Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vasyl lomachenko...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
very impressive dude who recently signed with top rank. he wants to fight for a title in his 2nd pro fight. they're matching him tough in his pro debut oct 12th. should be interesting.

here's video of the dude...

so that makes 3 two time gold medalist on topranks roster....rigondeaux (the best of them) shiming and lomachenko. what i don't understand is rigondeaux is by far the best of these guys skillwise...but arum and hbo have shit on him!? he looks like a good fighter and i'm looking forward to seeing what he can do in the pro ranks.
klonopinz
then if hes with hbo and a featherweight and hes fighting for a title within 2-3 fights, which is smart for them to get a belt for him asap so that they can split the featherweight divison between goldenboy and get a second belt holder, then they can have a unification showdown with mikey garcia.
mrchitown
I've heard nothing but good things about Lomanchenko, I'm hoping he has a lot of success in his pro career despite who his promoter is
Cshel86
Who dis is???
checkleft
What! He's 25? With a 350-1 record? This dude fighting in the cradle??
checkleft
He sort of reminds me of ortiz. Even the way he jabs and his build, what division is he in
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2013, 02:49 PM) *
He sort of reminds me of ortiz. Even the way he jabs and his build, what division is he in

ortiz has never been that skilled. he's a feather weight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 03:35 PM) *
ortiz has never been that skilled. he's a feather weight.

Totally disagree, I think Ortiz has a little more skill then him but he's a mental midget
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2013, 06:01 PM) *
Totally disagree, I think Ortiz has a little more skill then him but he's a mental midget

Hate to team up on the professor but I agree. Ortiz is an underrated boxer, he just isn't headstrong enough to stick to a gameplan
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2013, 07:01 PM) *

make your case...back it up with video. smile.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 06:48 PM) *
make your case...back it up with video. smile.gif

I ain't posting no video, I ain't the professor, you are laugh.gif

Vids of Vasyl prove nothing, he did great as an amateur but that doesn't always equate to success in the pros. Though bi expect big things from him. But as far as Ortiz, Even in his losses he's looked good. The one thing that Victor has that Vasyl doesn't is that he's a natural athlete and physically gifted. Some call it God given. The sad part about ortiz is that the things that come naturally to him others have to work for, but he throws all that out the window because he's mentally fragile

In the Maidana fight, he was controlling it until he recognized he had the cut over his eye and then he shelled up, but he still fought well to the end. Berto was probably his best performance and the best example I can use here. When he's 100% focused and locked I. He's a nightmare to fight. Against Floyd he allowed Mayweather to get in his head but we all know that's not hard to do with Victor lol

The Josesito fight, he was controlling that until the jaw got broken and he retired in his stool. His issues are not physical or skill wise, they're mental. From the way he trains you can see the dedication to the craft hen just needs to focus on the mental aspect of the game. I'm still an Ortiz fan because he's so highly skilled and you just hope people like that put it together

Lomanchenko fought in that WSB, I'm lukewarm on that for a lot of reasons. But in comparison between he and Victor its not that close as far as skill. Lomanchenko might carve out a nice career for himself but he's nowhere near the athlete and then skill Victor has, hen might be mentally tougher though
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 7 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Hate to team up on the professor but I agree. Ortiz is an underrated boxer, he just isn't headstrong enough to stick to a gameplan

Indeed he is, he has some serious boxing skills. It's just when he feels then fire I think he forgets how to act like a fighter and starts doing things that unravel him.

He's a natural, the talent is just so right in your face. I heard that all thru out H.S. and College, God given talent is always going to shine thru, Victor just has mental hurdle he needs to clear
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 8 2013, 01:00 PM) *
I ain't posting no video, I ain't the professor, you are laugh.gif

Vids of Vasyl prove nothing, he did great as an amateur but that doesn't always equate to success in the pros. Though bi expect big things from him. But as far as Ortiz, Even in his losses he's looked good. The one thing that Victor has that Vasyl doesn't is that he's a natural athlete and physically gifted. Some call it God given. The sad part about ortiz is that the things that come naturally to him others have to work for, but he throws all that out the window because he's mentally fragile

In the Maidana fight, he was controlling it until he recognized he had the cut over his eye and then he shelled up, but he still fought well to the end. Berto was probably his best performance and the best example I can use here. When he's 100% focused and locked I. He's a nightmare to fight. Against Floyd he allowed Mayweather to get in his head but we all know that's not hard to do with Victor lol

The Josesito fight, he was controlling that until the jaw got broken and he retired in his stool. His issues are not physical or skill wise, they're mental. From the way he trains you can see the dedication to the craft hen just needs to focus on the mental aspect of the game. I'm still an Ortiz fan because he's so highly skilled and you just hope people like that put it together

Lomanchenko fought in that WSB, I'm lukewarm on that for a lot of reasons. But in comparison between he and Victor its not that close as far as skill. Lomanchenko might carve out a nice career for himself but he's nowhere near the athlete and then skill Victor has, hen might be mentally tougher though

lomanchenko is a natural athlete as well. this dude is a specimen. we'll agree to disagree about who's more skilled. video is very telling. i've studied ortiz for a while and i know all of his flaws and shortcomings. time will tell. this kid is going to fight for a title in his 2nd pro bout if everything goes well with his first one. that says a lot about his talent and their belief in him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 02:02 PM) *
lomanchenko is a natural athlete as well. this dude is a specimen. we'll agree to disagree about who's more skilled. video is very telling. i've studied ortiz for a while and i know all of his flaws and shortcomings. time will tell. this kid is going to fight for a title in his 2nd pro bout if everything goes well with his first one. that says a lot about his talent and their belief in him.

No diss but I can't speak to what kind of athlete you were but I actually had natural athletic ability so I know what to look for and there is no competition between he and this guy. The guy is good and he's going to make some noise if he stays the path but aide by aide with Victor he's baby weight. Everyone has flaws including Lomanchenko. And as far ad that title fight in his 2nd pro bout, does it speak to his talent or is it Arum just accommodating this guy, the same way he is doing Zou. I think it's bullshit personally for an unproven guy to get a title shot that early but hey, I don't call the shots. Only in boxing can you pull shit like this
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 8 2013, 03:10 PM) *
No diss but I can't speak to what kind of athlete you were but I actually had natural athletic ability so I know what to look for and there is no competition between he and this guy. The guy is good and he's going to make some noise if he stays the path but aide by aide with Victor he's baby weight. Everyone has flaws including Lomanchenko. And as far ad that title fight in his 2nd pro bout, does it speak to his talent or is it Arum just accommodating this guy, the same way he is doing Zou. I think it's bullshit personally for an unproven guy to get a title shot that early but hey, I don't call the shots. Only in boxing can you pull shit like this

none taken. i was a decent athlete...but nothing special. i have been in the ring and gym with world class athletes of several sports. i know what they look like. as for lomanchenko his pro debut and possible quick title shot...rigondeaux fought for a vacant national title in his 3rd fight and got his shot for a world title in his 7th fight. leon spinks got a shot at ali in his 8th fight. it's possible...and i don't know that it has everything to do with bob arum, although that helps.

mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 07:00 PM) *
none taken. i was a decent athlete...but nothing special. i have been in the ring and gym with world class athletes of several sports. i know what they look like. as for lomanchenko his pro debut and possible quick title shot...rigondeaux fought for a vacant national title in his 3rd fight and got his shot for a world title in his 7th fight. leon spinks got a shot at ali in his 8th fight. it's possible...and i don't know that it has everything to do with bob arum, although that helps.

And you know I love Rigo laugh.gif but he didn't deserve it either, he looks like a million bucks now though after what he did to Nonito, but I just think these boxers should be brought up in the old school way and I'm not just talking with the title shot. They be babying these fighters and you know I'm right. Perfect example is Deontay Wilder, this dude is very talented in my honest assessment but he's 28-0 with 28 KO's of a bunch of stiffs and he's 27yrs old. When does the kid gloves come off? They need to bring these fighters up the old school way, I'm not saying feed Lomanchenko or any other prospect to the lions but put them in there and as their career progresses, show them different looks, build, nurture, transform that talent., and then put them in for a championship. We don't see that anymore.

Yeah Arum helps lol

Me and you both, I was/am naturally athletic...the only sport I couldn't do that well was baseball. I could hit but my fielding was worse then Frank Thomas' laugh.gif I just focused on track because it was an individuall sport and I hate losing. Playing on teams we win together we lose together, but let's not act like some players on our team didn't cough up the game. Look at Manu Ginobli, the spurs would be champs if he would've played better. Stuff like that is why I focused on track, I got disgusted withe the Boxing game as an amateur because it is corrupt here, I'm sure you know about it, plus I could make money running in college while studying for my BA. It was a no brainer for me
checkleft
This kid might be on the Bradley marquez bill, good exposure for him. Hopefully its televised, I wanna take a better look at him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.