Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teddy Atlas was right about Povetkin
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
His advice to wait on fighting Klitschko a few years ago has paid dividends. Was Povetkin foolish to cut ties with him?
mrchitown
Povetkin is going to get busted up in this one, I think it's karma for what he and his team did to Atlas. I hated that, for one he didn't want to train anymore fighters in the first place and he made an exception for Povetkin, and once they got what they wanted out of him they dropped him. I don't think he'd looked any good since the split with teddy. I like Atlas and they could've treated him better
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 10:12 AM) *
Povetkin is going to get busted up in this one, I think it's karma for what he and his team did to Atlas. I hated that, for one he didn't want to train anymore fighters in the first place and he made an exception for Povetkin, and once they got what they wanted out of him they dropped him. I don't think he'd looked any good since the split with teddy. I like Atlas and they could've treated him better

THIS. Teddy seemed generally hurt by that junk. I heard him on FNF talking about that and read an article on FH where he expounded on it even further. Teddy was like, "They broke their word." I mean, he was on some real, "someone kicked my dog" type stuff. I like Teddy, too.
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 3 2013, 12:18 PM) *
THIS. Teddy seemed generally hurt by that junk. I heard him on FNF talking about that and read an article on FH where he expounded on it even further. Teddy was like, "They broke their word." I mean, he was on some real, "someone kicked my dog" type stuff. I like Teddy, too.

He was disgusted with the politics and the bull that boxing brings sometimes and Team Povetkin turned around and did the same thing to him all over again. When hour spoke about it on ESPN you could see the emotion in his comments about it. And he didn't even wanna train Povetkin, he said his daughter talked him into going over and checking him out. I'd be pissed too. They was supposed to fight Klitschko before this and pulled out twice I believe it was. He and his team don't do good business
MaxPayne
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 3 2013, 12:18 PM) *

I feel the same way. I don't really care for Wlad and Vitali but I do respect their skills and technique.

I'm hoping Wlad gives Povetkin the beating of his life, just for how things went down with Teddy.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 03:41 PM) *
He was disgusted with the politics and the bull that boxing brings sometimes and Team Povetkin turned around and did the same thing to him all over again. When hour spoke about it on ESPN you could see the emotion in his comments about it. And he didn't even wanna train Povetkin, he said his daughter talked him into going over and checking him out. I'd be pissed too. They was supposed to fight Klitschko before this and pulled out twice I believe it was. He and his team don't do good business

I believe it was his team that signed him up for the klitchkos twice behind teddys back and teddy kept him out of it because he didn't think he was ready. Probably why they did him dirty
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 4 2013, 11:25 AM) *
I believe it was his team that signed him up for the klitchkos twice behind teddys back and teddy kept him out of it because he didn't think he was ready. Probably why they did him dirty

I think your right because I think the first time it happened it was this big outcry on why he'd keep Povetkin out of a fight with one of the Klitschko bros. I thought his stance on it made sense and it's come to pass now. It s a bigger fight then it was then and Povetkin commanded more dollars because of it. But I bet they'll give the credit to his promoter and that shady manager of his
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 3 2013, 01:18 PM) *

teddy is old school. i feel him on that. it's unfortunate...but he should have got shit in writing...fuck this handshake bullshit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.