Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Berto/Karass, Thurman/Chaves-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cshel86
For all the action and post-fight reactions to the Berto/Karass and Thurman/Chaves fights on Showtime tonight! Keep everything in this thread.
Cshel86
Why is Thurman/Chaves the first bout? Screw Figueroa...his fight is only gonna last 2 rounds tops. no2.gif
Cshel86
I forgot Chaves was an Argie. This should be good while it lasts...these freakin Argies are machines. Lol

Chaves already has a good jab and he's going for the gusto with that right hand of his. He's frozen Thurman a couple of times with the jab in the 1st.
Cshel86
Oooowee, Chaves looks like he dont give a fuuuck!!! Lol

No fear!
Cshel86
I gotta give the 1st to Chaves. Thurman looks like he's not used to a fighter giving it back to him. Chaves caught Thurman's attention midway through the 2nd with a right hand, and kept Thurman honest. Chaves is relaxed in there.
Cshel86
Chaves is working Thurman in the 3rd. I believe Thurman is letting his gaurd down when he tries to reset, and Chaves uses it as a chance to land on him...which he has been doing. On my card, Thurman hasn't won any of the 3 rounds. no2.gif

He's still game, but he needs to focus and not try to score the KO so soon.
mgrover
am here better late than never
jtiizzle
them dudes from argentina can punch! thurman getting beat up
leonthegee
Great fight so far. We are finding out about Thurman.
Cshel86
Thurman landed more in the 4th, so he gets that round. As Paulie mentioned, Keith had to work SO HARD to land those shots. Chaves took all of those shots, and was in Thurman's face, waiting for more. Chaves has some weird footwork, so the shots may appear to be hurting him, but its just his footwork, kinda like Kessler's.
Cshel86
Not much is going on in the 5th...seems like they're resting...or realizing that they have some hard work to do to get each other on the canvas. Lol
Cshel86
Nice round for Thurman, in the 6th. Not much went on, but he landed most of his shots and used his legs more.
Cshel86
NICE 7th round. Both guys landed some big shots, but Thurman landed more of them because he was busy earlier on. Now...those last 30 seconds of work from Chaves reminded Thurman why he needs to slow down and be more cautious. Those right hands and body work, kept Thurman honest for a second, but nonetheless, Thurman won the round.
mrchitown
This is a very good scrap, Chaves is a strong dude, I'm looking at some of the shots that Thurman is hitting him with and he's stunned and then he snaps out of it and whacks Thurman with some hard shots of his own. This body work that Chaves is doing may pay dividends late in this fight.....Thurman needs to work the jab more, I feel like he's hesitant at times to let his hands go
Cshel86
Not sure how to score the 8th. Both guys had some decent moments, but it looks as though Thurman is getting a bit more careless while looking for that KO. The only thing that's helping him here, is the fact that's he's busier.
Cshel86
Chavez goes down from a body shot in the 9th, left hand.

I dont see how nobody sees Thurman's getting caught while coming inside. Lol
Cshel86
Chaves is down again in the 10th, and its over.

PS: I hate Thurman or these shit-kicking Watson brothers. Just go away

laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 28 2013, 02:54 AM) *

PS: I hate Thurman

laugh.gif

why?lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 27 2013, 09:54 PM) *
why?lol

He's just too careless while looking for the KO. You missed the part of my post that edited, I also added those shit-kicking Watson brothers. They kill me with their camera-whoring nonsense. Lol
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 28 2013, 02:59 AM) *
He's just too careless while looking for the KO. You missed the part of my post that edited, I also added those shit-kicking Watson brothers. They kill me with their camera-whoring nonsense. Lol

I don't know, it's the first time he's had to change strategy and he did it take looking for that one punch
leonthegee
Chaves wasnt in shape. He came to fight but he wasnt the same after the early rounds.
HyyerBlaze
Cant stand listening to paulie talk.his voice....

Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 27 2013, 10:01 PM) *
I don't know, it's the first time he's had to change strategy and he did it take looking for that one punch

You're right, he did have to change the strategy, and he did pretty well. I just cant stand him sometimes, nothing major though. Lol

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jul 27 2013, 10:01 PM) *
Chaves wasnt in shape. He came to fight but he wasnt the same after the early rounds.

I dont think he was either. He came out swinging in those frst 4 rounds, then seemed to fizzle out. It's not like Thurman's body work was that great for the first 4 rounds.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2013, 08:54 PM) *

PS: I hate Thurman or these shit-kicking Watson brothers. Just go away

laugh.gif

"Thank You San Diegooo, I mean thank you San Antonio"

Damn idiot laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 27 2013, 10:08 PM) *
"Thank You San Diegooo, I mean thank you San Antonio"

Damn idiot laugh.gif

Right!

laugh.gif

Shit, I was about to start guessing what city they were. lol
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 28 2013, 03:05 AM) *
You're right, he did have to change the strategy, and he did pretty well. I just cant stand him sometimes, nothing major though. Lol

I dont think he was either. He came out swinging in those frst 4 rounds, then seemed to fizzle out. It's not like Thurman's body work was that great for the first 4 rounds.

Was it the "you better not duck me son" haha
Cshel86
This bullshit ass Figueroa fight should've been first no2.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 27 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Was it the "you better not duck me son" haha

Correct: "You better not "thuck" me son".

laugh.gif
mgrover
Someone will gas soon
Cheesey1
Hahah! Jim Gray asked Soto Karass if he was preparing for the worst version of Berto. Yes, Jim that's exactly how professional athletes think....
Cshel86
Man, I sped to the gas station for some condoms, just to come back and see this fight on. Not only that, but Fig's face looks like ground chuck. WTF???
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Hahah! Jim Gray asked Soto Karass if he was preparing for the worst version of Berto. Yes, Jim that's exactly how professional athletes think....

Jim's such a prick, lol.
Cshel86
So apparently, none of these rounds are for children no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:32 PM) *
Jim's such a prick, lol.

I think he looks at his bank account on a daily basis and laughs out loud at the fact he gets paid what he does to say the dumbest shit possible.
Cheesey1
Omar Figueroa's still young so maybe he can build on this. Although, there are still four rounds to go...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:37 PM) *
I think he looks at his bank account on a daily basis and laughs out loud at the fact he gets paid what he does to say the dumbest shit possible.

Wouldn't we all love his job? LOL
Cshel86
That was a NASTY 8th round, and I was almost sure that Arakawa was about to give up the ghost...

Too much pressure and volumes of punches from Fig, too much heart, guts, and shots from Arakawa. Baaad combination, which makes for a great slugfest.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:43 PM) *
That was a NASTY 8th round, and I was almost sure that Arakawa was about to give up the ghost...

Too much pressure and volumes of punches from Fig, too much heart, guts, and shots from Arakawa. Baaad combination, which makes for a great slugfest.

Not too much boxing though. Enjoyable fight, but the showtime guy calling it 'sensational' is a bit O.T.P.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:46 PM) *
Not too much boxing though. Enjoyable fight, but the showtime guy calling it 'sensational' is a bit O.T.P.

Yeah, "sensational" is pushing it, lol. Im still wondering how Arakawa is still standing and fighting back. no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:48 PM) *
Yeah, "sensational" is pushing it, lol. Im still wondering how Arakawa is still standing and fighting back. no2.gif

Yup.

Kevin Iole's retarded too.
Cheesey1
I didn't know that Berto joined 'the Undertaker's' camp. Cool.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2013, 09:31 PM) *
Man, I sped to the gas station for some condoms, just to come back and see this fight on. Not only that, but Fig's face looks like ground chuck. WTF???

thumbsup_anim.gif Get it Cshel
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 27 2013, 10:52 PM) *
thumbsup_anim.gif Get it Cshel

Oh yeah, bout to blow out a back tonight!!! (or get put through the mattress if Im not careful) cool.gif

On another note...what tha fuck is Arakawa made of??? This dude just wont go out...he's giving it to Fig in the 11th.
checkleft
Thank god these guys have gloves on
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:49 PM) *
Yup.

Kevin Iole's retarded too.

Correction: "Born" retard. Lol

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 27 2013, 10:51 PM) *
I didn't know that Berto joined 'the Undertaker's' camp. Cool.

Its like they tried to keep it as a rumor, but I was like damn, we know who the dude's opponent is, but who is his trainer? Lol
Cheesey1
That swelling on Arakawa's face is wild. He could've been a bastard and targeted the cut on Figueroa's nose. Steady jabs to the nose...
Cshel86
Ohhhhh...thought Fig was gonna go down for a sec in the 12th.

Man...I've never been so happy for the final bell to ring. no2.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2013, 09:54 PM) *
Oh yeah, bout to blow out a back tonight!!! (or get put through the mattress if Im not careful) cool.gif

On another note...what tha fuck is Arakawa made of??? This dude just wont go out...he's giving it to Fig in the 11th.

I would love to see him fight again, now if there was an fight that I would've banked on a knockout happening it would've been this one. but everytime Omar had him reeling he would just gut it out and come back, I think this fight was better then Thurman-Chaves
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 27 2013, 09:56 PM) *
Correction: "Born" retard. Lol

Its like they tried to keep it as a rumor, but I was like damn, we know who the dude's opponent is, but who is his trainer? Lol

I used to have a ton of respect for Iole, he used to be an actual journalist of the sport, and somewhere along the way that all changed
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 27 2013, 11:06 PM) *
I would love to see him fight again, now if there was an fight that I would've banked on a knockout happening it would've been this one. but everytime Omar had him reeling he would just gut it out and come back, I think this fight was better then Thurman-Chaves

I couldn't see how the hell he made it through.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 27 2013, 11:07 PM) *
I used to have a ton of respect for Iole, he used to be an actual journalist of the sport, and somewhere along the way that all changed

Probably when he got on his knees for Arum...we can start there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.