *
I mean, Scott was talking to the ref and all. I blame Scott though, he had to know that he was in another man's back yard. Anything that looks or seems like it'll fuck you in the long run...DON'T do it.

I agree with you and Grove, he should have got up and not tried his hand thinking that he was going to get the benefit of the doubt. But the ref does get some blame because he proved that he was coherent. If I was apart of Scott's team I'd protest the decision
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 10:22 PM) *
Ref should be shot twice! Chisora vs. Wilder. That should be interesting.

He won't get past Deontay. He shouldn't have beat Mali with that crap stoppage. Haymon and GB won't allow their fighter to be dealt with like that. Wilder has the power to stop Chisora in his tracks. If he and his promoter are smart they'd stay away from him
Jack 1000
I saw the knockdown. Fucking hometown bullshit stoppage. You have 10 seconds to get to your feet. Not 9 or 9.5 Here is an article on the fight and a video:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/malik...-042816066.html

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 20 2013, 08:15 PM) *
He won't get past Deontay. He shouldn't have beat Mali with that crap stoppage. Haymon and GB won't allow their fighter to be dealt with like that. Wilder has the power to stop Chisora in his tracks. If he and his promoter are smart they'd stay away from him

Chisora is a name for Wilder. Now if David Haye gets passed Fury than I would love to see Wilder and Haye. It would be an interesting and entertaining match up. Either El Boy or the Hayemaker would be two solid fights for Wilder. Did I mention the ref should pf been shot twice?
fightscoreollector
Hi guys my fight report is up on my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below) if you fancy a read or want a look on how the press had the fight at the time of stoppage.

What did you all think of the fight?? i thought it went as planned, i picked Chisora by KO in 8 but expected Scott to win the early rounds before Chisora came on strong late. I have always questioned why its taken Scott all these years to finally step up and fight somebody who is in the top 15-20 in the rankings.

The referee is getting the blame by some but why did Scott wait till 9 to stand up AND do you think he look that bothered when the fight was called off??

cheers and thanks for any comments on the article

fightscorecollector
mgrover
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jul 21 2013, 03:05 PM) *
Hi guys my fight report is up on my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below) if you fancy a read or want a look on how the press had the fight at the time of stoppage.

What did you all think of the fight?? i thought it went as planned, i picked Chisora by KO in 8 but expected Scott to win the early rounds before Chisora came on strong late. I have always questioned why its taken Scott all these years to finally step up and fight somebody who is in the top 15-20 in the rankings.

The referee is getting the blame by some but why did Scott wait till 9 to stand up AND do you think he look that bothered when the fight was called off??

fightscorecollector

you do have a point, when it was stopped Scott hardly looked outraged, his team seemed more pissed off than him.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jul 21 2013, 09:05 AM) *

fightscorecollector

The thing is though the rules don't change. A 10-count is 10 seconds. No fighter should have to go into a fight thinking during a knockdown, "Well, maybe I won't be allowed to continue at the count of 9, so I better get up at 8." The 10-count is one of the few things in boxing that thankfully has not changed over its history. Phil Edwards the ref did not even give Scott a chance to continue. He was waving his arms instantly when the fighter got to his feet.

In the UK, they are quicker to stop fights in most cases, sometimes a little too cautious than in other countries. But that doesn't even apply because Scott wasn't hurt! Some said the ref "misread the timekeeper's" pickup of the count between 5-9. Others say he counted faster between 8-9. The wave of the arms comes at 10-seconds. When a fighter can't get up. If he can get up and can continue in a close fight, to not give the visiting bloke the benefit of the doubt either casts issues of incompetence or corruption. Phil Edwards seized the opportunity and moment to accept a 9 count with a boxer upright and fully coherent, to give his opposing countrymen the win for the benefit of his backyard fans.

Phil Edwards "gave a gift" of a win to a fighter on a bullshit 9-count KO when there was no evidence of hurt or confusion to the downed boxer. Scott listened to the ref's count, took advantage of the 9 seconds, and got up ready to fight. The ref would have been justified in stopping the fight if Scott had been hurt from the knockdown. But Scott wasn't hurt. Moreover, the punch that put him down seemed to be a sloppy rabbit punch with minimal force or impact. If it was a rabbit punch, that's illegal, and even worse Chisora got away with it with no warning or point deduction. The punch that knocked Scott down was not even remotely strong enough to even consider stopping the fight, and even worse, stopping the fight when Scott beat the count, and was fit to continue.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 21 2013, 09:53 PM) *
The thing is though the rules don't change. A 10-count is 10 seconds. No fighter should have to go into a fight thinking during a knockdown, "Well, maybe I won't be allowed to continue at the count of 9, so I better get up at 8." The 10-count is one of the few things in boxing that thankfully has not changed over its history. Phil Edwards the ref did not even give Scott a chance to continue. He was waving his arms instantly when the fighter got to his feet.

In the UK, they are quicker to stop fights in most cases, sometimes a little too cautious than in other countries. But that doesn't even apply because Scott wasn't hurt! Some said the ref "misread the timekeeper's" pickup of the count between 5-9. Others say he counted faster between 8-9. The wave of the arms comes at 10-seconds. When a fighter can't get up. If he can get up and can continue in a close fight, to not give the visiting bloke the benefit of the doubt either casts issues of incompetence or corruption. Phil Edwards seized the opportunity and moment to accept a 9 count with a boxer upright and fully coherent, to give his opposing countrymen the win for the benefit of his backyard fans.

Phil Edwards "gave a gift" of a win to a fighter on a bullshit 9-count KO when there was no evidence of hurt or confusion to the downed boxer. Scott listened to the ref's count, took advantage of the 9 seconds, and got up ready to fight. The ref would have been justified in stopping the fight if Scott had been hurt from the knockdown. But Scott wasn't hurt. Moreover, the punch that put him down seemed to be a sloppy rabbit punch with minimal force or impact. If it was a rabbit punch, that's illegal, and even worse Chisora got away with it with no warning or point deduction. The punch that knocked Scott down was not even remotely strong enough to even consider stopping the fight, and even worse, stopping the fight when Scott beat the count, and was fit to continue.

Jack

Did I mention the ref should be shot?
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 22 2013, 06:24 AM) *
Did I mention the ref should be shot?

First I've heard of this.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 21 2013, 12:13 AM) *
I agree with you and Grove, he should have got up and not tried his hand thinking that he was going to get the benefit of the doubt. But the ref does get some blame because he proved that he was coherent. If I was apart of Scott's team I'd protest the decision

My biggest question is, has Scott ever tasted the canvas in his career? If not, then that inexperience may have played into the reason for him waiting forever to get to his feet. I'm definitely not making any excuses for him, because at the end of the day, it's still his fault.

He did prove that he was coherent, but instead of being down on his knees smiling, winking, and shaking his head, he should've used that energy to get to his feet. I'm gonna play the race card here for two seconds laugh.gif ...

Why can't black folk (yeah I said "folk", lol) just do things the conventional way? In basketball, most caucasian and foreign players stick to the basics...dribble, pass, jump shot, lay-up, etc. Why is that black folk have to do crossovers and wild ass dunks...just to miss it all at the end, when it really means something?

In this case, why did Scott have to showboat on the canvas with that goofy look and head nods and so on? Dude, just get our ass up! You know you aren't really that hurt, just get your ass up and fight! Instead, his antics caused him the fight. laugh.gif
daprofessor
he was standing at 9 and the ref waived it off. bullshit stoppage....but malik should have known they weren't going to give him anything. he was the "b" side on that promotion and needed to score a knock out to get the decision.

mgrover
also...WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE DOING ON THOSE ROPES...
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 22 2013, 05:53 PM) *
also...WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE DOING ON THOSE ROPES...

it's how he fights. he should have taken it to the center of the ring...but i think chisora was too big and strong for him to be honest. not sure why he gave chisora so much respect.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 22 2013, 10:03 AM) *
My biggest question is, has Scott ever tasted the canvas in his career? If not, then that inexperience may have played into the reason for him waiting forever to get to his feet. I'm definitely not making any excuses for him, because at the end of the day, it's still his fault.

He did prove that he was coherent, but instead of being down on his knees smiling, winking, and shaking his head, he should've used that energy to get to his feet. I'm gonna play the race card here for two seconds laugh.gif ...

Why can't black folk (yeah I said "folk", lol) just do things the conventional way? In basketball, most caucasian and foreign players stick to the basics...dribble, pass, jump shot, lay-up, etc. Why is that black folk have to do crossovers and wild ass dunks...just to miss it all at the end, when it really means something?

In this case, why did Scott have to showboat on the canvas with that goofy look and head nods and so on? Dude, just get our ass up! You know you aren't really that hurt, just get your ass up and fight! Instead, his antics caused him the fight. laugh.gif

Good question and one I don't have the answer to. I think he was letting Chisora dictate but mail was still doing good things in the fight, I think his work rate should've been higher and he should've took the fight to Chisora.

I have no problems with that but you know blacks like to be flashy sometimes not all but some, a basic cross over isn't appealing, it has to be Iverson like or its no good. He should be kicking himself for that
Who knows what would've happens if he had acted professional
klonopinz
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 22 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Good question and one I don't have the answer to. I think he was letting Chisora dictate but mail was still doing good things in the fight, I think his work rate should've been higher and he should've took the fight to Chisora.

I have no problems with that but you know blacks like to be flashy sometimes not all but some, a basic cross over isn't appealing, it has to be Iverson like or its no good. He should be kicking himself for that

Iverson..... ha....... if that asswipe never bruised his tailbone in game 1 of the 2001 finals, i would probsbly be a doctor right now.
checkleft
I thought it was a quick count to but he definitely got up at the very latest before 8 if he really wasn't that hurt.
Jack 1000
Did the ref say he did not beat the count. None of the videos I have seen show an interview with him. Scott should protest to the WBO. He has a strong case here.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 22 2013, 09:32 PM) *

You're exactly right, he did let Chisora dictate the pace. He was fine in the middle of the ring, but the whole defensive mess against the ropes, allowed Chisora o get off a bit, especially to the body. How do you feel his uppercut was working, against Chisora?

As for black "folk" being flashy, man...that's some costly stuff, especially if things go wrong, lol. Speaking of crossover, does anybody remember that whack ass "Crossover" movie that they made back in '06, with Hotsauce in it? God that movie was horrible, I remember a chick talked me into taking her to see it...that was the worst $20 I've ever spent, aside from buying some bad weed on a few occasions. Lol

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 23 2013, 10:45 PM) *
Did the ref say he did not beat the count. None of the videos I have seen show an interview with him. Scott should protest to the WBO. He has a strong case here.

Jack

I think Scott did the right thing, post idiocy. He didn't cry or complain, he stayed as professional as possible, hoping that he'd get another shot sooner than later. Sad thing is, I don't think he will, lol. He could be a threat to Chisora, if he brings the fight to him, like Chi mentioned. As for the looks of it, Chisora got past a "slick" and "talented" fighter...no need to repeat it and ruin things. Poor Scott, lol.
Jack 1000
Scott's people have filed a protest with the BBBOC:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/95028...-dereck-chisora

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 24 2013, 08:27 PM) *
Scott's people have filed a protest with the BBBOC:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/95028...-dereck-chisora

Jack

Uh ohhh...

no2.gif

Scott got screwed in the Adamek fight, and JUST dealt with a 50/50 screw job in the Chisora fight...meaning he screwed himself, and the ref suddenly made a 9-count legal. I can see Scott fading away from the boxing scene, unless someone is willing to step up and give him a meaningful fight. Im crossing my fingers for him, and hope that this works out for him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 10:13 AM) *
Uh ohhh...

no2.gif

Scott got screwed in the Adamek fight, and JUST dealt with a 50/50 screw job in the Chisora fight...meaning he screwed himself, and the ref suddenly made a 9-count legal. I can see Scott fading away from the boxing scene, unless someone is willing to step up and give him a meaningful fight. Im crossing my fingers for him, and hope that this works out for him.

he doesn't strike me as the type who's going to speak out about this stuff either.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 25 2013, 01:47 PM) *
he doesn't strike me as the type who's going to speak out about this stuff either.

Lastly when I looked at the article, it said that the BBBOC may or may not review the fight. Scott doesn't have the big name or promotional power to plead his case. It sounds like the review board would probably go in Chisora's favor anyway. He's got the bigger name and they want to line him up with bigger paydays. I would like to see the result changed to No Contest too, but I have my doubts.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 25 2013, 03:04 PM) *
Lastly when I looked at the article, it said that the BBBOC may or may not review the fight. Scott doesn't have the big name or promotional power to plead his case. It sounds like the review board would probably go in Chisora's favor anyway. He's got the bigger name and they want to line him up with bigger paydays. I would like to see the result changed to No Contest too, but I have my doubts.

Jack

if they wanted to do right by boxing....have a rematch. it's only fair. the network, the promoter...and all parties involved should make this right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.