Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Article About The Impact of Boxing on TV
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
From Yahoo Sports:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--nbc-t...-170438192.html

Jack
daprofessor
i was excited about boxing being back on network television/nbc but to be honest....main events is fucking it up by repeatedly trying to force adamek down our throats. i like the dude. he was really good at 175...but lately he's been looking like shit...and they keep giving him gift after gift....and now we get to see him fight a dude who i thought retired a long time ago, dominic guinn. the rest of the card looks ok. i'm still happy that it's back on network television but main events needs to cut the bullshit.
mrchitown
Peeped that the other day, surprised it came from that hack Iole. but it was a good article nonetheless. He raised some great points on how fighting on premium cable really limits your fan base. I'm glad he spotlighted what Kathy Duva is doing with main events and the nbc sports network, I think other media outlets like CBD and ABC should take heed. Could you imagine ABC back in the boxing business, it would be great.

It will definitely take some time but there needs to be a change in the way boxing is consumed by the public, I think what Duva is doing is really going to pay off in the long run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.