Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is broner getting a lit... okay way ahead of himself?? Nov. 9th PPV card, possibly?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-btch-mai...hysse-up--68247

I mean this guy didn't even look good against paulie, not discrediting paulie at all, but I thought their fight should have been a draw.

I understand maidana and Lucas are way different than paulie but broner can be hit and these are the two guys at 140-147 you don't want to get hit by. I honestly don't even know if he gets past maidana so he should probably just focus on his fight

I also could see him trying to distract Lucas, its no secret him and Danny are friends. Maybe he's trying to help his buddy out
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2013, 08:06 PM) *

I mean this guy didn't even look good against paulie, not discrediting paulie at all, but I thought their fight should have been a draw.

I understand maidana and Lucas are way different than paulie but broner can be hit and these are the two guys at 140-147 you don't want to get hit by. I honestly don't even know if he gets past maidana so he should probably just focus on his fight

I also could see him trying to distract Lucas, its no secret him and Danny are friends. Maybe he's trying to help his buddy out

I'm just happy that somebody's at least willing to step up and say that they're willing to fight these dudes and kick their asses. Now, whether he can pull it off, is another story. As of late, it seems like nobody really wants any parts of Maidana, and I dont see anybody calling him, like they used to do back in the days.

Maybe Broner is trying to distract Matthysse, so Danny can have the edge...good observation Check. I've noticed that Angel hasn't said much, so maybe this is part of the plan, so to speak. I think he gets past Maidana, since their are so many ways to beat him, but Lucas is another story.
daprofessor
maidana and matthysse are made to order for broners style. they are face forward...leaning heavily on the front foot...not very defensive. broner is going to have his way with either. i don't know that matthysse is getting past garcia...so calling him out now may be pointless.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 08:26 PM) *
I'm just happy that somebody's at least willing to step up and say that they're willing to fight these dudes and kick their asses. Now, whether he can pull it off, is another story. As of late, it seems like nobody really wants any parts of Maidana, and I dont see anybody calling him, like they used to do back in the days.

Maybe Broner is trying to distract Matthysse, so Danny can have the edge...good observation Check. I've noticed that Angel hasn't said much, so maybe this is part of the plan, so to speak. I think he gets past Maidana, since their are so many ways to beat him, but Lucas is another story.

he said danny is going to stop matthysse in 4 or 5 rounds and that it'll be the easiest fight of danny's career. that's big talk. laugh.gif

i think broner calling them both out is good. his performance against malignaggi wasn't the best....but let's be honest, not very many people look good against malignaggi.
bnoles4life
I like Broner against Maidana....I know it's the wildly unpopular pick by many on these boards, but hey, it is what it is. I think Maidana's willingness to get hit, in order to trade, coupled w/ the fact he doesn't take SHIT to the body well gives Broner a very sizable advantage. Let's not forget, if Broner uses his legs, he can make Maidana look pedestrian.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 09:19 PM) *
he said danny is going to stop matthysse in 4 or 5 rounds and that it'll be the easiest fight of danny's career. that's big talk. laugh.gif

i think broner calling them both out is good. his performance against malignaggi wasn't the best....but let's be honest, not very many people look good against malignaggi.

I said this in the previous "Broner bashing" thread we had here not long ago. Ha ha. NO ONE looks good against Paulie (sans Amir & Hatton) and no one has put him to sleep....not even a prime Cotto. Now, Danny getting rid of Matthysee w/n 5 rounds??? Naw...we don't believe you, you need more people.
mrchitown
It's better then p*ssy footing around the topic, at least he's willing to get in the ring with them and fight. I don't see what the issue is with Broner and his comments, I think some fans are blinded by their jealousy of the kid, Maidana will be a tough fight for him, but the guy is weak as f*ck to the body. Broner can and probably will bang that drum to victory. Now him and Matthyse would be another story. I see skill and special talent in Broner, his only flaws is his attitude outside the ring. But some seem to criticize him for every little thing..who else is calling out Maidana and Matthyse? I give him props for that
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 1 2013, 08:38 PM) *
I said this in the previous "Broner bashing" thread we had here not long ago. Ha ha. NO ONE looks good against Paulie (sans Amir & Hatton) and no one has put him to sleep....not even a prime Cotto. Now, Danny getting rid of Matthysee w/n 5 rounds??? Naw...we don't believe you, you need more people.

Cotto looked outstanding against paulie but he was a different animal than broner.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 04:26 PM) *

Adrien hasn't signed the contract yet. So all his talking is just that, talking. Didn't he say he would knock Paulie out as well? Broner is making a lot of enemies. He should fight Thurman for his belt. Now that would be news worthy. Two undefeated fighters.
mgrover
there's a big difference between calling someone out and signing the motherfucking contract. Plus he's calling out a guy that already has a date...
leonthegee
Maidana cant fight on the inside and he cant take it to the body. One thing about Broner is he's small and compact. Hard to hit flush especially on the inside. Paulie with his hand speed and ability to move can give Broner a better fight than Maidana.
jordanbstopps
Broner is making every wrong decision in flushing money down the toilet, and calling it 'Entertainment'. However good he is he doesn't deserve any fans or any respect as a human being.
leonthegee
QUOTE (jordanbstopps @ Aug 2 2013, 05:53 AM) *
Broner is making every wrong decision in flushing money down the toilet, and calling it 'Entertainment'. However good he is he doesn't deserve any fans or any respect as a human being.

Wrond decision how? Hes got the highest rated fight on either network. And thats fighting Paulie who alot of people thought was a cherry pick fight. Totally crushed Canelo vs Trout which had all the hype. And was a week before Floyds fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 2 2013, 01:53 AM) *
Adrien hasn't signed the contract yet. So all his talking is just that, talking. Didn't he say he would knock Paulie out as well? Broner is making a lot of enemies. He should fight Thurman for his belt. Now that would be news worthy. Two undefeated fighters.

Isn't this a step towards something happening? From what I understand, the details are still being ironed out with this Maidana/Broner fight.

I just dont understand the whole butthurt stuff from fans, when the guy is calling them out. He was fighting nobodies not too long ago, and now he calls fighters who appear to be a threat, and guys whine about it? C'mon man.

Who doesn't call out another fighter, when that fighter already has a date set? You know how that goes...one guy will say that the other guy ducked him to fight a softer touch. I still dont understand the whole "a contract hasn't been signed" argument.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 2 2013, 08:38 AM) *
Isn't this a step towards something happening? From what I understand, the details are still being ironed out with this Maidana/Broner fight.

I just dont understand the whole butthurt stuff from fans, when the guy is calling them out. He was fighting nobodies not too long ago, and now he calls fighters who appear to be a threat, and guys whine about it? C'mon man.

Who doesn't call out another fighter, when that fighter already has a date set? You know how that goes...one guy will say that the other guy ducked him to fight a softer touch. I still dont understand the whole "a contract hasn't been signed" argument.

In another article Maidana told Adrien to sign the contract. Yes he is calling out Maidana and Matthysse, and that is big ups to him because he doesn't have to. I am going by an article that Maidana said (boxingscene.com has it) and Maidana straight up told Broner if he wants the fight sign the contract that has been written up.

So I take this as Adrien during one or two things, the first, he is either trying to save face by saying this statement, or he is figuring out who will be more lucrative and available in the coming months. If he gets the Marcos fight sometime in November that would be cool. Again, Thurman called him out to fight at 147, that would be interesting. I am not hating on Broner calling anyone out, but if Marcos is telling him to sign the contract and he is just saying I will fuck you up, then it is all talk. Now, we know how contracts and negotiations work. So who knows? But if there was a contract written up and Marcos agreed in terms to it and Broner hasn't signed the fight then can we safely say that Broner is talking shit for the sake of talking shit?
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 1 2013, 09:38 PM) *

if danny can place one of those shots...matthysse is going to knock himself out.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 2 2013, 04:16 AM) *
there's a big difference between calling someone out and signing the motherfucking contract. Plus he's calling out a guy that already has a date...

kind of reminds me of amir khan with bradley. good point.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 2 2013, 12:38 PM) *

it's very reminiscent of oscar delahoya...and how he always used to throw out trinidads name to get people excited...then he'd turn around and fight some dude like charpentier or castillejo. it's just name dropping.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 2 2013, 05:38 PM) *

basically it means am going to call out Mayweather and you know there isn't a chance of the fight happening because he's already fighting Canelo...cause that's the only reason haha
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 2 2013, 12:38 PM) *

THIS. It's not fashionable to give Broner ANY credit.
checkleft
Look I didn't mean to get the broner stans panties in a bunch, I'm simply saying he's calling out a guy who he can't fight because he already has a fight against Garcia when he hasn't even signed the contract to fight the guy who's ass he is supposedly gonna kick first lol. That's not getting ahead of himself?

Broner is a talented kid but he's turning into the US David haye or even worse (gulp) tyson fury
Col Reb
While he's incredibly immature, he's incredibly talented and a great heel. I give him credit for being willing to take on the challenges. That being said, if he fights 147 I want to see him fight a slick guy like Devon Alexander to see how he handles it. Crawford and Gamboa would be fun to watch, as well as a titlist at 140. While he can make 135-147, I say cherry pick the best fights in the lighter classes and dominate before becoming a full-time welterweight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 3 2013, 02:41 AM) *
Look I didn't mean to get the broner stans panties in a bunch, I'm simply saying he's calling out a guy who he can't fight because he already has a fight against Garcia when he hasn't even signed the contract to fight the guy who's ass he is supposedly gonna kick first lol. That's not getting ahead of himself?

Broner is a talented kid but he's turning into the US David haye or even worse (gulp) tyson fury

LMBO!!!!
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 2 2013, 11:41 PM) *

^^^ That is what I said in my original statement on this thread. You can't talk to shit to a guy who A: already has signed the contract and is waiting on you to sign it B: has a fight coming up C: who has proven more in the boxing ring then you have.

You can't do those things. I am not hating against Broner. I think he is very talented (he relies too much on his talent in the ring for my liking) but his bravado and his mouth is going to get him into trouble. His antics are over the top and uncalled for. I think he should tone his shit down and dedicate 10000% to his craft.

Good post Check
Cshel86
I'm laughing at how guys are saying that Broner is just blowing smoke up our asses, about fighting these two guys. It appeared that almost every fight that Broner was told was on his radar, pretty much happened. Not saying that they were all stellar opponents, but let's be honest, most people didn't even know if they DeMarco fight was gonna happen.

As for Maidana, he "appears" to be a guy that doesn't care who he fights, and he often takes chump change for fights anyway. Regardless of what he or his team says about "we've already signed our contracts", that aint always the case. He and his team aren't that damn crazy...

I say that they aren't crazy because Maidana has the will power to pull through in tough fights and come out with the 'W', but his team got tired, and wanted him to "win" in this sport..."win" as in take the best fights for the sake of his pockets and recognition.

Anybody remember when Maidana was supposed to fight Bradley years ago, on a couple of occasions? Funny how those back "injuries" and that "missed" flight, seemed to ruin things (read: save Maidana).

Let's not forget how Maidana's team had already cherry picked Keith Thurman as a "stay busy" fight for Marcos last summer. Uh huh...yeah...aaaand what happened? Riiiight...say it with me...Jesus Soto-Karass happened, because they found exactly who Keith Thurman was.

Instead, Maidana took more chump change to fight JSK. Not saying that he wouldn't have made that same chump change to fight Thurman, but it's always better to take a lower risk fight, especially if you're already pretty much getting bent over (financially) for your troubles. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 5 2013, 12:40 PM) *
I'm laughing at how guys are saying that Broner is just blowing smoke up our asses, about fighting these two guys. It appeared that almost every fight that Broner was told was on his radar, pretty much happened. Not saying that they were all stellar opponents, but let's be honest, most people didn't even know if they DeMarco fight was gonna happen.

As for Maidana, he "appears" to be a guy that doesn't care who he fights, and he often takes chump change for fights anyway. Regardless of what he or his team says about "we've already signed our contracts", that aint always the case. He and his team aren't that damn crazy...

I say that they aren't crazy because Maidana has the will power to pull through in tough fights and come out with the 'W', but his team got tired, and wanted him to "win" in this sport..."win" as in take the best fights for the sake of his pockets and recognition.

Anybody remember when Maidana was supposed to fight Bradley years ago, on a couple of occasions? Funny how those back "injuries" and that "missed" flight, seemed to ruin things (read: save Maidana).

Let's not forget how Maidana's team had already cherry picked Keith Thurman as a "stay busy" fight for Marcos last summer. Uh huh...yeah...aaaand what happened? Riiiight...say it with me...Jesus Soto-Karass happened, because they found exactly who Keith Thurman was.

Instead, Maidana took more chump change to fight JSK. Not saying that he wouldn't have made that same chump change to fight Thurman, but it's always better to take a lower risk fight, especially if you're already pretty much getting bent over (financially) for your troubles. Lol

So you are saying that Maidana is bullshitting on the fight and Broner? I can see that but who know what the hell is happening. All I know is that I do not get CBS because Time Warner is being a bitch! I swear they better get this shit fixed before August 29th, college football kicks off and the pros start that week.

I guess we will wait and see. I just hope both men are in the ring with each other soon. If not each other than Thurman deserves a shot at Broner.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 04:39 PM) *
So you are saying that Maidana is bullshitting on the fight and Broner? I can see that but who know what the hell is happening. All I know is that I do not get CBS because Time Warner is being a bitch! I swear they better get this shit fixed before August 29th, college football kicks off and the pros start that week.

I guess we will wait and see. I just hope both men are in the ring with each other soon. If not each other than Thurman deserves a shot at Broner.

You asked a question with your first sentence, then answered it in your second sentence. laugh.gif

That pretty much sums it up. It "appears" that Maidana doesn't care who he fights, but again, we'll never know. Im not saying that he ducked Bradley and Thurman, he just may have "done the best thing for his career", which most nitwits equate to a "duck" anyway, lol.

What's going on with CBS and Time Warner? I have a new woman now, and yall know how the honeymoon stage is...you tend to live in another world, other than the one that you work and pay bills in, lol. Somebody please fill in the guy with the new woman...he knows not what he does. laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 5 2013, 12:58 PM) *
You asked a question with your first sentence, then answered it in your second sentence. laugh.gif

That pretty much sums it up. It "appears" that Maidana doesn't care who he fights, but again, we'll never know. Im not saying that he ducked Bradley and Thurman, he just may have "done the best thing for his career", which most nitwits equate to a "duck" anyway, lol.

What's going on with CBS and Time Warner? I have a new woman now, and yall know how the honeymoon stage is...you tend to live in another world, other than the one that you work and pay bills in, lol. Somebody please fill in the guy with the new woman...he knows not what he does. laugh.gif

That is the best stage!!!

Time Warner is not airing CBS to Los Angeles, Dallas, and some other city. Which is bullshit. They want CBS to lower their prices. Dish Network took away NBC in Alabama and other areas. They decided to do this shit at the start of football season and a big boxing promotion! I will not be seeing promos from Mayweather and Canelo or any thing that has to do with CBS. This is beyond bullshit! I hate capitalism sometimes.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 06:45 PM) *

Time Warner is not airing CBS to Los Angeles, Dallas, and some other city. Which is bullshit. They want CBS to lower their prices. Dish Network took away NBC in Alabama and other areas. They decided to do this shit at the start of football season and a big boxing promotion! I will not be seeing promos from Mayweather and Canelo or any thing that has to do with CBS. This is beyond bullshit! I hate capitalism sometimes.

Shit reminds me of the Viacom situation last year, it'll work itself out eventually. In the meantime, I dont wanna see banners scrolling across my television, because two companies cant get along. Lol
Kratza
To be honest I think most fighters do this even Floyd before the Cotto and Ortiz fights stated Pacquiao was next although there is a big difference in the skill level between Floyd and Broner it is still kind of overlooking the opponent
MAHDI
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 06:45 PM) *

I live in Forte Green Brooklyn.. .I had the total package Showtime included.. Showtime was taken out of the programming... no more Showtime...
mrchitown
I love how BHop broke it down, real mature response to the way Broner carries himself

http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-on-cont...n-broner--68440

If the fight comes off I hope they don't put it on PPV

http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-maidana-...time-ppv--68449
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 8 2013, 10:08 PM) *
I love how BHop broke it down, real mature response to the way Broner carries himself

broner is not ppv material yet.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 9 2013, 02:07 AM) *

Compared to who? Aside from Manny, Floyd, and Cotto...who else?

All of these new age fighters and guys on the b-side, are horrible nowadays. Most of them "just want to fight", which doesn't always mean "buys" and/or "views". As ignorant as Broner acts, we need more guys to draw attention to the sport. NOW...they TYPE of attention that he brings, isn't much to brag about, but it's still attention nonetheless.

I'm not saying that he's PPV material, but he's a lot closer than most of these guys will ever be. These other guys should see his antics, be ashamed, and want to step their game up...sadly, that isn't the case. Those same guys will cry about "not caring for all of the camera attention" and "just wanting to fight", but they get upset at guys like Broner, whose trying to sell himself.

On top of that, they want BIG paydays, but the only way to get that, is to be known...which most of them could care less about, since they dont care for the cameras. Instead, they'd rather settle for begging to fight the top guys (read: most marketable fighters), and ride off of their success (in the event that they win).

We all see what Shane did back in the days. Beating these top guys, doesn't always equate to "super stardom" (read: huge paydays in the future). Shane beat a prime Oscar, but never reached his full potential as a boxing star. Years down the line, his career was coming to a close (as he knew), and what happened? We had to deal with the agony of him whoring for big paydays and stinking up the joint.

Floyd and Manny did it differently. Manny's fighting style, nationality, and team, took him a LONG way. Floyd on the other hand, had to drop the nice guy role, be the villain, and earn his big payday. Afterwards, he kept the jackass momentum going.

Again, some guys aren't built for the big stage (PPV), but who said that it couldn't be forced? It's not like guys aren't already getting shafted in the sport anyway. As a fighter, guys need to get outside of themselves and go for the gold, one step at a time, even if it means that people will hate their antics in the long run.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 8 2013, 06:08 PM) *

I saw this. I thought about DMX the way he was talking. I wonder what is the relationship between Floyd and BHop. He didn't really give his take on the fight. Like who would win. I loved how he mentioned how people mature when they age. I think Broner if he doesn't fuck himself over will eventually realize that the coon act gets old. Can i use the word coon?
checkleft
Maidana fight getting looked at for November. This has to be one of the better years in boxing in a while
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 9 2013, 01:07 AM) *

Neither was Bradley and definitely neither was Robert the nobody Guerrero. He's more ready then anyone GB's roster to take that leap and probably out of all the new generation guys he's going to be doing some numbers on the PPV level
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 9 2013, 12:23 PM) *
I saw this. I thought about DMX the way he was talking. I wonder what is the relationship between Floyd and BHop. He didn't really give his take on the fight. Like who would win. I loved how he mentioned how people mature when they age. I think Broner if he doesn't fuck himself over will eventually realize that the coon act gets old. Can i use the word coon?

I'm not going to touch the c word, I've said my peace on people using that word.

Hopkins was right, maturity comes with age,...sometimes
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 9 2013, 11:30 AM) *
Compared to who? Aside from Manny, Floyd, and Cotto...who else?

All of these new age fighters and guys on the b-side, are horrible nowadays. Most of them "just want to fight", which doesn't always mean "buys" and/or "views". As ignorant as Broner acts, we need more guys to draw attention to the sport. NOW...they TYPE of attention that he brings, isn't much to brag about, but it's still attention nonetheless.

I'm not saying that he's PPV material, but he's a lot closer than most of these guys will ever be. These other guys should see his antics, be ashamed, and want to step their game up...sadly, that isn't the case. Those same guys will cry about "not caring for all of the camera attention" and "just wanting to fight", but they get upset at guys like Broner, whose trying to sell himself.

On top of that, they want BIG paydays, but the only way to get that, is to be known...which most of them could care less about, since they dont care for the cameras. Instead, they'd rather settle for begging to fight the top guys (read: most marketable fighters), and ride off of their success (in the event that they win).

We all see what Shane did back in the days. Beating these top guys, doesn't always equate to "super stardom" (read: huge paydays in the future). Shane beat a prime Oscar, but never reached his full potential as a boxing star. Years down the line, his career was coming to a close (as he knew), and what happened? We had to deal with the agony of him whoring for big paydays and stinking up the joint.

Floyd and Manny did it differently. Manny's fighting style, nationality, and team, took him a LONG way. Floyd on the other hand, had to drop the nice guy role, be the villain, and earn his big payday. Afterwards, he kept the jackass momentum going.

Again, some guys aren't built for the big stage (PPV), but who said that it couldn't be forced? It's not like guys aren't already getting shafted in the sport anyway. As a fighter, guys need to get outside of themselves and go for the gold, one step at a time, even if it means that people will hate their antics in the long run.

floyd blazed a serious trail on his way to becoming fighter of the year in '98....and he beat some great opposition after as well....but he didn't headline a ppv until he fought who? gatti? or was it dlh?

cotto was on a few of arums side show ppv's...he fought malignaggi on ppv...but that was because the networks didn't want to buy the fight. arum put it on his own toprank ppv.

manny blazed a serious trail fighting guys like erik morales, barerra and jmm. that qualifies him for ppv.

broner hasn't had a signature win yet. let the man get some accomplishment first. in all honesty...i would skip his fights and wait til the next week to catch them on regular cable. it's not because i don't enjoy his style of fighting...because i do. it's because i can't support his ignorance. he really shouldn't be promoted that way either. someone needs to reel him in. unfortunately...that's not going to happen. it's like watching a car wreck. i'm cool. i don't want those images stuck in my head.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 9 2013, 03:35 PM) *
floyd blazed a serious trail on his way to becoming fighter of the year in '98....and he beat some great opposition after as well....but he didn't headline a ppv until he fought who? gatti? or was it dlh?

cotto was on a few of arums side show ppv's...he fought malignaggi on ppv...but that was because the networks didn't want to buy the fight. arum put it on his own toprank ppv.

manny blazed a serious trail fighting guys like erik morales, barerra and jmm. that qualifies him for ppv.

broner hasn't had a signature win yet. let the man get some accomplishment first. in all honesty...i would skip his fights and wait til the next week to catch them on regular cable. it's not because i don't enjoy his style of fighting...because i do. it's because i can't support his ignorance. he really shouldn't be promoted that way either. someone needs to reel him in. unfortunately...that's not going to happen. it's like watching a car wreck. i'm cool. i don't want those images stuck in my head.

I can agree to an extent.

I mean seriously, outside of serious boxing fans, who really cared about Floyd's trail of wins? As far as the public was concerned, he was just Mayweather Jr., a small guy fighting guys that no one knew of, while there were other pressing matters out there...like the WW division...Oscar, Shane, Trinidad, and a few others. Gatti was his first PPV headliner.

No matter how dominant he was in the Gatti fight, no one really followed him afterwards, until the Oscar fight was signed and 24/7 hit the airwaves. He didn't become relevant, until he became a world renowned imbecile...perfect promotion!

Cotto was being built since day one...so it seems. No argument there. Manny on the other hand...his string of big fights came at the right time. He happened to be matched against guys that had fans...Morales and Barrera. Not only that, but those fights were interesting, because not many gave him a chance to win those.

Trust me, we're in the same boat when it comes to not supporting Broner's antics. Let's face it though...ignorance is the new entertainment. If people are falling out about Love & Hip Hop, then shit, I'll at least secretly support the ignorance of the sport that I love. Lol

All I hear about is this ignorant fool who has a big mouth and fights like Floyd....sounds like a somewhat decent step into the public eye. I still cringe at the thought of it, but damn, I dont know. i guess people support ignorance because its entertaining at times, and they'd much rather enjoy someone else making an ass of themselves. Lol
mrchitown
Did yall see my boy Broner spittin them real rhymes on Shobox....Bandcamp!!! laugh.gif
mrchitown
Broner is a clown, no doubt but I think the assessment on him at times is unfair. I don't know the guy personally, I just like his ring skills. Dolimite called him a coon and Professor called him ignorant. But he supported the same idiot in Robert Guerrero who has said and probably still will say some of the dumbest shit in recent memory. Sure, he doesn't take it to the extreme like a Broner but he's ignorant too. He and his father for that matter. For a religious guy Robert sure does have some graphic thoughts running thru his head and let's not talk about the dimwit father Reuben

And before we call people coons and ignorant, ask yourself what you are doing to put a end to the minstrel show that you allege is going on. I'll tell you who I think is ignorant..Sam Watson and his sons. I'm looking at these clowns and their rocking world star hip hop shirts. That site is not hip hop at all, that shit sets us back decades. All it is is a bunch of rathcet hoes fighting and bum dudes who can't throw a proper punch go at it. Who would say something to them about this? Who's going to do anything about the many sellout's in entertainment not just sports?

It's like when guys sleep with women who've been a few laps around the track. They call her a hoe but don't see themselves as one. If you bang a hoe you a hoe too. So if you feel like he's ignorant(professor) what does that make you? If you feel like he's a coon(dolimite) what does that make you? I'd never support any organization or an individual who I felt was the way you guys describe. I ain't with all that reality show love and hip hop bullshit. I know what the agenda is with that, the same way I don't support world star. That's cooning, if you feel that way then you shouldn't watch because your just as big an embarrassment as you say he is
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2013, 11:04 PM) *
Did yall see my boy Broner spittin them real rhymes on Shobox....Bandcamp!!! laugh.gif

Man that dude spit some fire about fucking up Matthysse and Maidana, when they spoke to him after the fight. C'mon Chi, cut that band camp nonsense. I wont lie, that song of his a guilty pleasure.

laugh.gif

Now it's time to see Wilder's country ass fight. Smh
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 9 2013, 10:27 PM) *
Man that dude spit some fire about fucking up Matthysse and Maidana, when they spoke to him after the fight. C'mon Chi, cut that band camp nonsense. I wont lie, that song of his a guilty pleasure.

laugh.gif

Now it's time to see Wilder's country ass fight. Smh

Ok, I will give the bandcamp stuff a rest, I almost got beat down at the gym for saying that. If I was Broner or anyone around him I'd get somebody in there too help him out. I see alot of heat coming his way. Talking to boxers here and fight fans, they despise him

Ain't been home bout 2 days/I'm tied then a muthafucka, shoelace

Wooooo, C'mon man, he's spitting some good shit right there laugh.gif
mrchitown
Russel just fought off tv, that's sad for a prospect like him but I'm glad, sick of these TBA's and Wilder needs to get rounds under his belt. His next fight should do just that because no way I see him blitzing the winner of Arreola-Mitchell

Broner is game, I'll give him that, he don't care..he's going to take some L's in his career but at least he's willing to lace up and take on these top level fighters, that interview with Farhood was funny, but he need to chill on all that cussin'
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2013, 07:06 PM) *

I think he's just throwing hype out there to get his name out there sorta the same way Manny does whenever he fights anyone notice how he/Roach/Arum will bring up Floyd just to keep Pacquiao's name relevant. I'm sure LM puts AB to sleep because as you stated he does get hit too much and IMHO I feel as though he did lose that fight to PM. I really don't like the kid (AB) he's a Floyd wannabe but doesn't hardly compare to Money at all.

Maybe both Maidana and LM does us a favor and breaks his jaw.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2013, 07:04 PM) *

Bandcamp? Yeah okay. I don't get Broner. But he is selling himself and he needs to make money while he can, so I can't hate on that.

The Watson twins supporting WSHH is a joke. I hate that site and to be honest, WSHH does nothing for boxing. And why the hell do we have to always see Sam and his sons? What the hell! what is their roll exactly.

I caught the fight on U-Stream because I do not get Showtime or CBS (fuck you Time Warner) I am cutting my ties with Time Warner and getting dish. Ridiculous. I dropped my Dish for Time Warner recently and I want to kick myself in the nuts. Next Tuesday I will have CBS and Showtime!

Jarmell Charlo (love this kid and his brother) boxed beautifully. Showed composure in the ring and saw his opening and went for it, great fight.

Bennet vs. Vargas= the way Bennett was standing I thought he was going to ask Vargas for a cigarette. Bennett scared, Vargas pressure was incredible. You think with the cut over his eye Bennett would of been on the offensive, he didn't have enough fire power to really hurt Vargas. Defense would of helped Bennett in that fight. Good performance by Vargas.

Dontay Wilder= DAMN!I mean damn.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 10 2013, 06:22 PM) *
Bandcamp? Yeah okay. I don't get Broner. But he is selling himself and he needs to make money while he can, so I can't hate on that.

The Watson twins supporting WSHH is a joke. I hate that site and to be honest, WSHH does nothing for boxing. And why the hell do we have to always see Sam and his sons? What the hell! what is their roll exactly.

I caught the fight on U-Stream because I do not get Showtime or CBS (fuck you Time Warner) I am cutting my ties with Time Warner and getting dish. Ridiculous. I dropped my Dish for Time Warner recently and I want to kick myself in the nuts. Next Tuesday I will have CBS and Showtime!

Jarmell Charlo (love this kid and his brother) boxed beautifully. Showed composure in the ring and saw his opening and went for it, great fight.

Bennet vs. Vargas= the way Bennett was standing I thought he was going to ask Vargas for a cigarette. Bennett scared, Vargas pressure was incredible. You think with the cut over his eye Bennett would of been on the offensive, he didn't have enough fire power to really hurt Vargas. Defense would of helped Bennett in that fight. Good performance by Vargas.

Dontay Wilder= DAMN!I mean damn.

Broner supposed to be here in Chicago tonight so I know where he probably gon end up partying later. I hope he keeps his cool.because he's going to an unsavory part of town, they don't give two shits about him and I can honestly say that I don't think Chicago is a pro Broner crowd and that's with the black fans supporting him.

Finally! Somebody agrees with me k. This world star crap, I encourage anyone whose never been to just look at the vids and titles to them, WSHH promoted the agenda of the masses. It's straight buffoonery at it's best. I refuse to acknowledge that site as hip hop.

The Watson twins did and interview recently and they went thru what they do for the fighters, on the real I could hire a former classmate to do what they do. TBH they're there just to rep Haymon since he likes to be the invisible man.

CBS is not budging, I didn't think nothing of it but um now thinking this will hurt the business end of the PPV next month.

I like Bennet, but he just got beat vargas was too much for him. I think Bennet has the better physical tools but he only seemed to have one speed. Plus Vargas went to the well a lot and took some power out of Bennet. Broner's boy didn't cook last night laugh.gif

Wilder is the future
mgrover
seriously this kids annoying as fuck, and hes older than me. I mean come on, he says he'll be considered the best ever in the next 2 years. That's just not believable, unless he fights Mayweather dominates him, and then dominates every other fighter from the welterweights to the heavyweights, in two years.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 11 2013, 06:44 AM) *
seriously this kids annoying as fuck, and hes older than me. I mean come on, he says he'll be considered the best ever in the next 2 years. That's just not believable, unless he fights Mayweather dominates him, and then dominates every other fighter from the welterweights to the heavyweights, in two years.

Mgrover: you didn't hear him? He doesn't have to fight Mayweather to prove that he is the best. He is going to wait until Mayweather retires and that is when he will take over the boxing game. He is pulling a Jay Z. I will wait until Pac and Biggie dies and I will be the King of Rap. Same with Broner. There are no friends in boxing if you want that crown. If they offer Mayweather Broner, I promise May would be like. let's go. I think he too, is tired of Broner's attics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.