Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: berto/soto-karass and thurman/chaves
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
2 interesting fights. just read up on chaves...looks like thurman/chaves is going to be some gun slinging. who u got?
mrchitown
Thurman should win, hopefully he gets a shot at the full WBA title soon
Cshel86
Call me crazy, but something just tells me that Berto's gonna get handled again. Karass has been beaten on a few occasions, but it's not like he has anything to lose at this point. Berto on the other hand, has been beaten soundly, twice...this is pure desperation for him.

I'm not sure if Hunter's training has completely set in, so we'll still see some old Berto habits if he finds it too easy to land on Karass, and hopefully he makes it back to the corner so Virgil can correct him.

On another note, I'm ready to see Thurman/Chaves! If Chaves can take Thurman's punch early, then I think he'll give us something to see. Hopefully he's first in this fight, rather than waiting around too long and possibly getting floored.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 06:36 AM) *
Call me crazy, but something just tells me that Berto's gonna get handled again. Karass has been beaten on a few occasions, but it's not like he has anything to lose at this point. Berto on the other hand, has been beaten soundly, twice...this is pure desperation for him.

I'm not sure if Hunter's training has completely set in, so we'll still see some old Berto habits if he finds it too easy to land on Karass, and hopefully he makes it back to the corner so Virgil can correct him.

On another note, I'm ready to see Thurman/Chaves! If Chaves can take Thurman's punch early, then I think he'll give us something to see. Hopefully he's first in this fight, rather than waiting around too long and possibly getting floored.

If Berto loses this fight, he will be a shoe in for Golden Boy Boxing on the Fox Sports network.

Thurman should win, but I think Thurman constantly looking for the knock out might hurt him.
daprofessor
i think both fights are going to end in knock out.

i'm going with berto and chaves for no particular reason.
flazi
professor who you got:
Joe “The Future” Hanks (21-0, 14 KOs) faces Andy ‘The Destroyer” Ruiz Jr. (19-0, 13 KOs) at The Venetian Macao’s Cotai Arena in Macao, China.

Ruiz just doesn't look the part but damn that dude can fight.
Cshel86
Whaddup Flazi!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 25 2013, 05:40 PM) *
professor who you got:
Joe “The Future” Hanks (21-0, 14 KOs) faces Andy ‘The Destroyer” Ruiz Jr. (19-0, 13 KOs) at The Venetian Macao’s Cotai Arena in Macao, China.

Is this fight going to be shown on that HBO 2 broadcast?
Jack 1000
Too close to call on both!

Hoping for Soto-Karass to win. I don't think it goes to the cards. I will pick him to win (KO 10)

Thrman/Chaves, I will take Thurman by TKO in 7 with a lot of ups and downs in a war!

Do not feel confident in my predictions though.

Jack
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-berto-so...-presser--68025

Doesn't Thurman look like he is can be related to the Debarge family?
Cshel86
Berto looks a bit drained...as he's looked for his past few fights, before the weigh-in no2.gif

daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 25 2013, 06:40 PM) *
professor who you got:

where u been?

yeah...i'm going with ruiz on this one. i've seen hanks fight and he just isn't busy enough imo. i think ruiz is going to force him to be busy in this one. ruiz is just 23...and hanks is a full grown man. it's going to be interesting. i had no idea ruiz was so young.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 26 2013, 12:01 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-berto-so...-presser--68025

Doesn't Thurman look like he is can be related to the Debarge family?

"oooooh and i like it....."

laugh.gif
flazi
whats up fellas. had my laptop stolen but i'm back. thurman does look like a cheap debarge lol. i think thurman gets tested for real in this fight.
cshel, the pic for berto looks bad. he looks like a walking corpse wtf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.