Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much of a chance does Rodriguez have?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
Can this guy pull off the upset vs Cotto??
checkleft
Me and my buddys were talking about this fight the other day and im actually going with delvin by stoppage. He throws a lot of stinging straight precise shots that cut opponents and Cottos face doesn't hold up. And honestly cotto is going in with a new trainer (which I didn't think he needed) going into a whole different camp with a guy who already is training someone else (pac and ortiz) in fights not too far apart.

Like I said I'm going with delvin with the upset by stoppage
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 26 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Me and my buddys were talking about this fight the other day and im actually going with delvin by stoppage. He throws a lot of stinging straight precise shots that cut opponents and Cottos face doesn't hold up. And honestly cotto is going in with a new trainer (which I didn't think he needed) going into a whole different camp with a guy who already is training someone else (pac and ortiz) in fights not too far apart.

Like I said I'm going with delvin with the upset by stoppage

unfortunately...i'm thinking the same.

rodriguez is a decent fighter who is on the upside. cotto switching trainers...and working with freddie who will be busy with shiming, pac, provodnikov and ortiz(?) is a heavy load. he's not going to get the attention he needs...and he's definitely not going to get the science he needs to get back to. it's sad imo because he can beat this guy. he's just not smart enough to realize he's making a mistake. honestly...i don't think diaz is that great a trainer either...but he was decent for cotto.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 26 2013, 08:25 PM) *
unfortunately...i'm thinking the same.

rodriguez is a decent fighter who is on the upside. cotto switching trainers...and working with freddie who will be busy with shiming, pac, provodnikov and ortiz(?) is a heavy load. he's not going to get the attention he needs...and he's definitely not going to get the science he needs to get back to. it's sad imo because he can beat this guy. he's just not smart enough to realize he's making a mistake. honestly...i don't think diaz is that great a trainer either...but he was decent for cotto.

I agree, he might not be a great trainer but they were a good fit for each other. Sometimes thats better than just hiring a great trainer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.