Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JLC Jr splitting ties with his Dad
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
HyyerBlaze
Could see this coming tho...hard to live in that shadow
The Original MrFactor
Thats not his real dad. His real dad is one of the Klitschko brothers.
The Original MrFactor
I heard the Wlad had a child kidnapped in Mexico. Chavez jr looks more like the Klit brothers than he does his dad.
aTYpicalTYrant
Means nothing if Junior is still unwilling to focus and commit to the sport...
Cshel86
These silly young fighters just cant handle themselves after a loss, lol. Though he mentioned that he had a lot going on outside of the ring before the Martinez fight, who doesn't have a lot going on before a fight?

Sheesh, guys lose fights, then immediately start firing trainers, managers, strength and conditioning coaches, wanting no parts of their contracts, and now THIS....wanting to change your name?! I agree that a loss whether in the ring or the streets, will force you to look at things differently, but shit.

These fighters with daddy issues, have it hard, lol. Guess these dads need to get their shit together and rectify all of that old shit that they did in the past, rather than thinking its gonna blow away, just because their sons succeeded.

Hell, I think most of us have some type of issues, or simply didn't/dont agree with some shit that our fathers did in the past. Hell, we aren't rich though, so shouldn't we be taking it harder than these young rich guys? laugh.gif
Dolimite
The only reason why he has fans is because of who his father is! What a dumb ass!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 24 2013, 09:42 AM) *
The only reason why he has fans is because of who his father is! What a dumb ass!

+1

I wonder what he changes his name to, Cannabis Weed?
daprofessor
i think it's a good move for jr. his pops seems to be more disruptive than anything. he means well, i'm sure...but just because he's a great fighter doesn't mean he's a great trainer. let freddie handle his business. he needs to man up. this is the start.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2013, 01:14 PM) *
i think it's a good move for jr. his pops seems to be more disruptive than anything. he means well, i'm sure...but just because he's a great fighter doesn't mean he's a great trainer. let freddie handle his business. he needs to man up. this is the start.

Ok, I may agree with the move but the name change thing is total idiocy though it is his legal right to change his name.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 24 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Ok, I may agree with the move but the name change thing is total idiocy though it is his legal right to change his name.

he just wants to go by julio chavez....no cesar....no jr. i don't see anything wrong with it.
mrchitown
He needs to keep the name, he's good but he aint his dad. That name is apart of his marketability. I agree with keeping him out of his camp, his pops does seem like he causes big disruptions but the name change, that's just stupid
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2013, 02:32 PM) *
he just wants to go by julio chavez....no cesar....no jr. i don't see anything wrong with it.

It IS something wrong with it...people are used to already, too late for him. People already refer to him as "Chavez Jr." for short. That's like taking that middle "L" out of Samuel L. Jackson's name...it just doesn't sound right dammit!!! It just aint riiiight!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 10:28 AM) *
It IS something wrong with it...people are used to already, too late for him. People already refer to him as "Chavez Jr." for short. That's like taking that middle "L" out of Samuel L. Jackson's name...it just doesn't sound right dammit!!! It just aint riiiight!!!

had no idea sam jacksons middle initial is L. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 25 2013, 02:46 PM) *
had no idea sam jacksons middle initial is L. laugh.gif

That shit seems silent though, right? Lol
Jack 1000
Could be interesting to see how the WBC reacts to this. They love "Little Chavez." But they love "Big Chavez" even more! If Junior doesn't want to be called that anymore, we can just call him, "Little Chavez!" Seriously though, he's not even one quarter the fighter his Dad was. I will give credit that he's got a good chin and a lot of courage. The WBC really wants him to win a belt, but this was before the planned separation with his father.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 06:47 PM) *
That shit seems silent though, right? Lol

i thought they were just saying....samU-EL jackson. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 25 2013, 07:17 PM) *
Could be interesting to see how the WBC reacts to this. They love "Little Chavez." But they love "Big Chavez" even more! If Junior doesn't want to be called that anymore, we can just call him, "Little Chavez!" Seriously though, he's not even one quarter the fighter his Dad was. I will give credit that he's got a good chin and a lot of courage. The WBC really wants him to win a belt, but this was before the planned separation with his father.

Jack

loss to martinez aside....a good look at their records side by side and you'll see jr was on the same path as sr. sr was definitely the better fighter...but jr has had huge pressure on him to succeed.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 26 2013, 04:11 PM) *
i thought they were just saying....samU-EL jackson. laugh.gif

Me too, but that "L." is real my brotha...oh yes, it's real. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.