Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: andy ruiz jr
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
daprofessor
i thought this was a significant win for the kid. i think he's going to make noise in the heavyweight division. this was a battle of two unbeaten prospects. ruiz handled hanks fairly easily.
flazi
i am really liking this kid. he set up the ko well. sneaky body puncher and has good defense. he has a bright future and its time to start really promoting this kid.
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 31 2013, 04:39 PM) *
i am really liking this kid. he set up the ko well. sneaky body puncher and has good defense. he has a bright future and its time to start really promoting this kid.

i tuned into hbo thinking they would televise this one....it's not everyday you have 2 undefeated american prospects facing one another....and hbo thoroughly disappointed me. it was good to hear big george....but they had larry merchant back on their airwaves. i couldn't listen so i ended up fast forwarding through the whole card. then i found out they aired it on the spanish channel!!! i had to catch it on youtube.
mrchitown
I like both Hanks and Ruiz, though I'm still not sold on both. Ruiz gets credit, he took the fight, Hanks should've tried to control the pace of the fight, dude is fat, he should've made his big ass work instead of sitting back. Those rights by Ruiz were nice but damn does he throw them amateurishly at times...in today's HW landscape I expect him to make noise, hopefully he keeps improving
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 31 2013, 09:54 PM) *
I like both Hanks and Ruiz, though I'm still not sold on both. Ruiz gets credit, he took the fight, Hanks should've tried to control the pace of the fight, dude is fat, he should've made his big ass work instead of sitting back. Those rights by Ruiz were nice but damn does he throw them amateurishly at times...in today's HW landscape I expect him to make noise, hopefully he keeps improving

he's not fat...he's big boned. husky if u will... laugh.gif

i've seen this kid in the gym. everyone is fooled by his size but i can tell you first hand, this dude works hard!!! he'll spar plenty of rounds and keeps a good pace throughout. when i saw him fight at home depot...he fought a dude that was jacked, undefeated and looked to be in superb shape. he outworked him and eventually stopped him. for a dude carrying extra weight....he sure doesn't fight like it.

you think the right looks amateurish? i kind of like that he throws it several ways and they all seem to hurt.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 31 2013, 09:20 PM) *
he's not fat...he's big boned. husky if u will... laugh.gif

i've seen this kid in the gym. everyone is fooled by his size but i can tell you first hand, this dude works hard!!! he'll spar plenty of rounds and keeps a good pace throughout. when i saw him fight at home depot...he fought a dude that was jacked, undefeated and looked to be in superb shape. he outworked him and eventually stopped him. for a dude carrying extra weight....he sure doesn't fight like it.

you think the right looks amateurish? i kind of like that he throws it several ways and they all seem to hurt.

I think he knew he was in control of the fight and at times he got a bit sloppy with it but make no mistake about it, there was only one ending to this fight and it was Ruiz by KO, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him

You say he's good and I trust your view on it, plus I've been hearing stuff about him from some locals, I've never seen him fight until I checked him out earlier this year, I seen more of hanks then him but if he keeps working and winning he can be a force. TBH its some good match ups to be made in the heavyweight division
Cshel86
No more Ruizes...PLEASE! drag.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 1 2013, 01:01 AM) *
I think he knew he was in control of the fight and at times he got a bit sloppy with it but make no mistake about it, there was only one ending to this fight and it was Ruiz by KO, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him

You say he's good and I trust your view on it, plus I've been hearing stuff about him from some locals, I've never seen him fight until I checked him out earlier this year, I seen more of hanks then him but if he keeps working and winning he can be a force. TBH its some good match ups to be made in the heavyweight division

i've seen both in the amateurs. hanks was part of the all american heavyweight program out here in cali.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 10:47 AM) *
No more Ruizes...PLEASE! drag.gif

laugh.gif

truth be told. i am a john ruiz fan.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 02:22 PM) *
laugh.gif

I remember you mentioning that...have you no SHAME?

laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 01:22 PM) *
laugh.gif

Eww

But much respect that must have been tough to admit lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 02:50 PM) *
I remember you mentioning that...have you no SHAME?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Eww

But much respect that must have been tough to admit lol

laugh.gif

not at all. i shot him a message on fb to let him know i was a big fan...i think he thought i was bullshitting. laugh.gif

john ruiz is an over acheiver in boxing. he wasn't the fastest, strongest, slickest or any of that. he got knocked the fuck out by david tua in like 40 seconds or some shit like that. that should have been the end of john ruiz. we should have never heard his name afterwards. but instead this dude went on to become the first latino heavy weight champion ever. he beat evander holyfield!!! much more convincing than lennox lewis did. he was robbed against valuev. his losses to toney and jones are respectable. those dudes are hof'ers. he should have lost to a lot of guys but he always found a way to win. i couldn't understand why he was making holyfield look so bad....or how or why he wasn't ever called for holding...this dude was crafty. his herky jerky style wasn't the most crowd pleasing....but he had a way of slowing down fights and taking guys who usually look real good and making them freeze or look like shit. he'd lure opponents into the trenches and turn the fights into ugly grueling/mauling affairs where he got the best of his opponents for the most part. i believe he was robbed of his opportunity to shine when lennox lewis opted to vacate his belt instead of fighting ruiz. lewis and ruiz had been stable mates who sparred each other regularly. the word was that ruiz used to tax lennox's ass in the gym, that's why emmanuel steward wouldn't allow the fight to happen. steward has also stated publicly that he thought lewis could never look good against ruiz which is why they chose to fight michael grant instead. i don't care what anyone says...i like the dude.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 05:17 PM) *
laugh.gif

not at all. i shot him a message on fb to let him know i was a big fan...i think he thought i was bullshitting. laugh.gif

john ruiz is an over acheiver in boxing. he wasn't the fastest, strongest, slickest or any of that. he got knocked the fuck out by david tua in like 40 seconds or some shit like that. that should have been the end of john ruiz. we should have never heard his name afterwards. but instead this dude went on to become the first latino heavy weight champion ever. he beat evander holyfield!!! much more convincing than lennox lewis did. he was robbed against valuev. his losses to toney and jones are respectable. those dudes are hof'ers. he should have lost to a lot of guys but he always found a way to win. i couldn't understand why he was making holyfield look so bad....or how or why he wasn't ever called for holding...this dude was crafty. his herky jerky style wasn't the most crowd pleasing....but he had a way of slowing down fights and taking guys who usually look real good and making them freeze or look like shit. he'd lure opponents into the trenches and turn the fights into ugly grueling/mauling affairs where he got the best of his opponents for the most part. i believe he was robbed of his opportunity to shine when lennox lewis opted to vacate his belt instead of fighting ruiz. lewis and ruiz had been stable mates who sparred each other regularly. the word was that ruiz used to tax lennox's ass in the gym, that's why emmanuel steward wouldn't allow the fight to happen. steward has also stated publicly that he thought lewis could never look good against ruiz which is why they chose to fight michael grant instead. i don't care what anyone says...i like the dude.

I'm sorry after reading that it was hard to get through the rest of your post! Hahaha

But you make some valid points
daprofessor
of these top 10 heavyweights....who can ruiz beat???

Wladimir Klitschko

Vitali Klitschko WBC
Record: 45-2-0 (41 KOs)

Alexander Povetkin
Record: 26-0-0 (18 KOs)

David Haye
Record: 26-2-0 (24 KOs)

Kubrat Pulev
Record: 17-0-0 (9 KOs)

Tomasz Adamek
Record: 49-2-0 (29 KOs)

Ruslan Chagaev
Record: 31-2-1 (20 KOs)

Robert Helenius
Record: 19-0-0 (11 KOs)

Tyson Fury
Record: 21-0-0 (15 KOs)

Tony Thompson
Record: 38-3-0 (26 KOs)

Bermane Stiverne
Record: 23-1-1 (20 KOs)
mrchitown
He could probably beat Pulev, Chagaev, maybe Povetkin. His performances in the ring have been crap since they disrespected Atlas. Him and Adamek would be good, so would him and Stiverne those 2 are toss ups but I can't imagine him besting the rest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.