Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What In The World Is Going On With Gary Russell Jr. ?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
About a week from now Gary Russell Jr., supposedly one of the hottest fighters in the game, will fight some scrub called Juan Ruiz, whose record is a lofty 23-11 with 7 KO's.

Alright. Enough. The bullshit has got to stop.

This is a supremely talented fighter who has arguably the fastest hands in the sport but they keep putting him in these bullshit ass fights. Dude 25 years old and has over 20 fights.

He NEEDS to be put in there with some good competition. Also, why the fuck is he still fighting 10 round fights ?

If dudes in his division ain't shit and won't fight, then move up to Lightweight and keep it moving.

Dolimite
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Aug 1 2013, 09:27 PM) *
About a week from now Gary Russell Jr., supposedly one of the hottest fighters in the game, will fight some scrub called Juan Ruiz, whose record is a lofty 23-11 with 7 KO's.

Alright. Enough. The bullshit has got to stop.

This is a supremely talented fighter who has arguably the fastest hands in the sport but they keep putting him in these bullshit ass fights. Dude 25 years old and has over 20 fights.

He NEEDS to be put in there with some good competition. Also, why the fuck is he still fighting 10 round fights ?

If dudes in his division ain't shit and won't fight, then move up to Lightweight and keep it moving.

He said he is taking a light fight to see how his hands hold up.... I smell and call BS!
Cshel86
Fuck him
checkleft
23-11.. sounds like he is taking a step forward lol
flazi
this guy takes one step forward then 2 back.
daprofessor
tough crowd. laugh.gif
HyyerBlaze
Have a feeling if he was with TR yall would be killing his promoter...haha

But yea...guy needs to start fighting some meaningful fights...10 rounds fighta give me a break
daprofessor
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Aug 2 2013, 04:07 PM) *

But yea...guy needs to start fighting some meaningful fights...10 rounds fighta give me a break

i think if you look through most of the recent posts on the guy most will agree....he does NOT get a pass. he definitely needs to step up the comp.
klonopinz
what pisses m e off is he is callin out abner and shit then fights this bum. at least fight a contender like ponce or some shit.
daprofessor
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Aug 2 2013, 06:40 PM) *
what pisses m e off is he is callin out abner and shit then fights this bum. at least fight a contender like ponce or some shit.

ponce was ready to fight him too!!! smh.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Aug 2 2013, 04:07 PM) *

Considering he's a promotional free agent, they've been killing the right person: HIM. I like GRJ and still believe he'll give anyone in his division that work (sans when Rigo moves up), but dayum.....it's time to move up from cab drivers to crossing guards, at least.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 2 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Considering he's a promotional free agent, they've been killing the right person: HIM. I like GRJ and still believe he'll give anyone in his division that work (sans when Rigo moves up), but dayum.....it's time to move up from cab drivers to crossing guards, at least.

laugh.gif

Looks like I have a new sig!
FinitoElDinamita
He's one of the most protected young fighters along with Kell Brook.

Im no longer interested in this punkass, T-rex arms Russell. Just wake me up when he faces somebody with a pulse.
Dolimite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5EzxFR4SM

I think this sums up Gary Russell Jr. Like the rest of the young fighters they are starting to believe their hype and it is hurting their career. Get in the ring with stiff competition and be done with it. Let your first speak itself.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 12:12 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5EzxFR4SM

I think this sums up Gary Russell Jr. Like the rest of the young fighters they are starting to believe their hype and it is hurting their career. Get in the ring with stiff competition and be done with it. Let your first speak itself.

that's my new theme song!!! laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.